What class do you think Finn is? I'd say barbarian

What class do you think Finn is? I'd say barbarian.

>bear hat
>little to no armor, tanks damage through absurdly high durability and pain threshold
>sword, but no board
>screams all the time
>raised by dogs
>intimidated a skeleton into doing the splits once
>great hair

If you're doing 5e, he's a Lawful Good barbarian with a shit-ton of magic items, blessings, and short-term enchantments.

He also has really good rogue skills [Acrobatics, Stealth, etc]

>He also has really good rogue skills
So he's Conan the barbarian?

Nah, Champion Fighter, which is the Barbarian's Fighter. He's got way too many skill variances for him to be Barbarian. He's more rounded, which necessitates feats and skills.

I honestly think hes working in a classless system.

He relies a lot on equipment and items rather then any of his own skills; he's carried by his swords just as much as he carries them.

I think he has a bit of paladin.

He also has a lich nemesis

Pretty much.
He can't be a Fighter, he never wears armor.
>No armor, no magic

He likes to think he's a paladin, but lets be honest, he's a barbarian.

>It's another "we attempt to pigeonhole a character in fiction into D&D's archaic class system and alignments that try to treat things like character motivations like game mechanics".

Could be Gladiator, that'd give him the free weapon proficiencies and allow him to spend shit elsewhere.

real trouble is the singing.
Might have to be a dual-class Barbarian/Bard or gladiator/bard?

that's just martials in a caster system all over really.

Besides 5e, which got its personality-as-mechanic shit from decidedly non-D&D sources, when has D&D treated character motivations as game mechanics?

If you mean alignment, OD&D alignment (the most "archaic" form of it) literally referred to whether you were allied with a certain side in a cosmic war between order and chaos, and that was it.

can't be a paladin - he's really quite epically shit at detecting evil.

>Flame Princess
>Marceline
>LSP
>magic man
>that entire city of theives
>PB

LSP is CN, Flame Princess is LG [prove me wrong], Marceline is CN [leaning CE], Magic Man I'll grant you is CE, and PB is LN.

And a cute

>Besides 5e, which got its personality-as-mechanic shit from decidedly non-D&D sources, when has D&D treated character motivations as game mechanics?
>not tricking your player group into using Unknown Armies or Numenera's system by telling them it's "pathfinder"
>not being a chaotic good GM

why bother even running games?

Let me guess, respectively they are:
>LE
>TN
>CE
>CN
>CE
>LE

Well, perhaps "game mechanics" is the wrong phrasing, but rather it tries to "calculate" a character's stance in the world with a chart, and considering how many arguments alignments cause, it's never done its job.

With that being said, I kinda agree that if you want to play someone like Finn, Barbarian is fairly close. It's just when its "Oh, character did this so he should actually be this" or "No, character did this so his alignment should be this" is when it gets absolutely fucking stupid.

FP was supposed to be CE to begin with.

Marcie is literally heir to a fucking realm of evil (though honestly was a pretty rocking paladin when she was still human, staked all the vamps and didn't afraid of anything)

Pic related is LSP's personal motto, so CE.

MM is oddly enough probably CN - basically a full on No Sense of Right or Wrong wizard

city of theives was dick ass thieves: the city, so CE.

PB is so CE she's probably most likely gonna end up running the negaverse after killing marcie.

He's not a Magic-User, so by process of elimination he must be a Fighting-Man.

Flame Princess is Lawful Good. She took over a realm of evil, and IMMEDIATELY make lying and being a dick illegal. Then she got into a relationship with Neutral Good Cinnamon Bun.

And PB is LN. She's generally benevolent [and thus Good] and does whatever she needs to to defend her reign and kingdom, no matter how fucked up.

Given she was born in a post-apocalyptic wasteland, kiiiiiinda hard to blame her. Still keeps her from being LG though.

bardbarian

>50964258
>bear hat
>little to no armor, tanks damage through whining
>sword, but no board
>screams all the time
Neutral Selfish Hipster/Weeaboo

He is a paladin, he says so in one episode
actually he is classless because he is a character and not class

I can never tell if PB is supposed to be Princess Bubblegum or Peppermint Butler.

Yeah im confused as well

Peppermint Butler transcends alignment.

also a wizard

He aint no wizard
He aint wearing no wizard dress

If he's a wizard then where is his monocle? It is a well known fact that all wizards wear monocles.

Also pretty sure fin is a combat focused bard

> fights with a sword
>acrobatic
>sings and plays flute
>kissed a bunch of princess

PB is bubblegum. Peppermint Butler is always abbreviated Pepbutt.

Peppermint is True Evil

What about Gunther?

Actually a CE lovecraftian being who predates the universe and almost killed God. Who knew?

Wenk