Last Sororita Thread of the Year

Let's send the Sisters off with a bang, eh?

Other urls found in this thread:

belloflostsouls.net/2016/12/gw-january-white-dwarf-pics-pricing.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>sisters finally get a new plastic model
>you can only get it if you buy a retardedly overpriced box with other non-sisters shit in it

GW keep delivering the hits for the sisters.

>you need faith to play the faith based army
Pottery

So, how big do you guys think a minor Orders Militant might typically be?

Presumably, they get quite a few of the female cadets from the Schola Progeniums, so I would assume they're typically larger than 1,000, especially since a Preceptory is stated as typically being around that number.

I ask, because I have my own homebrew order, and I'm trying to get a reasonable number in. I've been thinking about 3,000.

It's a shame that the new models are so fat.

How big are the Sororitas in total? I think that'd be a good place to start. Having said that, I don't think your number is a bad way to go.

What's the deal on your order?

There's always knock-off Chinese kickstarter models.

I don't think there's ever been a firm number given on how many Sororitas there are in the galaxy. I've generally assumed they're more numerous than Space Marines, though, since their recruitment process is relatively less excessive, and the Ecclesiarchy has *a lot* to protect.

>What's the deal on your order?
I appreciate your interest. I posted them in the homebrew faction thread earlier, I'll link them in order to avoid double-posting.

The short of it is that they're the core of my Inquisitor's personal army, based on a character (commissar-turned-Inquisitor) I play(ed) in Dark Heresy.

So how do you think the different Orders approach systems of belief? Of course they follow the Imperial Cult, but are they orthodox or heterodox when compared to one another?

I like heterodoxy, as that makes the Orders a bit more unique.

I would think that the Sororitas would typically be fairly homogenous in their beliefs, since they're under the Ecclesiarchy *and* mostly trained by the Schola Progenium, where individually is generally frowned upon.

It seems more that any quirks they develop are more in terms of how they operate than their religious views.

Granted, they could possibly fit into the category of heterodox, but don't simply because the Sororitas hasn't gotten as much development as, say, Space Marines or Imperial Guard.

I get that. I think there's a good argument for that, too. I've always wanted to see more on systems of belief within the Imperium and how that works. Like said, I think heterodoxy offers neat narrative choices so that's why I lean toward it.

Okay; I just pulled my sisters out of storage due to the impending rules *cough* update.

How do I repaint them? Classic Order of Our Martyred Lady? Or do I do something festive?

Silver Shroud all day e're day

Sisters aren't getting actual new rules until after 8th edition releases in 4-5 months minimum.

Any word on what the new rules will entail? And for that matter, anyone have pictures of the new figs?

I'm so torn! I mean Order of the Argent Shroud is great, but Our Martyred Lady has so much more fluff. And it has both Celestine and Ephrael Stern.

Only the new celestine (+Seraphim) models have been shown off. And rumors are that's all we're going to see for a few months.

belloflostsouls.net/2016/12/gw-january-white-dwarf-pics-pricing.html

Eh, it's a step in the right direction.

Go Argent Shroud and do what did and make your own fluff.

Ephrael Stern needs to be a unit.

She has her own model and everything; just no rules....BECAUSE GW IS BEST AT GAEM.

Agreed.

>BECAUSE GW IS BEST AT GAEM.
Honestly agreeing with your sarcastic statement.

That's pretty much how Faith & Fire ends.

>Faith & Fire
Worth the read? I honestly haven't read any Sister novels. Can you recommend any other than F&F?

Silly as it sounds, I kinda wish there was something, a fanfic at least, that was a slice-of-life for the sisters in a convent. So, what things are like for them when they're not out setting things on fire.

As far as I've seen, it's only Faith and Fire, Hammer and Anvil, and Red and Black (audio drama, takes place between the two).

There's also the Ephrael Stern graphic novel, and I think that's all the material Sisters have.

Why's that Sister bullying an assassin?

The Times and Trials of Klightus is good and has some SoL elements in it.

That's unfortunate that there isn't more. Are the ones you listed any good at least?

He failed to say his prayers properly. She's herding him to confessional.

Alright, I'm off to bed. G'night all, happy new year, and keep the faith!

>That's unfortunate that there isn't more. Are the ones you listed any good at least?
Yes, I really enjoyed them.

Hammer and Anvil kinda bugged me because about a 1/3 of the book focused on the perspective of Tech Priests. It had a purpose and I understood it, but I would prefer the Sisters have more of a perspective in a Sisters-centric novel.

The artwork in the Ephrael Stern graphic novel ranges from great to a little odd, particularly the artist's very strange and obsessive dedication to making the Sisters' bob cuts to look more like cartoonish bowl cuts. Great story, though.

Seconded. Daemonifuge was cool af

She had rules that came with the model, similar to Veridyan. But that was from like 3rd or 4th edition IIRC, so she probably wouldn't do too great today.

Nice nips, sister. I'm jealous. I wish my nip nops could get that hard.

Plastic celestians with this kind of detail is maybe the only time I'd forgive GW's recent trend of models with tons of ugly visual noise.

Super excited. Plastic sisters are the reason I'm finally taking up the hobby.

But they don't exist yet.

Damn, no wonder they had to get her termie armour, that girl is stacked!

True, but they're on the way. Started with Veridyan, and Celestine is coming. I'm wanting to slowly come into this, anyway, so piecemeal release works for me.

Can't remember all the numbers given but the smallest number of Sisters in an Order is 1000.
The Orders Major can have up to 20,000 Sisters, I think, but generally only have less then 10K active at any time.
Orders Minoris I think rarely grow passed the 3K mark but it's a lot more common to have them all work together at the one task rather then broken over dozens of theaters like the big ones.

Also, can't remember the name, but the smallest formal group of Sisters and what is considered a scouting party, is roughly a 1000pt force.

According to the 2E codex, major orders number between 3000 and 4000 sisters (including 500-750 seraphims each), peaking at 7000 occasionally. Each convent can accomodate 15000 sisters.
According to the 5E WD codex, minor orders vary in size, with some having no more than a few hundred sisters
According to the 6E codex, minor orders go from a hundred to a thousand sisters.

A lot. Aside from crusades and wars, they're supposed to protect churches, shrines and other sacred sites, as well as pilgrim vessels and black ships (you actually have a few minor orders dedicated to boarding and ship combat). Of course GW, in it's usual retardation, gave us at least one sister per shrine in some bit of fluff, meaning that there are millions of sisters on every plane, but I think we can ignore that last element in favor of reason.
And then you have the non-militant orders.
Recruitment-wise, they're supposed to get the most of the schola's female recruits. So that means that sororitas are fewer than the sum of navy and guard officers, arbites, adepts and assassin in the Imperium by a small margin.

I think they'd lean toward orthodoxy since they're a fairly centralized organization, but the ecclessiarchy is pretty chill about that in general, and considering how remote some outposts may be due to warpstorms (and insterstellar travel hazards in general), and some sisters like the Sabine infiltrating non-imperial cults, I can see some quirks develloping.

that's kinda hot.

I so hope one of the new kits involves pikes in some way. I want some sort of Sisters terminators.

>Implying each "stack" isn't just a strategically-placed bank of bolter guns controlled by the extreme dexterity of the sister's nips in a similar fashion to any given EpicFaceFist cartoon.

I'd love to see that too. I get the sword is iconic and all, but spears and pikes are pretty sweet too.

Why does that make so much sense to me.

They are probably better fed, the SoB do look to be better supplied than most regiments, probably at least partially due to being able to draw from tithes and what not, but they're PROBABLY not gonna be that fat though, at most they'd top out at strongfat/bearmode but probably are more along the line of their models than most cheesecake if due to muscle mass if nothing else

Why is she jerking of her dove shaped dildo?

Head cannon established all sisters are Tubbos crammed into armor