Happy New Year Edition

>resources
pastebin.com/vv6y7fLu

>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>OP image album
imgur.com/a/fHkqJ

Old thread: →

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use READIUM for PC or KOBO on Android)
mega:///#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!C0Z2nZyQ

First for Steamhead Duardin

Oh hey there. We bet the word ‘rumour’ is what drew you to this article. It would have grabbed our attention too. Speculating wildly about future releases is an essential part of the Warhammer hobby*. To nudge things along a little, we snuck into the Design Studio and snapped a photo of something that’s coming next year. Unfortunately, photography is not our strong suit…

See you next week for another game of ‘What am I looking at?!’.

*Well, not really, but it sure makes for fun reading!

>strong suit
>SUIT

Sauce

That model is awesome, dorf Blood Bowl team?

Google says Blood Bowl

Those glorious models...

Looks pretty darn good

SHOW THE DUARDIN YOU CUNTS.

here's hoping that means we're getting new dwarf models for AoS soon.

Can anyone recall a unit with an ability to pile in and attack before being attacked, or something similar? I swear I remember reading it but I can't remember what unit.

Currently looking through Slaanesh rules because that seemed like a good fit, thematically.

steam head duarden release soon is a lie. Maybe someday but they will do a steam head duarden release but there is no evidence one is being developed at this time. Key word here is "evidence".

Whats the best daemon army? Torn between Nurgle and Tzeentch aesthetically. Is undivided demons a thing?

What are you smoking, we already know the release is first quarter 2017, all the managers know it and the rumor image literally has a duardin logo stamped on the fucking front.

Can I get a source on this? Not doubting you, I just wanna know more info.

Here is your source

And you sure that's Warhammer AoS Duardin and not Blood Bowl Duardin?

Thats it, there is no more information. First quarter duardin mech suits and elves apperantly, but he didnt know if the elves were AoS or LotR.

Seperately he mentioned the next AoS release window is february, so that looks like when well know.

He said mech suits, so unless therell be one in blood bowl its going to be AoS.

Hey AoS general. Long time board gamer but first time games workshop hobbyist. How good a value is the age of sigmar starter box if I have nothing? I am thinking that I want to play seraphon or sylvaneth but from what I read the stormcast are really useful at plugging up weak points in other armies?

Am I better off just buying a get started! seraphon/sylvaneth and just slowy building/painting that? Thanks /aos/

I'm torn. I really like both Sylvaneth and the Flesh Eater Courts. What are the pros and cons of each army? I like the Sylvaneth a lot from what I've read but they seem too tied to the wildwoods. I've played 40k since 5th ed and am looking for something new to play alongside my genestealer army

Just buy directly seraphon or sylvaneth.start collecting

source on this?
that is not a source.

that's a picture of the new death roller for dwarf blood bowl to update the one in this picture.

user do you follow the story on AoS at all?

It's tzeentch vs. steamheads in the realm of metal.

>It's tzeentch vs. steamheads in the realm of metal.

source on that?

wishful thinking is not a source.

Idk, the 2 hour long official stream on disciple of tzeentch ?

Daemon Prince.
It's in the bog-standard non-aligned Daemons section.

>Idk, the 2 hour long official stream on disciple of tzeentch ?
so the steam punk dwarves get mentioned in the new tzeench fluff. Its a HUGE stretch to claim that is proof that stream head dwarden are going to be released any time soon.

It's also been sprinkled throughout several of the Tomes that Tzeentch and the Duradin have been dueling it off in the Realm of Metal.

Dont you have this Awsome and so wildly played 9th edition of WHFB to play ?

Thank you user.

I was looking for inspiration for a custom warscroll idea. Dwarf beer maidens, when attacked you can pick another dorf unit to pile in because Not the Beer! and wondered if there was precedent or I was just nuts.

I ended up scrapping the idea anyway, but it's good to know I wasn't crazy.

It is very good value BUT if you don't like the models in it, I'd suggest you buy the Start Collecting Sylvaneth or Seraphon box set instead because you mentioned your interest in those 2 factions. Both of their boxes have very good value.

Thank you anons. I am torn between seraphon and sylvaneth.

do you like painting ? if yes take seraphon, if not take sylvaneth. they are MUCH easier to paint.

I just got the starter set and its pretty damn nice.

I like the khorne models, but not the eternals so much, so im debating selling them or trading them for more chaos stuff hopefully.

might be able to do a straight swap with someone else who bought the starter. i was thinking of doing that actually.

Why are Empire/Free guild gun lines so OP in Aos? I got my ass kicked when I ran them in 7th/8th Ed.

you couldnt shoot while in melee in Whfb

because in whfb you had shit like 1 lone Sabertusk or 5 direwolf that could completely block a 20 strong empire gunline from doing anything even if only a single part of 1 model was in contact

anyone know where to find the age of sigmar painting guide?

So, I've recently come into the possession of a large quantity of LOTR easterlings.
I've got 20 guys with spears, and 60 odd sword+shield guys , 30 archers and 6 of the horsemen and a few special characters. (some mounted, some not)
What army would be the best use for these models?

how much greenstuff are you willing to waste lmao

im gonna say dark elves/whatever the fuck dark elves are called in AoS

Dark Elves got split up.
The sorceresses and all infantry bar Corsairs and Witch Elves are Darkling Covens.
Corsairs, horse chariots and Kharibdyss are Scourge Privateers.
Witch Elves, Sisters of Slaughter, Doomfire Warlocks, Cauldron of Blood etc. are Daughters of Khaine.
Cold One units and Hydra are Order Serpentis.
Assassins and Dark Riders are Shadowblades.

Darkling Covens & Shadowblades combo could work. Make sure your hero characters can be reasonably proxied as an assassin or sorceress.

Freeguild or dork elves, I'd say. Spearmen, swordsmen and archers are prevalent in both factions.

Only standard DP and Furies.

Only Daemons?
Probably Slaanesh.

But Nurgle and Khorne gives you room to expand in the future with compatible allies, and Tzeentch is about to get a release which will give them some cool stuff.

I've started Nurgle w/ Mortals
So far Khorne and Nurgle will give you useful mortals to use, while Tzeentch has new releases in Jan

Slaanesh is kinda just there atm

absolutely none

New White Dwarf is up.

>Earliest i'll get it is Tuesday, because Monsay is a bank holiday
reeeeeeeeeeeeeee

GL then. I honestly would not let you field those if you just half ass threw them on the table and said ayylmao these are ____

Sup, nerds.
So, in your nerdy opinion, what are the best and worst Sigmar releases of 2016?
For example,
Best: General's Handbook (Make Age of Sigmar great again actually for the first time)
Worst: Lord Veritant (boring witchunter Sigmarine with a boring model and boring rules)

GW pls leave

Best looking release last year imo is Alarielle. Also, that Gryph-hound in your pic is good looking.

>lone sabertusk/5 wolves charge
>get kicked by stand and shoot and following close combat
>free to shoot next turn
want to know how I know you didn't actually play?

>inb4 flank charge
>blaming the game for not outmanoeuvring the enemy

play LOTR you fucking queer.

unless you're going for a 'try before buy' thing. thats cool i guess.

even then this jew should just go play in store.

>All these sword and shield dudes are Empire sword and shield dudes
Is that really so hard to wrap your head around?

>being this fucking poor

I would if anybody else actually played it.
I dig the models, but I'd like to play a game that other people actually do.
There's a decent AoS and KoW group at my LGS. LOTR doesn't exist.

bank holiday = no mail delivery m8

you obviously paid nothing for those models. Just drop some money on greenstuff and convert them into chaos or maybe even dryads

Up where?

I have it on yearly sub, i just know the Royal Mail can be either based or utterly shit

Oh my mistake. Well hopefully based in this case.

Problem is that Chaos doesn't have an archer option. I really wish marauders had javelins or throwing axes at the very least.
Freeguild looks to be the way to go.

>Best: General's Handbook
Kind of a pointless question.
I think nobody would question that.

WarhammerTV has posted a teaser video for the Tzeentch Arcanites

We already saw it in the Disciples of Tzeentch livestraming, the 21th of December.

As in pfd? Where famalam?

How about some Iron Wind Metals Chaos Archers?

deja vu

still nice, hope they make more
slaanesh isn't even addressed anymore

Realm of Beasts Free Peoples

as in rules wise they dont have anything resembling bows afaik but that model is swell

Yeah. I was thinking of getting some if I ever need some evil archer minis. They're exactly what a chaos archer should look like.

I work for Royal Mail and I have a subscription, mine still hasn't arrived. I rang GW customer support and they said they'd send out a new one, but they couldn't do it until the 6th of January.

Pretty shitty considering I've got all of the previous ones on like the 21st of each month, not sure what happened to my January copy.

Yeah m8 i know, i was like "where is my copy" on the 21st - was hoping to leak it here and 40k gen

Oh well, at least i have my Nurgle list to do

If not counting General's Handbook (since that would be the only right answer)
Best: Battletome: Flesh Eater Courts. Because finally GW expanded the undead from simple and one-dimensional cartoon villain faction to something far deeper and diverse.

Worst: The White Dwarf. No new model, just repainted old slayer model.

since when 6 archer could kill a sabertusk on average ? or even win a comba vs wolfs ?

also please, link me all those empire gunline winnjng tournament. i mean they clearly got no weakness.

>that White Dwarf mini
Oh yeah. I had completely blanked on that bullshit. Holy fuck, that was terrible.

BUT LIMITED EDITION PACKAGING!

Of course they got killed.
Faggot here probably outmaneuvered easily fast chaff with 5 wide 4deep full command block of handgunners.

No wonder whfb died with cancer cells as big as you.

I seem to remember they said that they hadn't had the time to make a new WD, hopefully we'll get a new model this year. He's at least better represented in the advent fluff than his shitty model plan.

>since when 6 archer could kill a sabertusk on average ?

>stand and shoot reaction
>20 shots on a 6 due to skirmish and charge malus
>3~ hits on a 5+
>at least 1 wound

>tusk: 3 attacks
>hits on 3+
>wounds on 3+
>2.7~ wounds
>+1 to combat resolution for charge

>archers: 6 attacks
>hit on 4
>wound on 5+
>1 wound
>minimum 1+ to resolution thanks to rank

>5 wolves

>stand and shoot reaction
>20 shots on a 5+ for charge malus
>6~ hits that wound on a 4+
>3 ded doggies

>6 archers: 6 attacks
>hit on 4+, wound on 4+
>1.5 wounds

>apply combat resolution

and these would be archers, not even arquebusiers or crossbows

>tournaments
way to move the goalpost
"lone wolves" units were not used to interfere with shooting units, but simple warmachines and as sacrifices to cheese combat blocks into advantageous angles.

don't talk shit if you don't know shit, or at least don't exaggerate.

>No wonder whfb died with cancer cells as big as you.
>still blaming players for the faults of the company
I bet you believe lotr/hobbit got to stay because it sold more than whfb

.7~ wounds
I'm an idiot, sorry, it's 1.3~ here

atleast they didnt mention the fucking rat in her place, which is a glint of hope

Bumping with my Nurgling, which i used for testing the paint scheme

>easterlings
???

Best is the GHB, obviously.
2nd best was the battleforce boxes
Worst release was the white dwarf mini

Shit sorry I'm late, hungover

damn son even dorfs build a better wall

best is GHB.

Best of 2017 will be STEAM-MOTHERFUCKING-DUARDIN.
Make DORFS GREAT AGAIN.

Got my email reply from Chinaman, and apparently everything is 15% off currently, noyce

So I got a trove of old school brets for christmas to go alongside the stuff I already have. Is the peasant batallion good enough at 1k? I might do that up after my current project.

They aren't, they are just strong in a very certain circumstance.

Best: Sylvaneth and Generals Handbook.
Entire Sylvaneth model range looks great.

Worst: Everything Stormcast and Khorne. I hope to god they are fucking done with them for now.
Honourable mention going to Kurnoth Hunters, purely for all the shit flinging arguments they brought along with them.

Damn, I would like to mix my skaven army with daemons somehow but everyone is talking about these dwarfs and they look so good I'm already thinking about dropping the rats
Also didn't I saw you somewhere else, did I? [s/poiler]