Warhammer 40,000 general

New thread new year edition

>Previous thread, previous year
>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>As current as the FAQs get
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Insert Eldar memes here):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Why are you still buying models with end times and Age Of The Emperaa so close ?

Hopefully first for game pics.

Because best faction came out not too long ago.

Please please please learn to resize your pictures

I dont like the way the flyrant looks tho

Does the CAD give me enough slots to fit all the gaunts plus the tervigon i dont have my book on me right now so i cant check.

So convert one.

But why user? Do you not like big,detailed pictures?

CAD gives you 6 slots, so yeah

Most likely it means he has shitty internet, so takes forever to download.

It does, a Combined Arms Detachment has space for 6 troops choices. You have 5 squads of Gants, so you can move one Tervigon into Troops since you have a 30 man troop termagant squad and fit your other tervigon and tyrant into the HQ slots.

Though I will say if you want a melee tyrant you should find the points to give it wings and a lashwhip/bonesword.

Because I want to finish my army before it becomes Marines only.

Title should be "cheap fuck that don't want to spend money on his army and will hopefully be banned from GW tourney for bringing third party"

Thank you for your input.

thats a bit more work than i am willing to put in just to put in a model that im not a fan of.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I live on a farm and every time I open one of your pics my internet becomes unusable for the next thirty or forty seconds. It wasn't a huge deal the first couple of times, but it got annoying quickly and I don't wanna think about what it does to my data allowances.

Besides, you won't actually lose any detail, or any detail that was necessary, and especially not any detail that was crucial to enjoying the battle scene by resizing.

I plan on doing Ravenwing but I can't figure out if I should do a CAD and pay the troop tax, or go with the strike force. Is it good enough to lose OS over?

Because I'm new and playing Space Marines

> Implying they'll ever do anything detrimental to Space Marines

I'll try to user. It's just easier to post the pictures straight from my camera.

quit being a lazy sack of shit.

You can resize using MSPaint it's not rocket science

The lads in the process of tabling a Necron decurion

because there are models I'd like to have and paint, you fucknugget

why the fuck do you think I'm buying them in the first place

You don't have to just for my sake, but it'd be nice if you did

Just keep on keeping on user

If I take a Stormlance Battle-Company and have an allied IC (Battle Brother) join a unit from it; does the IC fuck up the unit's Mobile Firebase?

You took two baby carriers and he took a monolith... One of these players is taking units he likes. The other is a WAAC fag. I'll let you guys guess which one.

Would you guys accept this mini as a Death Cult Assassin?

Is it the Tau player hiding in the other room?

No too heretical.

I can't tell for sure but most of those bitz look like they're straight from GW kits

no. looks shit

Looks closer to a harlequin imo

>babycarriers
>WAAC
They're the best unit in our codex, but hardly WAAC...There's no such thing as a Dreadknight wing or whatever and they're not unkillable. If this is some delicious new years bait, I guess I've fallen for it.

the horns on the mask are a little overkill

Thread died right as I posted. 1250 Beginning Scars List.

There is a tournament coming up at the end of the month (not that hardcore); and I"m thinking of running this. I haven't played much 40k, so not expecting much.

Have debating dropping the Chaplain and running a Scarblade Strike Force instead.

just use a random harlequin at this point

Won't the bonesword make it AP3 instead of AP2 like other MC's?

Smash overrides the AP value of the weapon.

no, smash overrides any built in ap values

Stormlance not Scarblade

Happy 0000017.M3 Veeky Forums.

Does that make his normal attacks AP2 or just his shitty smash attack?

his normal

Is there any point running chimera vets with weapon teams?
I want to put together a mechanized company with only a third of the troops outfitted as grenadiers and carrying close in weapons like meltas. but i already put in a lot of work doing a few autocannon teams.

Original user here im trying to cut points to see if i can fit in both wings and a sword but im always 10 points over.

if we're being autistic about this, wouldn't the year fraction be 001? for 0 001 017 M3?

>we will see a new series and model line ushered forth along with the Emperor in all his glory and his (now) most favored son, Sanguinius

My abs quiver with excitement

>sanguinius coming back
Oh user your so hopeful

Im not an ass, so I would allow it. That said, that 100% looks like a Harlequin because of the mask.

I'm introducing two new players to the game, at either 750 or 1000 points. I'm taking Orks. They're taking Imperial factions of some sort, most likely Marines or Guard but possibly one of the specialty factions.

Since Orks are one of the few armies I don't play at all, how do I make an army that'll be fun for both of us? I know how to make an Ork army that'll get totally smashed without putting up a fight, but that's the easy part about Orks...

I thought you always rounded down?

Because the only Necron involved with Cadia is Trollzyn

Because they aren't squatting the Black Legion.

Speaking of, how's this?

Yeah run a stormlance.

Might be able to squeeze a speartip strike on there too (minimum points for that would be ~170, ~200 with special weapons), if you compress the Dev squad into one with no extra Marines and only one Rhino.

I posted in the old thread less than a minute before the new one got posted, so reposting:

I don't know what the best place is to ask, here or the Warmahordes general: I'm wanting to get into casting parts for wargaming (mostly terrain, but who knows), and I have a few questions:

Are there any good resources for me to get started with this?
Does anyone know what kind of plastic/resin other independent casters (i.e. not GW, Citadel, etc.) use?
Are there any pieces you'd specifically be looking for? Barricades, buildings, etc.?

Any help would be useful.

Are Living Saints really only T3? I instakilled one last night with an autocannon, and it feels cheap.

I mean, it came back, but still.

Do Genestealers really get this big?

We'll your best units are MANz in trukks, mek gunz, tankbustaz, gretchin, lootaz and bikerz (deffkopters are pretty good too)
Any combination of these is pretty much as good as orks get, unless you go full zhadsnark biker build

go to leddit /r/yoyhammer. There's some casting guides on there.

/wip/ might also help you.

Some, they're 'nids. They can become anything as long as they look like 'nids.

Most usual Biomorphs don't but ofc Nids can get fuckhuge

Almost all of it, actually. What I recognize:
>Skitarii Galvanic Rifles, Infiltrator heads (as orb-bot pelvises), Stubcarbines (orb-bots), Power Swords, and some of their legs; Onager Dunecrawler phosphor blaster (tri-skull) and I'm pretty sure the heavy cannon's off another Skitarii kit
>Cult Mechanicus Kataphron torso for tri-skull
>Tau Stealth Suit as the heavy weapon bearer's core
>Far right and background infantry use Skitarii Ranger arms
>The taller legs are definitely from a GW kit, but I can't place it

The only things I know for sure aren't GW are the ball torsos (of course) and the infantry heads/torso armor. The rest is GW or looks just like it. The skulls could be first or third party.

Broodlord/Patriarch?

Those are cron legs.

nth for 2nd edition nids

nah

>Year Fraction: For administrative purposes the standard year is divided into 1000 equal segments; 001-000. This is a purely administrative convention and not part of everyday usage.

000 would be the end of the year (so, the evening of dec 31st in real-world time)
001 would be the start of the year (the morning of january 1st)

>people unironically like these nids

Yeah. Broodlords are pretty swole

The one true color scheme.

i like them because they look so funny.

>implying behemoth isn't deep purple with red faces

Considering i got an airbrush for Christmas, i might attempt this scheme

Wow that looks pretty cool.

I def would, that looks sick as fuck user

>third edition rulebook tyranids
Pictures of this army are super rare because they existed in the narrow span of time between the release of third edition and the release of the third edition tyranid codex that replaced their entire model range.

Are gargoyles good for anything unupgraded? i only put them into the list because they come in the tyranid sward package and it looks like a great deal.

Here's a list that im running this month in a doubles comp with a deldar player.

It's not perfect because I'm using what models I have available but I hope it gives you an idea of where to start

My apologies if this is hard to read, it's the burden of phoneposting.

++ Combined Arms Detachment (Orks: Codex (2014) v2006) (1000pts) ++

+ HQ (269pts) +

········Mad Dok Grotsnik, Da Painboss (160pts)

········Warboss (109pts) ['Eavy Armour, Gift: Da Finkin' Kap, HQ, Kombi-weapon w/ Skorcha, Power Klaw, Stikkbombs, Warlord]

+ Elites (371pts) +

········Meganobz (170pts)
············Boss Meganob [PK & Kombi-Skorcha]
············Meganob X 2 [ PK & Kombi-Skorcha]
············Trukk [Big Shoota, Reinforced Ram]

········Tankbustas (201pts) [2x Bomb Squig]
············12x Tankbusta
············Trukk [Reinforced Ram, Rokkit Launcha]

+ Troops + (70pts)

········Gretchin X2 (70pts)
············10x Gretchin
············Runtherd

+ Heavy Support (290pts) +

········Lootas (140pts)
············10x Loota

········Mek Gunz (150pts) [4x Ammo Runt]
············6x Extra Gretchin
············4x Kustom Mega-kannon

I know. It's a shame, because they're probably the best looking 2e tyranid army out there.

that is acceptable

I like them, just treat them as faster gaunts and a mobile cover screen for my big guys.

have another

>when zoanthropes walked the earth

also checked

I just listened to the overview on vaults of terra of the burning of prospero. I have a few questions for you guys.
1. Why would anyone play the board game if they know how screwed up all of it is?
2. Is this why everyone is so excited to play the new thousand suns armies?
3. Why would anyone even like Lehman Russ or those faggot space wolves? I mean if you are a furry then sure but everyone else?
4. Can magnus in his current form take out Russ?

Umm does this mean nurgle watches over my nids?

Rate this tyranid guys

I don't like it at al, doesn't mesh with anything they have

Remember, it's completely lore appropriate to put zoanthrope heads on warrior legs and give them a pair of rending claws.

It would actually pretty badass if there was a CC zoanthrope variant that retained that kind of look. Throwbacks are the best.

holy shit what the fuck are you doing?!

Are they Necrons?

Get the fuck outta' here.

Nids get 2 psychic charts
1 is a mix of biomancy and telekenisis
other is a mix of divination and new hivemind table

Where can I download the BoP painting guide?

Okay guys we constantly have talks about how we can make orks and dark eldar better but how do we make nids better?

>biomancy having rending thropes
We are better at coming up with new units than GW is.

Those of us who actually play the game know what a cunt transporting models around is, I have been carting my shit around in ice cream containers for ages and need a decent case suggestion because fuck selling my soul for a citadel case.

What does everyone else use?

Take one of the older codexes and update it.

that would help a lot, the Tyranids psychic chart is not a great one.

Dude proxies them as AdMech for Kill Team

They remind me of old HeavyMetal Mag art

Improve the BS of shooting creatures by +1, or allow them to purchase improved BS. Replace genestealers with the purstrain genestealers from the cult codex. Make maleceptors mastery 3 and their stupid power warp charge 1. Eternal warrior on synapse creatures.