Warhammer 40,000 general

"FW needs decent rules" edition
"the end times aren't coming" sub edition

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>As current as the FAQs get
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Insert Eldar memes here):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TFCuE5rHbPA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Change is good.

Comments, criticisms, feedback?

Posted in the last thread, as its dying, so what ever:

2000 points of alpha legion with a iron warrior CAD , the terminators get to run around with the mindveils, whilst the soc throws out heritek spells and, using the Cranium Mavolosum to pop tanks

I saw on some forums that people were discussing the use of forgeworld models in gw formations, as a tau player, I was curious as they mentioned that forgeworld allowed for the following substitutions:
XV104 for xv109
Storm surge for xv107
Tetras for piranha
There was one or two more I forgot xv9 for xv8 bodyguards.
Anyone know of this is true and/or supply a link or screenshot to the email/message from forgeworld.
Also a technical question:
The formation drone net v-x-2-0 states that as long as 2 of the units of drones are still alive, all drones get +1 ballistic skill, does this apply to remora drones?

5th for the 4-Armed-Emperor!

Dimensional key is kinda shit, whats your plan here?

Do remoras have the unit type X (drone)?

Ignore dimensional key, its a stand-in for seigebreaker mace. S+2 mastercrafted.

if a formation requires a specific unit, you can't replace that unit for a forgeworld alternative because the FW model is an entirely different unit

Love it. Few questions - why not daemon of tzeench or nurgle on your prince? They would be more durable. Is dimension key really so useful for your army? The turrets are cool and work with iron warriors fluff and rules, but how will you avoid them being baited due to automated fire? What purpose do the 2 bolter holding chaos marine squads have? Why not just take it all in a cad and avoid them and the terminators and maybe the raptors and take obliter-troops and then a bunch of decent units like havocs and bikers and rapier batteries etc?

Also, where can i get a pdf or something of the lost patrol rules and tiles etc? I want to play it with my kid.

Doing my first conversion for my orks, turning this raider into a trukk to get ready for a duo comp I have with a deldar player later this month.

Anyone have any criticisms at this stage?

Ahh sure, str 8, Master Crafted is pretty good.

They were saying that FW stated that you are able to substitute gw units for FW units and provided a list (I mentioned most of them) that stated what you could swap for what, I'm not arguing to swap something because I feel like it but because someone claimed FW stated that this was the case.

OP is giving old stuff and missing shit proper links for next general.

I'll post my shitty, Vallejo primer plastic eater, unfinish models. Till the OP at least has the lame ass fuck army builder again.

Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)

Older stuff in PDFs:

As current as the FAQs get

40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:

Forge World Book Index:

The Black Library (Eldar poetry is shit):

List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you

I don't know about that. Sounds like BS.

I like it, but the bits are going to clash with the detail of the model itself because they're smooth rather than textured.

More importantly, will the wheels still function?

Looks like absolute junk like all Ork "conversions"

It may sound like BS but that's why I'm asking here, to check if anyone here knows if you can do that, since people were talking about running xv109 wings, guess I'll just message forgeworld and ask them.

>non-ironically using Eisenkern to proxy Sisters
>Black Tempar Guardsman
leave

>Knex

Muh man!

You're going to want to hide the knex somehow. They are jarring.

Those look fucking terrible, i hope they cost less money and time than actually getting the real models.

I've been thinking of taking genestealer cult allies for my CSM. What Leman Russ variant would be best to take to compliment them?

Probably best to ask them, you're right.

Really depends what you want the tank to do. You really can't go wrong with a straight battle tank, though.

thoughts on my 1500 points of thousand sons?

i still don't know which disciplines to give my psykers

>thoughts
Drop 5 points.

>disciplines
Biomancy

read line 3 broseph.

Thoughts of my test Nurglings, especially the base colour which i was asking about a few days ago

looks solid, just need to pick out guts n tongues

Use Neophyte Cavalcade to outflank an Exterminator with MultiMelta sponsons.

I'm just trying to imagine the kind of novel shit that causes an army to deploy onto the battlefield and then realize that they managed to let a fucking Leman Russ show up out of nowhere and bite them in the ass.

Does a nearby industrial scrap pile just start falling apart before revealing the Leman Russ Battle Tank underneath? Was it cleverly disguised as the 40k equivalent of a taco truck? Or does it just burst out of the earth like all GSC stuff does?

Conceptually sure, now finish the model!

>Drop 5 points

It's just his 1504pt list, user.

Happy new year Veeky Forums40k may you have thinner paints and smoother lines in 2017

What is this?

A battle report that has no bearing on the story of Fall of Cadia?

try much harder

Thanks, what else can i do? Within Reason ofc

youtube.com/watch?v=TFCuE5rHbPA

>Abaddon gets BTFO by Celestine

OMFG

I CAN'T BREATHE

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Maybe eyes and teeth too though it works well as it is.

In a battle report. Not Fall of Cadia. It just means that Celestine is likely better than him on the tabletop.

That's it.

Who outnumbers who? The Dark Eldar or the Craftworld Eldar?

DE by a mile

do a highlight on the horns, guts and tongues and you'll be golden.

What is he planning to do in Cadia?

Maybe wash the horns t try and blend them a bit with the bodies? i mean they look fucking fab now

Dark Eldar, by a ridiculous margin. Those guys have a birth rate similar to the old Eldar, but they just clone instead.

Well he's doing something with the Pylons, and letting some Imperials out of his vaults, including Inquisitor Greyfax.

Hightlights, horns, eyes and teeth
Wonderful, thanks again anons

going to get himself a St. waifu

Same thing he does every night, try to steal shit.

Releasing the prisoners is probably a trade off to steal more valuable shit, or maybe his vaults are just full and he has to make room.

>Revives hot Inquisitor from a time just after the Inquisition is form.
>Hot inquisitor gets mad about religion.
>Nukes Celestin from orbit.

If that does not happen I'll be surprise with GW. But then they would write something even more stupid.

Gotta love the Archmagos wrecking face. I know this wasn't exactly the best evidence, but nice to know his ~300 pts aren't wasted.

Add the entire planet to his collection.

Well we know she's mad about Celestine, so yeah, probably.

Rumour says Guilliman wakes up and is pissed about all the religion too. I think it's going to be a theme.

Half drunk me is passive aggressive helpful?

Odd.

Then, wouldn't it make more sense to give them a proper army instead of "lulz, we are pirates and raiders"?

No because that's literally all they do in realspace.

Otherwise they fuck about in Commoragh murderfucking each other.

Ha ha ha!

No new armless model

SoB got something. Is this bizzaro?

I love the DE fluff, it's just a shame that so many Characters don't come across in crunch and that they don't play well on the TT

DE are basically "I'll do what i want unless grouping together benefits me - oh look fuck those lesser beings i'm taking their stuff"

The only reason theres so many of them is they don't get too involved in fucking retard wars like Normal Eldar do and end up getting thinned out.

Do we still not have any more info on Cawls stats? Because killing 3 times your points value as a 300~ point character must mean he is pretty damn beefy. He must have some kind of super arcane shooting attacks.

If he needed room, why wouldn't he just steal more vaults?

Caw has a melter weapon it seems (one of his guns is a Solar Atomiser, the other an arc…something, maybe scourge? [Bogengeißel]) and he has a rule Canticles of the Arch Magos to boost CM units and vehicles and uses a War chant of Strenght to give a 12″ reach?/bubble? -it doesn’t say- 5++ to vehicles.

Save us.

And steal Creed and Kell

>battle report confirms she doesn't even have AP2
>battle report confirms that new models are really awesome guys they can kill Abaddon and not die ever go buy now plz

Yea, I'm sure she'll be great

Let the war run wild, create scarcity for new collectables.

Maybe even steal a daemon prince duelling a primarch.

Yup. Me too, she's gonna be great!

What's gone to be the next chapter after Cadia Falls? I assume this is just the first chapter.

Yep, first chapter. And no one knows.

Fall of Ultramar, the Tyranids Rise

>12" bubble of 5++ to vehicles
In the faction with a total of 3 vehicles over 2 codices (2 are just the same with different loadouts)

Where 1 has a native 6++ that gets better for every additional vehicle in its squadron.

And where another has a native 5+ cover.

I mean...it's not terrible, but it's really situational.

Also, he's an Archmagos Dominus. He should be buffing the robots and servitors, not vehicles, or he'd be a Magos Reductor or Autokrator, surely.

Dark eldar are the drunk hobos of the 40k universe.
- Got addicted to some crazy drugs when they were on top of the world, now they need even wierder drugs(pain), just to get through the day.
- No one cares about them, except when they show up in your nice neighborhood, and even then they mostly just break in a few place, might steal some cheap shit, but as soon as they hear the cops they flee as the vermin they are.
- Fight with glass-bottles and their clothes are stiches together with things they have found.
- They live in a small community under a dark bridge, no one likes eachother and they might kill each other over a pack of ciggerates.
- Their family know they are still alive, but would rather that they didn't show up to family reunions.

Saint Celestin leaked rules.

Ok no, but if they copy pasted 2 codex and slap them under Impirial Agents I would be surprise if Celestin is not just a copy paste shit.

Also she never had AP2. Before AP in melee she simply ignored armore saves like any power weapon

>imperium is gonna lose it's religious fanaticism
i'm gonna be pissed if they make the empire lawfull good a la sigmar
and that's coming from a guard player

Farsight's Daemonhood.

I know that these bundles are rarely a good deal but c'mon GW - AoS ones at least have a brush for the same price

I think it's more likely they'll break up, rather than lose it's fanaticism.

Civil war and strife between the non-religious Imperium and the Zealots when.

We have Halo games for that. You know the Covenant civil war and shit.

so the Heresy again eh

Formations when? God damn it, I cant fucking wait.

Give me the fucking Vows back Geedubya.

That would make sense.

I'm expecting an IA level of shit and copy pasted crap.

Fuck you nigga he is going to save the Imperiums ass

Y'all make any New Years resolutions involving Warhammer 40k?

Mine is Paint More.

After being a fan of 40k for some years I've decided to actually invest in tabletop.

How does one go about choosing their first army?

Go into the shop and see the models first

How can you be a 'fan' for years and not even have an inkling of an army you'd like to collect???

Play KillTeam first.

I didn't really make it a resolution but I wanna improve my painting, and do a lot more of it. Maybe mess around with resin casting too, I've got some bits I wouldn't mind producing for myself.

>I mean...it's not terrible, but it's really situational.

Depending on the way his rules are written, it might affect all friendly units rather than just Admech ones. So bringing him in a mixed Imperial list becomes more appealing.

>]
Nothing you pick can be wring, pick the one that interests you most because you have to spend a long time building and painting them

Sell at least two armies
Trim Ork collection down
Prime everything.
Get at least one army to 3 tone tt standard.

Finish my Not! SoB models, at least assemble them.

Learn how to airbrush, since my time for actual brush painting is small during the rest of the year

Mine is to stop buying new armies. Got deathwatch when theyou cane out, sold them, got genestealer cults, and now I play them since they're Hella fun. Sadly I know I'm going to get the urge to buy the next new army when it comes out, I just need to not do it.

And I need to finish my Horus Heresy Ultrasmurfs.

Also I need to get my painting schedule better organized.

Simple, im stuck. I like Orcs and Skitarii, but i think i really want to play chaos but as traitor guardsmen cultist types but have no idea how I'd even go about that.
Whyso?

Limited to 200 pts. Shares most rules. Less investment require.

In any case, get one of the starter packs. Some of them a really good.