Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General - /pfg/

How much evil do you plan on smiting this year, /pfg/?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/65144/of-dragons-and-yet-more-dragons
strawpoll.me/12005257/r
pastebin.com/Jy5JEW0E
docs.google.com/document/d/1jNC6Z3p7AA-tjkBsp0lDuBT3YRoJQzOeqr9fuyF0QAk/edit?usp=sharing
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/65297/the-pendragon-institute
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Most of it. Right now we're in book 1 of Mummy's Mask, and I'm getting hyped to Channel Smite a Mummy nerd or two

Keep this thread around for when the other thread gets nuked or hits the bump limit.

You're only making it worse.

Has anyone ever played an Asmodean Advocate? It looks like a fun archetype, going full-shark on some fools.

What are some ways to cheese Profession Barrister checks to enhance the sensation?

Other old thread for reference:

I prefer this thread.

I've actually never played a paladin before. Could be fun.

They're way cool. You can use them with big swords, bows, lances, all kinds of fun styles.

They're great fun. Hard to kill, easy to build, and there's something satisfying about playing an unambiguously good guy fighting the good fight.

>tfw I wish anti-paladins could heal so I could be an evil oradin

Suffering trying to heal and evil party that isnt all undead

Make them all Undead.

Normally I would but pvp is frowned upon. I would even let them have their own turns!

Make them mindful undead with free decision making and with their consent. No pvp in sight

I wish they would go for that.

Be more persuasive. Let them know that either they zombie up and get healing and other spell support, or they go without while Ghouly McWight gets all your delicious heals.

I wish paladins could choose anti-paladin class features. Where is my DARK EDGY GOOD GUY PALADIN.

In 5e. He's one of the best classes in the game too.

Or shit, an anti-paladin who could actually Smite Evil, that'd be fucking stellar. In terms of commonness, Evil PCs fighting Evil is more common than Evil PCs fighting Good. Evil on Evil violence is probably more common in the game setting than Good on Evil, really. Evil doesn't get along so well.

Diplomacy doesnt work on PCs

You can still make a goddamn argument. Don't tell me you can't convince your friends of shit.

>but user, my CHARACTER would never do that

Dragon Game
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/65144/of-dragons-and-yet-more-dragons

if you have any questions about the game feel free to ask. either here, in the threads, or in a PM

ALso,
Please help, i'm at a crossroads. Help me choose which RotJR character i should play.

strawpoll.me/12005257/r

Can you use Ghost Hunting Blow with a Ray attack?

Really more of a redeemer than a smiter.

Reposting: I don't play casters. Do familiars get better as you level? Do they get skillpoints and hp?

Why can't you just look it up? Holy Shit

Convince the characters. Be a man.

>Hit Points: The familiar has half the master's total hit points (not including temporary hit points), rounded down, regardless of its actual Hit Dice.

>Skills: For each skill in which either the master or the familiar has ranks, use either the normal skill ranks for an animal of that type or the master's skill ranks, whichever is better. In either case, the familiar uses its own ability modifiers. Regardless of a familiar's total skill modifiers, some skills may remain beyond the familiar's ability to use. Familiars treat Acrobatics, Climb, Fly, Perception, Stealth, and Swim as class skills.

>Where is my DARK EDGY GOOD GUY PALADIN.

That's called a Paladin of Damerrich.

What if there was a Redeeming Smite feature in an archetype that let you immediately attempt a quick Diplomacy attempt, as if they were neutral and not hostile, on the target if they survive?

That's certainly what we're here for. I was mostly worried that I was missing something major from the math, and that I was being of no damn help because it was mine that was wrong. Either way we were looking at different numbers the whole time.

I'll run some numbers for some easy solutions and some fun ones. The most notable issue though is that unless there's a LOT of extra damage coming its way, THREE shots is just not enough past around level 12... especially when we consider that the table was no longer "delivering buffs" since it's boosted by onslaught all but three times a day.

pastebin.com/Jy5JEW0E
hopefully any of this can be of a bit of use?

>Lawful Evil that can smite Chaotic Evil while still having the useful Antipally features

Why can't I have this?

>Powerless Prophecy oracle curse means you can never act in the surprise round
>Temporal Celerity revelation means you can always act in the surprise round
which one wins?

Mmhm, thanks. I'm going through a couple different possible setups. Right now, need to tackle some issues with the general concept of it as well. I'll get back to you.

I have bookmarked your paste though. Thank you.

>look at poll
>4 more people voted
> Still Tied

Is like you people WANT to kill me.

Does your GM allow third-party races or classes?
Would you allow it?

As a GM, I'd rule that it'd even out, so that the character treats Surprise rounds as normal.

Oh, but I do sir.

I do wish to kill you.

If it makes you feel any better, I GM a lot and I'd let you have it if you were my player. But I only play in-person, sorry.

>One vote for awinita the cannibal

We got an under dog.

Do you accept players who are veterens at tabletop, but kind of overwhelmed by pathfinder?

What time are you looking at actually running the sessions?

How much lewd do you actually expect to do in game? Extra session lewds?

>PanzerCreed explaining how to hyperlink
What a fucking legend.

I think most people like the concept; it's just finding a balance between the execution (non-weapon single target main multiattack) for the numbers and the execution for quality of life (not having twelve attack rolls)

Either they should cancel each-other out or the drawback is stronger than the bonus; even once your reflexes get quicker, you're still staring off into space or destiny literally interferes to keep you from doing shit. Like, the ambush happens only exactly when you spin around to pick up the dildo that fell out, or that very moment you're two knuckles deep into your nose, or just as your shit is coming out, and so on and so forth.

Sure you're fast, but the entire universe is conspiring to make sure you're always "powerless to change" what's coming.

Powerless Prophesy says you can never take actions except for Flash of Insight, not that you can never act. So what this means is you don't always act in surprise rounds normally in order to use Flash of Insight, thus that allows you to always act but your actions are still restricted to only Flash of Insight.

New players welcome

after noons on wensdays preferable

I'd prefer it to be low key, but present. If the rest of the group wants to do group lewd it won't be durring normal game time.

Now and again, with the understanding that it should fit the game, and players shouldn't try to do anything too hilariously broken with it.

I feel like it's a reasonable attitude.

Did you get a chance to see my question regarding the Mindrender archetype from DSP? I liked it as an option for a fear based mesmerist.
If it's a no-go, that's cool too. Finalizing the last bits of my character application.

>after noons on wensdays preferable
o-okay then

>Is like you people WANT to kill me.

Pick the character that tickles your sensibilities the most, Senpai. Or, better yet, figure out the one you want to roleplay with other people the most! Which will be the most fun both in the main channel and in private?

Well depriving the world of Onryou and Shizuka sibling shenanigans is almost criminal.

However,

Amalthea and Casimir Cute roleplay would be fucking ACES.

Awinita, who appears to be rising up as an underdog, has some interesting potential to her as well, though i havent memed a meme with yet.

>mfw I was going to work on Dragonslayer tonight
>mfw I just realized I could make an Aldori swordlord, sired by Choral the Conqueror after a brief tryst between him and the Dragon Queen
>mfw I could make the heir to the Dragonscale Throne

I just took a paladin from lvl 1 to 20 over the course of a two and a half year campaign. And I'd play a paladin again without a second thought. Do it.

>mfw have 16k gp just sitting in my inventory
>forgot to figure out what I was going to use it for because life kept happening
>we're about to drop into a dungeon and probably won't be out for a while
>I now have 16k of dead weight on me for a dungeon crawl

I'm having flashbacks to dark souls

But user, what if Shizuka and Casimir are in the same party?

Assume both are in the group, and go from there.

>Pick up the First World supplement
>Discover they put in a whole region where grodairs having a spawning season
>Remember that I banged out damn near the same thing on Veeky Forums years ago

Goddamn, that and the undead-spider-mech-tank thing. Now I know Paizo browses Veeky Forums for the best ideas. Bless them. With grodair hugs.

crap. everything after the first line was meant for sorry for the mixup

Please no, i'm already tearing myself apart.

Insinuators swap out their touch of corruption for a self-heal. A self-heal you can then still redirect to other people with lifelink.

How did they avoid getting Instrumentality'd like the rest of House Rogarvia

I'll allow it.

Why the fuck should he assume anyone is in the group?

Dragon DM! Dragon DM!

Are you going to introduce traits that swap your initiating stat, like the ones Argentum did for Hell's Vengeance? Using Charisma as a Warder or Wisdom as a Warlord sounds super neat!

Lads pls help me figure out relativity burst 5th level rivenhourglass counter. My DM thinks it only lets you move after taking the effect but that can't be right can't it?

I'm iffy about it. You'll have to make a case for it in the actual rules questions thread.

I might allow it as a feat though.

Hey, for that guy who said last thread that he was gonna make a Warlock at some point and would have to convert it to spheres, I did such a thing a while ago.

docs.google.com/document/d/1jNC6Z3p7AA-tjkBsp0lDuBT3YRoJQzOeqr9fuyF0QAk/edit?usp=sharing

>relativity burst
RAW, it's a counter - that makes it an immediate effect. That means it interrupts all other activity to give you the move action.

I said I would have had to convert it to spheres had I pitched it for the HV game that closed out. I knew about your conversion already. I dig it, but at the same time don't really like how it conflicts so much with the Jollylock stuff. That and it removes the melee bolts. Those were nice. Why you gotta take those away?

>be antipaladin
>prank paladin
I called her nigger *giggles*

How does Pharasma feel about raise dead and other resurrection magic?

>How did they avoid getting Instrumentality'd like the rest of House Rogarvia

Because they're not part of House Rogarvia, they're just a random squirt from a Red that just so happened to also create Brevoy!

Or maybe the demiplane offered him protection from whatever freaky-ass spell Choral used to munch on his own flesh and blood!

It's just giving me awesome vibes as a character with clear goals and ways to potentially expand on those goals once he achieves them.

Don't fucking do it man. Respect the sanctity of death.

>Jollylock Conflicts

It does conflict with those, but if memory serves, I wrote this before those came out. Plus, those are intended to make Mystic Bolts VIABLE, whereas these ones already are (Or so I hope at least)

And as for the melee bolts... having it all be ranged means you don't need two sets of feats if you want to swap between them. So you've got Deadly Aim, great. Then someone's up close and you want to shoot them, well then Deadly Aim isn't helping.

If it's always ranged, then your ranged feats are always helping you.

>, they're just a random squirt from a Red that just so happened to also create Brevoy!
Was it ever confirmed that Choral was a Dragon? Because as far as I'm aware he always appeared as a typical Iobarian who just was badass enough to make a bunch of Dragons serve as his soldiers?

Because all I know about Choral and Brevoy is from the ISWG

Base bolts can be thrown in melee, though. You've removed a feature "so you don't have to worry about it", when you ALREADY didn't have to worry about it. Especially if you're in a game with feat tax reductions.

She knows who will be raised and holds off on judgment for them until the time of their true and final death.

Except for an NPC in CotCT because raising them would actually solve some problems

>Because all I know about Choral and Brevoy is from the ISWG

An Ancient Red Wyrm claiming to be Choral the Conqueror shows up in the after-campaign plot hooks for Kingmaker. It's never explicitly stated he is *the* Choral, but Choral was known to be very close to his Draconic allies, and the Dragon seems to have an encyclopaedic knowledge on the Conqueror's life.

Yes, he shows up as a big ass Red as one of the possible "bonus boss" types after the main campaign in Kingmaker. That or you face a court of fey demigods.

That's what I figured but my DM didn't see it like that. I was able to avoid iterative but not the first hit.

Wait, so him saying he'd come out of the Gronzi when his people needed him most what bullshit?

Also, does he ever say what happened to his House? Or what magic ruins experiments he was dicking around with at the Skywatch?

Can be, but you're eating AoOs for that with either the base or my version.

Melee Blaster also removes those.

Just went and added a note letting them count as if they had the destruction sphere for feats as well as talents.

What makes you assume those two?

I'm super curious because now I've got incentive to make a Charisma-focused Warder - if I'm going to go full Targaryen, than I need to have that raw magnetism and dashing hair!

... This still doesn't convince me that WHY you've removed the melee abilities makes any sense. You've removed a potential way to use the bolts for no other reason than "it doesn't affect you", when clearly it affects how you can use the bolts.

>insert confused anime girl here

So, you're just casually carrying around 320 lbs worth of gold coins?

I will admit, a good deal of it was pulled over from the source material.

Mystic Bolts are using a modified version of how the Blaster's Arm Cannon functions, and if I'm honest, I... kind of forgot that Warlock let you do them as melee.

Is it the sort of thing you think actually needs to be reinstated?

On account of basically not being allowed time to figure out how to spend it? Yea. I'm guessing the GM is just going to handwave it so it isn't going to be a hassle.

What would you think of a cheerfully arrogant but kind of stupid and naive red dragon who spends most of her time in a half-dragon form?

I'm still trying to figure how to fit in having a mini-dragon companion at level 3, though. If I can make it work, he would be the brains of the outfit.

There's a Master Familiar archetype in Gonzo 2, which reverses the paradigm. The PC is the Familiar, and the Wizard is their companion.

It's not like, a WHOLLY NECESSARY THING, but it's a functionality that just gets completely tossed for no reason and that feels stupid. Having your hands just catch on fire so you can bitch slap someone is cool, even if you're gimped without feat tax reductions.

I think she needs a sharp clonk on the head if she thinks she can walk around without any clothes on.

Posting the link for the Pendragon Institute again, in case anyone is interested in applying: app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/65297/the-pendragon-institute

Oh, I'd want him to stay the familiar or whatever (probably). I mean more that I haven't found any ways so far to get a dragon-ish familiar or animal companion or whatever at level 3. The pseudodragon, etc all seem to require level 7.

That's what the familiar is for, obviously.

In that case, she needs a sharp clonk on the head if she thinks that in any way constitutes "clothing".

>app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/65297/the-pendragon-institute

I'd apply but it's on the week i'd have to work.

The more I think about it, the more that it feels like adding melee would be... kind of clunky?

I could do it, but I can't help but feel it'd just be... extraneous?

But who's going to clonk a dragon on the head?

and this is why I'm conflicted about yours. I like some of what you've done, but vastly prefer the Mystic Bolts as they were, with Jolly's additions.

Exact start date is flexible, unless Saturdays are entirely a no-go for you, so don't worry about that too much!

Actually, to add to this, it feels EVEN MORE bizarre because a normal Destruction sphere blast can be used in melee.

Assuming it's every other week, it would have to be on the 14th or 28th, because I work on the 7th and 21st.