Obviously autistic

>obviously autistic
>created by shamans committing sudoku
>terrible father
>waited for tens of thousands years to use his godlike power to really, really help mankind
>has no idea his real children are immortal and blank
>atheist but acts as a literal god
>built his "children" (primarchs)
>one of his genetically engineered sons could even fuck his shit up
>eternally screams and crys on a life-support "throne" while acting as a living lighthouse
>is a literal shut in without a life
>has his own warrior waifus
>always a loser. Always.

Is he, dare I say, /ourguy/?

If the other trillion threads are anything to go by,yes.

>wants Order in the universe
>causes Chaos
>wants a prosperous, noble mankind
>mankind is now literal cancer

Yeaaah

Nah you can blame horus for being a pussy willed faggot for that.

>Assumes mastery over all human race based on "might makes right" morality
>Fucks our destiny up completely by making us the food crop for Chaos for eternity
>unironically idolized by the type of wimpy nerdy losers he would've despised for being so utterly inferior to him

But why would the Emprah create a pussy willed faggot in the first place?

Checkmate loyalist!

Hold on a second. He never wanted to treat the Primarchs like his children. The Emperor never even knew his Primarchs when they were literal children. He met them when they were grown ass men. The majority of them had their own adoptive families anyway. They shouldn't have needed the Emperor to be their father figure.

So let's stop giving the Emperor shit about his parenting. He was never trying to be a parent.

>it's an "imperial apologetics" episode

Stop defending your false emperor!

He was the best of us all.
>guide humanity throughout it's history
>save human race in it's darkest hour
>unite it
>rediscover lost human colonies and unite them into an Empire
>try to create a webway project to save the human race from warp travel
>it all falls apart because some of the primarchs were fucking manchildren
>still does his best despite everything he had created falling apart on him
>kill his beloved son to protect us
He is the guy we should aspire to be. A real human and protector of mankind, just like his best friend.

>inb4 ADB
Literally naruto-fanfiction tier

Guys, guys...accept the fact that 40k lore don't make no damn sense and you will have a happier life. Just sit back and enjoy the madness of the setting.

but-but then we won't have anything to complain about!

>That shitty as fuck text on the pauldron.

Holy shit, whoever added hat, learn to use Photoshop if you're gonna try to do stuff like that.

>>it all falls apart because some of the primarchs were fucking manchildren
Clearly that's because of the Emperor. Many of the Primarchs inherited his autism, loyalist and traitors. See Rogal Dorn and Perturabo.

provide evidence of the emperor's autism. I don't see it.

>HURR WHY DOESN"T OUR FATHER LOVE US!
>Said all the primarchs who did nothing of note.

Meanwhile dorn, guiliman, corax, sanguinius, rus etc all had meaningful and loving parents who they made proud and thus didn't need the emperor to be their fucking parent.

Why does anyone like chaos primarchs? They're literally just faggots looking for a man older than them to be daddy to their little boi.

Yeah. It stands out even more because so much of the rest of the art looks so good.

The only one I legit feel sorry for is Angron. First his supposed super-genius magical daddy suddenly doesn't know how to reverse a surgical procedure from a culture immeasurably dumber and more primitive than the Imperium, and second he won't let his son wreak righteous vengeance on the slaver basters who did it to him.

Horus was the only one who really felt underloved.
Angron told him when they first met that he would kill him someday
Fulgrim was daddy's perfect little boy until he got hooked on drugs
Lorgar rightfully believed that his atheism was wrong
Mortarion didn't give a fuck
Alparius and Omegon didn't care, they had their own reason for stuff
Magnus tried to warn him, and he ignored Magnus because of the method of communication

Mortarion hated him Because he didn't let him kill the Tyrant Sorcerer on his Homeworld

Magnus did fuck up webway and placed Terra in perpetual danger from daemons. I like him and his character but damn that's major fuck up.

But if he wasn't, why was Sanguinius his fav?

Checkmate

I think Horus was his favorite. That's why he still hesitated to kill him after seeing Sanguinius's dying body at his feet.

It all makes sense if you realize that he saw the Horus Heresy coming and realized that it was inevitable.

>I think Horus was his favorite. That's why he still hesitated to kill him after seeing Sanguinius's dying body at his feet.
hate to be that guy but it was Horus killing Sanguinus (in a manner so horrible that it gave the blood angles legion psychic PTSD) that made the emperor realize that Horus was beyond saving.

No friend, that would the the death of Olleanus.

Horus, Russ and Dorn are probably his favorites. Sanguinius wasn't really trusted by Big E and Malcador

>Horus did nothing of note, earned little, gets to be favorite and third most powerful man ever
>Angron was barely a person, why would anyone give a shit about a murderslave lobotomite
>The favorite, only one given the boon of his kings sigil, ruins everything his father did for him, poisoned thousands of minds, ruined millions of lives because he's a faggot addict
>Idiot that couldn't understand basic phrases
>Sadomassochist that marched his legion to their deaths on mass hellbent on suffering instead of growth as a person
>meme for faggots
>couldn't understand basic instructions despite being explicitly told by his king and commander to not do something explicitly. Decides he knows best. Literally. Ruins. Everything. Forever.

The traitor primarchs are failures.

Fulgrim was his favorite as an example to show others.
Horus was his favorite as a person/progeny.
Dorn was the one whose artisanship and resolve he trusted most.

>inevitable
It was not by any means inevitable. All he had to do was stop lying to them about the existence of chaos ad warn them of its dangers. There's no fighting an enemy you don't even know exists.

>Horus did nothing of note

If you read The Master of Mankind, he refers to them by number when they aren't around.

They aren't sons to him. They are engineered weapons. Just things to expend as needed.

There's more on that in The Master of Mankind.

Huh, now I'll have to read it. Any good?

>They aren't sons to him. They are engineered weapons. Just things to expend as needed.
Jesus Christ on cheeze-whizz BL is determined to make the Emperor into a complete shit, aren't they? What's the difference between Emps and Palpatine besides better fashion sense and a bigger army?

I thought that he did it so he was like the persona of the omnissiah that a member of the mechanicum expected him to be

the greater good

Personally I kind of like it just because I like how unreal it sounds. I mean just imagine the Emperor talking to the Primarchs.

>Attention numbers 1-20. With the introduction of numbers 21-50, who are more efficient, you shall be sent to quell the part of space dubbed by number 4 as "The eye of Terror". Number 16 "Horus" shall remain here however for reasons that I and Malcador deem fit.

do you enjoy horrible fluff rape and fan-fiction tier writing? then it's the book for you

Sounds about right. Big E has better PR, hell understands the NEED for PR whereas Palpatine is all "LOL yeah I'm space Hitler ain't even gonna try and pretend brah"

Maybe he was always supposed to be a complete shit and not some compassionate father figure. It would certainly explain why he thought it was okay to completely destroy Monarchia and possibly kill some of its inhabitants simply because Lorgar was dragging his ass.

He can still care about humanity as a race surviving and still not give a damn about individual people or their emotions.

See

He appeared to Land as a scientists first and foremost.

When you're running a galaxy who really cares about a single cities worth of people?

WHY DOES HE HAVE CAT EARS IN THAT PICTURE

>Maybe he was always supposed to be a complete shit and not some compassionate father figure
White dwarf lore contradicts this, particularly an early story from his perspective set during the siege of Terra. This was back when the murder of Sanguinius made him realize Horus couldn't be saved and the the emperor blew him out so hard his soul was erased

Why does he have cat ears?

Don't be silly meow, those are the wings of his eaglenyan

>Assumes mastery over all human race based on "might makes right" morality

>implying that it isn't the only just morality

Since 40k lore is always going on about how records of that era are incomplete, much that was known is now lost, blah blah I think it would have been better had BL really played around with that in the HH books. In some novels Emps would be shown as a wise ruler, in others full on space Hitler and everything in between. Just go unreliable narrator to the hilt.

/pol/tard please.

I find it kinda sad that no one has written the Emperor with a weird perspective on time

He's tens of thousands of years old for chrissake. People's perspective on time differs when they're 5 and when they're 50 for example

Synecdoche, terra.
Picturing Emps as pic related and now I am sad.

Because secretly the Emperor is a furBLAM

Because the God Emperor is not without flaws
That, more than anything else is his connection to humanity, being flawed and fallible just like every one of us.

He never pretended to be perfect, and despite his godlike powers actively discouraged the idea of being worshiped in an attempt to remain humble.
The only thing the Emperor is guilty of is trying to be closer to humanity.

If only BL took advice from Veeky Forums

I'd think it matter if you're trying to come off as a compassionate father figure or even ruler, but what he did to Monarchia seems the act of someone only concerned with the grand scheme of things and who doesn't care about crushing people underfoot or trying to use them as leverage to get what he wants.

While this is true, they've stated that when the times comes they're not going to go with that version of the fight or at least as is.

Give me 1 important thing he did before "lol you're a primarch, here's an army."

Emperor was anti-worship because he was the atheist supreme. Humility certainly is not a character trait.

>Thick smoke billowed from the windows, the rain doing nothing to dampen the destructive ambition of the flames, and Uriah wept to think of the wondrous fresco and the thousands of years of history that was being destroyed. He turned to look up at the Emperor, the warrior’s face lit by the fires of destruction.

>‘How can you do this?’ demanded Uriah. ‘You say you stand for reason and the advancement of understanding, but here you are destroying a repository of knowledge!’
>The Emperor looked down at him and said, ‘Some things are best left forgotten.’
>‘Then I hope you have foreseen the consequences of a world bereft of religion.’
>‘I have,’ replied the Emperor. ‘It is my dream. An Imperium of Man that exists without recourse to gods and the supernatural. A united galaxy with Terra at its heart.’
>‘A united galaxy?’ said Uriah, averting his gaze from his blazing church as he finally grasped the scale of the Emperor’s ambition.
>‘Indeed. Now that Unity has been achieved on Terra, it is time to reclaim humanity’s lost empire among the stars.’
>‘With you at its head, I presume?’ said Uriah.

>‘Of course. Nothing of such grand scale can be achieved without a singular vision at its heart, least of all the reconquest of the galaxy.’
>‘Didn’t you just tell me of the bloody slaughters perpetrated by crusaders?’ said Uriah. ‘Doesn’t that make you no better than the holy men you were telling me about?’
>‘The difference is I know I am right,’ said the Emperor.

>‘The difference is I know I am right,’ said the Emperor

>Because the religious zealots didn't know they were right

The ironing still burns

they didn't know they only believed they were right

He isn't actually that old, he just pretends.