Selling MTG Box

Hey Veeky Forums, I found this box in a closet and have been holding onto to it to sell for a few years.

What's the quickest way to get rid of it in bulk? Craigslist? Ebay?

What should I price it at to sell quick but still make something decent?

Found box 3-4 years ago so cards at least that old, randomly organied, some (the colorful box) is actual decks.

>sell quick
>make something decent
pick one

Just mean better than getting like $40 for obviously worth more.

Don't have time and patience to sell cards individually.

ITT user asks how to move stolen goods

Moved into a house near university, people leave old belongings.

Not my responsiblity to go on a witch hunt

Pick out a few cards and show us

Best thing would be to go through the box and look up the value of the cards, otherwise you are likely to get scammed.

You could always just swing buy a FLGS that has a decent sized mtg scene and ask for a quote

this

Picked up random White deck:

Plains x some20some
War Priest of Thune x 2
Leonin Skyhunter x1
Honor of the Pure x2
Infantry Veteran x3
Elite Vanguard x4
Divine Offering x2
Leyline of Sanctuary x1
Inspired Charge x2
Angelic Arbiter x1
Squadron Hawk x4

Pic of a random box.

Yes honestly this. Like honestly, honestly. Please specif OP.

>Squadron Hawk x4

Oh, he was one of THOSE assholes.

Sets seem to be:

New Phyrexia,
Mirrodin Besieged
Scars of Mirrodin

Well, look up which cards from these sets have good value, Wurmcoil Engine for example, and sell those individually. And the rest, dunno. Flea market or sell them as lots on ebay.

That's the thing, I'm not sure.

I could hold onto the box for a few months if I knew I *for sure* could get 3x or more of the value of selling it quickly.

I don't want to sell them card by card or deck by deck, unless the labor pays off more than say $14/hour.

I have a mint, foil Craterhoof Behemoth in my collection, among thousands of other cards. Should I sell it now, or hold it?

I don't play MTG, I just like buying boosters to get cards and look over the art and think up stories.

Leyline of sanctity? That's a 10€ card, probably worth more in dollars too.

>I don't play MTG, I just like buying boosters to get cards and look over the art and think up storie

Jesus Christ.

My ex did that. The sheer joy she would derive from couple worthless Selesnya commons had certain naive charm.

Reap what you sow.

whats wrong with that?

I'd love if wizard released sets of normal trading cards with full art and text on the back for ppl who just like to trade cards.

>whats wrong with that?

Nothing, I guess. It's all a matter of opinion. You wanna treat them like five dollar packs of trading cards, you go ahead.

It's just a very cheap form of gambling that has slightly greater returns than scratchcards. Most scratchcards you can expect maybe 1/5 to have like a $1 prize or something, but with MTG Boosters the odds are better for getting something worth the price of the booster or more.

And for some of the MTG sets, like Innistrad, I liked the story and setting so I wanted to collect the full set of cards.

That's a valid point. Even if you get all "worthless" cards they are still more valuable/useful/cooler than a losing scratch ticket.

Bitch I love squaddie hawk

You could easily do that if he has something good in there, it would take you at most an Hour to flip through those and pull what's valuable.

Look at the sets near these
on a chronological list, print a list of what's valuable and sell the cards that are over 5 (Insert Currency Here) and sell them to a local game store, or something.

The LGS would still give you more than some fuck on Craigslist unless you find some idiot who tries to flip collections.

Thank you!!

This is great, and the person who pointed out Leylines was decent value I'm convinced it'll be worth going through them.

going rate for unsorted MTG cards is $1 per 1000-2000 cards, depending on your retailer.

Magic cards have a mass of 1.775 grams per card, or 1.775 kg per thousand.Get a scale and use that to figure out how many cards you have.

Look for rares and mythics OP,

You can find the rarity center middle same line as card type with a random set symbol.

What you are looking for is orange for mythic, gold for rare and silver for uncommon (most uncommon arent wort shit but there is a few good ones)
Black set symbol means common shit card that you can wipe your ass with.
Token cards and emblems arent worth shit but people like to have em.

Foils of rare and mythic can increase the value from 2x-10x price depending on what it is.

Average bulk rare is worth like 50 cents but again check the fucking card, some rares can be worth 10-50$ and some mythics as much as 100$+ for non foils.

If you are on andriod get the app called delver scanner.

You hover you phone over cards in a well lit area and it will add you card and it will attempt to id it and add its current price.
There is another scanner but it is too fussy for me.

The problem with one i mentioned is it might mistake your fridge for a plains card.

>Black set symbol means common shit card that you can wipe your ass with.
Mostly true, but if he happens to have anything from Fifth Dawn then he should scour that shit for Serum Visions.

thats not that bad
the real faggots are those who are just buying to make money

If it's full of New Phyrexia I would assume there are at least a couple of Gitaxian Probes