Normies buying in

>normies buying in
>non-stop memes
>5 emails a day from investopedia on the subject
>normal youtube channels do complete 180 and shill for their referall codes
>fat, middle-aged mother-in-law begins praising it

The writing is on the wall. This bubble will not last forever. Crypto will crash hard (but will never die), and there will be a lot of chaos. Where there's chaos, there's opportunity. Lets future-proof ourselves and come up with ways to:
>A) Avoid losing our profits before they're realized
>B) Capitalize on the normie hype and make even more money
>C) Capitalize on the crash when it eventually comes

A and B are obvious. It's C that can be REALLY lucrative. Besides cashing out some of our portfolio and shorting crypto stocks, what can we do to make a killing when the bad times come?

Governments around the world won't like this. It's very obvious that some kind of regulations will be made some time in the near future. Regulating a decentralized market means little, but the normies don't really understand that, and it will cause massive price drops. The ETH you bought last year for $80 may now be worth $12, and may stay that way forever

I know >80% of Veeky Forums is now newfags who just got into crypto and will ignore every single piece of evidence that says this isn't a gravytrain, but seriously, why tf are you on Veeky Forums if you have no idea about value investing. The vast majority of crypto projects are overvalued. This isn't maintainable. Stop being hardheaded invalids with your head in the sand and seriously consider what your options are

>Samefagging this hard
The fact that you are so interested into proving to us that the market will crash makes me doubt your intentions. If what you are saying is true, why would you tell us? And why would you be so persistent about it?

>samefagging
uh of course I am. I have mutliple different points and don't think I can structure them all into one post. If I did and someone disagrees with a particular post, they will just comment "you're retarded" and disregard everything else. I've been on this site long enough to know the psychology of the userbase. Breaking my points up into different posts makes it easier for me to see which one of my points someone takes issue or agrees with. It's really that simple.

As for why I'm sharing? This is nothing new. People on Veeky Forums have been saying this for a while now. Veeky Forums's advice has made me a lot of money in the past, and I think Veeky Forums may be able to come up with good solutions as well. If I went and posted this on another forum, I'd be negged because I'm telling truths people don't want to hear. It's natural human psychology to disregard things that don't agree with your viewpoint. Someone who just got into crypto is likely EXTREMELY excited and thinks it's their foolproof way to riches; they don't want to hear about the risks, they want to stay in blissful ignorance.

Even if my predictions are wrong and I'm unintentionally FUDing, it would be retarded not to consider all possibilities. In any kind of investment you have to think about the 'what-ifs' and how you would respond in a certain situation. This is one of those what-ifs that I'm still not too sure about, so I'd love to hear the views of someone who may have insights I don't.

>family member called me asking about my "bitcom"

i wont shill the cryptos i hold here, but there are some obvious moon missions coming. if i can time them well enough i'll over 5x my portfolio in coming weeks, my move from there is to cash out 10%, trade and profit as much as i can between January - March, and cash out completely in April. if this thing crashes before then, so be it. and if it never crashes... oh well, at least i'll have made some nice gains to buy a house

forgot to mention, in the scenario I get out before this crashes, I will definitely buy back in on good projects for the long term recovery. even if this is a bubble and we pop, that doesn't make the technology obsolete

diversify. own things. crypto is a commodity. so are precious metals. you cant time the market. it could all go to 0 before you can even react.

you could wrongly sense something strange in the market, cash out in fiat and it all skyrockets without you.

relax and hodl shit longterm. its all just speculation in the end. your anxiety probably stems from the fact you are overextended in this market, as most are here. you will all lose your ass in the case where something unexpected happens. and when everyone seems so sure of themselves and what they are doing is "the right thing", chances are they are about to lose all of their shit

Believe it or not some of us still consider $12 per ETH a fuckload of money.

That mindset is too passive. I want to exploit this opportunity as much as possible. This time period can literally be what makes me rich and able to retire at 25. I don't want to miss opportunities. The only reason any of us have made money in crypto in the first place is because we took risks. None of us are risk averse here. We're all young and can recover from losing a few bucks. Now I'd rather not lose money, but if it happens then whatever.

But Veeky Forums has always been ahead of the curve when it comes to crypto, so it seems like the perfect time to pivot while everyone else is still walking forward

OP confirmed Norman

Your mindset is too overreactive. You're relying on luck if you try to time the crash (one that may never come), and a lot of your beliefs aboutt he current situation are unfounded conjecture.

>I don't want to miss opportunities
Exactly, and you may miss the true 'gravy train' by pulling out.

ah. and to refute this, ill try to phrase this simply as i can

think of these commodities not as a store of value priced in fiat. think of them as a hedge against fiat. bitcoins increase indicates the weakness of central banks and their fiat. they can try to regulate decentralized markets, and obviously they arent getting very far with that.
governments and regulation can only do so much but the free market is the majority. they cant keep up with it. theres never been a case where a corrupt leadership was not usurped from power by the majority.
simply put, if governments had a way of manipulating the price of bitcoin back down to four digit USD they probably would have done it by now. but theres obvious cracks in the financial system right now and the percieved value of crypto is gaining momentum too quickly to be able to stop it. as the perceived value of commodities rises, nobody longer has any faith in the value of their dollars anymore.
if you dont see where this road is headed, theres not much else i say to persuade you

cryptos wont make you rich. they will merely preserve what you currently already have.
you think 1 million dollar btc means we are all millionaires? no, that just means that the fiat we cash it out in is worthless and we will prefer to hold onto the btc instead

The tricky part with (C) is knowing when to act. Lots of people have already been burned out on BitMex shorting too early.

Do you know where the top is? Probably not.

you creepy, emotionally inept little autists really do believe you're ahead of the curve, somehow. baffling.

Speak for yourself. There are a few of us hodlers that mined our crypto for nothing back in the day because we saw the opportunity for newfags such as yourself to dump fiat into magical interwebz money and make us rich. I'm sitting on a mountain of coins that I mined on a few gaming rigs that were not being used.

i hope what i said here at least resonated with someone. crypto is neither a bubble nor a get rich scheme. it is most definitely a preservation of wealth, a safe haven for wealthy to escape fiat, and possibly a future massive transfer of wealth from fiat holders to coinholders

Hopefully it dies down when they start losing their money trying to cash out losses
>Pic related

Bull market won’t end till regulation kicks in or someone calls in favors to find a way to bust tether

>you think 1 million dollar btc means we are all millionaires? no, that just means that the fiat we cash it out in is worthless and we will prefer to hold onto the btc instead

If the cash you cash out to is worthless, but the BTC isn't, you'd still be a wealthy BTC holder, moreso than you would by holding cash. It does not "preseve" wealth, it quadruples it every month.

and people like you are the reason why people like OP dont believe this crypto fad will end well. because it produces waste of life faggots like yourself

I knew this was coming when Tim Sykes stopped shilling garbage penny stocks and wouldn't shut the fuck up about bitcoin.

nobody does you fucking retard

i guess it depends if you believe it could ever act as a currency instead of just an investment vehicle. me, personally, hope for the former. as right now its more speculation and not so convenient to cash out it. probably a hold for life sort of investment

I was just using your points to refute what you said yourself. If, in the real world, you are the bottom 50% of the wealth classes, but in BTC you are the top 50%, you have made money, not only preserved. That is just going off of what you said.

And further, it's pretty convenient to cash out through CoinBase as long as there's no major bullrun/crash happening the moment you want to cash out.

thats a lot of words for a retard to say

This lol. Right now I think the best bet in being ahead of the curve is hiding in promising alts and praying for another good spring, but no one really knows.

This bubble is only just beginning. Its entirely possible the true value of Bitcoin is 50k. Its entirely possible the true value of Bitcoin is 10k.

Solution to our problem is this: engage in conservative accumulation. Sell at 720 and buy at 700. Just do this all the time and accumulate as much as possible and get good at it. Also learn arbitrage. Once you learn these things you'll feel comfortable cashing out when systemic risk increases because you'll be able to recover your losses.

>a lot of your beliefs aboutt he current situation are unfounded conjecture

"Unfounded conjecture" is extremely rich coming from anyone placing bets on a sector that is literally nothing BUT unfounded conjecture/promises/IOUs that nearly always lead to vapor, and that has yet to produce A SINGLE mass-use case.

same thing here

What will be the greatest sell signal possible?

What was the sell signal in the dotcom era? I'm pretty sure people have studied this

All I know is for the first time ever I'm opening a Bitmex account to short Bitcoin.

>libertarian "muh failing system" poopytalk.

Bitcoin's increase doesn't "indicate" anything about the dollar except, at best, FUD about it.

What bitcoin's increase actually indicates is retard FOMO.

Yes, there are reasons to be FUDdy about fiat and cracks in the system. No argument there.

But there's ten times as much reason to be FUDdy about crypto.

Just buy monero, kmd and Nexus. 3 coins that will be resistant to incoming regulations.

>the amount of people who are gonna get JUSTd because of that
delicious

Shorting anything before the tether/finex fraud blows up is a dangerous move. More reasonable to cash out x% of your portfolio to USD/EUR and have buy orders ready at crash prices.

If I were in crypto for fiat gains, I'd be half fiat half crypto right now. Most sensible split given the level of moving parts and uncertainty we're talking about here.

this there's only two coins worth owningand one of them is BTC. If you don't know the obvious other one than you have no business buying these things.

eth is garbage, worth $1.

that would probably be Cisco hitting a trillion dollar market cap.

A): stay in tether at least when you're asleep
B): trade the huge bull runs
C): short when you recognize a black swan event

t. Missed the whole boom waiting for a crash that never came.

My mindset right now switched from gaining BTC to gaining USD value. The big crash is certainly coming, don't get JUST'd by HOLDing coins.

If the real markets were healthy and normal at the moment, I'd agree with you that a BTC crash was looming.

But if the real world bubble were to pop before the cryptobubble, the surge of normies we've seen so far this year would be nothing in comparison to what's coming.

Really right ? You know he has no idea what he's fucking talking about

Do you think when people lose money in stocks they just go and buy most speculative investment that exists?

Shill them please

holy shit bud i think 99.9% of us are just hoping to mmake enough to retire not overthrow the goddamn governments lolololol fucking deluded cryptonerds.

look at the chart for MONA, decreasing volume while price has been trading in the same range for about a week. seems it will see a breakout to around $24-30 in the next week, maybe sooner.

that is one of the riskier positions i am in, but i have faith in japs to pump this before christmas. my other positions are already mooning or more obscure, if i post them biz will ignore anyway and call me a pajeet.

my fucking GRANNY was talking about it SELL SELL SELL

Post them pajeet

Price controls. It always fails and creates an underground economy.

ZIRP is creating an unnatural environment where every asset is over valued.

BTC is a real solution to this problem. The first and last place you could every really save in a transparent fair way without getting scalped by your overlords.

I'm just selling my crypto

I've made so much money off of it. Time to buy a new car and coast