Converge RP

Has anyone tried RPing at converge.chat yet?
I got put onto it as Omegle sucks dick now, but it seems very new and empty.
>Pic unrelated.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesseract#/media/File:Net_of_tesseract.gif
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

An hour later and the front page is full of shitposts.
Well, I guess I asked for it.

It was me fucker whatchu gonna do about it

so how many possibilities is this EXACTLY? like if you throw in a man into this monstrosity, whats the mathematical probability of this person leaving the cube? i understand the concept of a tesseract, but a tesseract 8x is a slight bit more to wrap your head around for the purpose of "get out"

>whats the mathematical probability of this person leaving the cube?
On a long enough timeline, 1
In a given timeframe, depends on the guy.

lets just say being inside the cube you are immortal for the purpose of "long enough time line" for the just incase he may die before he leaves. and what do you mean by just:
>1

well there are only 64 rooms, all you need to do is go through them all and then get out, that won't take long

probability = 1 means 100%

This guy gets it.

A regular guy with a piece of chalk could get out in an afternoon, assuming no other obstacles.

Possibilities of what, rooms to be in? Just count them, they're all there.

It's the probability of somethign guaranteed to happen, 100%.

If the chance of success on an attempt is greater than zero, and you have infinite attempts, then sooner or later you will succeed.

so is it just that it looks scary? or is it really that easy to enter and exit it. cause it seems to me that it would take abit longer then an afternoon to leave this thing. idk i may just be an idiot and it looks a helluva lot worse then it actually is

>or is it really that easy to enter and exit it

As drawn in OP's pic there no entrance or exit, so you'll have to add that or it'll be outright impossible to do either. But assuming there's some portal in/out in one of the rooms you can get around pretty easily if you're systematic about it. If you're just blundering about on the other hand, well, there's plenty of opportunity to just run around in circles there. The GM can probably adjust the difficulty a lot by how easy the rooms are to tell apart, having them colour coded like in the map for example may prove significant.

OK, let us assume Mr. average the average guy is in there with a trusty piece of chalk. He spawns in a random room. He quickly realises that he is in a network of similar looking rooms. Good thing he has the chalk.
Very quickly, he starts to label the rooms he is in, and leaves a trail. Sooner or later he'll loop around, and quickly realise that there is trickery afoot. He then starts to label doors by where they go to, monkeying with the switches, and so it goes.
Then all you need to do is work out how long it takes for him to walk a "grid" through every room, and expected odds of the exit being in any given room at random. Then compare that to his walking speed.

It's just a maze, in short.

I think it turned out that OP's pic was missing some rooms.
I think penteracts were made of 10 tesseracts.

That pic is wrong.
A square has 4 components of the lower dimension (4 lines)
A cube has 6 components of the lower dimension (6 squares)
A hypercube has 8 components of the lower dimension (8 cubes)
A 5-dimensional cube would have 10 components of the lower dimension (10 hypercubes)

Here's where that picture goes wrong for room connections. Every switch takes you to a different room, yes? Even the double room's switch. That gives you your starting hypercube, plus eight extra hypercubes you can reach. Now, there's an extra 10th hypercube that can only be reached by moving two hypercubes in any "direction". To move two hypercubes in any direction (as far as I understand) you just pick your staring spot, move to any other hypercube in reach, then go to the "double room" of that hypercube and press the switch. Essentially the "double room" of any hypercube you didn't start in will lead you to the opposite hypercube from your starting point.
None of this "take you back to the middle of your own room" nonsense.

>whats the mathematical probability of this person leaving the cube?
I dont think the picture has a exit

ok, thats what i was thinking

i get where your coming from with the piece of chalk and that would allow them to leave it a helluva lot easier, but idk if everyones first thought would be to
>lets label all the rooms and doors
not saying nobody would do that of course and the person would eventually get out given enough time and energy put into it, and i can see its a maze, maybe its just alot more terrifying to think about by just seeing this and having an additional 7 tesseracts attached to it
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesseract#/media/File:Net_of_tesseract.gif
wouldnt let me post it so heres a link

it doesnt, but the hypothetical of "what if there was" was on my mind

[/spoiler]asd

OK, so perhaps more accurately:
The average guy might start thinging they are in a flat grid of similar-looking rooms and thus draw a literal trail, maybe just chalkmarks on edges or something. The moment they unexpectedly loop around, they'll wise up. Add an hour max onto the time, the loops are only eight rooms long, that's a very short walk.

>so is it just that it looks scary?
Its basically this:
you have the center room
and the up/down/north/south/east/west I caress is because I posess it, I am stingy and its miner
from center room moving at the directon X leads to the room with that name.

at the rooms with directions as names, if you move to the same direction that names your room, you go to the room named double.
at the rooms with directions as names, if you move to the opposite direction of your room name, you go to center.
and at rooms with directions as the name, if you move to other directions, you end in the room with same name of the direction you moved to.

Double room works as the center room, but with inverted axies, moving to east, and you end at west room as some example.

All those movements I said before, lead you to a room of the "same color", the hard part is the swicth, I cant explain the idea behind it

>and the up/down/north/south/east/west I caress is because I posess it, I am stingy and its miner
What?

1 penteract * 10 tesseracts/penteract * 8 cubes/tesseract * 6 flooors(i.e downward directions)/cube gives 480 floors to map out.