Is coinbase a good place to start crypto trading?

Is coinbase a good place to start crypto trading?

Why not. Just transfer using GDAX unless you want fees up the ass.

Yeah if you wanna get cucked in the ass by fees.

The best

Aren't coinbase and GDAX separate exchanges?
Yeah that's what I thought.

Also, what platform do you people use to trade less popular coins?

Coinbase fees are crazy if you try to trade there buy and sell fees steal all the profit and thats if the price is $30 swing on LTC
bitcoin must be worst stay away from coinbase and they have 0 customer service i never received a coins i purchases and i still cant get answers

GDAX is Coinbase

yet they're the most secure and reputable platform.

I like being able to buy my coins instantaneously on Coinbase. The fees are insane but I buy low unlike half of Veeky Forums

What do you recommend then? I just want to trade common currencies for now and see how this all works.
>buy low
Like how low?
Also,

I just buy dips. I've bought Ethereum from $10 through $300. I think my average is $67.

This desu. I buy little chunks with my credit card when the getting is good and also incrementally deposit from my bank account for big GDAX purchases. If you can't spare 2 bucks for an instant purchase with your credit card, then you're a poorfag nigger who belongs on a Chinese exchange buying P&D coins.

You get less fucked by fees with credit card payments right?

I think there's higher fees but you get the coins instantly rather than waiting a week with bank transfers

No you get more fucked. Transferring from your bank just takes longer. Once you purchase though you bought the coin at that price.

The best option though is to have a nest of cash ready to go. You then buy on a dip in GDAX with your cash and transfer it back to coinbase after for free

This user is correct. I'm simply too lazy to transfer cash to Gemini or GDAX

Thanks for the tips anons, last question, what's the coinbase equivalent for altcoins that aren't available there?

There isn't really one that I know of. I made an account with binance. It's pretty ez pz to transfer your coinbase coins to there and get some alts.

Basically you do Coinbase>GDAX>Binance
Ethereum and Litecoin are much quicker to transfer between exchanges.
Do it with a small amount of coin to experiment.

exactly, the time difference could be eating lobster vs eating dumpster

Hell no. Stay the fuck away from Goybase. They don't use SegWit, so transfer fees are fucked up. It cost me $65 to move my coins out. They also have severe stability issues. Every time there's a lot of activity they end up freezing trades, so you're likely to get fucked. I speculate that they don't actually have the liquidity to cover large token movements, so they freeze until they can get things under control. And sometimes they just like to fuck you for no reason. I decided to move to a different exchange, which apparently they didn't like. They put a hold on the transfer and told me it wouldn't release for THREE DAYS before they would put it on the blockchain unless I verified my identity by sending them a picture of the front/back of my license and a selfie. Which is bad enough, but their ID verification system is BROKEN and it will fail every time you try. And they limit you to a few tries every 24 hours. So after you sit there trying to verify your ID for a half an hour they tell you to fuck off and try again tomorrow.

Alright thanks again.

coinbase and gdax belong to the same company
in exchange for being newbie-friendly, coinbase charges more fees than gdax