Gundam character art thread

Gundam character art thread

I'm going to be starting a Gundam campaign homebrew. Needing some Gundam art posted here. (The game will be based on D&D 3.5 rules)

Other urls found in this thread:

gundam.wikia.com/wiki/RX-121-2_Gundam_TR-1_(Hazel_Owsla)_w/_Gigantic_Arm_Unit
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I like the idea of playing in a wartorn city and destroying buildings while piloting my Gundam

>3.5
>Gundam

OP here. What's wrong with using 3.5 for gundam? Not bait question, it's the only system I've ever played with. Casual gamer.

D&D 3.5 is really not suited for things that aren't D&D (And some would say that it's not suitable for D&D either).

D&D 3.5 isn't really good for D&D, let alone any other genre.

You should look at other games like the mecha-focused Mekton, or generic system like GURPS or Mutants & Masterminds.

>mecha-focused Mekton
>using Mekton's mech-scale combat rules
the only stat that matters at mech-scale is Reflexes, so everyone ends up as Amuro-style snap reflexes stronk 2aimbot4u if the campaign is focused around mech combat

What are some of the differences between the systems? Thanks for your help.

GURPS is point-buy, modular, and uses 3d6 for resolution. It has a lot of option but all of them should be used at the same time.

So in GURPS (3e, don't own 4e) you could get by with the Basic Set + Mecha and maybe Ultra-Tech.

Mutants & Masterminds is a d20-based OGL superhero system. The 2nd edition has a sourcebook called Mecha & Manga. Characters are point-buy.

Definitely use GURPS or M&M. 3.5 is not made for anything but high fantasy d&d style. GURPS 4e is what you want and you'll be able to get by with Basic, Ultra-Tech, and Spaceships 4 (which has mecha). If you don't like the mecha rules from that book, there are a couple articles in pyramid magazine with alternate rules that I like. Post in /gurpsgen/ and they'll help you out if you want more advice.
I plan on running a GURPS game with mecha soon too and imo its the only system that can do whatever you want without any real hacking because the hacking has already been done for you and published somewhere.

dumping some non-gundam mecha for you. i love gundam but i find the designs a bit too fantastical for anything other than a game where everyone is a newtype.

i particularly like this guy

this one too

Oh, one other thing i forgot to mention. GURPS supports statting the actual mecha/mobile suits as you would any other character. They have advantages/disadvantages (think feats and flaws from 3.5) that will make it so that the character is just a machine that is dependent on another character to pilot it.
If you don't want to learn any rules that aren't in the Basic books, you can do that just fine.

Aren't the GURPS 3e vehicle rules super bad?

Ayyy.

Ayyy 2.

Ayyy 3.
Time for GM posting.

Ayyy 4.

Ayyy 5.

I'll stop for now.

my favorite suit

I found a good Gundam background in here, so I'll contribute.

I was actually homebrewing a Gundam RPG off of the 7th Sea Roll-Keep system.
Sadly, life decided to ramp up to 11 so its been in development backburner for 2 years now.

why 3.5? Plenty of decent mech systems out there

I chose 3.5 because I just don't know any other systems

Which universe, OP? UC, CE, AC, ETC?

It's never too late to learn.

honestly if I was running a mech based game, it would probably have to be pretty narratively-oriented in order to represent a lot of the awesomeness of different mechs

if I were you I would consider running an apocalypse world hack ala Simpleworld and just making the various mech chassis/classes you want the character sheets

>Gundam campaign homebrew.
sounds awesome OP
>(The game will be based on D&D 3.5 rules)
oh jesus why

not so much bad, but the recurring joke is that they get pretty dense

Believe me, most other systems are way easier to wrap your head around than 3.5.

Don't play GURPS 3e. Ever.

Play 4e with Spaceships and use the Modular Mecha pyramid article.

Pretty much this.
So many systems out there for playing mecha.
But
>Fuck it, I'll just use the same old rules made for wizards and trolls.

So next week I'll be running a high-magic fantasy campaign using Battletech's A Time of War rules set...

there was a period of time that a few posters kept pushing d&d 4e mechanics re fluffed to represent mecha, which i guess could work as it's mostly mechanically consistent (with some nudging), but i'm not sure if anyone actually *tried* it. I feel like it would be a shit load of work for a modest payoff.

That's the biggest pinball shooter I've ever seen.

>Take True20
>And Mecha vs Kaiju

See? I made your life easy!

As someone who recently got into Mutants and Masterminds it would probably be the better system and it's not that hard to learn.

>The game will be based on D&D 3.5 rules
Whywhywhywhywhywhywhy

My nigger!

Thanks
Loved 8th ms
That's why I'm here to get suggestions

Not sure. Possibly create my own time period

A good ol' Universal Century game is the bread and butter of all Gundam RPing, Satan. Alternatively if you feel batshit crazy enough Anno Domino or Cosmic Era also can work.

Fun Fact: In Cosmic Era you can actually have Naturals become Newtypes, which apparently was an actual thing, so they can still give those artificial bastards what for.

This can also work.

that's a LOT of hacking and he seems unwilling to learn a new system let alone build one

you got those trips because you were trying to use 3.5. learn a new system and redeem yourself; youll thank me after

to elaborate on the pyramid magazine articles: someone already mentioned modular mecha, which is my preferred ruleset. its in Pyrmid issue 3-51

I'm here because I'm willing to learn. I'm getting ideas for a proper system to use. Not sure how I came off as unwilling to learn.

>Just gundam

Jeeze, you're a boring person, aren't you?

Here, have a better MSes

Remember that this is absolutely NOT a Gundam

Nah, just have to set things up like the 08th ms team. Get some combined arms going on, keep the mobile suit count as low as it was in the actual lore.

The thing that always bothered me about Gundam was the scaling.

The "story" I'm starting out with is the moon Titan has declared independence from the Earth and both factions are at war with each other with Mars acting as the battlefield. The PCs live on Mars as a contract delivery service. They are delivering a disassembled mobile suit to a client when Titan forces attack their convoy. I'll let them decide if they join Titan, Earth, or stay neutral.

Has anyone used the D20 Mecha system? Any good?

>Put me in, Coach. I'm ready.

What is this glorious beast?

The Gundam Hazel TR-1 with the aptly named Gigantic Arm Unit.

gundam.wikia.com/wiki/RX-121-2_Gundam_TR-1_(Hazel_Owsla)_w/_Gigantic_Arm_Unit

LOL love it

Best Mobile Suit, coming through

>Gundam is too fantastical
>posts designs from show where music sung by teenage girls is always the answer

Just play battle century G.

I love how the in-universe reason for this design is that it's from a TV show based on the events of 08th MS Team that got so popular that they extended it by having the 08th team go into space.

You should try Battle Century G, OP. Its basically designed with Gundam in mind but has that D&D feel you're probably looking for.

Let's get into that good ol' fashioned G Gundam. The G stands for grandpa, because these ones were more racist then your poppop that fought in the 'nam

First exhibit, Tequila Gundam

Next up, we hit up Neo-Holland, and it's design. The more-than-fantastic Nether Gundam

Can you post a pdf? I couldn't find it in the share thread.

Let's keep the Scandinavians going with a little something from Norway, the Viking Gundam

>when you forget the pic

Moving a little westward, we get the John Bull Gundam, from England

The mecha are super Real Robo though, can't deny that

I'd recommend either Battle Century G, or maybe Strike! RPG

Now for something RADICAL

Legs is not for show