/hhg/ - Horus Heresy General

New Year, Same Shitposters Edition

Also, first thread of 2017 claimed by the Emperor's Children!

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8 (embed)
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp (embed)
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub (embed)
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC
>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764 (embed)
>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318 (embed)

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

So /hhg/: How do we kill the Mechanicus and/or mortar-spam?

First for Warmaster Angron

>First 2017 threads have been EC because they have +1I
Aaay
Reposting
#
#
So this means even 3 fully armed Lightnings arent the hard counter everybody thinks they are against twelve Reductor Tonks.
They'd kill 1/4th of the force at best, then be mulched by 9 Vultarax

THIRD FOR THE PRAETORIAN.
Word Bearers continue to be shit.

So, I discovered that ctrl+shift+s gives you a pair of spoiler tags.

Where my fellow Space Mongorians at?

>How to kill Mechanicum
Dangels.

>How to kill mortar spam
Flyers or rad missile tech thralls. Or both.

So did I, maybe only a few months ago...but I have no ctrl key in my phone and I must spoiler

>So /hhg/: How do we kill
Deathstorm pod spam.
Emperor, I wish I could somehow squadron these.

Reposting in fresh thread.
I need to trim around 45pts from the list (hence listing all the wargear ugrades, I know it's frowned upon generally) but I can't find extraneous things. General list crit also very much appreciated, this is an attempt at a fluffy list that isn't too shit, mostly facing other infantry heavy armies with a few tanks mixed in. List in next post because it's too long otherwise. Hopefully fixed the formatting this time.

Mortarion the Reaper (425pts)
Legion Centurion (140pts)
Artificer Armour, Chem-munitions, Combi-Weapon, Power Weapon, Rad Grenades, Siege Breaker

Legion Destroyer Squad (440pts)
Chem-munitions, Jump Packs, 9x Legion Destroyer Space Marine, 2x Missile Launcher with Suspensor Web and Rad Missiles Only
Legion Destroyer Sergeant: Artificer Armour, 3x Phosphex Bombs, Power Scythe, Rad Grenades

Legion Quad Launcher Support Battery (240pts)
3x Legion Rapier, Phosphex Canister Shot

Legion Heavy Support Squad (285pts)
Chem-munitions, Heavy Flamers, Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Space Marines
Legion Sergeant: Augury Scanner, Exchange heavy weapon for a Nuncio-vox and Chainsword/Combat Blade, Rad Grenades

Legion Heavy Support Squad (510pts)
Chem-munitions, Hardened Armour, Lascannons, Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Space Marines
Legion Sergeant: Augury Scanner, Exchange heavy weapon for a Nuncio-vox and Chainsword/Combat Blade, Rad Grenades

Legion Tactical Squad (215pts)
Chem-munitions, 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines
Additional Wargear : Additional Chainswords/Combat Blades, Bolters
Legion Tactical Sergeant : Artificer Armour, Bolter, Power Fist, Rad Grenades
Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier:
Chem-munitions

Legion Tactical Squad (215pts)
Chem-munitions, 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines
Additional Wargear : Additional Chainswords/Combat Blades, Bolters
Legion Tactical Sergeant : Artificer Armour, Bolter, Power Fist, Rad Grenades
Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier:
Chem-munitions

Grave Warden Terminator Squad (320pts)
6x Chainfist, 6x Grave Warden Terminator, Heavy Flamer with Chem-munitions
Chem-master: Combi-weapon, Power Scythe, Rad Grenades

Legion Land Raider Battle Squadron (255pts)
Land Raider Phobos
Armoured Ceramite, Chem-munitions, Frag Assault Launchers

Don't even need the shift in there.

>yfw only a month a few days until Inferno

All those dudes have chem-munitions in their bolters? I'm also slightly scared about what exactly a chem-lascannon does.

>I'm also slightly scared about what exactly a chem-lascannon does.
But how would that work?

>yfw only a month and a few days until inferno is delayed

How long until these threads get even somewhat bearable? As is they're a mess of shitposts and arguments.

Don't you dare tempt the Blighnade.
I've been out for the past days or so. What has happened? Did Curzefag/IWfags/DGfags/SWfags/WBfags chimp out or something?

several months after inferno is released, depending on any furture expansions to the rules/models

New year and a new army started, show me your projects for 2017 Anons.

I have now got a HQ and 2 tac squads based and weathered and will do the transfers when they arrive in the post.

easy bro just dial back on the 3x phosphex for the destroyers Sargent, truth be told if he gets to survive to lob 1 phosphex he has done well, 3 is just a waste.

Eh? They don't seem too bad for the most part.

>Chem-master: Combi-weapon

Why? The grenade launcher is pretty awesome as is.

>Power Scythe

I don't think he can take this. You need to be able to buy a power fist for him to buy the scythe instead. He can't buy a fist, he's just equipped with it from the get-go.

>How long until these threads get even somewhat bearable?
>somewhat bearable?
>bearable?
>bear

Right here, bud.

Go back to hibernation or ya know Taufags show up, m8.

OP here, sorry mate, I don't control the community, I just make the threads. And fight for the glory of the Imperium.

>katana in hand
>curved sword on his belt
clashing of cultures reeeeeee

So far you look like you've done a good job.

Anyone have a link for the Brotherhood of the Storm mp3 audio book?

>Warmaster Angron
As a loyalist, I support this completely.
>HEY FULGRIM, YOU SHITTY AUTISTIC FAGGOT, I'M REBELLING AGAINST THE EMPEROR, WANT TO JOIN?
>>...

>HEY MORTARION, YOU SHITTY AUTISTIC EMO, I'M REBELLING AGAINST THE EMPEROR, WANT TO JOIN?
>>...

>HEY HORUS, YOU SHITTY AUTISTIC PLAYBOY, I'M REBELLING AGAINST THE EMPEROR, WANT TO JOIN?
>>...

>HEY PERTURABO, YOU SHITTY AUTISTIC AUTIST, I'M REBELLING AGAINST THE EMPEROR, WANT TO JOIN?
>>...

>HEY MAGNUS, YOU SHITTY AUTISTIC NEEEEEERD, I'M REBELLING AGAINST THE EMPEROR, WANT TO JOIN?
>>...

>HEY CURZE, YOU SHITTY AUTISTIC EDGY BASTARD, I'M REBELLING AGAINST THE EMPEROR, WANT TO JOIN?
>>...
>...
>>......
>FFFFFFF-
>>Sure okay.
>UUUC-, OH, OKAY, MEET ME ON ISSTVAAN

I thought that was Bion Henricos's katana that he used to take Little Horus's face off.

"We're all gonna make it, brah."

- attributed to Alpharius

Nope, Bion Henricos used a medusan broadsword.

>those real jet bikes

Never fucking ever

GW has one special character on proper jetbike, so yeah ... good chance FW thinks that is a good reason to never give us jetbikes that aren't going to be 'borrowed' by your mom.

>Are there any recasters that have Samael ?

They look like trimmed down versions of sammaels bike not the sleek stuff from visions

>DGfags
Whaaaaaaat they didn't do anything wrong!
That's a gud bear

Aaaay. This is a pro meme.

Sorry. Alfags then. It's always them.

I hope Hibou Khan survived.

He did, in the short story Little Horus it clearly stated that he escaped, Bion got shanked thought.

Our time will come user

When did HH books from BL fucked up?

When did learning from school did you?

The magic ended with Descent of Angels. It exposed at the same time just how bad this series can be, and how far away from the plot the authors were allowed to go.

I liked Legion but I think that book was really the point where BL editors just green lit anything the writers would come up with and so we got useless plots that go nowhere and add bloat and complication to a story that doesnt need to have any of that. After that the quality went downhill for most books and we got nothing but short stories for a long ass time and all the stupid additions really proved that trying to add depth to characters that were ultimately plot devices (Like the Emperor) was a mistake.

It has focused too much on Primarchs where it should be a bit more like the first books that tried to tell a story from the point of view of a 'nobody' like Loken, a story of people during the Heresy and not an orgy of exposition on the Horus Heresy via Primarchs showing their point of view and ultimately humanizing a mythical figure that should've stayed mythical. Thats something that Horus Rising did well, it showed Horus not as a character but an impression of a character, you didnt know Horus but you liked him, you had the idea that this guy was the best there was and thats how it should have been for the rest of the series.

Legion was the deathblow.

That one part in Legion is the death blow. *que memes*

legion command squads should be allowed to take a legion champion as part of their unit

Assuming they don't die from interceptor

Legion Champions should be allowed to either take Paragon Blades or just get rending on their CC attacks.

How much is normal for kitting out your HQ (Space Marines specifically), if at all? I'm new, but it looks like invincible Death Stars aren't as easy to make, so what role do HQs usually fit into? Just go with a Tac Squad or something?

I don't even need better gear or anything. I just want a champion-y 2W dude in my command squad, but the RoW I'd like to use has my two HQ slots filled.

If consuls could be taken two-to-a-slot it'd be enough.

You know what would be cool? If they removed the standard bearer from the command squad and allowed the "sergeant" to take one of the consul upgrades. He'd keep his own stats and options, but would get all the benefits of the consul.

Or just give them all two wounds and make them all Characters.

Outside of knights and krios venators does mechanicum have any real solution to heavy armour?

Oh, we have plenty. OR Medusas are OK, Kraken lightnings are excellent, Arlatax have Armourbane melee, Ursarax have S10 and lots of it, Grav-myrmidons and Thallax can chip in, graviton Myrmidons are death on legs with two haywire blasts each, Vulturax haywire gun, Magos Reductor buffs for Sunder and +1 damage table and every Cybernetica MC has Smash. Also Decima, if anyone ever brings him.

If anything it's easier to ask what doesn't have anti-tank capabilities. For Flare Shielded AV14, less so, but I certainly have little trouble with anything short of full Iron Hands tank/dread spam.

What's the consensus on this, can a Vigilator Consul take an Artificer Armour and still retain Infiltrate and Move Through Cover?

Standard Forgeworld answer

>If it doesn't obviously say it, then you obviously can't do it. (But don't let that stop you from talking your 'friends' into bending the rules a little to make this game fun, because thats what makes this game fun.)

- posted by an upset IF sitting on a bunch of Tartaros terminator sprues

Move through covers additional d6 is unit-wide so long as one has it, immunity to dangerous terrain tests is per model with the rule

No.

The sergeant in AA gets Infiltrate and Move Through Cover if the unit replaces their armour. He never replaces his power armour with scout armour and then goes to AA. If the Vigilator took scout armour, he couldn't replace it with an AA, since the AA is exchanged for the power armour, not the scout armour.

Trust me, if I could, I would have done that ages ago. Also the fact that Infiltrate makes him unable to join a unit without Infiltrate.

If command squads became characters, would that change anything? Maybe it would but only for DG, EC, WS and other legions with character-exclusive weapons that mysteriously tactical squad sarges have access to...but not Command squads.

>If command squads became characters, would that change anything?

IF command squad all get Solarite power fists

Standard bearer is a character, he can have such weapons. Also, why the hate towards legions with character specific legion upgrades?

>Standard bearer is a character
You would think so, and so would I. It makes sense, doesn't it? But none of them are characters, which impedes even taking power daggers or calibanite warblades.

Stupid question, but isn't there a differentiation between Independent Character and Character?

Yes there is, but some weapons are available to regular sarges, like Power Scythes and whatever those +1Str DA swords are called.
But some are available only to ICs, like UM Legatine Axes. Except for Suzerains, of course.

To put it simply, (Independent) Characters can fight challenges, Independent Characters can join units.

Man, I could have sworn I saw it somewhere, because I made a note of it. Must have been some other command squad then (not Deathshrouds, they're all Characters).

Shame they had to go and muck with the Chosen Warriors rule. It used to be that they were all Characters, not just able to accept and issue challenges.

Not even in HH1 they were characters. It's allright; fake memories are waaay more common than you think.

I think it was easier to assume they were characters, since they take up a HQ slot.

So what are we expecting from the new year open day?

Do you go easy on people playing "fluffy" army lists (which are basically "I don't want to drop $1000 on Forgeworld gear so I'm just playing with box set stuff and 40k stuff)?

Hey, here's an idea, how about you read the Chosen Warriors rule from HH1 before posting? I didn't bring it up for laughs, you know.

Maybe one or two new things, since everything else has been pretty much shown off.

>go easy on people

Like some filthy casual?

What else HH related is there to show off? We already know about the Custodes Pimpnought, the Roys Royce Grav Tank, and the Roys Royce Grav Bus. Maybe theres a SoS unit that needs to be revealed?

I'm hoping for the Arlatax, but we'll probably get something like the Moritat or something

God some Arlatax models or even some bloody artwork would be nice! they are like the go too heavy robot in terms of rules and rape and we know exactly zero about what they look like other than they use similar frames to domitars

Magnus.

Can Terminator Bodyguard take a proteus? The regular command squad DT bit says the command squad can take a Rhino or a Proteus while under the Terminator Bodyguard it says they can take a Phobos and no Rhino. Would it be implied that the Bodyguard gets the Phobos on top of their other options, since they bothered to mention that the Rhino's not an option, indicating the previous mention of DT is still valid when it comes to the Bodyguard.

user you should bring your own screencaps, I'm phoneposting. Reeee and such.

To be honest, that was a stupid rule. If all the squad are characters then they're characters and that's it, no need for a rule yo conferr a rule that already exists.

>>- posted by an upset IF sitting on a bunch of Tartaros terminator sprues
Wait for the Errata, Vigil entry is a copy-paste job from the time Tartaros was the same as Terminator armour. Increased price cost suggests that at least. I'd agree with you if you played against me.

Is that a new thing? Never saw it in the rules.

Pretty much thought the same thing, thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.
New FAQ related to Infiltrate is such a load of bullshit.
>so where do we deploy, commander vigilator?
>right there over that hill. you can't come with me though
>why not, it's a stone's throw away
>nuh-uh, I know my way around, you can't follow me

Was the jigsaw troll solved?

It's best if you agreed with your opponent beforehand.

What units go particularly well in an Iron Hands?

Anything that is mechanized.

Termies.

Dreads

>you should bring your own screencaps

Well, I did say what the old rule did.

>that was a stupid rule

Except it let your command squad take legion specific Character options.

>If all the squad are characters then they're characters and that's it, no need for a rule yo conferr a rule that already exists.

You mean like how Deathshroud rule tells you to paint and model your Deathshrouds distinct from your regular terminators? Because power scythes and hand flamers are a universal DG equipment for terminators.

>Was the jigsaw troll solved?

Forge World revealed it early because people guessed most of them.

It was an Age of Sigmar Khorne DP, a Blood Bowl player, and the Custodes hover transport.

How's my list look?

Rite of War: The Ironfire

+LoW+
Perturabo - 490
- After Istvaan

+HQ+
Siege Breaker - 140
- Chainfist, Cataphractii Termie Armor

+Elites+
Apothecarion Detachment - 120
2x Apothecary
- Artificer Armor, Augury Scanner

Quad Launcher - 90
- Phosphex, Shatter

Quad Launcher - 90
- Phosphex, Shatter

Quad Launcher - 90
- Phosphex, Shatter

+Troops+
Tac Squad - 265
Sergeant
- Power Fist, Artificer Armor, Melta Bombs
19x Tac Marines
- Nuncio Vox

Tac Squad - 265
Sergeant
- Power Fist, Artificer Armor, Melta Bombs
19x Tac Marines
- Nuncio Vox

+Fast Attack+
Anvillus Pattern Dreadclaw Drop Pod - 115

+Heavy Support+
Iron Havocs - 375
Sergeant
- Missile Launcher, Artificer Armor, Augury Scanner
9x Iron Havocs
- Missile Launchers

Medusa - 155

Tyrant Siege Termies - 305
Siege Master
- Chainfist, Combi-weapon
4x Tyrant Termies

Total Points - 2500

MK V is most aesthetic mark

are we talking actual aesthetics here, or A E S T H E T I C vaporwave aesthetic

MK V is the equivalent of Japanese belts & zippers aesthetic. There I said it.

>Except it let your command squad take legion specific Character options.
As in, they should be all characters rather than having a rule that makes them characters. Don't you think it just added unnecessary complexity?
>You mean like how Deathshroud rule tells you to paint and model your Deathshrouds distinct from your regular terminators?
I dislike FW "adding flexibility" to the game through loose writing that then becomes obsolete yet don't fix on later editions

>>You mean like how Deathshroud rule tells you to paint and model your Deathshrouds distinct from your regular terminators? Because power scythes and hand flamers are a universal DG equipment for terminators.
It does say the same for Justaerin so make of that what you will.

Ah. A shame, was hoping for a primarch model.

Magnus first look at the open day

you heard it here first

This. What are we really talking about?

Is it ok for a poorfag to use 40k Vindicators in 30k?

There is no rule against it so abuse it.

I'm a bit confused about your quote, but an all-character Justaerin unit would be also nice so AL can steal them and have a whole Power fist + Dagger termie unit