Eversor shenanigans

An eversor assassin with the mission objective of eliminating the US senate/political leadership, is deployed via drop pod in the middle of the federal district during an average weekday. The drop pod is impossible to detect until the moment it enters the atmosphere due to warp trickery.

Does he succeed ?

inb4 the eversor just waits until the 20th

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/The_Samos_Sanction
youtube.com/watch?v=f3bHENs9-2A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

> Does he succeed ?

Yes. Easily. In like 45 minutes.

Imperium assassinates rogue governors and planet nobility all the time and their security is far superior to some secret service with hand guns

He'd slaughter half of D.C. before napalm is dropped on his vague location that eventually kills him

A better question would be what could even fucking stop him and the answer is not much. Police and swat would be wholly unprepared, remember Eversors take on tanks and shit. Theyde need to call in a full scalel military response and probably level half of D.C

I'd be more interested to see how theyde blame it on Russian hackers

Doesn't the capitol has significant security though ? Plus, there has to be emergency plans that involve quick response forces considering the ramifications of a serious attack on the capitol.

> I'd be more interested to see how theyde blame it on Russian hackers
my sides

Nigger you underestimating the sheer level of RIP AND TEAR an eversor is capable of. They sent one after horus at one point and im pretty sure he fucked a lot of traitors up.

The Capitol has no more security in a whole than say Buckhingham palace. If the president and congress are in danger, than they have routes they take to escape the city itself.

An Eversor isn't going down to anything that isn't a tank. These things give Space Marines a run for their money.

>Canonically slaughters whole squads of Space Marines, Ork Warbosses, Chaos Lords etc

Gee, I don't know OP

The Eversor won't live through the experience.

On the other hand, neither would most of the capital.

>I'd be more interested to see how theyde blame it on Russian hackers

10/10

>These things give Space Marines a run for their money.

These things are far beyond Space Marines. They're the very pinnacle of the Imperium's bio-engineering and cybernetics technology, with no expense spared to create the ultimate Terror weapon.

There are far more subtle ways to kill somebody, like snipers or orbital bombardment. Eversors are sent when the Lords of Terra want to send a message.

>Doesn't the capitol has significant security though ?

It took 5 Tau battle-suits to gun down an Eversor that had already gone through a small town worth of Tau security/civilians, the fucker survived being cut in half by plasma and crawled to his objective before blowing up.

Whatever the Eversor is here to kill is going to die because these fuckers dodge plasma fire and rip through robots thats thousands of years ahead of anything we have. Best case scenario is you swarm the fucker with bodies and they all die or start bombing the city by sectors and hope you get him by chance.

You have fucking undetectable DROP PODS.

That means you can implement low-orbital bombardment by entering city airspace from SPACE bypassing all coastal defense systems.

Why the fuck would you need an Eversor to fry the leadership of a country as large as the United States. From space, you can bomb the capital before countermeasures can be activated as well as the approximate 10 other sites in the country that would sever any possible recovery of leadership (source: Analysis of American Cold War vulnerabilities).

The Eversor is ultimately just one person and even it will have trouble chasing down down all 100 Senators and ~400+ House members in a single room. You can't count on the Eversor to do that even in the 40K universe.

Use that warp dickery to drop the equivalent of an Inquisition party favor bomb on the capital. Don't need to waste the paperwork requisitioning an Assassin.

This user: is right.
Eversor assassins wipe the floor with Space Marines.

He succeeds within the hour, unless key figures are out of country, in which case he has to figure out a way to track them down. He probably finishes them off within a week if that is the case. Remember, they're psycho berzerkers who can also sneak around like ninjas, and hypothetically pilot/drive almost anything.
But no, nothing short of an air strike or armored support is going to slow him down. Most standard firearms in our world will have a rough time damaging him, and that's presuming you *hit* him to begin with, considering he moves like a fuckin' Matrix character.

>Lords of Terra want to send a message
Given the state of our political discourse, I don't think anybody today could interpret the difference between an Eversor attack or an orbital bombardment out of nowhere.

At the end of the day, something beyond our current level of technology went and effectively wiped out our leadership. And we're going to make all the shit decisions we would normally make by legislating away our freedoms regardless of the degree of infrastructure damage difference between an Eversor and orbital bombardment.

Like, imagine someone actually gives a nerd the time of day and that person explains that the crazed monster in a skull-mask and body glove is actually a nuanced terrorist strike as opposed to a general terrorist strike, people are going to fucking look at you like you're crazy for making such a distinction.

Like, considering that the message an Eversor sends is, "You're doing something fucking wrong - all of you - and we used disproportional force to express you need to get your shit together" should galvanize some sort of government reform; instead, people are just going to treat it like any regular attack and run around with our heads cut off making the same mistakes again that justified the Eversor in the first place.

>implying he wouldn't do it himself

DRAIN THE WARP

Fair enough, but surely sheer weight of fire will bring him down ? The DC Area alone has thousands if cops, that's gotta mean something even to an eversor.

Unless those cops are packing anti-tank weaponry, I wouldn't expect them to do much more than slow the Eversor down a bit.

Dispatching one assassin from any temple is largely considered overkill even by 40k standards. An eversor would complete his assignment with ease , it wouldn't even be story worthy, just him shredding every thing in front of him.

There was a book where a callidus (the shape-shifting assassins) fought an eversor and it took her three tries to finally tire him out enough to train with him.

The entire US would be fucked if they got hit with one.

Because an Eversor is a weapon of terror. They are used to send a Message.

You drop one because it will shred all it's targets and then the world will surrender after it's cleaned all the shit out of it's pants.

>never played the tabletop

I don't know the first thing about how powerful the Officio Assassins are in the crunch.
I know enough about the fluff that I can rank them in terms of it:
1. Callidus
2. Eversor (though sometimes below Culexus)
3. Culexus
4. Vindicare

So Veeky Forums, how do they stack up and rank amongst themselves in the tabletop and why?

There are multiple redundant levels of military and alphabet soup security forces in the District. The Eversor would be flesh jelly before he made it to Capitol Hill.

An Astartes strike force would be much better suited for such a mission.

Like what ? Could you elaborate, consider that the attack is taking place without any prior warning.

The orbital strike destoys the building, the bodies and may be confused with a "simple" acr of war.

The eversor is shock and awe, maximum carnage and mess but corpses remain identifiable along with whatever horrible way they died, be it disembowelling, blood boiling biotoxin or spontaneous creativity on the eversors side.

The hard to remove stains reminds the next lord of what will happen to traitors.

>drain the warp!
>please allow me to introduce my new advisors: Mortarion, Fulgrim, Perturabo, Lorgar, Angron, Magnus, and Horus!
>these men are great, they're the greatest, and they're going to help me make the Imperium great again!

There is an armored division and a mechanized infantry division on rapid response duty at all times in DC. There are fighter squadrons sitting on the Tarmac, fueled and loaded out, 24 hours a day that could be in the air and on target within twelve to fifteen minutes. The entire DC area is under so much surveillance that even an Eversor would be tracked within a reasonable range. Not to mention the various non-DoD agencies with their own MRAPs and light ordinance. I'm not saying the Eversor would job to Murica or anything- he would certainly reap a grim toll among the defenders -I am simply saying that even he would be hard pressed to take out what amounts to well over 600 targets which are never all in the same vicinity at once before he takes a 200mm anti-personnel white phosphorous round to the face.

The reason I said that an Astartes raid would work better comes from the simple fact that a Marine force can be in many places at once, which is something a lone assassin can't do.

Literally any other assassin would have a better chance.

Eversor still has like a 90% probability, though. He will reveal himself too soon, however.

>Canonically slaughters whole squads of Space Marines

hardly. in the fluff space marines are fucking hard to kill. an average space marine might be outmatched by an eversor one-on-one, but that is party because the eversor also comes with equipment like weapons that ignore the marine's superior armor.

if you compare one with an astartes whom his brothers refer to as a "swordsman", then the space marine will reliably best an eversor. like 75% or the time.

>Eversor still has like a 90% probability, though. He will reveal himself too soon, however.

I don't think so. Eversors are not stupid. read the Nemesis novel.
they are excessively violent, yes, but very efficient and clever about it.
also, they are pumped full of tactical information about the environment and targets before each mission.

>200mm anti-personnel white phosphorous round
We have those?

The Eversor has a better WS than any SM save named characters and chapter champions, and is so fast that it got an invulnerable 4+ save, can shoot twice a round, charge 12" and deliver 1D6+3 attacks. Fluffwise he tears the marine a new one.
Also, as illustrated in the RPG, he can drive vehicles. So expect him to steal a MRAP or an Apache after killing anyone on the site.

Meanwhile, Eversor comic dump. Gather round, everybody.

A hundred eversors slew a combined retribution force consisting of three seperate chaters to a single marine.

Just keep in mind that Eversors preform even above hollywood level of ridiculous.

>The Eversor has a better WS than any SM save named characters and chapter champions, and is so fast that it got an invulnerable 4+ save, can shoot twice a round, charge 12" and deliver 1D6+3 attacks. >Fluffwise he tears the marine a new one.

you mean, on the tabletop.
crunch=/=fluff

Shall I post Vindicare kicking ass, now?

An Eversor leaves more of the local infrastructure intact.

Security is more about organization then raw firepower. And in 40k organization is stupidly bad everywhere from the High Lords themselves down to the low-hive jaintors.

Wait, who, why and when the fuck used a combined force of a HUNDRED temple assassins?

IIRC for the 13th black crusade, the high lords dispatched about a dozen for Abaddon.

As for the original question, I don't know all the defenses of DC, they are no doubt ridiculous by Earth standards. Then again, so is the Eversor.

I expect him to kill all his targets if he has the right timing, if not at least a significant number of them. Our security forces simply don't expect the level at which its body, training and weapons are.

Dude.
Corrupt governor commands the power of a PLANET. It's much more than United States. And tech level is significantly higher, whatever people say.
Eversor feels barely any pain, tears through guard of governors like butter, and you question if this walking "You're dead" button can down some crappy local administrator. Dude. It's like asking "Can Apache helicopter take out a McDonalds manager?"

This certainly isn't because the authors haven't touched anything military ever with the exception of Thorpe, maybe; Last Chancers struck me like somethign a vet would write and that writing competency in any other way than "In a sweep of his arm, Brother-Sergeant Gladius decapitated half a dozen orks" is hard.

>Couldn't even kill Horus

who cares

Vandire executed the entire high council and went home to the main temple.

>even
>Horus
Nigga. Horus is Chosen by FOUR fucking overpowered extradimensional beings. Even. Nigga you dumb.

Vangorich*

Fuck yea. What's the name of this comic? Is there more?

Yes. Yes please.

It was just a short story in warhammer monthly.
Have to eat now, but here's the Samos Sanction with a Vindicare operating operationally.
1d4chan.org/wiki/The_Samos_Sanction

Thank you very much.

No, it certainly isn't because of that.

It's because the Imperium is designed to be incompetent and inefficient.

>We have those?

Yes, yes we do. And those but but one option in the American arsenal of brutal-as-fuck murder tools.

I understand that, but there is no amount of OP plot armor that allows one assassin to completely decapitate a government whose order of succession runs hundreds deep, before you even get into the fact that the governments of the Several States would be untouched by a clean sweep at the federal level.

That's a different matter.
The Eversor can't relly deal with the designated survivor system.
That's what the Callidus is for.

Which platform carries 200mm guns currently?

>Oh, and Belakor is our friend and a very smart guy.

Howitzers and shore guns. I think most 200mm guns have been retired now though. The 203mm howitzers were replaced with 155mm guns a while ago

Why would he assasinate the Emperor?

Didn't he take on a 2000 points tau army in the recent codex and almost win if it wasn't for Farsight?

he absolutely succeeds
probably wont make it out alive though

Pretty much, He slaughtered a whole building full of scientists in about 15 minutes, then BTFO the battle suits that were sent against him. Only Farsight and his entourage were able to actually hit it, more due to the fact that it was in point blank range and there were 9 of them.

The Vindicare actually has a much more impressive kill count, going so far as to shoot down transport ships and riptides

And Alpharius?

is there anything like a chaos possessed eversor?

>The Eversor has a better WS than any SM save named characters and chapter champions

I don't think chapter champions have the same WS as Eversors either.

The only named Space Marine character with WS equal to that of an Eversor that I can think of is fucking Sigismund.

Whoa, since when are Eversor WS 7 ?

They're actually WS8. All Imperial assassins are now.

But these are abstractions statted up to make them efficient and terrifying in game. In fluff, Sigismund would probably beat the fuck out of several assassins, as would any other named character known for their awesome swordy skills, like Jain Zhar and such.

Why doesn't the Imperium just mass produce Vindicares and Eversors and the like?

They're clearly just as tough and strong as Marines, while being more than twice as fast and dexterous, and ridiculously skilled. It's not a training problem, as Marine chapters have the same issue of needing to train/condition their recruits from an extremely young age, and they still manage to make that work.

Is there just some material used in the creation of assassins that the Imperium can't easily replicate?

Anyone got the image of the story from the codex about one of them going full Metal Gear Rising on a bunch of Tau battlesuits?

Video related: youtube.com/watch?v=f3bHENs9-2A

What the fuck? He has Horus-tier WS.
What in the everloving fuck. Is he literally fucking Raiden or something?

Like I said, abstraction.

But it's not that rare for certain dudes to have better WS than guys like Horus. Horus wasn't even particularly famed for his dueling abilities, he was the generally good but not the best at anything Primarch.

Solitaires and Lelith Hesperax are WS9, for example.

Solitaires are hilariously ridiculous.

>oh hey dude, where'd your Tactical Squad go?

>Why doesn't the Imperium just mass produce Vindicares and Eversors and the like?
Cost, and extreme specialization.

The assassins can be made in fewer places and the costs are too high to mass produce them like marines are.

The Eversor will just kill FUCKING EVERYONE in DC, because there will be no weapon system capable of hurting it unless someone deploys a nuke on the thing.

Eversors are like someone crossbred Neo with the Predator and the Terminator and John Matrix and Rambo and Darth Vader.

They will murder everything in their path, and then when their biomechanical batteries run out or they die, they fucking explode and annihilate everything around them.

So... not on any platforms that are actually relevant?

What makes it more costly to make assassins over Marines?

It's a similarly long process, and Marines seem to do their thing basically for free. Money doesn't seem to be an issue - Imperial authorities can can just requisition whatever they want, often for the most superfluous of reasons. It's not like the Imperium actually pays most of its workers; if something can be replicated then an institution like the Imperium should be able to reproduce that thing en mass. The implants for assassins are more complex? Fuck it, train up more serfs to make them, pay them nothing because this is the fucking Imperium and it does what it wants, just tell them it's their religious duty or some shit. The casualty rate is higher? Fuck, who cares, human life is literally the cheapest and most abundant resource in the Imperium, even if only one in every thousand recruits survived the process you could still churn out more Vindicares than Cadia's entire population within a generation.

It would only make sense if there's something involved in creating assassins that is ridiculously rare and can't be synthesized.

It's the case with any war economy. Yet why do you think Germany still produced Pz IV at the end of ww2?

For the cost of one assassin you can create several marines or entire IG regiments.
The serfs could be making a hundred weapon servitors instead of one assassin worth of implants.
What good are assassins when you need to guard manufactorias, or patrol the streets for ork infiltrators? When you need to crush a small guerilla cell that would barely keep in IG platoon occupied for an hour?
Besides : Where are you going to find teachers? Do you really think the other high lords will allow the Assassinorium to expand?

More simply, why do you think current armies aren't composed only of special forces?

Is it just me, or would Solitaires be retardedly strong in a Zone Mortalis game? Just run him through a wall using his 1/game special ability and then BTFO an entire squad of marines in CQC.

Realistically those forces would be better employed dragging the intended targets from their hidding places. Less romantic than a glorious last stand against an unstoppable enemy but the option that would save the most lives

>with the exception of Thorpe, maybe; Last Chancers struck me like somethign a vet would write
more based on war movies than war experience

But the good kind of war movies. Last chancers is probably his best stuff.

>US forces throwing their leaders to the lions when faced with a single (very fast and resilient) man because fuck duty and honour.
And you put that in the same sentense as "realistically" ?

Don't forget that Eversors specifically make great assassins, but horrible soldiers.

The moment an Eversor is activated, it is already fated to die. (Or at least that's how they worked in 3rd Ed.) Eversors are so full with biological, biomechanical and chemical enhancements, on top of carrying just bombs inside their body that when the drugs and batteries begin to run out, they explode. Or when their two, or three, four, whatever I forgot hearts stop.

They're essentially a living bomb that will kill everything around it until it is detonation time.

>which are never all in the same vicinity at once before he takes a 200mm anti-personnel white phosphorous round to the face.
You do realise you're talking about a guy who can dodge fucking laser beams?

Eversor assassins have an invincibility save... that is explained in lore as basically Matrix Bullet-time dodging.

Everything that is put into Assassins is nothing short of the best. Their implants are top-tier Archaeotech, their hypnotherapy chambers are Archaeotech-tier, the people who actually make them are the top of their field, the chemicals and materials used to make everything, from their wargear and implants to the machines that make their wargear and implants, are pretty much the best the Imperium can do.

That's why an Assassin is superior to a Space Marine in most aspects (seems like they're not quite as strong or tough, but close, and much better in many other ways) despite it taking less time to make an Assassin, they've gone balls-deep into the Archaeotech vaults and are probably breaking every law of logistical foundation the Administratum can cook up just to make one.

>anything being faster than light
>warhammer lore

Note that they don't dodge lasers in the traditional sense, but instead trace the barrels of their opponent's weaponry and move to ensure it was never going to hit in the first place. An Assassin's senses, reactions and speed are well above anything the best non-augmented Humans in history could ever pull off, and are then augmented further by their equipment.

nice numbers

Sure, but you have to remember that this guy is sneaky, wearing super advanced body armor, has hardcore cybernetics and can literally *dodge bullets*.
Yeah, if he goes walking into the street with dozens of cops shooting at him and just sort of stands there he'll probably die. The problem is that he's going to appear seemingly out of nowhere, massacre a bunch of people while dodging every shot that comes his way, and then disappear again.
Think about how terrorists with even minimal training can give the authorities the slip, potentially for days at a time. Now remember that the Eversor literally has super powers. Aside from luck, the best way to deal with an Eversor is to hit the area he appears in with artillery.

Don't Eversors wear power armor or something like that? That means they could take on autocannons and more than likely survive.

Either way, they're sanic fast, so good luck actually hitting him, let alone have enough time to aim or track him with any sort of weapon, manually or otherwise.

Pragmatically I should say.

I don't doubt that any soldier worthy of his uniform would be honoured to die in defense of his nation. Just that a sufficiently ruthless commander in full possession of all the facts might make a choice to save civilian lives instead.

I honestly can't imagine that would happen in modern day America. On an Imperial world with the possibility that PDF and local military would have divided loyalty it could be a different story

>200mm
user, unless you're talking artillery, the largest tank gun ever made was the British 186mm, iirc.

Even in 3rd Ed, they could sometimes be recovered after a mission.

It's just pretty likely that they'd die, because they're sent into the most ridiculous circumstances, and designed to ignore grievous injury of it means a sure kill. Eversors can and do just kill their mark and get the fuck out to wherever their extraction point is, they just have a 50/50 chance of dying in the process of completing their mission.

he kills anyone he can find. if the leadership is in session, everyone present gets reduced to salsa. VIPs with preplanned escape routes can probably dodge long enough to avoid the slaughter, assuming the eversor doesn't have constant intel support.

regular security services are woefully underequipped to deal with this kind of fast-moving threat, but attrition will eventually get him.

>Don't Eversors wear power armor or something like that?

No. They literally have zero armour. Look at No armour save. Just the 4++ they get from Lightning Reflexes.

That said, they're still insanely hard to hit. Artillery or carpet bombing, or just so much fire that they literally cannot go anywhere without being hit, would be required to bring one down. And they're so tenacious that unless you literally riddle them with bullets or blast them apart, they WILL get up and attempt to resume their mission.

RUSSIAN OPERATIVE TURNS HACKING THREATS INTO REALITY - Washington Post

Blame it on russian hackers
Blame it on white supremacists
Lament that this will lead to an increase in hate crimes against groups with a predilection to violently explode