Warhammer 40k General

Ordo Xeno is the best Ordo edition

Previous thread
>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>As current as the FAQs get
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Insert Eldar memes here):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12010635
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Zoats.

Threadly reminder than 8th will only be "rules tweaks"

enjoy the next 3 years of clusterfuck

Going to be up against 1850pts of Death Guard this week. How do I look?

Nth for Sisters of Cattle

More Wyverns, less HWTs. You need to force assloads of saves.

>Sisters of Cattle
I might have a doujin, just for you...

Alright I've narrowed it down.

Should I read the Badab War series or Shield of Baal stuff?

>according to rumors
>Cadia legit falls

You guys have any idea how fucked the Imperium is?

In the "Eye of Terror" campaign, the Cadian Gate was breached and Cadia was raped by a foothold of Chaos on it. Cadia was isolated and was only saved when the Imperial fleet took control of the system travel lanes which prevented Chaos reinforcements from overwhelming Cadia. And the text said that traitors were flowing through the breach to invade Segmentum and the wider Imperium. Nothing stopping them now. It was said that Cadia was the only hope left for mankind. If it falls, all hope is lost and Abaddon will truly be unstoppable.

Now Cadia in the new fluff has fallen (assuming the rumors are correct). The Imperium is finished. How does Veeky Forums think about that?

Another important question. Where the heck is CREED in all of this? He is mysterious absent from the whole Cadian affair.

Ultramarines supplement when?

Do you like Necrons and Tyranids with marines thrown in the middle of them, or do you like a marine vs marine slugfest?

I still think GW is going to stop the clock with Chaos swarming the Imperium and Abaddon on the way to Terra but not there yet as the Imperium sets up defenses to stop his advance.

Creed will probably be briefed on the existence of the Webway at which point the combined might of Admech+Custodes+Inquisition+SoB+Black Templars+Eldar+Dark Eldar+Harlequins(+Farsight?) will make magical bullshit happen throughout the End Times.

How to covert inquisitorial henchmen that don't look like hobos or cadians?

Wait what?

use Kingdom Death figures?

>suggesting miniatures that you can't safely post on a christian image board

What do you hope to see from the story progression?

What primarchs do you think are coming back?

Angron, he had rules in the original Apocalypse so its very likely he'll get a model sooner than later.

I hope for Dorn to get a model too but Im not holding my breath.

Girlyman is dead
Ferrus is dead
According to the Changeling message to the woofs, Russ is dead
Khan is MIA
Vulkan might be MIA or died fighting the Beast
"Literally who" is MIA
Lion is sleeping on the Rock and will be awakened when the time is right

Only the Lion is a sure bet.

>Celestine's visions guide Black Templars into the Webway
>Admech guides Custodes into the Webway
>Dark Eldar consorting with Imperium in the Webway
>Harlequins monitoring everyone in the Webway
>Farsight likely to be guided by his demonic sword into the Webway

Either the biggest car pileup in galactic history is about to occur or the biggest team up since the Avengers.

If Dark Eldar tech can fix the Golden Throne, it can enhance Guilliman's stasis tomb and complete his regeneration.

why would they do that though?

Played a pretty fun game against Death Guard thread. It was a 2000 Pt Guard vs Guard matchup. Any game pics you guys have to share as well?
I love seeing what everyone else is up to.

What about my main man corvax?

For the same reasons they would help fix the Golden Throne - because they will need to call in favors once their door breaks open.

is that drunk guardsmen in every pic? kek

I want to see the black crusade succeed, but having be more successful than anticipated. Such destruction ushers in the warp to flow through the eye and consume the galaxy, and the energies throughout create a new god - The Emperor.

With the galaxy consumed by the immaterium, the Emperor creates eight bubbles of realspace within the immaterium - each the size of a planet.

The emperor will use the energies of the warp to forge new bodies for the fiercest and most faithful of warriors. They fight in new wars, with new alliances and factions. The factions roughly divide into the following: Imperium, Chaos, Destructive Xenos (orks, nids), Deadly Xenos (Tau, Necrons, Eldar)

I'd rather fight Chaos drunk than sober too user.
Then I won't be shy in case of sexy Daemonettes

I don't think GW can resist sculpting Rogal Dorn with a huge prosthetic power fist.

>Girlyman is dead
Mostly dead and getting better.
>Ferrus is dead
Definately
>According to the Changeling message to the woofs, Russ is dead
>I wouldn't believe a daemon of Tzeentch
>Khan is MIA
Supposedly a gladiator in the arenas of Commorragh.
>Vulkan might be MIA or died fighting the Beast
Vulkan Lives
>"Literally who" is MIA
Nevermore.
>Lion is sleeping on the Rock and will be awakened when the time is right
I could see Sleeping Beauty, Rowboat, Vulkan, and Dorn making an appearance. I thought Russ would've shown but I think that ship sailed with War Zone Fenris.

>Celestine's visions guide Black Templars into the Webway

Where did you get that from?

But Dorn would be missing a hand, and his favorite weapon was his trusty chainsword. If anything, he would be like Space Marine Guts wielding a fuckhuge eviscerator won from a duel with a Greater Daemon of Khorne.

Corvax? Who that?

Sup tg,
So I got a Death Company Strike Force box set -- three DC squads, one jump Chaplain, one Dread -- for Christmas (Sanguilana?) and while the models look kickass, I'm at a loss for how to paint and field them because I play Dark Angels

What's my best option here? Straight-up Blood Angels allies? Mix Dark and Blood bits and go counts-as? Something else I'm not thinking of?

inb4 "what kind of Dark Angels?" Mostly Greenwing with Ravenwing, and a spattering of DW that could form two squads if I used my best models

Turn the DC into sternguard or just sell it.

This was from about 2 weeks ago at my local gdubbs.
I ran 100 cons because why the fuck not???

That and I wanted to give my friend a win with his new models. I wasnt up for throwing my best in there.

He ran dark angels with their special terminators and bikes.

Also, all models are wip.

Vulkan LIVES.

Birdman fucked off. He'll have to come home to roost, though.

Iron Man can conceivably come back. Snakeboy keeps cloning him to try and convince him that chaos wasn't a mistake, but Iron Man never agrees because the lower half of Fulgrim's body is a snake's, so Fulgrim kills him and repeats the process.

I bet someone's going to manage to corner Russ so they can check his tags and contact the Space Wolves so they pick him up at the shelter.

>dark angel upgrade bits with a death company kit
madness... but also awesome

death company have relentless, so bolters on them are actually pretty good. Gives them more range and on the charge trades one s5 ap- attack that probably hits on a 4+ for two s4 ap5 attacks that hit on a 3+

Can vulkan even die?

Kroot openly rebel against the Tau Empire, sabotaging key military targets and plunging the fishheads into civil war with their alien underlings. During the war, the kroot highjack large amounts of tau tech, and their shapers begin seeking out and devouring every ethereal they can get their hands on, giving them the pheromone control that keeps the various castes in line. Vespid leader command helmets are disabled, and the bugs go apeshit once they find out what happened.

Somewhere in all the chaos, they finally reveal what's really being worked on in that secret mountain-based production facility on Pech that's been hinted at in previous codices. It turns out to be reverse-engineered exterminatus-capable warspheres.

Necrons arrive to provide assistance to the kroot, having helped to engineer the coup. It's revealed that the tau are in fact a bio-engineered race created by the eldar, utilizing preserved necrontyr DNA.

i would play a kroot mini faction.

Yes, Vulkan can die. He does so a lot, apparently.

He gets better, though.

There is an old semi-legit dex for them

>Snakeboy keeps cloning him to try and convince him that chaos wasn't a mistake,

Not anymore. Fabius blew up his lab on Terra in disgust and regret over what his legion and traitor legions have become. This is one of the reasons why Fulgrim is mad at Fabius.

And Any genetic material of the primarchs was lost with Canticle City being wrecked by Khayon at the behest of Abaddon.

>Its a BL-fag joins a fluff discussion episode
Shame.

I really wish they'd update it for a newer edition. It wasn't competitive but was fun as hell.

>uses BL fluff
>get mad when other folks use BL fluff to ruin his headcanon

Alright, show me where it's said that Fabius was cloning Ferrus for the amusement of Fulgrim in the old IA. I'll wait.

Is synapse a good or a bad thing? Its fluffy as hell but it seems that it forces tax synapse units for an army.

Hey thread I have a question for you all. How are you supposed to use Demolishers?
I have a squadron of them I use for vehicle killing and for the odd time I get the Guard warlord trait that let's you outflank like in pic related.
But they always seem to die before they can make their points back. Is there a strategy for using them?

Its a good thing though it could be improved, like Hive Tyrants/Swarmlord synapse giving EW and removing the "kill each other" instinctive behaviour and replace it with just falling back or pinned.

QUESTION:

I've seen announced that GW plans on selling a reedited version of og Rogue Trader starting today I think. Can anybody give me more info about this including where I could get my hands on it?
Thanks.

primarch of the best legion, raven guard. he didnt die, he left to go hunting in the eye of terror i think

Since you were probably taking Flyrants and Tervigons anyway, it's not really a tax issue from what I've seen

hey friendlies, those marines that come in that set with the drop pods that are released on the 7th, will jetpacks fit on those? im assuming that he assault marines and tactical marines are the same, just with different weapons and backpacks on the sprues?

i actually dont like Flyrants

It won't look good. The torsos for assault marines are different; they have straps for the jump pack.

Right now? It's basically a punishment you don't really get anything of note in return for. If the troops were cheaper, or the synapse actually did more than just fearless it would be great. But the major issue is that instinctive behavior is just too punishing for what you get.

4th edition synapse was right around what it needed to be, warriors with EW were actually pretty awesome.

Green Tide:
The sheer weight and strength of an ork horde's initial charge has been known to break the spirit's and bodies of armies.

>If a unit consisting entirely of models with 'Ere we go charges, they gain the Hammer of Wrath Special rule.
>In addition, hammer of wrath attacks benefit from the +1 strength given by furious charge, a unit equipped with 'eavy armour ads +1 strength to their Hammer of Wrath attacks, and a unit with a warboss ads +1 strength to their hammer of wrath attacks
>all models within 2 inches of a model in base contact with the green tide rule may conduct a hammer of wrath attack.

Would basically attacking twice at S5 help orks at all?

ah, i see that now, thanks

>Girlyman is dead
Panacea STC
>Ferrus is dead
Stand form
>According to the Changeling message to the woofs, Russ is dead
>Believing a demon of Tzeench
>ever
What's wrong with you?
>Khan is MIA
Webway is worst than any labyrinth ever conceived
>Vulkan might be MIA or died fighting the Beast
>Vulkan
>dying
VULKAN LIVES!!!
>"Literally who" is MIA
he's writing emo poems somewhere dark and hidden
>Lion is sleeping on the Rock and will be awakened when the time is right
Nobody cares about the Lion.

Because dying by Slaneesh is not appealing and they can cut off Commoragh from the rest of the webway and avoid imperials

the Panacea Perverted you mean?
Thanks DE

For alpha legion is it best to go infiltrating chosen or chaos marine squads? Plasma or melta? Or is a healthy mix best (of course not in the same squad)

Chosen infiltrating
Rhino Chaos Marines

>I bet someone's going to manage to corner Russ so they can check his tags and contact the Space Wolves so they pick him up at the shelter
Fucking kek

Why not infiltrate everyone?

Infiltrate several 20 man squads of marines, no one will expect getting fucking swarmed by marines.

Infiltrating big ol chaos space marine squads is a bad idea, plus more objective secured is good

I miss when chosen had infiltrate without needing a crutch supplement

and to think people though CSM 4th ed was bad! Clearly at the time nobody expected the 6th ed codex...

Lady Malys still posess the original STC template accumulating dust in her trophy room.

For tau players, how much do you guys usually spend on crisis teams? I just started playing and there are so many options for xv8s I dont know whats good and what to use

>the Black Templar plus -I- pic is showing them on a moon called Klasius and trying to get *away* from Abaddon': forces. "Their deliverance comes from an unexpected direction..."
>Spoiler from the sales blurb of Fall of Cadia, which is described as the first in "a new series": Cadia falls DURING this book
>Jes Bickham is the dude responsible for "the Gathering Storm project". At the end of the article he says "the End Times (well, die Endzeit) have only just begun"..
>Primarchs and C'tan minis are a go, I guess. Steve Buddle did Cawl and the Inquisitor and Brian Nelson did Celestine.

You're still trying to force that shitty meme?

can someone recommend me a good epub/mobi reader for android tablets? having to carry 4 books for a single army just for a game becomes a burden after a while.

I disagree. Cover Ignoring Lascannon squads are good. Especially if you have an IA Astropath allied in with Prescience.

Alpha legion chosen do also get obj secured as they are troops as well.

Yeah I miss that too. But in 3.5ed any chaos marines unit could infiltrate. Dawn of War was based on that. Remember the chosen limits? No more than 10 per thousand points?

Do go on

I did up a guide to Dettol stripping a while back. Works extremely well.

strawpoll.me/12010635

B-but math makes the game slow.

Of course, actually including it would be good.

delet this

Do you guys enjoy longer games or shorter games. Personally i would value a longer game more as i spent so much time painting an assembling my models that a shorter game makes me feel like i have wasted my time.

Muh steamlining.

when games go longer than four hours it really gets tiring.

40k is not well suited for short games. There is too much book keeping and too many things to look up and reference. 90 minutes is about the perfect length of game I think, but your average 1850 game will take closer to 150-180 minutes

You can try adding them to an Emp's Fist. Back them up by 3 longer ranged tanks. The idea here is that now the enemy must pick the lowest of two vehicle damage rolls, and you can repair/fire while shaken. BS4 is also nice, being the point where a large blast weapon become statistically more likely to hit a single model than a non-blast weapon.

You'll want to do everything in your power to get cover saves, since vehicle's 2nd greatest weakness is instead of getting an armor save they have higher equivalent toughness.

2 might be 1 too many. Being a blast weapon it seems like it was designed to kill terminators and equivalent heavy infantry. If your targeting space marines with a Demolisher you're basically wasting 30 points because a Battle Tank Would do just as well. Also don't forget you roll 2 dice and pick highest for ordanance penetration rolls!

That's all I got.

I prefer games that end t6 rather than t3.
Domination victory just feels hollow.

How was your most recent game?
Did it end in your favor?
Any fun things in it happen?

I recently played against Corsairs, on the Deadlock Maelstrom mission. We called it on the bottom of his Turn 3, due to my Stormhawk Interceptor wing arriving. I would have had a good chance of getting 4 objectives that one turn, putting me 8-5.

We both enjoyed the game, but his dice did not like him that day.

Where can I download the Burning of Prospero painting guide?

I played an eternal war mission against myself a while back because I have no friends and the only 40k club is far away.

I lost.

A chaos lord lost a challenge to an inquisitor, disappointing everyone.

i played last week a 1500 game and what i found best is to infiltrate all and have 10 men chosen squad 4 with plasma and 5 men csm squads, and with every squad of space marine infiltrated to have at least one cultist quad infiltrated near at least, here is my list, sorry for my bad english im mexican :(

if cadia falls will they introduce a new standard IG design?

played a 1000 point tau (me) vs iron warriors spoils of war maelstrom mission.
he ran terminator annihilation force with an ml 3 psyker. His 2 ranged termi sqauds had an autocannon each and each had 2 power weapons while the melee sqauds were equipped with a power weapon for each model. He cheated several times in the game by assuming that his models were in range when in fact they were not. Also are combi bolters rapid fire since he was treating them as assault 2? He also cheated by not scattering his deep strike properly stating that minimum distance was always put him just off landing in ruins. I was running a ghostkeel without arms since I was waiting for magnets to magnetise weapons. After already shooting one turn with hit tried to claim wysiwyg and argued that I couldn't shoot anymore since I didn't have weapons on him. Ended up tying as I got objective points while he got kill points. worst part was the manager banned forgeworld so I couldn't run my remora drones and my barracuda ax-5-2 or my xv84 for a 1500 points game, as apparently people were sick of playing against some other guy's leviathan dreadnoughts and got all FW banned. store owner also has primarchs and supremacy armour on display from FW, kek for hypocracy.
How was it?
Shit
Did it end in my favour?
Tie
Any fun things happen?
My broadside survived 3 shooting attacks from his ranged termies and died on the fourth one. Was accused of cheating as I passed 2+ saves over and over. Also, onager gauntlet commander instant deathed a termie which was great, was also the kill point needed to tie the game as he was winning. Overall, terrible and never returning to that store, also I think he was autistic, but that's not an excuse.

Sounds better than my game
see

combibolters are twin linked rapid fire, but terminators have relentless

he was firing 2 shots at all ranges, so he was cheating?

>Kroot openly rebel against the Tau Empire,

The Kroot gain nothing from attacking the Tau. The Tau do nothing to inhibit Kroot activities, freedoms, or culture.

The Tau in fact rescued the Kroot home planet not once BUT 4 separate TIMES.

Why the fuck would the honour based Kroot betray the Tau who have been nothing been but allies and friends to them?

This literally racist logic at work.

Anyone here fight custodes yet?

I didn't play him, but I saw a guy at a local tourney get really far with them.

>he was firing 2 shots at all ranges, so he was cheating?
yes he was

>claiming a ghostkeel can't shoot because the model has no arms
is it even possible for a ghostkeel to have no weapons? I mean, shame on you for not finishing your models, but that guy sounds like a tool

>power weapons for each model
that is actually the default loadout for CSM terminators. You have to pay more for the powerfists.