Warhammer 40,000 General /wh40k/

"List tailoring is for assholes" edition

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>As current as the FAQs get
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Insert Eldar memes here):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

List tailor this

There's nothing wrong with list tailoring. People who complain instead of tailoring themselves and presenting a good fun challenge to you are fags.

>"List tailoring is for assholes" edition

It literally isn't though. With the sort of extreme armies people can create nowadays, and the worse-than-ever levels of balance between codexes, you can't really create a list that can reasonably handle anything your opponent puts down. The only way to get a good game these days is if both players know roughly what sort of army they'll be facing in advance, and can both tailor appropriately.

Nth for Sisters of Cattle

4th for the Dark City!

nth for plastic Great Unclean One when

You mean Veeky Forums sisters?

Outpaced and outclaimed by an obese monkeigh. The archon is not amused. Last I saw he was speaking with the haemonculus about you.

After plastic Squiggoths and true scale Ghaz.

Stop feeding the chubby chasers, man. Just ignore them.

>dat neck and body/face ratio
lol nice try your waifu is a literal cow
i guess she was sainted in an indian colony lmao

I just wanted to post the image again user

Nope, they're fat. Such a disappointment.

HAES!

Fucking shit lords

And brought another shitstorm with it.

The Sister of Silence models are garbage. They're just female Kabalite Warriors tweaked in the CAD machine. Look at the arms and legs - the design of the armour is almost identical.

At least they don't have FUPA's, like the new Sisters of Cattle do.

MOOOOOOOOOO

There's literally two models out that look fat and they're specially sculpted to go with Celestine.
Stop stirring shit and wait for the actual SoB models to come out before crying wolf you manchild retard.

>Stop stirring shit
I doubt he cares about the models. The shit stirring is the point.

Show me what you've been playing Veeky Forums. I played against a pretty cool Death Guard army yesterday (and for the record I think the yellow stuff on them is pus or mucus). And managed to pull a victory out for the Guard. I got some more pics if you want me to dump them but share your pics too anons.

Ah, so you admit that they look fat. Good.

Here's a silhouette of the new Sisters of Cattle so everyone else can admit it too.

Why is the trim of your base silver?

Maybe?

Rhinos are Repressors. Retribution go inside the Bastion with Vyridian.

does any one have a proper pdf of the planateray onslught book the epub has errors in it and wont load right needs a reupp or a pdf version of it.

i've seen people use the Glotkin, though they're more the size of the daemon lord

They are not fat, and even if they'd be, who the fuck cares.

Not really. You just have to have a variety of units to handle different situations. Instead of spamming one type of unit you need to make sure you have a way to deal with all threats.
Flyers are the exception to this and if your opponent brings one.in my opinion It's fine to list tailor

Dumb question. Do buildngs have hull points or can they only be destroyed with a Pen on the building damage chart of a 6+

Landwhale apologists are the worst.

MOOOOOOOOOO

>mfw anti-Sisterfags are so butthurt about the Sororitas getting new models they have to start baiting about the quality of those models to hide their tears

I think it fit with how most of my army is mechanised. And since it was Martian Ironcrust on the bases I felt it just contrasted nicely.

>T. NoLife McCheetosDust

Go back to your edgelord marines.

Didnt you post these last thread?

It's one dude that shits up the place.

Bringing an appropriate Inquisitor against a demon, heretic, or xenos force is list tailoring and you should be ashamed.

>You just have to have a variety of units to handle different situations.

Explain how a take-all-comers lists could handle, say, an entire army of Knights, footslogging Ork Boyz spam, a Tau gunline, and Dark Eldar MSU splinter hell. Taking a wide variety of units reduces your ability to effectively handle specific threats, leaving you vulnerable to extremely slanted lists.

I would've bought some, if they didn't have muffin tops.

>inb4 "Sister fags are so desperate for new models they'll defend these hideous fat-asses."

He post's his to get other user to post thier armies. He's doing a good service

Yeah I just like using some of the pics I have to get others to post about their games and armies. That and I really love that picture in particular. I took some more if anyone wants me to dump them.

Honestly I can't remember. Looking at Stronghold assault, this things don't have Hull Points.

Also Battlements make reference to upper floors of ruins... Something 7th is missing.

Damn it, can anyone explain or at least point me in the right direction for the rules to this shits.

>posts we wuz kangs an shit

May I ask what program is this. I have seen you anons use it for weeks now but I didn't want to ask and look like an idiot.

Was meant for .

New SoB are so fat that I click by accident

>look like an idiot.
Too late. Read the OP.

My GSC list can rape all of these without a single alteration :^)

user stop.

Why do people never read the OP?

>I think it fit with how most of my army is mechanised. And since it was Martian Ironcrust on the bases I felt it just contrasted nicely.

>webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator
Is this what you are talking about?
my stupidity has broke the internet because all I am getting is 503 service unavailable page.

Coateaz attached to 4 infantry squads with mortars? Could that theoretically bombard any unit coming in from anywhere on the table?

What do you guys think of this BT Initiate I painted?

It would be taking a balanced list to fight all of your opponents. Like having a Thunderfire cannon in your list to deal with infantry swarms,Devestators with plasma and lascannons to take out vehicles and maybe a few Tac squads with melta guns to deal with enemy infantry and vehicles when they get close. That's what I meant by fielding a variety of units become some units are better than others at different things.

Because they make the assumption it hasn't changed since the last time they've read it. This army list app is relatively new.

It looks amazing user but kinda hard to see it all at once.

Is that Mark 2 or 3 user? And it looks nice how many points of BT do you have?

i think it's cool even though i think the bt colour scheme is boring

Coteaz is limited by 12". Not even of his unit, of Coteaz himself.

Which is a shame, because otherwise you could stick in a squad of Medusa Siege Cannons and one-shot any unit of anything that tried to deep strike anywhere.

Looking pretty nice user. However when doing white you don't wanna just start with pure white and call it a day. Start with an off white and use pure white as highlights

Looks hungry. Needs some pie.

Looks like fun user, I wouldn't even tailor my list to play it though, because that's not nice to do.

No, they have to come in within 12" of him.

Also I would just lock that turn 1 during deployment and his rule would never trigger.

Working fine for me at the moment. Odd.

>mortars
>doing anything
user...

Scheme for the Veritian Fortunates.

Thoughts on it? Their name?

Fluff is they come from Veritia, a barren mining world bathed in radiation. They got the name because they get picked from the PDF via random lottery, and get to leave the shitty planet behind.

Their motto is "Luck is always on our side."

That's what I did. I used Ulthuan gray.

Mk. 3 from the Prospero box set. I ahve about 1500 points of Templars, give or take a hundred or so points. I run Templars + Skitarii, with large Crusader squads (either LRC or footslogging) doing the CQC work and Skitarii bringing ranged fire support.

Posted another pic, will post more.

>not taking a second inquisitor with servo-skulls

Air cavalry to counter this
/tailored

30k Ordo Reductor can actually pull that off. With Minotaurs, Baneblades and Ordinatii, if you really want to overkill something. They have little servo-skull things that grant interceptor to friendlys within 3", and lower enemy cover within 12".

The squats will never die.

Right side.

>tfw no recent games
>no games means no motivation to paint and build because they'll never see the light of day
Da boyz are restless...

Maybe il finally look in to that Facebook thing but I'm afraid it will end up a Veeky Forums horror story.

Servo skulls don't affect CA.

>Moldlines EVERYWHERE

I agree about the Flyer part. If they didn't make Hydras so useless against non-Flyers, I wouldn't be so annoyed by them.

There are no servo-skulls in Imperial Agents, and good luck finding a player who's going to let you use an out of date rulebook that doesn't have a hardcopy now that IA is in print just to use a single cheesy piece of wargear that probably doesn't even actually work.

I always appreciate you posting more pictures GGA. You're like my big brother who I want to be like. I'm so excited to have my army painted soon so I can take pictures of games too.

Non recent games, sadly. The last game I played was the pic on the unpainted GW terrain.

>good luck finding a player who's going to let you use an out of date rulebook

Not out of date, GW said so.

You can also accept that every list has a weakness, and no, you can't expect to cover for it.
I'd rather have an army that is strong against 2 of the examples, even with 1, weak to 1, instead of being strong against 2, weak against 2.

Good thing you can't see them from three feet up among 7 other guys in terrain that'll probably be removed turn 2 : ^)

Rear view.

I use a watered down Rhinox hide to recess shade black; it adds a cool weathered effect that suits the Templars. For edge highlighting black, I use a graphite pencil. I'm not looking to win any competitions for my painting.

Hey accidentally replied to someone else, here's the answer to your question:

Mk. 3 from the Prospero box set. I have about 1500 points of Templars, give or take a hundred or so points. I run Templars + Skitarii, with large Crusader squads (either LRC or footslogging) doing the CQC work and Skitarii bringing ranged fire support.

>out of date
Nice meme my friend but it's wrong.

IA isn't a codex and thus doesn't replace the codexes of the factions included.

As others said, you can use either. Inquisition PDF is still being sold online so it's still in use.

I use it to field Karamazov so he can bombard my Conscripts in close combat every turn.

My best friend got me mortar teams for Xmas. He means well and I have to use them now.

>large Crusader squads (either LRC or footslogging) doing the CQC work

muh dick

user, you just keep on truckin'. People playing purely to fluff like that are the best kind of people.

I just looked in the core and a small building has 3 HP medium building has 4 HP and a large building has 5HP

Dumping for you user.

Thoughts on Dr. Zoidbork's Codex: Orks Rewrite?

It's been in the OP for over a month now.

Is this a decent Guard army? It is what I normally run at my flgs and it has had mixed results. If I play kill points I lose; if I play objectives I win 50% of the time.

Any suggestions?

Funny cause it says "Codex" right there on the cover. Not supplement.

It only doesn't replace Grey Knights and Deathwatch which have their own current books in print. I won't accept games using defunct digital-only books.

>Supplement has factions in them
>Factions codex are out of date because they are inside a Supplement

I know the IA sucked and you want to get rid of the idiotic triple rip Tide jetbikes with a single inquisitor with no upgrade but servo skulls.

Personally I think you should stop playing tournaments if you are bother by waacfags

Houserules/10