Why is Infinity terrible?

Why is infinity such a bad miniature game with the worse playerbase for a game

I get that the game as some pretty models but the rules seem to be lacking anything good to say other than some nice ideas but poor execution.

Because it would've worked better as a video game. It has too much stuff layered on top of each other that being a video game would've put lot of the bookeeping in the background

Because you touch yourself at night.

Unengaging lore. Yeah, thats pretty much it, at least for me. It feels a bit like 40k, execpt with all the grandeur and spectacle ripped out, and replaced with Scifi anime

>the game as some pretty models
It's all the same mecha shit that looks exactly the same everytime and the models are alwayspainted the same way: airbrush light points and hard edges, period. Fucking boring and uninspired, I just can't get how the fuck it became so popular.

The lore is great if CB didn't focus on table top so much

As another guy says as a video Infinity would be godlike.

The RPG is currently getting fucked as well

How fucked are we talking? I'm never gonna play the war game and I was hoping the RPG would crave my Infinity taste

Infinity in the form of nu xcom would be amazing

>Why is infinity such a bad miniature game with the worse playerbase for a game

Because it's not, and you're likely suffering from a bad case of cognitive bias due to loyalty to some other company.

>It's all the same mecha shit that looks exactly the same everytime

Yeah bruh, those fucking mechs mang, fuck anime it's all the same.

And What company would that be?

Fucking anime motherfuckers fucking everything up with their mechs, fucking japs amirite.

Bro wait till the CB shills from the general see this

I love infinity but our community is terrible

Mechs, fuuckf mechs fa.hd fucking all looks thsame.

MECSH.

If you think it's terrible OP, tell me why.

Personally I think it's the best skirmish wargame I've ever played.

Who knows? Does it matter?

Company loyalists will get booty blasted over the smallest things. For an in depth study into this, look at /co/, or AoS general.

Company loyalist get butt blasted if you don't use the correct models

Yes, I'm... sure they do? That is indeed probably one of the things they are inclined to be assflustered over.

Ariiadna best faction

Everyone else is shit t b h

The models look like shit and the rules are far too complex.

When I say the models look like shit I don't mean technically, they're well sculpted but they're just so fucking generic and boring.

Yeah i don't have any loyalty to anyone
It's just all the infinity fags i've met always think you're someone who eats up anything GW shits out.

I don't play 40k anymore i mostly play bolt action and team yankee and i'm always willing to try new stuff.

I once tried demoing some games and the infinity players always tried sabotaging it becuase it wasn't infinity.

also i don't like the online compulsory armybuilder builder eing the only way to find out the stats for your models.

Because all of our generals are circle jerks

Infinity is just were the best war game with the best company of lazy spics and best models

40k is just shitposting

I own armies for both games and I love both games.

Why can't we be awesome to eachother?

I really want to hear why OP (or anyone for that matter) thinks Infinity is really that bad? Because as it stands, OP's post can be used for every major miniature game right now
>Why is Warhammer such a bad miniature game with the worse playerbase for a game
>I get that the game as some pretty models but the rules seem to be lacking anything good to say other than some nice ideas but poor execution.
>Why is Warmahordes such a bad miniature game with the worse playerbase for a game
>I get that the game as some pretty models but the rules seem to be lacking anything good to say other than some nice ideas but poor execution.

I love this shit, I've been shitposting the infinity general for months but nobody replies to my baits. From now on I will create this threads just to troll fapfinifags

80s poster?

Mention 40k in the Infinity General and watch the yous come in

Because this is Veeky Forums

what is also annoying is how the fanbase really likes that one faggot with the horrible accent

We have to shitpost? No this is Veeky Forums we should clean our act up

We all enjoy the same hobby why does it matter if we use space marines,knights, or anime?

We're all the same and we're the reason table top games live if someone sees this shit they wouldn't even touch it if our communities are this bad.

>Infinity is just were the best war game with the best company of lazy spics and best models

Well, that's wrong.

Dropuniverse stuff is the best.

But Infinity is pretty high tier in terms of rules and sculpts.

>why does it matter if we use space marines,knights, or anime?

I love that any one of these three could be the Infinity reference of the bunch.

I'm glad i wasn't the only one except my first post there were legit critisims of the game

such as the game is acually very vacuous while the game looks complex on the surface it isn't really that difficult to get your head around.

in reality i've won several games by simply castling up in a corner an aoring the shit out of oppenents.

while assaulting carefully with a decent cc unit using smoke to dodge aors against bad cc units always failed.

the d20 while offering a wider roll band offer far too much randomness to be relied on while you waste order trying the same action multiple times which isn't fun.

Looks like shit.

A couple of those look good, nothing to be proud of. The rest are shit.

Generic soldiers.

Yes, mecha shit.

Were you trying to prove something? Congratulations, you failed.

>in reality i've won several games by simply castling up in a corner an aoring the shit out of oppenents.

So you don't actually play with objectives? Y'know, the things the game is balanced around?

>no real criticism, just vague generalizations and buzzwords
>also doesn't know what the word 'mecha' means

Cyborgs aren't mechs you dumbass. You might as well try to tell me that Darth Vader is a mecha because he has computerized shit all over his chest and lots of plating.

Naffatun are about as generic as Scions. They look like semi-realistic soldiers, but their sculpts easily get across a sense of their purpose, differentiate them from the even more basic soldiers in the faction, and are extremely well made.

>objectives
Yes i do play those but still you ill castle up in one of your turns to set a good chain of aors to make getting objectives easier

>in reality i've won several games by simply castling up in a corner an aoring the shit out of oppenents.

You realize it's impossible to win a game this way due to how scoring works, right?

Either you're playing the game wrong or you're making shit up. I'm going to assume the latter.

Tell me about it. I play infinity, I like infinity, but the fanbase are the the biggest shills I've seen in miniatures gaming.

>Generic soldiers.

This is the dumbest criticism I hear constantly about this game. They'll use it to describe ANYTHING that isn't a dude in power armour or a huge alien dude or whatever, while wanking off the same shit as gritty and realistic when another tabletop does it.

The sheer anger these people have at Infinity for looking spectacular actually addles their brains.

killing your oppenents lt or specailists count as points if playing VADS

yes i haved played the game the game isn't as dynamic as you think.

And 40k

More info on why the RPG is fucked

I was planning on running a space western opera homebrew with it

But you're not going to kill anything if you just turtle up, the opponent can avoid LoS and win that way.

Alternatively they use an AoE weapon, or get behind you, or do one of a dozen other things that can counter that.

I've given it a go it's just the miniature game's core mechanics with some addtional bits without miniatures and you're just masturbating each other off

Don't be an idiot. If you literally never move it is retardedly easy to avoid ARO and just win via objective.

Even if you manage to cover all conventional access points with ARO lines by some miracle of awful table composition, there are still hundreds of ways to circumvent that. Infinity is a game about having options, and if your opponent doesn't being any of those options, they're frankly just total dogshit at the game.

Or you're lying, which is far more likely.

Stop playing against the potatoes user. It's not nice to beat up retards.

>Infinity is a game about having options
I choose a better game

It's good that you've gotten into Dropzone, user, that game needs support.

I didn't like dropzone either but at least the dropzone players are alright.

Prefered team yankee for that sor of game

I like the rules personally. They are better than 40K's at least. One thing I like is that terrain really does matter, more so than in most games. Though I do recognize that there are some problems.

cuz ur a fag lel

For all the people saying Infinity is shit, can you point me towards a better sci-fi skirmish scale wargame?

Comparing it to things like Dropzone is silly, the basis for the game is so different they're almost incomparable.

Okay here's a better question

Which table top communities better? Looking in mostly in 40k and infinitys generals.

By fucking god I know this is Veeky Forums but you people act just like if not worse than a video game fanbase

>plays bolt action
>has the gall to lecture anyone about bad rules

I've watched Bolt Action games. Literally just move forward and get lucky or unlucky dice rolls. No tactical depth that I can discern. Which is a shame, because I'd like a WW game on a lower scale than Flames of War.

Kill Team

Battletech is a comfy general

This shit is retarded.

The active phase of the game is insanely more powerful than the reactive phase. Smoke/MSV and Pitcher/Smart Missiles alone means you immediately lose to Nomads and ALEPH with HD+ if your primary strategy is any gun ARO castling strategy.

>A GW game
>Good rules

Ahahahahahaha, fuck, you got me. Amazing.

RL, I've only ever met shitheads in the Warhammer, Warmahordes, and M:tG communities. This may simply be because they're the largest, though, and therefore have the greatest chance of yielding total shit for brains asshats.

Every online community is toxic.

You haffin a giggle, m8? Unless you're talking about HoR, Killteam is just as shitty as 40k except it costs less to not have fun. The fact you didn't say Necromunda goes to prove you are, in fact, a faggot.

One that isn't on Veeky Forums. Faggot.

This entire thread is just bait.

Seriously, Infinity is a fantastic game.

Gates of antares

What if Infinity and table top games in general all suck and ruin the community on Veeky Forums

I've not played much Infinity, but this has been my experience. On paper ARO's seem like they might just lead to paralysis, but if you act decisively and position yourself carefully, you can mitigate the risk. Of course there's always the chance of a lucky crit, but it'd be too easy if things always went your way.

Is that actually a thing? I backed the first kickstarter ages ago but it failed.

Also, it's skirmish scale? They initially pitched it as army scale, 40k style.

Lying is a sin, user.

Didn't you watch The Witch? If you lie, your whole family will die and an ambiguously supernatural goat will fuck you in the woods forever.

Oh look at this generic anime robot weebshit

oh wait, people who say that are just retarded, and the game has a lot of diversity of design and modeling.

Malifaux

But user, that's just a generic soldier.

Which is okay when any other company does it, but not here.

Thankfully that's my fetish.

Most wargames players are pretty great in person. Being inviting is the only way to get people into the game. Assholes soon drive off players and the game dies off in an area. That asshole then shit posts on Veeky Forums.

>a better sci-fi skirmish scale wargame?
>sci-fi
>Malifaux

Come on.

Because this is a bait thread. Infinity playerbase isn't any different from those of other wargames.

If you're not bullshitting here then either you play against literal monkeys or the terrain density is fucked up. Scenic elements nigga, add some to the table.

Outside of colors infinity minis suffer very heavily for having no real faction aesthetic. Nor are combat roles really apparent beyond snipers.

It's more Victorian science fiction, but it certainly counts

>castling up in a corner an aoring the shit out of oppenents
And that's when you get Indirect fired or Guided to death as Hackers use various gimmicks to target lock you without LoS. Or it's when people use Smoke shut down firing lines in order to breach your lines, or use Smoke+MSV in order to force your ARO units to either die or dodge out of LoS in order to breach your line.

>assaulting carefully with a decent cc unit using smoke to dodge aors against bad cc units always failed
Yeah, turns out that knife-fights are fucking lethal. Who'd have thought? More often than not, you are much better off using cheap Martial Artists for suicidal stabbing sprees because you have a decent chance of killing more points than you are worth once you start knife-fighting.

A Teutonic will still more likely than not pulp the shit out of some random Grunt, but you are much better stacking modifiers if you want to play an assault-based army. A good example is a JSA Assault list focused around a Domaru link with Takeshi in charge. If you have an Oniwaban or better yet, Yojimbo laying down some smoke, you can approach without even needing to fire a shot, but otherwise you've got B5 Spitfire with an effective BS 15 helping to negate AROs and then once you get within 8 inches of a model, you can assault in with a full pack of Super Samurai, ending up making a B5 CC 24 (imposing a -3 penalty on your enemy), dealing Damage 18 AP+Explosive when you hit.

Necromunda

I've honestly never found this. The setting has an internally consistent asthetic but at the same time every faction is unique. They might not be unique purely from their silhouette, but the details of uniforms and armour for each faction are distinct if you know what to look for.

You weren't paying attention to it.
you activate units by randomly taking dice out of a bag it keeps the game flowing unpredictively yet you're always thinking what activate next and on activation could change the whole plan of the turn.
the big thing about bolt action isn't really about killing your enermy but pinning them making them take pinning tests if and getting them to fails as the more pin tokens on them the harder to pass.

if a unit has more pins than their total models at full strength they flee the field.

It's more of a steampunk-victorian-wild west-horror mix. Malifaux is many things but one thing it's not is sci-fi. Still a damn fine game though.

You can tell the difference between all of the factions from the other side of the room if you aren't retarded.

No, you need giant skulls to be unique. Or spikes and skulls. Or being 4 foot tall, 300 pound proportional fat soldiers in dresses with nazi hats.

I love it, but good fucking god it hasn't aged well.

It only counts when you completely ignore the context and intent of the original question. It's very clear what type of sci-fi is being referred to when we're talking about a game like Infinity.

Yes but you need to look for it. Design and information conveyance shouldn't be an easter egg hunt.

Mercs
Deadzone

Infinitycucks getting blown out

>also i don't like the online compulsory armybuilder builder eing the only way to find out the stats for your models.

But that's not true. You can buy physical copies if you want or you can download them through the PDF. The army builder is nothing but a boon.

Don't lie. Colors and TAGs are only thing you might make out across the room and I'm being fucking generous with that one

>generic mecha shit

not every unit is in the two books and i'm not even talking about things released after the books either

these are okay for basic minis, but are the first posted in thread

Now those both actually look interesting. Thanks!

Everything about that picture is generic.

I literally cannot tell this is even from a sci-fi setting.

Would you rather a game that instead doesn't have a free online army-builder with a build in rules compendium, share feature, and printing both your list and courtesy lists for your opponent?

Hell of a lot better than how 40k has switched to no longer even just having your rules in your Codex now that you've also got to go out and hunt the perfect PDF with the best detachment selections in order to play your army as well as it can be played. And since it's GW, God knows there's no easy and free online program from them that allows you get all of these resources at the same place.

Table top was a mistake

No you don't, stop being stupid. Minis just need clarity in capability and allegiance, without violating setting's theme

That's because it's from Ariadna, a planet literally defined as being anachronistically lower tech than the rest of the setting.

So your reaction actually proves the design conveyed what they meant it to.

Yeah, Deadzone is pretty great but I'd also potentially say just hold off and play Warpath: Firefight when it officially drops. Deadzone is great, but it has some quirks to the rules that I know a lot of people find a little hard to internalize, like moving in cubes and the way LoS works.

Warpath is the same companies equivalent for 40k essentially, with two different forms. The full on Warpath is basically 2000 pt and up, more along the lines of Apocalypse. They even recommend using unit trays for moving models because you're gonna be throwing down a fuckton. Warpath: Firefight has the exact same bones, but it built for smaller scales, along the lines of Kill Team up to 1500 pt games.