Just dumped my bags

Just dumped my bags.

Neither do the devs have any interest in creating value for investors (which isn't necessarily a bad thing),
nor do projects using the ARK SmartBridge give the ARK token any value. (since they have their own chain / fork of ark with their own delegates, interacting with the main chain in no shape or form)
I have come to the conclusion that ARK is a technologically great project, but that the ARK token in itself is not a good investment.
Investing in the ARK token is imo. like investing in an open source projects: Great if you want to support it, but fucking stupid if you're expecting any kind of returns.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/ArkEcosystem/comments/7je241/log_of_slack_talk_about_ark_smartbridge_and_arkvm/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How long have you been bagholding senpai?

been feeling the same way, they did an AMA on their slack and it sounds less and less like the actual Token will have value. It seems like they're creating a great ecosystem that won't actually need Ark. I have no idea what they're even doing anymore

Not long. I held since the """floor""" at 30k satoshi, 2 weeks ago.

I got very nice returns recently when I got in at $2.90 and it immediately jumped to $4.50, where I got off I was thinking of putting 25% of my portfolio into this and just hodling for half a year. I got the same sense as you, thought, that it wouldn't be a mooning token. However, it feels pretty safe, due to that technology and the team running it.

By contrast I can't even hold ChainLink right now without feeling like I'm fucking gambling because at this very moment the CEO could have legged it for all I might know. Now that's a risky coin, even if it has good potential.

>However, it feels pretty safe, due to that technology and the team running it.

It's a very solid project. I just feel like it's a bad investment.

Same OP starting to feel the same way. The thing is, the team is very good, but they have so much money now that they can basically go and deliver their “dream” without needing to show any regard for the price. Whether that means no marketing, or no VM on the mainchain, or building in any incentive for the price of Ark to rise with increased adoption. Some clarity on the way they are heading would be nice given it’s what, 7 months in now and worth $400 million.

same here. dumped my bags, feeling 10x better already

they just hired a PR firm but I still don't understand what the ARK coin will be used for based on their responses around ARKVM. Why make smart contracts that don't even need ARK? What's the point of the coin if you don't need to use it?

ITT pump chasers that got burned

been holding since 40 cents, it's only recently have I become concerned about the project

Nope, been holding since April. It’s been a comfy hold until now but there’s some big concerns popping up.

Delegates, you say?

Oh shit people are leaving the Ark? You know what happens. The faithful are always rewarded.

I am pretty sure that the Ark token will function like Gas does on the ethereum network. But unlike Ethereum, each smart contract will be deployed on a different push button deployable blockchain so it will not clog up the Ark mainnet (think cryptokitties fiasco). The only transactions that occur on the mainnet from the push button deployable blockchains are the transactions related to paying transaction fees. As the ecosystem grows, the demand for transactions grows and therefore demand for Ark grows. That is the idea at least.

according to the AMA on the slack ARK isn't going to be used as gas though
so it seems to me that Ark is only going to be used as a incentive for delegates to keep running and to activate push button deployable blockchains and I'm not sure if that's enough

>I am pretty sure that the Ark token will function like Gas does on the ethereum network
Tell me how you think this is technologically feasible when the VM exists on a different chain and uses a different coin other than Ark?

I have no idea my understanding of these things is limited

I'm pretty sure the devs will find a useful role of the Ark coin.
Kinda retarded that they didn't think of it already.

Copying from a Reddit thread:
There's really no reason for it to go up right now. Once we get closer to ARKVM and Ark CORE v2 I'm sure we'll see some price action. You're probably checking the price everyday and it's stagnating in USD and losing Satoshis. It's understandably frustrating especially when you see some insane price action on other lesser tokens/coins.

I'd probably just lay off checking the price of the coin for a while if I were you if it's getting to you. It's not like we dropped down below the top 100 on CMC, we're still holding above top 40 pretty strongly. The valuation is pretty fair at the moment. If you intend this to be a long-term hold there's little to no reason to check the price constantly if it's stressing you out. Trust me, we're all a bit frustrated but our time will come.

Someone post the slack chat where they show they have no clue what ARK is supposed to be or how it's supposed to work.

Aaaand back to plebbit with you.
Ark is shit and you'll realize that sooner rather than later

Found it

reddit.com/r/ArkEcosystem/comments/7je241/log_of_slack_talk_about_ark_smartbridge_and_arkvm/

good advice. just like reddit held ETH from .15 all the way down to .03

Buy AION off ED and thank me within 3 months

Already working with loads of popular coins like metaverse/enigma/wanchain/ontario govt/moogs defense company

Not concerned about the dip, concerned that there might not be any reason to keep holding

see this is the shit that's making me worried, it seemed like before they were a good team that knew what they were doing, now it feels like they have some alright ideas but are just going with the flow and have no incentive to make the coin worth substantially more

Exactly. They dont have a solid plan. Theyre making it up as they go along.

Veeky Forums, the post.

Nobody is going to use ArkVM anyway
It will be the same as ERC20. Every single fucking coin made with it will be a scam

So why does anyone cares about ArkVM

They are good technology wise. Their marketing is an issue they need to work on. It seems like they might be open to having the main chain have a swaps only VM.

If it doesn't, we will launch our own sidechain and do an (((ICO))) for its token at a 1:1 ARK amount (and only accept ARK for the ICO), and then make that fork what everyone wanted ARK to be (that is, ARK + ArkVM for trustless decentralized swaps). Most of us bought for the token swap functionality (which is what smartbridge was even initially billed as), so we will make it happen if the devs don't.

At the moment though, I still have faith in them and they're not technologically inept, so we'll see.

>biz_classic ICO
What could possibly go wrong?

>exit scam

the devs seem fairly competent. Don't see why they wouldn't just add the decentralized swap function to the main chain.

Tether will have gone bankrupt by then and the whole industry tanked 75%
No1 will be interested
We can only withdraw 10k a week on coinbase. We need gains NOW.
If it moons in 3 months, its still going to take 10 weeks to get the money out of coinbase. thats almost 6 months away. The whole thing will be dead by then

That's what we tried to convince them to do during the slack chat. They know our concerns and the concerns of their buyers. I expect them to make good on it. I'm just stating that we have a backup plan.

Fx was talking about the benefits of a non-turing complete scripting language (similar to what bitcoin has) in an interview. If the main Ark chain had something like that for trustless swaps while the pushbutton deployed chains had the full turing complete ArkVM then it could work.

ark gave me a comfy ride from 0.40 to 4$ but I wish I had dumped my bags in september and get gains elsewhere.
I'm getting sick of being a deluded arkie

I sincerely think that the KRG will go straight for $ 100 +, an ROI that promises to be huge for the people who are buying it now

This entire thread is made up of shill teams trying to FUD Ark. it's absolutly remarkable that you fucks make money this way. I hope you all die in a fire. Get a fucking role model and real gainful employment.

I agree with this 100%

Shills kys

Feel like they'd way a delegates opinion more than anyone else.
Hopefully it works out.
Good to know I wont just become a bag holder with your back up plan.

you stupid faggots I want ARK to go to triple digits just like you do, doesn't mean that the AMA shown here doesn't make me nervous

weigh*

All this fud is making me want to buy some

Seriously they need a new whitepaper ASAP. You can’t expect others to buy in when delegates and long term holders are confused and unsure about what’s happening

Thay seem like thy don't know what they are doing right now is a good time to sell at 4.3 before it dumps at 3.5-4 again

This. You know shit's fucked when the coin's delegates are concerned too.

worst part is we're stuck in the dark right now, just wish they could clarify more