WIP - Painting/Converting/Sculpting General

Didn't see a new one and the other's autosaging. FOR THE EMPRAH
>Citadel Painting Guides:
mediafire.com/folder/drb4mezm6792i/not_citadel_nothing_to_see_here

>Paint range compatibility chart across manufacturers
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart

>Painting guides, Uniforms & Heraldry books, Painting Videos, Visions, ebooks and White Dwarves:
mega.co.nz#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ

>Painting Videos only
mega.nz/#F!fkcliY4L!mhdmIs2lT3mFG3VwoLO8Qw
mega.nz/#F!XEJSFDCL!9ZZKiLi6M_wguI1uTpyjPg
mega.co.nz/#F!WUsUlSLb!556OumKLhusFd9Fw5dBMdA

>DIY Lightbox
youtube.com/watch?v=OyxzC5kqbyw

>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>I am the hammer! I am the point of His spear! I am the mail about His fist! I am the bane of His foes!
youtube.com/watch?v=JjaYW5Cnr5k

>Previous Threads:

Other urls found in this thread:

taleofpainters.blogspot.de/2016/12/review-1289-kmoon-dual-action-airbrush.html?m=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Finally finished my chapter master. Just need to do some touchups.

For the guy last thread asking about fiends.
I bought seekers and put bits from the riders on them and greenstuffed tails or used chariot left over bits

Thanks a lot Brit user!

I ginally got home today, and I know how hard to get those models are. Especially the Chaos Hero.

I hope you had a wonderful christmas as well!

Here's a WIP shot of my first attempt at terrain building.

that's pretty decent user

Hello anons. I lurk. a lot. I posted long ago, then i stopped. but now I am back. I was a name fag, and you all hated my shit models. because they were. try to guess who I was before I finish posting my latest stuff.

Whoever you are crop and resize your damn pictures.

>was
You're still a fag and nobody gives a shit.

but how do I make cute Yoshi-Fiends of slaanesh

doing it now.

Man, buying figures off of eBay is like crack. They are a bitch to strip and clean lines of, but its so cheap.

I just got 30 guardsmen for like 50 bucks.

one of magnus' sos.

thanks user!

>limited games day exalted hero
>old dark angels company master

Oh sweet lord in heavens, if I ever found that in my mailbox

>namefagging

Just got green stuff for some modeling. Anyone have any tips?

I am playing a game here. just let me test your memory. so Have my ashen knight of the rhubric.
critique?

Show us the hitler painting!

details on the model? I've been away from 40k for a while, is that a thousand sons charter or a model from another game?

what. the. fuck? anyway, almost there. can you guess? any critisism?

From what I can tell, a modified forge fiend

It looks like the main body is from one of those big skeleton things from AoS with a forgefiend gun strapped on

Whatever it is, it looks pretty fucking neat.

It's the Marghasts Archai with the Forgefiend gatling gun.

*morghast archai

fuck my phone

>I am playing a game here. just let me test your memory

About to build a Hammerhead turret out of a few assorted kits.

Is a Fusion Collider a good enough substitute for an Ion Cannon? Roughly the same size, and it'd be mounted at the same height on my custom turret. Wouldn't be running it as anything but Ion.

Almost done! Just need to do some milliput fixings on the chestpiece and armpits to cover the plastic and repose the legs after I figure out a good pose.

I need feedback on the shoulderpads. Are they symmetrical? Proportional? I'll paint the Fire Caste badge on them.

It looks pretty cool but please, do something about the mold line on the gun.
kek

The right shoulder plate looks a bit more forward than the left, but that could be positioning and perspective.
I'd say maybe make them longer? But either way, good job user

They're not mold lines, they're just were the halves join but of course, plenty of cleaning left to do! Drilling those barrels too, momma raised me right.

yeah I see it, thank you. The way the right arm is posed interferes with the shoulderpad a bit. They reach from shoulder to elbow, but on the right arm, there's not enough shoulder so it clips into the backpiece making it look unrealistic which bugs the shit out of me.

I appreciate it, thank you!

those are some big guns

hello! it mas me! master of the Emperor's wisdom!

Resize your images before you post them.

No one cares who you are either.

It's a matter of perspective, really.

Go home Namefag, you're drunk.

Rather new to this shit, so dont expect a masterwork. Here is my maulerfiend

....was that a Hellsing Abridged reference?

Good model, some highlights will really make it pop

>namefagging
>posting shitty pictures of shitty models
>not resizing his shitty pictures

I don't know if it's bait, but if it is then it's a pretty damn good one.

1.I'd make those "fleshy bits" slightly less bright

2. highlighting the armour edges with a mix of red/orange paint would realy make it pop

3. the base looks a bit plain, but perhaps that was the idea

But other than that, it's a nice and clean paintjob user, keep on painting!

now an user again. game over. critique on my models?

Can't help it, Was a good one. Now to wait another YEAR!

an over reliance on washes makes them all look really dirty.

>attention whoring this hard

I'm new here and even I think you should go die in a fire.

Holy fucking hell, I actually got that right.

And yes, yes it was.

I don't think people really cared if you left for awhile and came back. You can settle down

Working on a Death Guard apothecary. Wanted to try something different to make him stand out, so I made the robe bit around his leg a filthy teal. Sorta like the gloves and operating gowns you might see a surgeon wear.

Sorry for the shit lighting and blurry photos.

Highlights are dirly needed as of now, but the brush control is good.

Don't forget to use a white background, not to use the flash as it ruins everything and crop your pics.

Here's the back.

Looks pretty nice from what I can tell from pic quality

Teal is the best colour, you made the right call.

It's good, the colour choice for the robe is a nice idea, and the flask is done well, keep it up.

That GS bracelet is awful and frankly there was no need for the flames, which don't match what's there. I can't tell why you've GSed his face.

You take that shitty GS off that sculpt or you go home.

That laurel from the command squad has never looked good on any helmet ever, get one of the helmets with a laurel built in. Your photo is too big and out of focus, and the paintjob looks like the washes are pooled all fucking over the surface, which looks like shit.

All of your photos need improvement.

Shit I really wish I participated in this, but I'm a mediocre painter and I don't really have any rare stuff either so I wouldn't know what to send.

but what about the models?

Your pictures are shit so I can't tell, wtf are you doing to his face?

Do we have a compilation of all the presents?

kill. your. fucking. self.

exactly. they are not parading.

Would you fucking morons quit giving the namefag attention? It'll make for a better thread. Thanks.

something useful. i already know to do that.

dirty was the wrong phrase sorry, I meant poorly executed sloppy mess.

Ill prepare one tomorow. Its over 50pics, though.

When Duncan paints a model on Warhammer TV, is it Tabletop quality or more close to Show quality?

I think his stuff looks great on YT, but I dont see him using any advanced techniques or even an airbrush or anything.

If you defend your shitty washed finish once more I will treat everything you post as bait.

If you have come back and want to learn, accept what everyone has told you.

Well-painted dirt doesn't look like that.
Real dirt doesn't look like that.

It is a finish on the models that looks like garbage and that is why everyone tells you this. It says "I am either incompetent or lazy" at a single glance to everyone who sees your models.

>That dude on the left
>Oh fuck, that flamer is pretty powerful!

It's like upper tier tabletop quality. He paints them very well, everything's neat and clean and good enough for box art, but it's not something that would place in a serious painting competition.

It's A+ execution of the upper end of tabletop. Tabletop quality covers a multitude of sins, and on the other end people field things that they paint for local or low-tier competitions.

The lack of advanced techniques is what makes me say that it can't be taken as display or show quality.

Have one more!

Thanks Singapore user!

Some user said "An 15$ airbrush,a 50$ harbor freight aircompressor adn 1/4 to 1/8 hose (8$) and a regulator/water trapcombo is less then a hundred m8"

Can someone here tell me what aircompressor he meant and what $15 airbrush he would have suggested?

i want to get airbrushing to make my models look just slightly better

Post your painting/modeling station.

I suppose that comes with the format innit? Unless he makes multiple videos on the same model he can't go into advanced techniques because there's no way to know how many videos the user has already seen.

Exactly. He did some more advanced stuff (a colour transition) on Nagash, but that was like a 4-part series.

It's weird but, it doesn't look exceptionally difficult. Is it just he has exceptionally steady hands and is extremely neat with his brushwork? I know he's amazing it's just I'm about to get started and I want to emulate him as closely as I can

Starting on my skinks

It may also be because GW has their "official" painting method (base, wash, highlight) that they try to use for almost everything. Most of Duncan's videos fall into this.

You'll never see him use an airbrush unless GW comes out with an official airbrush (spray gun not withstanding).

You're correct. A lot of it is just experience and practice. Once you get brush control and paint-to-thinner ratios down, the rest is much easier.

Anybody know of Not!Sisters of Battle plastic heads?

It's controlled movement of many types, knowing intuitively what colors combine well, how much paint to have on the brush,how much to apply. Etc.

Most types of art look easy when you watch a professional.

Sorry, helmets specifically.

a lot of their painting guides do use airbrushes though, just not duncans ones. mostly the 'eavy metal guides.

speaking of airbrushes..

Sisters are getting new minis you might wanna hold off user

Finishing up an Iron Warrior Leviathan, painted up surprisingly quickly compared to smaller models.

How should I represent a melta on a biker?

- leave the bolters on the bike and give a melta to the rider?
- replace one/both bolter(s) with melta(s)?
- do something(?) else?

Well, it's kinda shitty.

Actually, it's *really* shitty. And about 3mm too short.

But I have an Ion Hammerhead now. Yes, I know the engine intake is ugly.

Ok I'll take the bait, the fuck is going on with that magnifying glass?

I personally would replace the bike bolters with meltas, never liked the one-hand-on-the-wheel look.

taleofpainters.blogspot.de/2016/12/review-1289-kmoon-dual-action-airbrush.html?m=1

I ordered one of those. Dont know how good itll be, but for 20bucks ill try it. Paid 100 for a compressor, though.

I'm wondering just in case they don't actually get a new main box.

Brings back memories, the first model i remember ever painting.

Harbor Freight sells an airbrush compressor, I don't remember the price but it's pretty cheap. Mine broke within a few months.

Thx for the input. Both bolters for 2 meltas?

First timer here, I decided I might try and add a little highlighting and shading to my Ork Boy, after you guys suggested I should when I posted before. I think I might've used too much shade, though. What do you guys think?

This is what it looked like before, for reference.

I think the helmet would look nicer if it was a little darker, just a bit too gaudy looking for my taste.

Up to you, dont remember if the melts becomes twin-linked or not. If it does I'd go with two, if he keeps the twin-linked bolters and gains a melta then one of each.

maybe a little too much shade, but you can always just layer a green over it again. get some of the wash on that gun, too, and it'll look right proppa orky.