Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Timeline edition

When does your game take place?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

patreon.com/posts/patreon-changes-7650072
d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/throat-slicer-combat
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinkerton_(detective_agency)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/65144/of-dragons-and-yet-more-dragons
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/65297/the-pendragon-institute
tribality.com/2015/10/05/collection-of-dd-5e-player-build-guides/
enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?468622-A-Collection-of-Guides-A-Library-of-Character-Builds
zenithgames.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-comprehensive-pathfinder-guides.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

how do we fix grappling to not be such a boring piece of shit?

Shortly after my previous campaign, which means Triaxus is a still-molten wasteland.

Add even more complexity

What characters do you want to see in fluffygame?

What characters do you want to see in RotJR?

What characters do you want to see in dragongame?

>New DM for fluffy tale
>He still needs a month
>won't choose characters till the day before
What the shit

Whoops, thread ended as I posted. Reposting:

"Hey all, wanted to let anyone here who's a Patreon backer know that I've just put up a large post discussing the state of my patreon, as well as opened voting for January's project.

It can be found here:
patreon.com/posts/patreon-changes-7650072

The bottom has a link to the vote post for $5+ backers, as well.

Avowed 2 and 1 will be getting some more updates soon, and I hope everyone's been having a good 2017."

Add more interesting and useful riders than "pin until you can CdG them." Also, probably fix the math some.

Reflex save vs DC 10 + 1/2 BAB + strength, target is immobilized if they fail

No one.

Of the current characters, Casimir, Seht, Etan, Silvia, Anja, Amandia.

Oh, and I haven't looked at the dragon game.

You can coup de grace a pinned character?

How disappointing.

How do I Oberyn Martell in Pathfinder? 1pp only.

I dunno, Slams, Armbars, Leglocks, and Chokeholds that are actually chokeholds and don't take a gazillion years to subdue anyone over level 1.

-CON HP

Nope.

d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/throat-slicer-combat

Yes, with Throat Slicer

See Kraken style, immediately begins suffocation, 3 rounds to death

Is Leadership the best way to represent an NPC spouse, or is there a cheaper way to score the equivalent of a follower or a weak NPC, rather than a beefy cohort?

Lore Warden fighter with decent Charisma, Spear Dancing Style, and HP equal to negative constitution.

Would anyone here want to play a game where you are members of a private detective agency? Starting at level 3 in a metropolis+ (1.2 million population). People would come to you with cases you would investigate and solve. There would be political intrigue with the local blue bloods, bits with organized crime, and more as you see the movements in the great game.

The agency would be based off the Pinkerton Agency, otherwise known as the coolest shit ever.
>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinkerton_(detective_agency)

It would be a lot of strange crimes and investigations as you explore a vast city.

Setting would be modeled after the technology of the 1860s, electricity, trains, telegraphs, and all.

no, it's really stupid and a waste of a feat.

If your spouse was a beefy cohort then sure.

Sounds like it could be pretty interesting. Anything else you can tell us about the setting, or is it just purely hypothetical at this point?

Same thing we told you last time. Find a different game to play it in, but if you have to do it in Pathfinder then yes we'd be interested.

Groom, Light Bearer, Page, or Weapon Bearer from Ultimate Intrigue, Squire from Knights of the Inner Sea, or Torchbearer from Dungeoneer's Handbook each give you a specialized cohort starting at a lower level.

Recruits from Ultimate Intrigue gives you level/2 cohorts at a lower level that you can switch between.

We've been having a better 2017 than we did a 2016, but that's a very very low bar, on the "better pence than trump" level.

With another 362 days to go, could really go either way.

If you have a working investigation and social minigame, or you just want to run Fantasy The Untouchables, sure.

>A Fluffy Fairy Tale 2: Electric Boogaloo
>Audio / Visual Text Only
Why?

Who has the fanciest armor in the setting? I want to look *styling*

could you honestly imagine yourself playing in a kitsune game with people trying to awkwardly roleplay over mic

Because whether or not original fluffy tale user was a troll, an user who stole the concept to run it one month early is 100% a fag.

>edgelord armor
>stylish

That doesn't look stylish to me, too many spikes

What is the fundamental difference between awkwardly voice and text?

At least with text you can pretend the characters are cute girls and boys.

Dragon DM

Come join the fun with dragons.

Where you blunder through centuries of draconic intrigue, risk life and limb on esoteric treasures forgotten by time, and fight hard in Titanic battles as servants/children of Queen Lua Culdranth, True Heir of Tiamat, Master of the Arcane, Professional Lazy Bum.

I'm your host, and hope i take you on a wild ride. Its all casual. No need to bring your A game, just come with an entertaining character.

Now that the shilling is done, How's everyone this evening? Got any questions? Got any Answers?

Osirion! Osirion!

Have you seen what the Risen's armor looks like? Their weapons? It's all gilded, bronze-steel and lapis lazuli!

i guess it helps if i actually post the link.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/65144/of-dragons-and-yet-more-dragons

Well, if you don't like that, then the Eagle Knights might work.

Admittedly, most of the official art is more "greatcoat and dress uniform" than "armor", but the armor's pretty good too. Hope you like wing motifs.

Give us the skinny on Xelleria! How old is she, does she have any children?

Are there any sons of the Dragon Queen?

>Dragon Half
GJ.

Link to the game?

It's okay, though the pic makes it look sort of clunky. I'd hope they let you pick a different motif than scarab--get Mummies Alive! up in here.

A few, if the PC applications are any indication--though the better question would be "has she officially acknowledged any sons?"

>that list

care to expand on that any?

Pathfinder is harder to learn than 5e, but by god are there options.
How many times would you recommend I read the core rulebook before even looking at a character sheet?

Am I reading this correctly that Taninim with the Lung trait still get a fly speed from Dracomorphosis?

I can't wait to see how long it takes for this thread to turn into total degeneracy. /pfg/ - Perverted Fantasy General, right guys?

I've only been here for around two days and that sounds about right

Wake up. Go to class. Hunt monsters. Try not to die along the way.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/65297/the-pendragon-institute

Pendragon Institute GM here to answer any questions you guys might have on setting, rules, etc.

>Fluffy
fluffygame is kill

>RotJR
Mine, I hope. Onryou's had so much buildup that I kinda want to at least hear about her Shun-Goku-Satsu'ing a motherfucker even if I never hold her hand in the light of the fireworks.

>Dragon
Orin, 'cause he'd make a good foil for my application if I do get in, and would fill roughly the same role if I don't.

I'd recommend learning the old fashioned way, by grabbing a class, grabbing a race, and heckling someone for advice while you smash the two together.

There's a new fluffy game, two character applications last I checked

Xelleria is 17 years old. No she doesnt.

I can estimate that there are at least 100 sons of the Dragon queen. give or take twenty depending on character applications.

Note worthy ones include Mengkare.... i'm kidding.

We've got Mars Agathon, A knight errant in Brevory. By some freak accident, he was born very human save for his insides and unnaturally long life span. He's been kicking ass and having a good time for about 80 years now. Pic Related.

Just read the core mechanic, and pick something that sounds cool then bother /pfg/ for advice.

Pendragon DM! Pendragon DM! Is it true that Blake is best girl?

Like this?

tribality.com/2015/10/05/collection-of-dd-5e-player-build-guides/

enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?468622-A-Collection-of-Guides-A-Library-of-Character-Builds

Now look at these guides that I've just found!

Is there really? Hm.

>No she doesn't

Is she a tender maid unused to sharing her bed with men or women?

Well, I'm the annoying person who asks too many questions on dragongame, so I suppose I'll save posts there and ask stuff here.
Half-elf Croupier||Lore Oracle, good or bad?
Going for that sweet 20CHA and high enough STR to make maneuvers not suck so I can trip people like an asshole.

I actually really do like Tribality as a site, and I've never seen that before.
But uh, that's for 5e.

zenithgames.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-comprehensive-pathfinder-guides.html

Oh. How did I reading comprehension?
Have this then.

Danke, friendo.

>tfw I'll never have the skills to run an Osirion game

>not even a dungeon crawl in a single pyramid or something

Shitty kitty is an abusive girlfriend to Best Monky. Best girl is pic related.

Yes, they just fly via telekinesis rather than wings.

She's a teenage girl who likes boy bands and idols. (Read: Swashbucklers and Bards) Otherwise she can be considered a Cinnamon Bun.

There was a best girl.

Was.

Woah man, I get the point, this has been in your chest for quite some time. You can cool down now!

And who are you?

>actually dying for nothing
>not dying for the Alliance

What would your king think?

Besides, that's not Neo.

>tfw already in a game at that exact time

Good luck, then! So in terms of magic, how much is there and of what kinds?

My sheet's done, I'm just coming up with some last minute stuff for the backstory and stuff.

[Spoiler] Pendragon GM gets it, I might need to throw an app in now

What do you expect to take up the screentime of the game?
40% monster hunter, 25% class trials, 10% school life, 25% other?

A memeless accursed application, unfit even to be lewdposted.

I don't remember if you answered this, but Why are Lamia Commoners in The Demesne?

>Dying for the Alliance
>Because no one in the Horde OR Alliance bothered to share what their "shit's getting fucked, we need to pull out" signal is

Eastern dragons are more snake-like, lamia are snake-like, therefore they're stand-ins for eastern dragon-blooded.

Do we still have a decent chance of getting in if we haven't seen Rwby if there are enough Rwby watchers to fill the slots?

Holy shit when did Varian become such a HUNK.

>Flat-chested edgelord
>Best girl
>not the chesty blonde

My compatriot of african descent

Since he got rendered for a CGI trailer.

I'll lewdpost you! Which one is yours?

When can I get rendered for a CGI trailer?

I've got a few ideas for a Lung blooded NPC, One of Culdranth's Granddaughters, her being the primary magic tutor in The Demesne.

And because i like exaggeration. This is her.

>Good luck, then! So in terms of magic, how much is there and of what kinds?

Plenty of magic to go around, most of it sourced from the amalgamation of every humanoid soul to ever live and die (which is the setting's God, primary source of magic, plane of dreams, and afterlife). The tech, though, primarily works off of Nightmare Crystals and Dream Crystals, the former of which are gathered from deceased Dreaded, while the latter are created in a lab and are relatively new tech. Think a more modern version of Ivalice.

>What do you expect to take up the screentime of the game?
Reverse Monster Hunting and Class Trials for early on, though there will be a massive overlap between the two.

>Do we still have a decent chance of getting in if we haven't seen Rwby if there are enough Rwby watchers to fill the slots?
Of course! It's inspired by, not required reading. Just be sure to make a character that would work in a modern type society with civilian technology roughly on par with our own, and a culture not dissimilar to modern western society.

Yang is my number 2 from the main 4, though you should double check things because Ruby is... the exact opposite of edgy, in everything except her outfit.

Lewdpost me like one of your Galtan boys~

It's Rubio

It's probably a matter of what dragons find hot.
>this humanoid form makes those humanoid females seem a lot hot~HOLY FUCKTITS CHECK OUT THE SCALES ON THAT ASS!

lamias, lizard-girls and the like are probably a best-of-both-worlds combo to a lot of dragons.

>tfw you will never spitroast a lamia with your dragon bro

Feels fucking bad my dude

>Spitroast
>Completely thought about the typical meaning of the word invovling cooking.
>with dragons that's entirely plausible

Reverse Monster Hunting?
Are we getting hunted by monsters?

Ooh, you're the hot young buck eager to improve his family's standing, right? It would be quite a shame if, after saving the town from goblins, he got caught up with (or should I say *inside*) the village beauty, Shayliss Vinder? He's a sweet boy with a good arm and handsome face, the girls of Sandpoint will be all over him!

>roast em and toast em

It's a mix of characters, ages, personalities, classes. And I like all of the characters, they have something more to them than some sort of fetish.

Oh please, they'll want to coat her with a thick creamy glaze before that!

Guess it'll be time to put that Acrobatics skill to use--let's hope there's a convenient window nearby.

Finally got that first level of Oracle for my Oradin. Any advice towards what spells I should pick? For 1st-level spells I was thinking maybe Hide From Undead, Protection From Evil, and Shield of Faith.

Okay, lets see.

Little Sun the Theurge.

Was a maid in the service of her grandmother Culdranth. Got fired for not actually doing work and instead reading her forbidden tomes and getting her mind opened to the raw power of the cosmos.

She now spends her time as the primary chaplain and expert of magical matters in The Demesne. She likes strawberries.

Oh, I meant, it should look like:

>25% monster hunter, 40% class trials

With a lot of overlap between the two.