Would you play a fat character?

Would you play a fat character?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t2mU6USTBRE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Veeky Forums frowns upon self-inserts

No, I don't even let fat players in my group.

I play games to escape reality thank you very much

I play a fat cleric. He's mediocre with the sword but is decently strong, tires easily, and drinks like a fish. It's good fun.

Thought of playing an extremely acrobatic and graceful Budai-looking monk for a while. Might do it at some point, would be fun.

Yeah

Fat? Wilfork is a Friggin beast. If your definition of fat is just anyone over X pounds than Gregor Clegaine the mountain is fat.

I played a sumo once.
He was pretty fun, but very underpowered.

This. I also put up a requirement of at least 25 pushups. You'd be surprised how much shitstains it filters. I dunno why, but it works wonders. If I had to guess, being a lardass couch potato correlates heavily with being a shitty player and a shitty person in general.

Sure, if it fits the context. If we're doing month's worth of trekking on less than favorable rationing then they're certainly not going to stay fat for long. If the main group is storming a bank and I'm the guy who hacks it from the van two blocks away, there's a chance there's gonna be a bit of pudge.
Tried doing something like that with a dorf monk, well in shape aside from a perpetual beer gut that he just can't get rid of.

I can see couple ways to go around this
Rogue Trader as an expy of Baron Vladimir Harkonnen, complete with progressing corruption and hover system just to lunge his own weight around would be the most obvious one.

no
fatties are gross

Best.
Idea.
Ever.

Strongfat bearmode only.

I played a troll who was "9ft tall and built like a linebacker" so probably about the size of your pic, proportionately.

He was pretty awesome. Especially as he was in a Supers game.

p.s. yay for Vince Wilfork

Hey, he IS fat.

There's just a shit-load of muscle under that fat.

He is a beast, no question, and I would NEVER want to fuck with him.

>"Forcing people to do a thing that I like as a physical shibboleth sorts away people I don't like because they're different from me."
Hey bro, fixed that for you bro. Hi five bro.

I have. It went exactly the same as playing any other character, before you ask.

Where do you think you are?

In his defense, it takes a special kind of person to be unable to do 25 push-ups. That usually comes with discipline and hygiene issues.

Nigger where the fuck do you think you are? I imagine like 90% of Veeky Forums can't do a single push up.

Your suggestion is physiologically impossible. Someone incapable of completing a single push-up is beyond the point of simply getting no exercise and well into the "entirely immobile" stage of bone and muscle decay.

Have you ever gone outside? Walk down the street someday and you'll dozens of people, skinny and fat, who can't life their bodyweight off the floor with just their arms.

Is this a reference to women?

No?

I was at my nephew's school for this race day shit a while back and over half the class (14 year old boys) couldn't do a push up to save their life. They don't have the upperbody strength or the technique.

Add in the fact that like 1 in 3 adults are obese these days and you'd be pretty lucky to find an average guy capable of doing push ups.

Played a fat, red-headed Wild Mage once. His familiar was a baboon. Good times and shenanigans were had.

I'm skeptical. Are you perhaps exaggerating in an effort to prove your argument plausible rather than somewhat ridiculous from the perspective of a medical professional?

What the fuck are you talking about?

To be fair, its completely possible to just not have the particular muscles needed to do the exercise.

For example, I can do push-ups and chin ups no problem, but suck ass at pull ups. I would be fucked if I was dangling from a ledge that didn't allow me to have my palms facing back at me.

Being bad at pull-ups is somewhat normal. You don't need those muscles to literally get out of bed.

tfw you have arthritis in your wrists.

So clench your fists, or use handlebars. All I'm hearing is excuses. I've seen a guy missing a fucking arm doing pushups just fine.

>To be fair, its completely possible to just not have the particular muscles needed to do the exercise.
>missing those muscles

Or in the case of one of my players, dwarfism-related joint problems rendering her semi-mobile at best. Like, judgy much, dude?

Every bad player I've had have pretty much bragged about their inability to do push ups, so this might be something I'll adopt.

Sounds like someone who can't do 25 pushups.
Excellent anecdote, good thing such things are super common and representative of larger sets of people.

Seriously, people: I'm 70 lbs overweight for my sex, height and age. I am, medically speaking, obese. I can do 25 pushups. They may not be good, or quick, but I can do them.

>tfw am superfat piece of shit
>tfw still think this is a good idea
pushups aren't exactly the hardest thing in the world unless you're a literal paraplegic, and if you have to work for something, it matters to you more.
You sure as shit don't show up an hour late and spend your entire time dicking around on a tablet or something "until it's my turn to stab something"

Rule clarification: Do they need to be done in one go?

Nah, I try to RP things I have no experience with

One of my characters is a fatass bullywug NEET who's been thrown out of his mom's pond.

Yes. You can catch your breath for a dozen seconds or so, but no lying on the floor wheezing for minutes. Also straight plank body, chest touches the ground each time and arms straight when up.

You'd filter even more by instead asking if they have a job.

I've never gotten the opportunity to do so, but I would like to try playing a painted mage in Hackmaster. Instead of using a traditional spellbook they tattoo spells onto their body. The number of spells you can tattoo is proportional to your bodyweight, so you are encouraged to gain weight. At the same time, gaining weight counts towards your encumbrance and reduces your comliness, so there's a tradeoff. I think it would be neat to try, though probably only for a few sessions.

Probably not. I used to be really fat, but I lost a bunch of weight and now I find myself kind of angry at fat people. I don't think I would have fun playing a far character.

I never thought I'd ask this, but do you guys even lift? Correctly executed push-ups are extremely difficult. Usually you do them in sets of 8-12, hypertrophy training type volumes. The difference in push-up performance between big and little guys is huge, somewhat regardless of strength.

That you expect an average health individual to execute 25 push-ups (I assume in one set), is absurd. Of all the incredible athletes I've met, maybe 2 that I can remember MIGHT be able to do this with ideal form.

I think you guys are bullshitters.

Yeah, doing actual pushups with good form is hard. Now I'm imagining a bunch of nerds with their asses up in the air going barely halfway to the floor to get into someone's shitty D&D game.

I think your mistaken, iv'e been to martial art classes where they taught us to do push ups properly, and i don't exercise at all but i could still do like 95 in a minute or 2.

As a Veeky Forumsizen I find it really hard to play someone that's not in decent shape. Even when I play techy/caster types I usually describe them as ottermode twinks.

I'm wondering, Is the player of Tamara The Two Ton Tiefling about? That was a good thread.

Also post fat adventurers.

Tell me this story, please.

I had a navigator in Rogue Trader that ended up with the fuckheugfat mutation
So, he had a palanquin made and rolled through adventures being held aloft by well oiled servitors and made sure it was well stocked with snacks, drinks and slave girls to keep him happy. Pretty much ended up being a ball of Romanesque debauchery and indulgence to the point some fellow players where mentally scarred from those game sessions.

So a straight Baron Harkonnen?

user wanted a character based off of a Gluttony Demon Tiefling. And we spend most of the thread making Tamara Tenebrae, The Two Ton Tiefling.

She was a cleric that was in contact with a demon lord anscestor that gave her nuggets of power in exchange for certain favors, like letting her ride in her head whenever she ate an exotic meal, and other such things.

The requests got more involved untill eventually Then Ancestor made her eat a village's entire winter storage of food. Making her gain nearly 4000 pounds. While some of the lore that she learned from the Demon Lord keeps her mobile she was promptly exiled and forced to make ends meat adventuring while the ancestor is bugging her to commit even greater acts of gluttony.

It's actually staggering when you think about it, that in 1984 this was portrayal of "monstrously obese" man in comparison with from (presumably 2016).

>4000+ pounds,
>Still moblie

HOW!?

>25 pushups in one set is hard

The fuck? I literally only hang out with abnormally fit people, but is that actually troublesome for most people?

More in line with a 'Dune Navigator' wheeled around with lots of servants and starting to distinctly look not human
Given enough time he would have had a tube full of aerosol drugs, but for the time he molested some of the tech priests and they didn't want to build it.

Think that was back in about 2006 or so, but yeah, motherfuckers can get terrifyingly fat now.

The very first ability her demonic ancestor taught her was how to "Suck it in." So durring normal waking hours she'd appear as a realistic 510+ pound demonic lady. Whenever she fell asleep, completely relaxed, or got knocked out she'd "Decompress" into full blob form.

This got made out of it. so someone could find it useful.

>then she ate those foods and gained fathousand pounds

It's like I'm reading a deviantart story

No. I absolutely detest the fats.

Well if you could digest 4 months of food for a hundred people without exploding, what do you think would happen?

It just seems stupid and overly ferishy. ESPECIALLY if they normally only look 500~600 pounds.
I'd sooner make a character who actually weighs what they look and didn't magically turn into a blimp.

Well the prompt they were following was, "Characters that really Shouldn't be adventurers, but have to be."

A blob of a person really shouldn't adventure.

already have

like a horrible stereotype too

good times

That's some serious mum tum.

I want to fuck that snake

Young me
>play only lithe elves, brawny barbarians, good looking bards etc
>basically hollywood stereotypes

older me
>play characters who are too old, too young, ugly, fat, stupid, flawed, short, etc.
>Still play hollywood stereotypes
>but this time stereotypes of the supporting character type rather than the main lead type.

I'm not implying the choice of character is very indicative of player maturity and self confidence, but it was for me.

What is "properly"? What do you weigh? How tall are you?

What I've seen taught is keeping a 45 or less degree armpit angle (to make it's safe for your shoulders), lowering yourself down with a straight body so your chest and thighs meet and leave the ground together (unless your chest or quads are abnormally developed). I've never met an athlete who could do 95 of these in a minute. Probably two but absolutely not one.

Yes, if you do them right. I hang around incredibly strong people at my gym. 15 is a good set for them. I don't doubt that a few of them could do 25 for 4 sets. One of them, a climber, could probably do push-ups non stop all day. But 25 is a super fucking tough set, I don't think half the athletes I know could do that. And strong, diverse athletes they are. Powerlifters, strongmen, bodybuilders, fighters, and climbers.

When I'm playing a character, one big choice I've got to make about their appearance is whether I want it to be attractive to me or not.
Yeah, it's immature, but it's a bit of extra inspiration to be interested in the character and produce content for them. It's easier and more fun to play a character with a mindset that's attractive or generally agreeable to yourself (playing a character with completely different values at direct odds with your own can get really tiring over a campaign) and to take it a step further and make them look attractive as well is quite enticing.
Of course, if my answer for that is "no" it's gloves off to what they look like. Old, scarred, wrinkly, fat, whatever. I'm sure as hell not playing a character with a totally unattractive personality either way, though. The closest it'd come if the answer was "yes" is a bit strongfat or thicc.

Hector is my overweight knight, a colossal tank with an even heavier weapon. I haven't exactly estimated his total weight but he wouldn't cross a rope bridge at all. Without armour, he's easily a fucking lardass.

He's also stereotypically jolly and never leaves a friend behind. My group loves him. I make him in vidya games whenever there's a weight slider.

that's just fatty armor, the man is actually not obese

>Ends meat
Hehehe

He looks fat and he's the only NPC who one-hands an ultra-greatsword, analogy still fits.

Huh, interesting that I saw this thread while listening to youtube.com/watch?v=t2mU6USTBRE

Oh, there isn't a time limit? I can do 5 sets of 5 without too much trouble.

Tarkus, no?

I'm so unique, I play living Liches.

Based! Everyone wants to play a super badass with dragon blood who was killing people before puberty or le meme character who just makes jokes all the time. It's never makes for a good story.

You're so awesome. Just as an aside, state your height, weight, military press and deadlift. If you have actually injuries or mobility issues dragging you down, note them.
We won't judge.

Could you please point me at your definition of "proper pushups"? There are a few different variants after all.

To be fair finding a fuck as fat as the book's Baron who could also carry the role would have been pretty hard. At least they put in the skin condition of doom to make him more disgusting.
Didn't they find a fatter fuck for the miniseries?

The two most enjoyable characters that I've played were a fat (like really, morbidly obese) effeminate trader and an old, balding, rachetic and ugly beggar/preacher.
For some reason, I enjoy playing characters who are not only dislike, but who are flat out unable to rely on violence and that really have to actually work to be likable to other people.

STR 0 = death

Well, I'm pretty overweight but certainly not immobile or anything like that. The thing is that in my day to day life my triceps pretty much don't get any use so while I could push myself off the floor without any trouble I can't do the lowering part, I just sort of collapse.

That combined with my super fucked heels means that it's tricky to find a suitable way to exercise in a meaningful manner. Not that it's an excuse of course,

Why the fuck would you *brag* about it? Sure, I can understand nerds thinking all physical exercise is irrelevant, but bragging? Sounds like "go out of your way to accommodate my pseudo-handicap" tumblrinas.

I knew a girl in high school who was proud for having never eaten a vegetable in her life.
Fucked people have fucked accomplishments.

Please clarify if she ate any dietary supplements and if she had diet-related health problems. If no in both cases, I might actually be impressed.

Can't you rest your shins on something instead? If that makes it feel like easy mode you can always find something higher,

If it worked for the concept, sure. I'm not gonna play someone fat just to make them fat, though. This ain't my fucking magical realm.

I could play a musclebound fat guy. Some fucking guy who wrestles bears and then eats a whole turkey and looks the part. That sounds pretty great, actually.

The heels aren't the problem when it comes to push ups, that's just if I want to do stuff like jogging or running. Is literally just garbage tricep strength.

> tfw this is the thing that finally motivates me to start doing push-ups