/cyoag/ CYOA General

pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
Last Thread: I just want it to be over with.

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/sh/c2ca60gesbxg78p/AADjf210qDxoGICDjCe9aRaza?dl=0
dropbox.com/s/ocbso1zp8asnidv/Slut Life NSFW Edition.pdf?dl=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

(1/9)
I love this CYOA, but it has a lot of typos in it.

(2/9)

(3/9)

(4/9)

(5/9)

(6/9)

(7/9)

(8/9)

(9/9)

Something about this whole CYOA puts me on edge.

It's 100% one of my favorites. The fantasy/scenario appeals to me a lot, the framing and narrator are strongly appealing, and the choices themselves are good.

Updated my builds, mostly just removed drawbacks.

dropbox.com/sh/c2ca60gesbxg78p/AADjf210qDxoGICDjCe9aRaza?dl=0

Class: The Guild Leader

Drawbacks: Muggle, Elemental Weakness (Earth), Pervert +7, 23

Combo Effects: Mega Muggle, Potion Master, Magitek Titan, Dragon Lord +4, 27

Race: Human +1, 28

Death Options: Victory or Death! +5, 33

Powers: Unbendable Time, Waifu Catcher, Realm Knowledge -4, 29

Artifact: Secret Hideout, Stone of Power, Oblivion Potion, Love Potion, Potion of Change, Potion of Power, Seeker's Map, Legendary Weapon, Legendary Armor, Needle -12, 17

Companions: Master Artificer, Master Smith, Spellbreaker, Magitek Golem, Pet Dragon, The Guardian, Loli Mage -17, 0

Quest: The Apocalypse (Dragon)

I don't know how people can tolerate this shit desu. Is it like some Revenge of the Nerds tier fantasy of getting back at a bully or becoming the bully yourself to shore up fragile self-confidence?

My name's not important.

>every antagonist ever has just been a case of bullying

Great CYOA, but I already made a build when it first came out, and it's a lot to go through again and again.

Why are you such an Autismo?
It provides variance, ideas, plot.
>Make some build for another CYOA
>Make a build for Nemesis
>Pit them against each other in your head

More to do with the kind of person who'd play the CYOA, user.

>Not wanting to be a cheeky trickster bastard

You don't have to go full Nott M. Portant if you don't want to.

It's a CYOA designed to make you an overpowered unstoppable foe for other people's builds. It doesn't have the kind of flavor or balance to serve as a proper rival.

Take all of the reasons there are to be an antagonist, pick one, and apply it to the cyoa. The art form is by its very nature open ended.

The problem is, if people hate a build from a cyoa they can be butthurt enough to make a nemesis build specifically designed to fuck up that user's build and claim that build's character is dead and buried permanently forever.

It hasn't happened yet, but the potential is there.

I agree, it gives me a weird Stepford Wives vibe.

boo hoo?

The CYOA police aren't going to kill your character, user. It literally only exists in only your imagination.

Nice old IP.

While that's an interesting idea,
>Someone else builds it identically with a different name, gasp
>The Nemesis is completely useless now and if they chose a realm-hopping option, they're probably dead in the water in other realms

I'm not worried about my builds.

I'm just speculating on the shitstorm it would cause when Angelanon over reacts when there's a dozen nemesis builds all aimed at raping her character.

>The problem is if someone dislikes a build and then makes a Nemesis and kills that persons imaginary character.
Ohhh no! We can't let that happen user! We must stop this CYOA before it claims anyone's fictional self inserted character life!

From my understanding, that's the entire point of the CYOA.

/cyoag/ has thrown shitstorms for less.

Remember that shitstorm over one line about no gay marriage?

You laugh and mock about it now, but when it fucking happens and an shitstorm and dickwaving contest consumes 3+ threads.

You only have yourselves to blame.

Clearly the solution is to make a Nemesis-Nemesis CYOA to counter Nemesis CYOA, of course it also rises the chances of an arms race ending with both sides stockpiling massive amounts of anti- and pro-Nemesis cyoas.

>I love this CYOA
thanks!
>but it has a lot of typos in it.
I'll gladly fix any you point out. Some might already be fixed on my drive.

I'm glad you like it!

That's understandable. Personally, it's been long enough that I could probably go through it myself without remembering what to expect.

I don't follow...

>The Great Nemesis War CYOA
>You and four other Nemesises will square off versus and team of 5 others in an all-out battle to the perma-death

If someone is so easily offended they lose their shit because some random dude "killed" their fictional character, then may be they should get thicker skin or gtfo internet?

Oh, I remember.

I was actually considering that. Had any build towards one of my CYOAs been ruined (the person that made the build was bothered & it caused trouble) by it, I was going to do it.

Are you new here or something?

People get offended here quite often.

People lose their shit all the time over Burmese drawings, I fail to see how a subreddit about Vietnamese poker would be any different in terms of shitstorms.

I love killing Angel's characters and having sex with their corpses.

There's nothing forcing you to actually be a nemesis. My builds mainly just use banished to shop around for a waifu/husbando to seduce and a world I'd like to live in.

/cyoag/ in a nutshell.

Been a while since I saw someone posting Enchante/d/ Rings. One of my favorite CYOAs ^^

Funny, the only other person that loves Enchante/d/ rings is Mopeyfuck.

Meh, it had its time of popularity long ago.

So, is everyone going to ignore the OC I posted? And if so, is it because I didn't post it with a giant label saying it's OC?

I love it but I'm a casual so I don't have enough points to be all powerful and have friends :(

The text is too small for me to strain my eyes to read, use more of that empty space you left in the image to increase the text size and I'll read it.

Yes. Also from a brief look over the downsides to all choices outweigh the benefits, which is a good way to make people not play.

Character
>Smug Bitch
>Human -1
>Eternal Soul
Powers
>Gossip 1
>I Am the Law 3
>Corruption 5
>Shapeshifting 7
>Sex Appeal 9
>Got Style 1
>Legendary Hero 11
Artifacts
>The Needle 12
>Love Potion 13
>Blood Quill 14
Companions
>League of Perverts 16
>Noble Woman 17
Miscellaneous
>Bad Influence 16
>Edge of Madness
>Bitch Queen

>infiltrate Angel's /u/topia
>become instant celebrity via legendary hero and being exactly like Angel, only more competent at everything
>spread rumours about Angel being straight, ruin her reputation with the blood quill, set the league of perverts loose to spread corruption of all kinds across the realm, pass laws requiring people to ignore Angel, be a smug bitch
>use the needle to bimbofy Angel, shape shifting to take the form of a man, and eventually the love potion to make Angel fall in love with me
>become Emperor of /u/topia with thoroughly broken bimbofied Angel as my consort
>use sex appeal to get give victorian "lesbians" the D in Angel's bed while being a smug bitch along with my noble woman companion who will become my waifu as Angel gets more and more sidelined
>drive Angel to suicide with gossip behind her back while being ignored in person, straight sex followed by cheating once she's in love with me, and complete corruption of her realm

This, I looked at it and decided I didn't actually want any of the options. It also seems to be stupidly harsh, for example how is it a purely selfish act to strive for a higher-paying job when you now have a true love (and potentially a family) to support?

Can do something about the size; I originally made it this way because a complaint about one of my other cyoas was how many pages it took.

I won't do anything about the content, since that will ruin the entire feel I went for with this cyoa.

Hi, does anyone know where I can find the image version of slut life?

So, what was the goal of this CYOA? Is that a deal with the devil of some sorts? Because as another user said, the drawbacks far outweight the benefits. It's not enjoyable.

Not the other anons, don't know what to tell you then. If part of the problem people has is that they feel that the boons aren't worth the drawbacks, they aren't going to post their choices.

dropbox.com/s/ocbso1zp8asnidv/Slut Life NSFW Edition.pdf?dl=0

Thank you so much user!

I'm on mobile. Does anyone know a place where I can view it directly? sorry.

>THE MIND
>SANITY

A PALTRY PRICE TO PAY FOR THE GREATER GOOD

WHO CARES IF I MUST SUFFER, THE DISCOVERIES I MAKE WITH THESE FORBIDDEN POWERS WILL BRING A GOLDEN AGE TO ALL MANKIND

It's just a standard pick a benefit, pay the price cyoa to warm me up for my next project after a couple of months of doing nothing.

Does anyone else feel /cyoag/ treat regular content creators kind of poorly?

>Room
It was a hard choice between High-Energy and Rugged, but in the end Rugged, because I there are other ways to bulk up, and the rugged room would make it easier anyway.

>Sibling
Alexander, he seems bro-tier

>Breakfast
Waffles mothafuka

>Gifts
Crystal Dagger and Replenishing Brace.

>Grills
Judith

>Retainer
Judith (again) and Lizard Bartender.

>Classes
Tactics, Range fighting, force magic, and healing magic.

>Task
Adventurer

>is it because I didn't post it with a giant label saying it's OC?
That's always part of it. Most won't bother to open images unless they're told its OC.

The CYOA is 1600 x 1600. It can be up to 10,000 px tall, so you could easily make it larger. Though, at this point, that would be retooling your text boxes to fit the larger text & realigning the option to symmetrically fit in 3 or 4 rows.

I agree that the drawbacks are severe enough that I'm not sure I want anything. I mean, most of these things I don't care enough about to pick regardless of how severe their drawbacks are like having a country, physical strength, the secrets of the universe, or fame. I'm already zero-stress, so that one doesn't help in the slightest. I'm left with either money or love, both things I'd gladly pick. Except the main reason I'd want money would be to not work. I mean, I guess I could go through with just a few months of it and then immediately retire? If I went with the other drawback and my body grew ill, I'll probably just jump off a building if the suffering got too bad & donate my money to charity. As for love, I don't have the self-esteem for that to go over so well. It doesn't seem to include any significant physical changes to repair that & "perfect match" isn't strong enough language to suggest they'd be that good for me. Ever heard someone say that a couple "deserves each other," pointing out that they are both flawed people suffering in the company of the other? And then my choices for drawbacks here are to either devote myself to someone that I'm going to constantly doubt really likes me... or losing all my friends that I know at least enjoy playing video games with me. I'd probably just pass on them all, if that's an option. If this is the price to achieve one's desires, I'd rather remain unaccomplished.

If I absolutely HAD to pick one... I'd pick love & throw out friends. Worst case scenario, doubts flood my life, feeling me with loneliness until I eventually jump off a building. At least it is less painful than the suffering the money option would make be go through before I give up and jump

They do. I considered making a few cyoas a few years back and stopped because of how horrid this community is.

It's just content creators not actually making what they want, and instead trying to keep the community pleased. The community here is so fucking entitled it's terrible. They're not paying anyone yet expect EVERY demand to be met.

Can't say I'm looking forward to anything you do if this is the kind of content you like.

>GIFT: Magic

I'd have picked Succubus, but I don't want to have to drink people's souls through their genitals just to survive.

>FACTION: Hellborn
I'd likely have gone with the Symbiants, if not for the Hellborn being the most likely place for me to get some actual magical training. Having power equivalent to theirs is one thing, but a self-taught (from a book) hedgemage just won't have the kind of finesse a conventionally-trained Witch does.

Thanks for the criticism. Same for the guys in the previous posts.
Don't worry, I have a wide range of cyoa tastes. And I have made some with less pain in them.

agree 100%.

>Don't worry
Nah.

I don't know what you mean by poorly. There are like three camps. The people who whine about every little thing a particular person does no matter what, the people who jerk off specific content creators whenever the chance arises because of their depression, anxiety, incessant need for headpats or whatever you want to call it. And then there are people who don't really give a damn, and I don't really give a damn. Yes, there are particular authors whose work I prefer over others, but I'm not going to attack anyone over it, and I'm certainly not going to stroke some guy's ego for what they've made just because they made a few things in the past that I enjoyed. I feel like most people are in the last camp, but it's just a feeling. Maybe I'm the uncommon one.

Yes, what positive comments or actual criticism they receive tends to be outweighed by the complaining and 'this sucks' kind of stuff.

I'm for the most part in that last camp. If I like a CYOA, I'll try to post my choices for it. If I don't, I won't post anything about it. Because, if you bring up that you don't like certain CYOAs you get attacked for it. Maybe by one really bored user or a group.

That's the spirit.

I feel like there are 3 guys on here who shit on content creators who stand out.

I guess I don't have thick skin but it's put me off making cyoas completely. I made half of one a while back and got like 10 replies telling me they liked it, but one saying it was terrible and he hated it, and it put me off completely. The community here is okay though

There are far more people in the third camp user, they spend the majority of the time as lurkers saving cyoas they like.

Wait who are the 3?

didn't you

wasn't this asked in the past few there\\ads

It was in the last thread after it hit the bump limit and this one had been up for a bit.

It was just an estimate, user.

I can't tell anymore because we keep going back in time to old threads and new threads are made at the same time.

Time is convoluted on /cyoag/.

You see, people shit on me all the time but it doesn't really matter anymore, cause everyone does.

Yeah, someone got buttmad at me in the end of the last thread. Pretty funny.

Hell dude I like your content. Even your shitposting has its moments too.

I know it doesn't mean a lot coming from Anonymous but I don't want to post by name.

I guess I'm just not as strong as you

People here can be so mean.

Why is this thread a whiny pity party all of a sudden?

Are you a creator? I don't get thus comment of yours. You act like the awkward kid trying to fit in with the cool kids.

>Hey you authors get unappreciated too?!
>Yeah some guy totally got buttmad at me in the the last thread! Am i right guys?!
>Pretty funny!!!

?

Perk: Rulership
Drawback: Sociopath

I will expand my empire, and fix the fucking world. What to do first? Hmm. Remove kebab

I like it.
I forget, though, why do we hate angel? Is s/he an attention whore?

Didn't say anything about being unappreciated. Just said a guy got buttmad. I was commenting in regards to people getting upset with individuals on this thread. I do find it funny how mad people get on these threads at the smallest things, which is why I brought it up.

posts like these are why people hate this general

She is very easy to bait.

(You) (You) (You)

this should be enough to tide you over

Why do creators here use names? What's the point?

user, it's unusual to see all this complaining about not getting enough headpats.