Hashgraph Coins

Alright, here's my theory. I think its a good idea but feel free to tell me if I'm retarded. Basically, hashgraph coins (IOTA/RaiBlocks) are finally being appreciated and pumped... but the only hashgraph coin out there left is Byteball which hasnt pumped So IOTA and Rai recently pumped. I've kinda known of it for a while, and I finally looked into it and all I see are green flags that I don't think people appreciate yet. The TLDR is basically that its a working IOTA/RaiBlocks tangle, but instead of being simply a coin its more of an Ethereum-style hashgraph tangle in the sense that you can run smartcontracts on it, launch ICOs on the hashgraph (look up Titan Coin), and its the only hashgraph that Monero-tier privacy (only one that has any privacy, actually). I think this has flown under the radar because of its faggot meme of a name, but these are my findings that I present to you.

Other urls found in this thread:

getmonero.org/2017/11/27/logs-for-the-Monero-Research-Lab-meeting-held-on-2017-11-27.html
steemit.com/byteball/@yamaoka/how-to-run-byteball-witness
byteroll.com/oracle
youtube.com/watch?v=zCDSoaIstTM&t=130
monero.stackexchange.com/questions/4642/how-is-monero-different-from-byteball-with-being-anonymous/5844
coinmarketcap.com/currencies/byteball/#markets
hashgraph.com
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1574508.msg15806728#msg15806728
reddit.com/r/ByteBall/comments/6yh4tu/the_future_value_of_blackbytes/
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608859.0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

wtf are hashgraphs

Sorry apparently this is a "direct acylcic graph" not a hashgraph. Honestly I have no fucking clue what the difference is I just think the market loves it given what happen to iota/raiblocks

This is super bleeding edge you touching here probably 4th generation of cryptos... Probably will not even hit mainstream by 2020 unless quantum chips will release and form a need.

>Titan Coin
yea there are no hashgraph coins out there yet.
it's only deployed as concept on private network with no public ledger.

> but yea keep an eye on it definitely

You're very late to the ByteBall party retard. We've been trying to get people into this for months now, and there have been plenty of threads.

And no, no one appreciates it.. Yet.

still time to get into xrb before a real exchange picks it up

i forgot the napkin math but i think $10 a coin will still be like a quarter of iota's marketcap

Monero devs have been looking into DAG as well, but they are not really totally sold for the idea yet.
getmonero.org/2017/11/27/logs-for-the-Monero-Research-Lab-meeting-held-on-2017-11-27.html

Byteballs has really stupid name and its witness system seems like a very bad idea for decentralization.

Im confused, according to Titan Coin they are the first ICO launching on Byteball

I realize this coin has been out for a while but lets be honest when you hear "Byteball" you really have no desire to learn more. The only reason I even looked into it was because someone mentioned it in a RaiBlocks vs IOTA thread yesterday

Also, the chart looks like its at the bottom of a giant cup and handle no?

btw I think are large part of RaiBlock's pump was that it's feeless and instant, like IOTA intends to be.

ByteBall is not, and that's completely fine, but I think the market won't appreciate that for awhile. Because of this, I'm holding XRB for now, and it's going to pump bigly until it gets on Binance / Bittrex. Then I'll put all that money towards more balls.

I agree, I wish they would change the name. But at the same time I also feel like this has gone under the radar? And aren't witnesses just the DAG version of masternodes? steemit.com/byteball/@yamaoka/how-to-run-byteball-witness

Byteball works now. Iota will never work. Raiblocks - who knows.

Byteball has private transactions, sports betting, insurance, icos, conditional payments, etc. It's nuts that its market cap is so low.

Don't get me wrong, I wish I had gotten into RaiBlocks. If it dips I'm definitely getting in. I just have been burned too many times chasing pumps so I found this coin while looking to find the next pump before it happens

I also forgot to mention this thing has built in Oracles: byteroll.com/oracle

Yeah, not fan of masternodes either. But well, then again other coins won't run without miners either.

I would have bought byteball if I could buy it at some non-shit exchange.

xrb is a scam, isn't it?

Read more about the witness sytem, the explore it pretty in depth and I changed my mind about how centralized it might be. BlackBytes also offer improved anonymity over Monero.

It was sub $300 last week, so idk. Could continue though and it has every reason to imo.

Glad to see your researching, I agree that witnesses are no more centralized than many other commonplace protocols. I kinda like the name though, but understand I'm in the minority.

>It's nuts that its market cap is so low.
This, I think they fucked themselves with the airdrop distribution method. But they are working on changing that, so that's good imo.

Sounds solid user. I'm bailing from RaiBlocks into this as soon as I feel XRB has peaked (it's actually kinda dipped right now due to exchanges being down lately).

I think if any crypto is going to enable me buying coffee, it's this one. Everything else is simply too slow for actual use a currency, or too infantile in it's development / concept (XRB).

It's on Bittrex.

No, that's just this weeks flavor of FUD since the exchanges couldn't handle the increased volume from everyone trying to get XRB.

it's probably dead on arrival due to lack of development power and good marketing team.
to make things worse /pol associated it as nazi coin and put it against the cyberpunk IOTA who will destroy them at any giving moment as rai using IOTA tangle.

kek. /pol/ associates many things.

Update: check out this singing praise from Richard Heart: youtube.com/watch?v=zCDSoaIstTM&t=130

It's not on Bittrex.

>BlackBytes also offer improved anonymity over Monero.
Not really, I would say they are equal. BlackBytes are sort of workaround that they need to be paired to transfer and are also optional, thus not every transaction is private.

1/6th

ByteBall is on Bittrex, I know because I hold some on there.

You don't know enough about the tech to make these claims. They are not "optional" they are an entirely different currency, and no work around. Further, they go beyond the obfuscation of plaintext information that XMR does, among many more reasons. I invite you to read more about it, as it's a pretty interesting and novel approach and the lead dev is pretty cool.

monero.stackexchange.com/questions/4642/how-is-monero-different-from-byteball-with-being-anonymous/5844

>I liked it before I was cool and I feel the need to insult people in a decentralized distributed vegetarian couscous restaurant in the process of telling them how ahead of the times I am and how cool I am

FUCK YOU FUCK OFF IM STILL ACCUMULATING

In all seriousness it's extremely underappreciated. Their wallet is one of the best, it even has email and chat bots with confirmation for normies to easily and not fuck up sending money.

coinmarketcap.com/currencies/byteball/#markets

Yes it is

rai using tangle??? wtf you talking about... xrb doesnt use any framework w/e. It is built from the ground up and it works. Dev started going full-time on the coin and new exchanges hitting soon. Buy now.

It's only available on bittrex and it can't verify my account through public records it says. Can I still trade on it and send my coins to wallets or can I not withdraw cryptos either without verifying?

Find better sources, I don't know what to tell you. The second line in that link is dead wrong by claiming BlackBytes are optional. They are an entirely separate currency. And yes, they can only be traded on a decentralized exchange, and once these are more commonplace (as they should be), this will no longer be any sort of problem. Nothing here told me the privacy is inherently better than XMR.

And you should be able to speak for yourself, and only rely on links as a supplement to your argument. Only providing sources tells me you can't form your own arguments, and thus need to read a bit more.

Here's a good source from the dev himself. I'm always interested in competing tech to XMR, and really like tech that steps away from obfuscation like what Zk-snarks and BlackBytes do.

hashgraph.com
what about this project? will they release any coins?

>source
fuck, here bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1574508.msg15806728#msg15806728

It's hard to find good info and comparisons unfortunately, since there is a huge asymmetry of information out there from XMR shills who haven't researched the competition well enough. I've been learning more everyday, since I can't find an unbiased, critical comparison anywhere.

and here's another, more casual source:
reddit.com/r/ByteBall/comments/6yh4tu/the_future_value_of_blackbytes/

You seem to be shilling a "dev", is this yet another verge with only one dev?

Also >The recipient receives the entire history of the coin and can verify that it is valid, as well as verify that the payload does hash to the correct value.
This basically means that only the transaction is private, the coin itself isn't. You lose fungibility.

This link makes blackbytes seem even more horrible. If they are just their own "chain", you can potentially fake them and get free money. There is no security for veryfing your blackbytes are actually real, the whole witness system is totally bypassed as well. And since each blackbyte contains its whole history, single blackbyte will grow in its size, and the scaling problem will be even worse than with blockchain/dag.

i want this byteball shit how the fuck do i buy? I ony see gbytes. can someone redpill me on wtf i'm looking at?

I won’t get into this XMR vs Byteball shit, but I’ll say the fact that Byteball has any privacy at all makes it unique amongst the hashgraph/DAG coins

Its fucking obvious that this coin is undervalued. It will be a godlike pump once the trigger is pulled

OP wants you to buy those shit coins when the real rocket is raiblocks, just a friendly reminder.

Where do I buy it now?

I advise reading again but perhaps a bit slower. Your first quote was completely out of context (referring to BTC), and if you think you can fake them for free money, people would be doing this (no idea why you think this though).

>There is no security for veryfing your blackbytes are actually real, the whole witness system is totally bypassed as well. And since each blackbyte contains its whole history, single blackbyte will grow in its size, and the scaling problem will be even worse than with blockchain/dag.

I'm working on addressing this currently.

>You seem to be shilling a "dev", is this yet another verge with only one dev?
Funny coming a coin that was lead by FluffyPony

moar sauce

>bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608859.0

It's on Cryptopia also

>Funny coming a coin that was lead by FluffyPony
Monero was founded by a unknown person, and is developed through research and as a community nowadays. All meetings etc are there open. There is no "single dev".

I don't really get where you are going with this. You are just posting me bunch of wall of text and not even trying to address my concerns. Are the blackbytes even out yet, or are they still in design phase? I don't have anything against your coin, but you really should think before making bold claims "It has better security than coin that has gone through lots of research on that particular area", when that actually isn't true.

No, XRB doesn’t use a fucking tangle you brainlet. That’s why it actually fucking works.

>FluffyPony
Regardless, he did have a disproportionate influence on the project in it's early days. Many succesful projects start with only one dev, or a strong lead dev.

>wall of text
Everything I posted was under 10 sentences, unless you're referring to the links? Further I did address your concerns, other than what I green texted as a placeholder and told you I'm working on addressing that. I admittedly don't know much about the project yet, but from what I do know it's very promising and I'm learning more about it currently.

It's so fucking annoying having to sign up for 10 billion different exchanges though. Why can't they just add all of them to 1 exchange.

Anyhow, if you look it up more, detailing this:
>and if you think you can fake them for free money, people would be doing this (no idea why you think this though).
From your links what I gathered was that the darkbytes are basically offchains, that are only shared between you and the recipient, there's no one who can make sure the offchain you send wasn't modified.

The first quote isn't referring to BTC, but to these darkbyte files, which are supposed to contain whole history of the lifetime of _single coin_, thus it means they are not fungible, they also would increase in file size each time they are transfered. To me this sounds too insane to be true, so I'm probably missing something and all this would eventually link to some decentralized database.

Cryptopia has like 1 million alts, everyone already has an account there

I'll look into debunking that FUD, thanks. I've been really looking for a detailed comparison of BlackBytes vs. XMR, but it's hard to find an unbiased review, so I'm working on doing it myself I guess. The problem is that either side cheerleads whatever they have financial interest in, and rarely do they debate in an open forum.

Sometimes shitposting and getting called out on my nonsnese helps to learn where I need to be researching.

AFAIK the blackbytes only carry the info of the last transaction (I've read this, but the article I linked contradicts that). So I believe I'm missing something too, as carrying all info simply can't be right in a privacy coin. They claim they are fungible on their website, but i'm having defending why/how.

One of them is centralized solution that doesn't work yet.

The other one is called "BITE BALLS" lol.

Why do potentially good cryptos have such retarded names. Byteball?

Its not the polished package yet, and are DAG based coins not susceptible to spam attacks?

They are biting balls

Byteball fucked its distribution.

Should have been no rule change just because price dumped.

Dist postponed...price dumped even more.

Apparently this had one of the fairest distributions for a coin

>doesn't know about Universa
kek enjoy your byteball bags