Mtg aether revolt spoilers

what do you think of the new spoilers?

i wonder if there will be any interesting instants or sorceries. it's starting to feel like all the power is in creatures now. lots of threats, and minimal answers.

>caterpillar wurmcoil engine.

>golgari gets more toys

>1 drop 7/11

>1 drop black spot removal that doesn't suck

breddy gud for now

I'm excited to make aggressive shoving part of my repertoire of spells.

Hello Tribal Staple

Anyway what do you guys thing about the new mechanics Revolt and Improvise? I feel like they are both very abuse-able and will be playable in other formats.

That XB card with improvise looks really good to toy with in a Metallurgic Summoning deck for standard or Frontier

Not sure if slivers can use it...which seems the only one that would like it.

Of course it can, why won't slivers be able to?

In fact, they really benefit from the counters due to their usual small size and the Mimic benefits from the sliver abilities

Because it's competing with other 2-drops and is more vulnerable to removal due to two-types and 2/1 stats.

does this mean i can +1 gideon and tap him for mana? Or do counters in the second part of the card refer to +1/+1 only?

It also is a terrible top deck later in the game. Unlike a traditional Lord or Pump Sliver it doesn't help any of your previously played critters.

the secound ability simply refers to counters so it would work.

elves in standard?

If gideon is a creature you can tap him for mana

>"Do you know want to know what we fight for? Listen to the laughter of the children." —Pia Nalaar
I wonder what she meant by this.

Pia confirmed for mtg's first pedosexual?

That the proofreading guy is not getting a raise anytime soon, this is patheitc, really.

The card was spoiled in korean, we don't have the english version yet

New toy for G/x Energy decks

literally unplayable

what if they made good cards for limited?

this is technically a limited 'bomb' but why does it need to be unplayable outside of limited

why don't they make it good

>7/11 for 1 mana

how is this allowed?

Yea, it costs a lot
But we have Servant of the Conduit, Cultivator's Caravan and pic related

"Greenbelt Druid"
1G
Creature - Elf Druid
T: Add G to your mana pool.
1/3

manadorks are back??

perfect for my elf deck

i feel like elves are coming back to standard

>Tap, add one colorless mana to your mana pool,

>Tap, pay one life: add one mana of any color to your mana pool. Use this ability only if you control an artifact.

commander staple?

They were never fully gone
Only 1-mana mana dorks are gone

YA BOI ORNITHOPTER MAKING A COME BACK

This card is fucking garbage, it's not even close to being abusable in the same way something like Phyrexian Dreadnought is.

Crew is inherently an ability that is hard to activate, if you have 6-power worth of shit, why not just attack with that rather than piling it into a single body? It's cute for casual decks that run start your engines, and on face value interacts well with the new 3-mana 6/6 vehicle, but aside from that it's hot garbage.

Inspirational Monuments
Artifact
Non-artifact spells you cast have improvise. (Your artifacts can help cast non-artifact spells. Each artifact you tap after you're done activating mana abilities pays for 1.)

And this thing itself become a mana rock. Sounds nice on paper, dunno how well it can be when played.

>Your artifacts can help cast
with the Artifacts it sounds even more retarded than the Convoke reminder did

This is what we were missing for Emerge.

Looks like a bomb in limited.
Why is it a mythic instead of a rare?

Cheerios can cast OG Emracool with this shit

you can cheat on the crew with something like Start your Engines or Siege Modification.

>Winding Constrictor doesn't put extra counters on Planeswalkers

Fucking gay as hell.

I guess Adaptive Automaton is still better for that job.

drop 7/11
Glad my boy Varolz gets more toys to play with.

Neat, liked the art.

Marchesa tribal seems good too.
Could have been 3GGG without being too retarded.
Could have been a fucking beast type instead.

It's not a creature and you can't crew it when it's in the GY

Damn i'm retarded.
A cheaper ($) alternative to dreadnough on top of death shadow would have been nice.

>it's starting to feel like all the power is in creatures
he says in the thread about removal which will have a major impact on modern
>minimal answers
there are a heap of answers why the hell do you think they printed the dreadnaugt

bitching
i was gonna get pretty fucking mad if this block did not have ornitopter it was already silly it was not in origins

when it was first anounced i thought the same thing
my initial reaction was that it was just more of wizards making bullshit op mythics to sell more packs
then i looked at it and saw it was a fucking uncommon so i thought they must have just went full retard.

then more spoilers started appearing and there was so much fucking removal for it it now seems a lot more reasonable

holy fuck thats good

holy shit this set is going to be fucking insane

oooh boy i know what i am building

not a creature in the graveyard
it has to be on the field and have an effect turn it into a creature

oh maybe they will print something that allows you to crew a vehicle in your hand or graveyard

Start Your Engines, Siege Modification, Peacekeeper Colossus.

But even then, it would just be a big dumb vanilla creature that would be chump-blocked for days.

>uncommon
Yes, a 0/2 flying artifact for 0 mana would break the format in the common slot.

So the snake tells me we'll be seeing poison in the next block or the one after that

G: You get E and a Revolt trigger

That makes no fucking sense

Read the second part of it's ability
It doubles the amount of counters YOU get, so far theres only ONE kind of counter a player can get, and that's poison

>What are Energy counters ?

experience and energy.

The snake in Meren edh. Hnnnnngh

Do you have brain damage user?

It doesn't even make sense in the context of poison, if infect/poison because a thing all it would do is make that snake unplayable, why would someone play something that gives THEMSELVES more poison counters?

I legitimately did not know that energy counted as a counter, I thought it was it's own thing

G: You get E and a Revolt trigger unless you already have EE, in which case pay EE and get a vanilla 3/4 instead.

You have to pay EE when it comes into play, you can't just keep using it to convert G to E.

well you know now so it's all good.

Ghave is the 1st thing comes to my mind

That's cute

are you telling me you'd like to see Ornithopter almost 3 times as much as usual when opening packs? Like, it's a good card but seriously

This is the only real repeatable synergy that I could find for the elephant. Even then, it's not all that great.

There's also , much slower though

it could be useful in the late game to bring up your energy after you have exhausted most of your sources but then you need a way to bring the rampager back to your hand because it would be absurd to hold onto it the entire game just in case the game goes for a lot of turns

That too. I admit to focusing on existing cards rather spoilers.
It's only good at bringing your energy up to EE. After that, you need to rely on other sources.

oh yeah i was thinking of the combo backwards for some reason

I'm going to play a deck that runs Lupine Prototype, Peacekeeper Colossus, Consulate Dreadnought, Aradara Express, Demolition Stomper, Siege Modification and Start Your Engines.

And it's going to suck.

Interest in spoilers and mtg in general seem to have cratered on Veeky Forums. Starting with Battle for Zendikar, I think, spoiler threads and the generals have lost a lot of posters. Is mtg dying, bros?

>Is mtg dying, bros?
We don't and can't know.
It seems to be dying on Veeky Forums though and in my LGS but that's another problem

We are just growing up user. With Wizards generally being so fucking out of touch with the players, each expansion feels less and less interesting.

No Depala nor Sram?

>Is mtg dying, bros?
Yes, because this is spoiler season!!! Where mtg dies at least a hundred times a day.
Tis the season to be dying lalalalalalalalalala.

pah, why run efficient creatures when I can run stupid trains instead?

Still do not understand why Renegade Freighter was a Common

It seems to be on a downswing.

Probably won't die anytime soon though, too many people are too deep in it for it to.

I'll need a foil copy.

>those colors
it's going to be amazing in foil

>Is mtg dying, bros?

We honestly don't know.

It seems like event attendance is down, which is bad for the game. But for several years product sales have been going consistently up, and MTGO saw a lot of growth which complicates things.

So far, something like one in three Rares looks like something I would first pick.

What's the point of having vehicles if all the cool and good ones are uncommon or higher? Freighter is one of the best cards in draft and I'm glad it exists.

I've noticed that SCG's streaming is in pretty rough shape. For a long time now, their numbers have been less than half of what they got a year ago. Their Legacy streams were more popular than Standard has been for quite some time. Not a good sign.

How are we supposed to be be excited when every card discussion can be summed up as "unplayable outside of standard/limited, I guess I could draft it if I was in the colors"

gonna say most people here were already "grown up" before mtg turned into boring tripe

>"unplayable outside of standard/limited, I guess I could draft it if I was in the colors"
Hmm...

what do people really think this will replace abrupt decay or something

No, but it might replace Terminate. It's not crazy to think this fits in the line >Bolt>Path>This

BfZ was an absurd flop, it's no secret that expeditions were tested there because Wizards new the set was junk.

Kaladesh was also pretty bland, I'm happy with the Revolt spoilers so far, truly feels like a different block based on the power level we've seen already.

I don't think MtG is dying, prereleases are just as large as they've always been, what I think is happening is a junky standard popped up at the same time a lot of people have been dropping Modern and nobody really knows what the big format to play in is right now.

This would be much weaker if fetchlands weren't a thing.

>Dies to bolt
Will be changed for the foreseeable future to
>Dies to push

That's how good this card will be in modern.

But Fetchlands are a thing?

I'm not even convinced it's very good. Bolt is good because it's versatile. The comparable cards that see play are abrupt decay and inquisition of kozi, both are much better. No deck sideboards death mark. No deck plays disfigure.

Screencap to ridicule me.

No way. I do hesitate to call it abrupt decay 5-8 but it kills a LOT of things in modern and legacy, and even more just by saccing a fetch.

There's a reason it's pre-selling for $3 apiece.

>Screencap to ridicule me.

Done and done

>do you know want to know what

what

im really mad that there is no train subtype

TEAL AND ORANGE