JRPG Fantasy Aesthetic > Western Fantasy Aesthetic

JRPG Fantasy Aesthetic > Western Fantasy Aesthetic

Them's just the facts.

bump

>having to bump your own bait thread

At least have some fucking dignity

I sure hope you gave ample servings of sage with that truthful admonishon, user.

Nah, I much prefer Wakfu's aesthetics to Dark Souls'.

Here's to hoping there is an fantasy aesthetics art battle so that I may save them all.

I actually forgot.

Does sage even still do anything? I distinctly remember that saged posts still bumped threads last time I checked.

I actually like both, it just depends on the kind of atmosphere you're going for.

Do I disagree or agree? You just don't know.

I think it works, but would allow the op to bump his thread again (by posting after you) if you did sage

Can we have this, please?

japanese doing western fantasy > westerners doing western fantasy

I almost feel bad about how much better they do it then we do. Shit like Dark Souls surpasses basically every attempt at Western fantasy in the actual west.
I wouldn't mind seeing it the other way around, but we all know that nobody is going to bother to learn anything about japanese fantasy beyond "lol ninjas and samurai"

Meant for

>Shit like Dark Souls surpasses basically every attempt at Western fantasy in the actual west.

Too bad the actual gameplay is horseshit, and no, I'm not referring to it's difficulty.

Kinda tired of people sucking those games' collective dick. They're okay at best.

I wouldn't call it horseshot, but it could definitely be better.
Bloodborne is probably the best souls game in terms of gameplay, amd it isn't even a souls game. Also notable is that it also surpasses the west's attempts at it's aesthetics (cosmic horror and HP Lovecraft era england)

>I wouldn't mind seeing it the other way around, but we all know that nobody is going to bother to learn anything about japanese fantasy beyond "lol ninjas and samurai"

Not exactly japanese fantasy, but Avatar:tla was a pretty hones atempt at east-asian flavored fantasy by westeners, and it worked out pretty damn good.

Fuck off back to /v/

JRPG fantasy Aesthetic is fucking disneyland at best.

Can they even do anything that's not ghibli or some kind of dark souls edgelord parody of fantasy?

Can you?

>and no, I'm not referring to it's difficulty
To what are you referring then?

Yeah, it's called "standard D&D aesthetics"

>Fuck off back to /v/
Please. /v/ hates anything that has to do with JRPGs.

I fully agree.

I still feel like there´s more worthwhile fantasy stuff from the western side, with: Black Company, Earthsea, Tolkien, Baldur´s Gate, Witcher, Warhammer (both), Guild Wars, etc.

I understand your point but aside from older jrpgs, Berserk, and the souls games what else is there?

As to ´Dark Souls is the best thing ever´, I do have to admit I didn´t even finish it.

Witcher is a good contender, and I respect Guild Wars, but it's not really traditional western fantasy, and the rest is (aesthetically) trash.

Wait, we were talking about art specifically?

Makes sense that there would be more stuff coming from two continents than from a single island country.
Actually a bit sad, the Japanese should make more western fantasy for diversity's sake.

I'm pretty sure, yeah. That seems to be the topic of this thread at least.

>Oh, don't mind us. Just proving you wrong for decades.

Is it a cute girl under the helmet?