Warhammer 40,000 General /40kgen/

Hidden Information edition
>Previous shithouse
>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI
>>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator
>As current as the FAQs get
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata
>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf
>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
>The Black Library (Eldar insert here):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

belloflostsouls.net/2017/01/40k-gather-storm-fall-cadia-info.html
youtube.com/watch?v=o1Qkzj5bStU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Where is an actual general?

gay

What are you up to today Veeky Forums?
I'm just redoing some bases and throwing some Agrax on them. Also I have to choose the Emperor as my best friend.

As i posted in AoS/gen/
3 Plaguebearers today until all of them are done

>my nig on the bases though

Don't post here, GGA. This is a shit thread.

Someone start a new, less shitty one.

Way too good for a table. Most of Tzeentch's table AT BEST helps both sides equally. In fact only really 2 rolls are exclusively good for the Daemon player (2 and 10)

>rending on 5+
More like all units with CC weapons gains Rending
>6s to hit in combat generate another hit
Yep. But add ALL units, including enemies
>all units can run and charge in the same turn
Yep. All units. Enemies too

>ALL units gain move through cover or if they have it gain +3 movement to all phases
FTFY
>-1 to movement

>on a 6 ALL units take 6d6 s1 ap- rending hits
FTFY

>enemy suffers -1 bs for +1 ws
>morale checks suffer -2 ld

Okay friendo

Who cares?

The farsight conclave sounds cool. Does it live up to its potential?

belloflostsouls.net/2017/01/40k-gather-storm-fall-cadia-info.html

>Six new Relics for Ecclesiarchy and six Mechanicum Relics, which can be used by the forces of the Adept Sororitas and Cults Mechanicum.

>Training for The Grand Convocation and Imperial Crusade – combines the Cult Mechanicus, Skitarii and the Imperial Knights in an army. The other combines the Black Templars and Adepta Sororitas .

Interesting. Assuming "Training" means detachments/formations. I imagine Admech players will be happy they don't have to mix more than they already do to use the new stuff, but I do like the idea of a BT/SoB army. I bet BT players are going to be disappointed if that's all they get though.

Non shitty thread
Move on over

actual general is here

remember, don't fuck with the general's layout or readability you goddamn inbred tau-supporter

I've already reported your transgressions against the emperor to the commissar

Why are you so butt-blasted over this? The thread lives less than a day, just wait it out.

Autism. That's all you need to know about thread wars.

>Creating redundant threads out of sheer autism

There was nothing wrong with this general until you showed up. Fuck off.

See, this is why I'm hesitant to get into the hobby. The models are neat and the content seems interesting, but the player base looks very rabid and disagreeable.

I might just stick to painting figures, IDK.

It's a standard sci fi setting fanbase. Bunch of grognards getting upset over lore, retcons and rules, though the spergs that start flamewars over utterly petty shit like what image to use in generals or a form of retard sadly unique to Veeky Forums.

Veeky Forums users are the minority, and autistic Veeky Forums users the loud minority.

that's consistent across fandom in anywhere. you can find people getting into fights over sports, politics, cars, dating, tv, and underwater basket weaving.

can't agree on all units being hit by 6d6 since it's replacing the slaanesh warp storm result, but giving everyone a buff would be nice

basically what said, Veeky Forums is a very vocal bunch of fucking retards that don't properly represent the fanbase. Visit your flgs or a gw store and watch some games if you want to see what the actual players are like, then just come back and share awesome painting and what you like about it. You don't need to be some frothing spaz to play or enjoy the game.

Has there ever been an instance in the fluff of a small squad of varying Aspect working together like pic related? You'd think what with Eldar being a clairvoyant race that can infiltrate just about anywhere with the webway, they'd get a lot of mileage from sending small teams spec ops on sabotage, assassinations, espionage or hit & run missions, but we only ever seem to hear about all out wars.

The only thing I can think of is Howl of the Banshee, where a squad of Banshees and a few other Aspects stop a Khornate daemon horde and its Herald from claiming the husk of a dead craftworld, but they were still organized into homogenous squads rather than mix and match.

I just want a story about Solid Scorpion going on a solo sneaking mission to assassinate some Imperial commander or sabotage/steal shit. Path of the Warrior at least showed they'll sometimes send a Scorp shrine to assassinate some Marines that'd be influential in orchestrating future wars against the craftworld.

THIS!

Is there a reason why you dumbshits think you need to have multiple 40k generals going at the same time?

Some spastic got upset the text was spoilered and thought that was good reason to create a duplicate.

Most of the people who play 40k are teens with rich parents who are socially awkward, but nice, and men in their late 20's-40's who are married and have a family. Like 90% of the people are nice and employed. We just sort of like to take our aggression out on each other here.

>the techpriest experiences lust

what kind of fucking idiot meatbag made this picture

Today I had my second game in 8 years.
A Necronfriend was using scarabs for cover and as a speedbump for my wraithblades, which was cool because I've never seen that before being a novice when I played before and an utter pleb now. Thing is, he was also using swarms as a cover save for his walker-vehicle-spider tank.
That can't possibly be right can it?
That those little guys count as cover for something that large?

How do I make my IG list better? I'm trying something weird and shitty, but I'd like to make the core army concept work. I'm gunning for 1850 points, but only have 1760 so far.

In essence, it runs cullexus assassins sat near a bunch of friendly psykers so that they get to shoot out 27 S5 AP1 shots (at BS8, 18") each per turn - and if they get focused down, then there'll be a shit load of angry psykers left to deal with.
The psykers are all organized into minimum size Psykana Divisions, which boils down to 35 points per warp charge.
I've put in a rampart division of bullgryns to give them all a 3+ cover save as they advance over the board.

The army as it stands is pretty shite; I think I need to find an alternative, more points-efficient way of giving the psykers protection, while also introducing something capable of taking down heavy armour. A third priority would be increasing the mobility of the blob. Sticking them into a transport is the obvious answer, but that adds a host of inefficiencies itself.

List;

Psykana Division (280pts) x3 = 840pts
1x primaris psyker, MC 2 = 75pts
3x wyrdvane psykers =180 pts
1x commissar = 25pts

Cullexus assassin (140pts) x3 = 420pts

Rampart Division: = 500pts
bullgryns 235 points
bullgryns 235pts
PCS 30pts

Total: 1760

It is I, Gabriel Seth, the most level-headed of Marines!

Seth, the Veritas Vitae Chaplain, and the 8-man Death Company roll in the Land Raider directly towards whatever is most in need of ripping and tearing. The other Chaplain drops in with the 10-man DC to clear blobs. Assault squads clean up heavy infantry and armor, Devastators do the same to tanks from the back line (They could ride in their Razorback, but it'd most likely just end up getting sent up the line to do similar tank hunting). Tacticals are a tax that I might as well take.

Thoughts?

Remember how WHFB combined all those armies, them limited limits on hero units, and gave out real cool rules and big models and everyone was like THIS IS SO AWESOME
Whatever happened to that game

>she isn't going to fuck you
I beg to differ

Only if it's partially obscured by them. Which it shouldn't be if it's on a skimmer base.

Considering what's left for my GK before moving onto the Harlequins.

Is traitor legions worth getting back into the game for? My CSM used to get the shit kicked out of them by the local Tau and Eldar big boy toys, not a great time versus all the loyalists either.

Kinda excited about admech now. Finally I can maybe wield my full range of models in some OTHER formation than War Convocation.

Inb4 Grand Convocation is 3x War Convocations in one.

>Triple Convocation

Entertaining family while I lament over not being able to paint. I've been getting days off from work pretty often now but every time I sit down to paint or model something comes up.

Have a quick, tiny kitbash of my mounted KDK lord. I was gonna put a marine backpack on him but I'm nervous about butchering his back to cut enough resin out to fit it.

you have objectively made a bad choice

is eavy armour worth taking in kill team?
Or I should I take more naked boyz?

Atm thinking about something like 2-3 deffkoptas and filler of shoota boyz.

>BuggerOffYouFuckingXenos.jpg
No shits given by the inquisitor.

I've got the Ork half of Stormclaw, 5 Stormboys, 20+ Slugga Boyz and still can't make a decent Kill Team.

Suggestions?

No boner, NO!
The commissar is looking at me.

Commissar. It's always commissar.

bumping cause there is no reason the 40k general should be on page fucking 9 when it's not on autosage

post your army's theme song
hard mode: no metal
Imperial Guard :
youtube.com/watch?v=o1Qkzj5bStU

>I literally can't read
This fucking disgusting general was nearly dead because you came along faggot.

The reason we abandoned it was because OP sucks shit so we moved on to a different general that wasn't full of fail.
It's up right now, it's on page 1, it's properly formatted and uses the meme image, you have no excuse.

So, 5 or 10 stormboyz?

If 5, do this

If you have 10 stormboyz, do this

>Oh yeah, I'm a Necron
I... don't quite get it. They don't need to get up? They sleep eternally?

So are Tau actually communists?

Still have 2 rows of just lasguns to base. Give me strength Veeky Forums

By rows I mean layers

Quick question: why do Blood Ravens have a black trim on their pauldrons? Isn't that only 5th company accoring to Codex colour scheme?

Its been stated that those are Detachments.

Real general is here

Bump

Fuck off retard.

Stop trying to start a thread war.

For the life of me I don't get why people do this.

>implying OP of the other thread is him
>implying is him
I'm . I was here when this thread was created. I've had it open in a tab since then. Just fuck off already. OP of this thread abandoned it and did so for good reason. It was nearly dead until some retard bumped it BECAUSE it was nearly dead.

Let it die.

>spoilers general
>not retard
pick one

That isn't the real OP of the thread you idiot, it's just shitposting trying to slip the threads.

>HURF DURF, I'M LITERALLY ASPERGERS AS FUCK
>NUT MUH IMAGE CUZ I HAVE BRAIN DAMAGE

The world would be better off if you slit your worthless throat cunt.

Retarded phonefags like the guy who made this general often complain they can't find the general in the catalog if it doesn't use the meme image. Fuck you.

Phone retards that are too fuckwitted to search "40k" in the fucking search function should be first in line for opening their throats.

>not using the now built-in search function
>not going to boards.Veeky Forums.org/tg/40k

Phone retards should just not post.

>I am honestly too fucking stupid to search for three fucking keys

I hope you actually die. I hope it's slow and painful, I hope it's as slow as you are stupid.

>thinking I'm the phonefag for some reason
Do you guys even read? I want phoneposters to leave.

Bump

>I'll make random accusations of phone posting to mask the stupidity inherit to my post!

Stop creating pointless generals you fucking cretin. Everyone on this fucking board hates you.

>Stop creating pointless generals
>He says while making a second general because he disagrees with the general image

>failed reading comprehension
I am posting from a PC.
>still implying I posted the current real general

But, thinking about it, you must be a phonefag, because only they could be this unironically retarded.

No, I know, that was a general comment, not directed at you.

>poster that is actually too dense to look at when a thread was created

Here he is, the stupidest man on Veeky Forums. Look at him and marvel at his inability to look at when a post was made. How is he actually THAT fucking thick?

>I want phoneposters to leave.
But I only browse 40kg at work :(

He's not actually upset about what you post from. He is genuinely SUCH an autist he is angered by whether you use spoilers or the right image, He is THAT much of a pathetic spastic. The good news is he will soon die of loneliness.

>Inquistors in charge of knowing what the fuck is going on

How about you get kidnapped by a Necron you massive retard?

Newbie here and starting eldar.
Where do I find the costs for eldar vehicle upgrades? There's nothing on the viper page or the upgrades page?

Any recommendations?

Drop the rips for more drones.

and yet no one is as ass blasted of you

Bump

Bump

You have to be fucking kidding me. This piece of shit was on page 10 and ready to die, again. Why did you fucking save it? Are you legitimately autistic?

not even him but you seem to be so to
constantly getting so fucking angry for no good reason
what the fuck is wrong with this one ? and don't say the general image cause that literally doesn't matter

Who'd be a good match for Belakor in combat?

Lion? Russ?

In fluff or tabletop?

>all of OP is spoilered
>by accident
>what the fuck is wrong with this one ?