Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Not a gay general edition

>Previous mouldy bread
>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>As current as the FAQs get
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Eldar insert here):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_odi1c7ErCg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Thanks, OP.

First for DON'T FUCK WITH THE GENERAL'S FORMATTING

How fun are farsight conclaves?

What are you up to today Veeky Forums?
I'm just redoing some bases and throwing some Agrax on them.

Pretty good, and they can actually melee if that's what you want to do.

Is cool to have a decent general.

Giving into the hate user?

Currently converting my Dreadknight. Giving him an armoured shell rather than open exoskeleton look.

Also would people be willing to look over my army list please? New to all this. Thought the Inq warband would be a great way to add some firepower.

I found someone responding to me a few threads back so I wanted to answer them

>Rending Punisher is great, and even better if you make him your Warlord so him and his buddy re-roll 1's to hit and wound. This is good because it helps you re-roll Gets Hot rolls for the Executioner.

>That's a load of bull. Gets Hot! Roll is a separate roll from to To hit. Check FAQ. PE doesn't affect it.

Here's the FAQ. I didn't believe it either at first.

How do i highlight?
Memeing aside i really don't see much of a difference between attempting to go over edges vs drybrushing

There a way to actually get a proper Black Tide going under 1000 points? Helbrecht seems like a must and Grimaldus' re-roll/FNP bubble certainly also is a HUGE help surviving, but unless I don't take any toys I can at max get 3 12-man squads in.

Do I remember correctly that Hive Fleet Behemoth was defeated when an Imperial Battleship kamakaze'd them by blowing up its warp drive? Was that a killy explosion or did they get sucked into the Warp? A bunch of Tyranids visiting the Daemon World of Cadia after Abaddon wins would be even more hilarious than the Octarian War.

Nth for space sharks! I've got a big game coming up, how does my list stack up, guys?
3500 Charcaradons
Vulkan is actually Tyberos
Terminators are troops
Tacticals all purchased ccws
Storm Raven is actually a Xiphon
Devastators and assault marines will combat squad for maximum carnage T2.

Also: swords, axes, or claws on assault sergeants?

rerolling 1s to hit=/=rerolling to hit

Well for your nurgle dudes maybe use rotten flesh or whatever the new GW color is called.

Never played in games that big but I played against a smaller squad of Space Sharks last night.

Rage is brutal!

I'm thinking of scouting an Inquisitor retinue of crusaders and SS+Plasma Acolytes upfield with a mystic to pinpoint deep strike scions early game. Is this retarded? Also do Mystics get the same upgrades as acolytes or does the wording imply if you make them mystics they get their laspistols and nothing else?

>land raider with five lightning claw terminators

are you me?

Yes but PE allows you to reroll Gets Hot rolls of 1 with weapons that dont roll to hit. Clearly said in the FAQ.

That's wrong. It's a re-roll to hit.

Is Nurgle's Rot what you're thinking of user?

>FOUR fucking generals up RIGHT NOW
get your fucking shit together /40kg/

Gotta make tyberos' rules worthwhile somehow! Plus their only job is to get Tyberos in charge range. He'll do the rest.

It certainly is, though I can't help but feel black Templars have the same chapter tactic but better.

Layer on mournland snowbase if that's what it's still named, wash agrax and drybrush bone.
Shit looks great.

HQ

Lhamean
Venom [Splinter Cannon]

Elites

8x Kabalite Trueborn
2x Trueborn [Splinter cannon]
Raider [Disintegrator cannon, Night Shields, Shock Prow, Splinter Racks]

Troops

4x Kabalite Warriors
Kabalite Warrior [Blaster]
Venom [Splinter Cannon]

4x Kabalite Warriors
Kabalite Warrior [Blaster]
Venom [Splinter Cannon]

Fast Attack

Razorwing Jetfighter [2 Dark Lances, 4x Monoscythe Missile, Twin-linked Splinter Rifle]

4x Reavers
2x Reavers [Cluster caltrops]

Scourge
4x Scourge [Haywire blaster]

Corpsethief Claw
2x Talos [Ichor Injector, Twin-Linked Splinter Cannon]
3x Talos [Chain-Flails, Twin-Linked Splinter Cannon]

Scalpel Squadron
4x Wracks
Wrack [Liquifier Gun]
Venom [Splinter Cannon]

4x Wracks
Wrack [Liquifier Gun]
Venom [Splinter Cannon]

Will this do senpaitachi

there's only two non-shit generals, one of which is bump limited

Might do it if I get some sexy Vostroyan auxiliaries user. And has Vostroya user been posting recently? I know he posted a few days ago.

I prefer ossefactors of my scalpel squadrons. Theyre a bit hit or miss. Also you are fairly low on AT. I would replace the venoms for the trueborn with 4 blasters, and the raider with splinter racks and shield for the regular mooks with a cannon.

Nurgles rot is a technical color to achieve some slimy effect, nothing I would use for highlighting. It seems the new name is Nurgling green, but I dont know if thats an exact match to the old rotting flesh color.

Hello again, GGA. Happy to hear you're taking that Agrax tip I mentioned! So what are you thinking for the rest of your guys? Are you doing the dirtied look?

And I never got to ask, but will you do the same on your vehicles? They're always easy to rough up, and it makes everything look coherent

Edge Highlighting gives a sharper cleaner finish, drybrushing gives a safter rougher finish. The former is better for smooth, manufactured surfaces like armor or doing detailed areas where drybrushing would get spill onto other finished parts of a model. Drybrushing is good for large organic surfaces like skin and fur, or for really big models like vehicles where you're painting a huge area similarly and are willing to sacrifice some precision for speed.

Generally, if you have steady enough hands to do neat highlights, the less you use drybrushing, the better your minis will look. That said, Plaguebearers are a pretty good candidate for drybrushing.

This tutorial illustrates the difference fairly well:
youtube.com/watch?v=_odi1c7ErCg

I'm using Nurgling Green for both dry, and the occasional edge - i like the deep green daemons desu

Thanks user

can't be helped, this happens every few months since people disagree on either the OP image, formatting, or some other inane thing

we should vote on it some time or draft some new OP images

Farsight enclaves let you secretly record units to destroy? What other armies let you have secrets?

Haven't seen any issues with the various images people have been using. This is just someone deciding to be cute with formatting ans another just forgetting the title.

Any with a transport :^)

Dark Angels

Not this shit again.

If you don't let an alpha legion player do that, you're the dick.

If my Dreadnought (a Walker) is embarked on a Stormraven (transport), is the Dreadnought a vehicle? If not since it's flying does that make it a FMC? Obviously it still wouldn't be a MC either way.

This mane, fucking nearly lost my shit when i saw how many highlight paints GW wanted me to buy just to highlight my dudes.

>2017
>not using a wet pallet

You're just letting your money dry up bruv

...So Sisters and Templars are getting a Crusade detachment. How fucked am I for playing both?

I can equip a Hive Tyrant with wings with a lash whip and bonesword + biocannon, right?

If yes, how the fuck do you model that?

Yes I'm seeing if some Agrax on them might help as well. If it doesn't look as dirty as I want I might buy the new paints next time I'm at GW. And the Demolishers are pretty dirtied up I just don't know what to do about the lighter Grey Russes.

How much of my time am I wasting if I try to use the Thousand Sons special rules outside of a Grand Coven?

>If yes, how the fuck do you model that?

The plastic kit uses the spikes on the feet to represent Scything Talons, though obviously that's not much help for a Lashwhip and Bonesword. You could convert the gun to be protruding from its back like an Exocrine, or built into the chest with just the muzzle emerging, like the bioweapons carried by Raveners.

lucky you then since it's a common complaint

>why isn't the OP using the meme image?! how can i find the general now?

4/10 GW put their hands down your pants but doesn't wanna go all the way or decurion with you. just a formation between friends while he texts the eldar player he's been eyeing for a while

Also is fantasy generally the same scale as 40k? I was thinking of using warriors of chaos for Crusaders and Acolytes.

Meme list ?

>Terminators
>obamas
>Malleus inquisitor

All AT in the world will be directed to your expensive shit-all Chimeras.

You don't even have any units with the Obama's to really game the weapon buffs.

Just use the bullshit new GK attatchment to get near-free DK's and skip the rest of the shit. (if you don't understand this part just kys)

Use obamas with storm bolter acolytes in 4-5 gunboat chimeras. Roll a D6 and put that many Inquisitors in your list.

Put a psyker in every squad.

Use the best of both codex and tell your opponent to suck your dick if he whines about it.

You can, and you shouldn't.
Dual twin-linked devourers with brainleech worms and wings with electroshock grubs.

Technically if you look at the feet they have scything talons on them. But for lwbs/cannon you will need to model him on the ground. Break the 6 limbs rule and snip off a set of vents replacing them with daemon prince wings or even standard tyrant wings. It will fit perfectly and will even be modeled closer to the ground for cover.

I have one with lwbs/maw claws and wings, but I dont have the picture for it.

Most Chaos Daemons are interchangable between 40k and Fanatasy and I keep seeing people use Skaven rifles on 40k models so I assume they are the same sized.

Yes, the dreadnought becomes a vehicle. Don't forget that if your dreadnought starts the game in a drop pod, it also becomes a drop pod. This rule also applies to infantry, so go ahead and enjoy that squad of tactical marines embarked in a Rhino that are now all tanks!

>No AT

How does it feel to get literally tank-shocked to death ?

It's like that scene in that one french movie where a girl gets anally raped in a tunnel.

That's how your army is going to feel after going against any mid-tier vehicle transport list.

>Razorwing
LOL

Do you have any pics of your tyranid army user?

I'm working on my Mortar teams atm.
Will post my finished Deathstrike when I get back from work.

>It's like that scene in that one french movie where a girl gets anally raped in a tunnel.
user I don't think that's Veeky Forums related.
But tell me more

Get hype. Crusade eternal, brother. Deus vult!

>Mortars

>Break the 6 limbs rule

DO NOT DO THIS

I SWEAR TO GOD

DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE

Well crap. At least I can build the ultimate witch hating army by taking a Crusader detachment add in a witch hating assassin, Null Rod Hereticus Inqusitor and some Sisters of Silence to make Eldar bitches cry tears of blood.

>Stormshield + Plasma acolytes
>BS3 WS3 T3 1A
>Is this retarded?

Are you the same retard I tabled that brought two massive groups of Power-Axe + Stormshield acolytes to the table ?

"Muh value" They cost over EACH 30p you fucking idiot

Thank you fellow Guard bro.
My lads would be honored to share a shot of space Vodka with yours.

I have a few of my objective markers, sporefields and custom harpy/hive tyrant. But not of my full force.

This is kind of what I was talking about though, daemon prince so gs on carnifex bodies fit perfectly. Tail is flying tyrant tail upside down. Makes him look like he's corkscrewing.

Jeez never noticed the chipped paint on the muzzle...

>8x Kabalite Trueborn
>2x Trueborn [Splinter cannon]
>Raider [Disintegrator cannon, Night Shields, Shock Prow, Splinter Racks]

that is waaaay to expensive for what it brings to the table
also given two splinter cannons it wants to stand still therefore you dont need the shockprow

I think Liquifier guns are too expensive as well.

>>Razorwing
>LOL

Razorwings are pretty good though, by Dark Eldar standards. They're the best anti-air option we have, don't cost too much, and the missiles+Lances mean it'll never find itself without a decent target.

What army did you play?

JUST make sure two apply two thin coats

Reminds me of Space Godzilla in a way.

Anybody know any more info about that new dark Eldar box game that's coming out? Release date? Price? Contents? All I know is from the GW community blog.

My old OOOOOLD vanilla sister of battle list.

Absolutely RAPED him.

I have no idea why Inquisition 'generals' are so fucking daft. They keep trying to find awesome "loopholes" in the "new" garbage codex.

There's 1-2 things that stand out, that's it.

Anyone know when the new WD is actually out?

5pts in a 30pts Platoon command squad that can snipe special weapons is worth it in my book, user.

And my boys fight shoulder-to-shoulder with rifle fire and bayonet with your troopers, guard user.

Power armor and storm bolters then? Crusaders used as the defensive wall instead?

Sporefields

Yeah I guess. The tyrant looks pretty sweet with carnifex heads for hands. "Maw" claws. He's a bitch to stow away, though.

need to update that, make the sister thicker

7th.

First wait 5 months time or February, depending on your leak source.

Meh. M36 power armour made by a church will never be as paper thin as the magic armour designed by the Emperor for the Sisters of Silence (who likely wear real corsets and not ones that just look corsets).

this is gonna sound mean; but how often are you denying psychic powers with adamatium will? self buffing powers are more useful like invisibility or prescience and i see those used a lot more then psychic shriek

when i'm denying powers i'm using at least 6 dice for every 3, 4 for force weapons because fuck you grey knights i'm not losing my greater daemons that easily

>lost the ability to make sexy armour like the eldar

I am ok with this, it actually kind of makes sense

where's the write-faggotry about celestine mopy and pouty because her new armour is much heavier than her old armour, also the old armour was much more durable due to superior technology

will we get more genstealer stuff soon?
they feel unfinished to me

you can't deny force weapon activation

Psychic hating assassin, and Sisters of Silence allies were mentioned because they fuck with enemy psykers and their warp charge pool.

no, their book is finished

you're more likely to get an actual 'nid codex than more gsc

Because Celestine's armour is from ~M36 and was nicked from a tomb and has always been the same armour?

Power armor acolytes + Storm bolters
+ Xeno Inquisitor with PA and all grenades
+ Obama monkeys
+ Psyker

The monkeys give them all +2 armor and another extremely OP freebie for your stormbolters.

It's all expensive but much better than you were planning to do.

>AW
What? The Null Rod and SoS both make psychic powers simply cease to exist. Fuck AW, they just cannot be targeted by powers, period.

yes you can, force is a psychic power and uses warp charges

How many monkey?

Two. It has always been two. More you risk entering the loophole of nothing

All of the monkey.

no, in imperial agents stacking many monkeys is fine

Which is the objectively worst space marine chapter?

Fluff or crunch wise?

blood angels if you believe ITC tournament results

your chapter if you believe skub posting

ultramarines if you believe old memes

Marines Malevolent or Steel Confessors

Fluff, I'm thinking Lamenters but maybe there's some obscure chapter of clusterfucks that I somehow missed?