>Question of the day
What's more broken? Nexus or Sifr?

>What is Android: Netrunner?
youtube.com/watch?v=VAslVfZ9p-Y

>Official FFG News & Spoilers site:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/android-netrunner-the-card-game/
boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/24049/netrunner-spoilers

>Official FAQ (post-MWL), Compendium on rulings, and common mistakes
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/95/7a/957a59a2-5fe6-4961-96fa-47560f337346/adn_faq_v31.pdf
ancur.wikia.com/wiki/Project_ANCUR_Wiki
reddit.com/r/postalelf/comments/2sm1d2/welcome_to_netrunner/

>NAPD Most Wanted List
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/c4/16/c41672be-a776-443a-8e35-49a3f581f603/adn_tournament_regulations_v113_text_version.pdf

>Card List and Data Pack Details:
netrunnerdb.com/
blackat.co.uk
acoo.net
github.com/shyndman/ono-sendai (requires build)

>Deckbuilding Resources:
netrunnerdb.com/
meteor.stimhack.com/
acoo.net
cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android-netrunner-deck-builder (not recommended)

>Articles and Blogs:
stimhack.com/
self-modifyingcode.com/
runawaynode.wordpress.com/
sneakdoor.wordpress.com/
netreadyeyes.wordpress.com

>Podcasts
runlastclick.blogspot.ca/
canlaugh.com/nerdrunners/
northerngamingnetwork.com/tagme/
thewinningagenda.com/

Try "Why I run", great for prospective Runners looking for a hands-on demo on how Running works (replace spaces with dots):
www nagnazul com/whyirun/whyirun.html

Play Netrunner online (replace spaces with dots):
Jinteki net

AutocardAnywhere is a Chrome/Firefox/Opera/Safari extension to get quick access to cards while browsing a site.

Check out the WIP 1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Android:_Netrunner

Other urls found in this thread:

laleann.deviantart.com/art/Jessica-505669767
imgur.com/a/UUUD9
ancur.wikia.com/wiki/Link_Strength
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Previous thread:

First Monkey King, now this...
At least MK will eventually be nerfed into balance, SIFR will just get MWL'd, which fixes nothing.

To be honest, I think nobody but jankers are actually going to play Sifr.

You know how Security Nexus is good? Yeah, SIFR is cheaper to install and use, only costs 1inf and has Parasite and Atman synergy.

Nah, it's pretty amazing - once per turn, at essentially no cost, you can make your breakers break the strongest ice on the table for nothing but the cost of their subroutines.
And it combos with parasite, and Atman.
And it's 1 inf, cheaper than Nexus, and requires no other setup. And it has 2 MU, because why not.

Huh, so I love building up my collection of netrunner art - I often check new cards, and then a few months later, to give them time to get the okay from FFG - though occasionally artists put them up really fast.
Now a lot of artists don't put their art up at all, which makes me sad, and some I can't even find.

Sunya looks cool, thought I might as well search the artist.
Found a few blogs, but, as to be expected of a card not officially released, it's not there.
This is though laleann.deviantart.com/art/Jessica-505669767
Don't think it's blue board safe, though technically it should be

I don't know man. Infinite influence? You thought the Professor abusing the MWL was bad? Welcome to your Dumblefork Crim meta.

It's a draft ID, they all have infinite influence, strong abilities and small decks - it's also only to 6 points

He was joking.

>thankyouforexplainjngthejoke.jpg

>strong abilities
WHERE
Syfr ability is literally worse than Jesminder's, and she's shaper!

I didn't want to assume. But ya, I feel thick.

Now I feel really thick when you point that out

Here's hoping the corp side of Quorum is as good as the runner side, jeez

8 runner cards - the last one being Peace in Our Time, 109, and 5 corp cards known:
Violet Level Clearance 111, Chiyashi 112, Veritas 116, Bryan Stinson 117, NASX 118

Pic related is one of them, but other than that, we don't know much - 4 cards split between NBN, Jinteki, and possibly (but unlikely) Weyland, 1 more HB card, 2 neutral to round out the cycle

I don't really think Nexus is broken.

And as much as I certainly don't like Sifr one bit, I don't have it in me to join the crying to heavens bandwagon.

Parasite, Atman, but also to a lesser extent Inti or even Pipeline,, Stealth breakers (don't have enough stealth credit to pump all your breakers? Doesn't matter, can reduce ICE str for an almost inexistent cost).

Anyone confirmed whther Marron can trigger with no tag or not?

Nexus requires the deck to support it, ie. lots of link, decent money, etc. For Sifr, ending with 4 in hand can be scary vs kill decks, but otherwise inconsequential.

To be fair, I think there would've been substantially less doom and gloom over Sifr if players weren't already sick and tired of ice destruction plays, despite "how do you remove ice?" being probably the most often asked newbie question. We're definitely in need of support of vertical plays soon.

This is cool - glad Cuj.0 isn't the only in faction Anarch Killer alternative to Mimic anymore... but after the concentrated awesome that was the Persephone reveal, it does feel a bit stale.

Bump

To be fair, Sifr doesn't really help that much vs asset spam/FA, and glacier was already getting wreaked even before that.

For all we know, it could end up like clot, which can result in something akin to that vicious cycle of FA being suppressed until no one slots the clot, and FA rises again as a surprise.

As it is, there have been some store champs where glacier won because of a mysterious lack of kittens, and the runners generally teched towards no-show CTMs.

I mean MKUltra is also a thing and it's not *terrible* in it own right.

Thought of an errata for Sifr, appended after the "reduce strength to 0" line.

"The encountered ice may not be trashed by a card effect until the end of the runner's turn."

Wording can still be modified, but this would solve people's complaints about ice trashing while keeping Sifr's ability. Doesn't really help glacier, sure, but atleast you get to keep that 10+ cost you took the trouble of rezzing for a bit longer.

It should be obvious but Sifr synergy works best with Null's breakers, the ones that pumps themselves after breaking all subs.

Just play on Jinteki.net

That'd be a pretty big errata - they tend to be smaller than that

Now I'm wondering if any runners (other than PSK) use memes.

I bet Whizzard does.

I'm optimistic that they'd dare to do big changes with the errata when you consider Astroscript, though I suppose none of the errata'd cards got their core function changed significantly. Probably likelier that we'd get a (unique, because of course) upgrade that prevents ice trashing instead.

Eh, last thread I had a posited a few ideas for anti-trash upgrades, but I would not be surprised if any they do make are unique.

The basic idea was: "When/the first time a piece of ice protecting this server is trashed during a run [do thing]", where [thing] could be: damage, trashing runner stuff, gaining credits, may derez instead of trash, installing something from archives, give tags, etc.

Or just making ice which can't have it's strength altered.

Maybe I'll make some mockups on GRNDL card creator

But yeah, I hope we get some serious Sifr hate, and quickly.
At least the new crim card that's pure BN hate has a basically direct counter coming up in pic related (which, honestly, is just damn cool)

Saw those, and while great, I think someone mentioned corp decks not really having the slots for silver bullets, and I agree. Ice trash hate rather than specifically Sifr would be good, or atleast make recovery easier, while still being flexible in use like with Friends in High Places.

Hunter-Seeker is pretty good since it lets the corp profit from something that will happen every game. Just need to have it in hand, or Consulting Visit.

It i, but then it enables a lot of other stuff too. At one influence a pop.

Forgot MKUltr on the list but the idea remains the same: this cycle gave alterrnatives.

As errata I'd rather they went with "hand size reduced to one" rather than "by one". Won't solve all issues raised, but at least there's a tangible cost. Which to me is the most aggravating about the effect. On top of being so powerful, it might as well cost you nothing.

Current: cards cannot be trashed (goodbye Geist).

The Damon Stone leaving announcement really cold showered my local community.

A lot more than I would have believed.

"Announcement"

Already resolved by the way. Turns out he wrongly selected a few things while messing with privacy settings or something, he's here to stay.

Ya he was getting attacked by some Gamergaters so he had to lock down his account.

What about "hand size is reduced by one until the end of *your* next turn? That would effectively mean that if you're trying to use it every turn then your max hand size is down to three and even if you stop running for a couple turns the effects don't disappear immediately.

Nice, had totally missed that development... and I'm not the only one it seems.
I true. Will have to take everything if a bigger grain of salt.

Something we were talking about last year that fell through the crack, and now that I'm back in the game I'm going to try an push for: Core ban play.

The way Flashpoint expanded the card pool makes it a lot more manageable; and I'm thinking it could actually be healthy.

>Core ban play.
You mean banning core cards? It certainly make some interesting decks, and I always like going flavourful with my IDs, like playing with cards inside the cycle, like SanSan NBN cards, or going full Nfr with Null.

Do you have a pitch to support that?

Oh, nice image. How'do you make it?

>he doesn't already have a folder full of netrunner images downloaded from this general

I followed a tutorial, like a thousand years ago. It was really easy but I was disappointed with the result, so I didn't make more.

I didn't really need a pitch, this was a collective idea (at least last year, don't know how it will be taken when I re-introduce it tomorrow, but I can't see it being unwelcome).

Everyone can notice how so many of the problem cards are in Core. Trouble was that so many basic - well core - cards with no replacement were there too so you had to work on a case by case basis.
But now that we seemingly have enough of everything while removing all core cards, the experiment is worth attempting I'd say.

Certainly some core econ is going to be missed, but I do think it should be manageable. And if it's not, well at least it will be educational.

You know, I never did see one of these for the Greenhouse

Greehouse is just too shy.

Core ban play seems fun, probably a good way to revitalize an old community that already has the entire card pool. Maybe give new players a handicap by letting them use core sets while they're learning?

Idk, depending on how it turns out, I'll give Core Directive (ie 1 core + 42) only mode a go first instead.

Granted it only really supports 4 out of the 7 factions, but still its a good way to introduce new players with just 2 purchases from the start.

The good thing is that we have 3 copies of each card cycle in the club pool ( which led to that fun auction buy deck-build end of year event)... so most new or unable to upgrade players should have access to enough cards to make something playable.

That being said, if anyone comes with a core-using deck, not going to refuse play.

H

Core + Terminal Directive is definitely something I'm looking forward... but at the same time, some of the shenanigans you can potentially pull with the expanded card pool (if only Turntables) seem pretty fun.
Need to have a better idea of how this will all work tough.

>Granted it only really supports 4 out of the 7 factions,
We don't know enough about TD to be sure about that yet. Core 42 will be definitely something to pull the new players in though. If we can get some form of official premade decks (balanced, but not necessarily competitive), it'll definitely make the game more newbie friendly.

>club pool
That's actually a damn good idea, I'll pitch the idea to my local community, see if we can setup donations or something to cover payment for several packs to our FLGS owner. He has something similar setup for MtG, maybe he'd be willing to do it with Netrunner too.

bump

While not impossible, its pretty hard to see how MN/PE/Noise can make significant use of the stuff in 42 the same way as the 4 supported factions in comparison.

I mean that we don't know if only 4 factions are being supported, it's still a possibility that all 7 factions get new cards in Terminal Directive instead of just the 4 that we know definitely get enough to make prebuilt decks out of.

A possibility, but a fairly slim one I think.

That said, I could see Jinteki wanting to help screw over HB, and NBN always likes to cover events and strengthen their position - from a mechanical standpoint, there could be something SEA Source-esque as a support card - like City Surveillance to catch the murderer.

And with anarchs there's always the Human First factor

Perhaps they might get their own campaign box in the future, but as it is, their respective big boxes more then make up for the presumed lack of presence in 42.

Wonder why shaper got a presence in 42, considering how strong C&C was for them. Still, not like Anarch need more support, and it's hard to make up more stuff for the mini-runners.

I really doubt there will be another campaign box.

Depends how well this one does really, and possibly how long 'legacy' games remain in vogue

The setting at least is good for 'story telling' with games

Marilyn and Hunter Seeker are atleast 20 cards apart, so there's definitely room. While I wouldn't be against a "2 Runner, 2 Corp" focus box, if it had cards for all the factions then it would make TD the best next purchase after the core set, except maybe the deluxe of a new player's favourite faction.

While I wouldn't mind another campaign box either, that would only increase the non-rotation pool, and would only have already strong factions (mini-runners aside) left as candidates assuming the card numbers are being 'balanced' numbers wise.

That would be interesting, but that would only leave at most 2-3 per non featured faction, and there is no guarantee they would actually be useful, even at low inf.

Given the number of know cards from the example deck lists in the Terminal Directive manual, I don't think we're getting cards from other factions but the 4 mentioned. Wouldn't make much sense.

Not to mention, I'm seeing Anarch getting two new runners and their whole base rig in Flashpoint as a way to keep things balanced (at least in number of options )with the release of TD.

I just hope they don't commit non- rotating mistakes in TD like Same Old Thing, Clone Chip, AstroScript and Breaking News.

Quorum corp spoilers: imgur.com/a/UUUD9

Macrophage looks cool, but wtf is that str/cost ratio on Tribunal?

Nothing good then. Exquisite.

I'm... left dubious by the wording on Net Quarantine.

Herald dead on arrival?

Macrophage is cute.

Monkey King?

In Dota.

Yeah, not sure if NQ is before of after all your hardware and shit.
If it's after, then it's pretty decent - a 4/2 NBN might actually use (which they may well need, what with all the hate Breaking News has gotten in the community)
If it's before then it's pretty lame - at most it saves you 2c, but the money thing is still nice

Yeah, Herald looks lame.

Macrophage's neat, but I'm not too sure how it'll fair in our current, high-link environment. Fun for forcing a purge if you have the credits though. Tribunal does hit hard enough that the cost is probably justified, pretty silly regardless.

While Psychokinesis isn't exactly an upgraded Precognition, it probably works similarly enough that it would be preferred over the latter. HB's agenda seems neat as a semi-Nisei. Too bad they don't have Titan.

Net Quarantine is interesting, but definitely seems pretty win-more. Probably going to hurt the bypass part of Security Nexus. Herald is probably a Pop-up replacement, pretty costly to break with anything but Yog, as per usual.

Nothing exciting I suppose, nothing to protect against Sifr either which is the biggest disappointment.

Base link strength usually refers to after any link upgrades you have I think, though I don't have a source for that.

Base link is the link strength you have when a trace starts, basically.

The base idea to me seems like it's only meant to work during a trace - given the first 0 Link str clause, but the wording makes it look like installing Link cards (whenb you install a Rabbit Hole, you *are* spending money to raise your link) could trigger it too... which would be fairly oppressive to Link decks. Which don't really need that, I think.

Yeah, but the second clause doesn't mention *base* link.

Just link.

Hence the possible confusion.

Oh yeah, but that refers to raising your link strength from the base-level during a trace. I felt it was fairly obvious, but I can see why it's a tad confusing.

Technically you're "installing a card", the increase in link is just a side effect of that action.

Yeah, I know.

Advancing is putting an advancement counter, but putting an advancement counter isn't advancing.

One can see how it can be confusing though.

On the one hand, I dig Herald kinda adding the biblical theme in NBN... on the other, I'm never going to see this card and not think of the Monty Python.

How many of you have actually played the old netrunner?

I did. Still miss some old cards too. Not so sure about the old trace/link mechanic.

-(I demand Cockroach!)

>When you use Best Girl to trash a fully loaded Personal Workshop
Had a console, 2 hoppers, the stealth AI, a clone chip and a couple of other programs

Truly the best

Get rekt Smoke.
I always fear that with my Supplier. So I never fully load it.

It actually was Smoke as well.

And later, the crater where her apartment was was smoking, because I scorched her ass.

I think they got an SMC out before Mills turned up, but their deck was doing something weird with Haemorrhage

Yeah, I can't imagine who else is going to play Dai V.

Supplier is not something i'll keep fully loaded usually, since it takes time to push out all the stuff there, and most of said stuff are better out asap anyway.

That said, even losing one of the 1/2-offs hosted on it sucks big time.

Perhaps ze Professor? Until he respawns into her anyway.

>Hemorrhage

Such a cool card. Smoke wouldn't be my first target for it, but hey...

Between Macrophage, The Archivist and Persephone, I can't wait to experiment with virus-less Anarch Link/bad Pub builds.

So Val respawning into E.Kim essentially?

Pfffffff... ye of little faith.

Reina Roja.

Bump

What fluff is there for this game, and does anyone have any on them?

>What fluff is there for this game
Quite a lot, thinking about it.

Each datapack and big box comes with a lore insert - scenes, events, media, conversations or just information from the world.
Much like everything else in netrunner, there's no one compendium of it, but most of it is online somewhere.

A fair bit of lore comes just from cards themselves.

There's also the other games in the Android universe (Android, Mainframe, New Angeles and the OOP Infiltration), which also come with small (very small, in some cases) snippets of lore and such.

There's also the Android novels (Free Fall, Strange Flesh, the Identity trilogy) and novellas (Monster Slayer, Monitor, and soon Exodus) - the hardcopy versions of the latter come with about 15 pages of bonus lore - which, kindly, anons have scanned/photographed.

And last but by no means least there's the big Worlds of Android lore book, which is 270-odd pages of nothing but lore, and is great.
I'm photographing my copy (I'd scan it if my scanner worked), but at a rate of "whenever I feel like doing a section" - I'll be putting it in a pdf when I'm done.

>most of it is online somewhere.
My most feared words, for my google-fu is weak.

I'm honestly more interested in the fluff than the actual game itself. Mostly because I'd rather play the game physically with my brother than over the internet. And slightly because there are no board-game shops where I live.

I'll be sure to cheer you on with your efforts though, and be sure to read the lore behind this world.

>What's more broken? Nexus or Sifr?

The Prof can play Sifr... if that's not a sign of being broken, I don't know what is!

ANCUR seems to imply your link strength is Base (from ID) + Cards Installed + Cash paid.
ancur.wikia.com/wiki/Link_Strength

Looks like Sunny will have to be more aggressive. If NQ gets scored, that can be an easy Game Over. BOOM goes the ID.
Seems that the real strength of NQ is forcing runners to break tracers (Gutenberg on R&D is scarier) or forcing them to pay out if they want to evade the trace. Some tracers have subs you just don't want to eat (looking at you, assassin). Then again, 4/2 in NBN is might be difficult to score without EoI shenanigans.
Is this was heralds Data Doge's and Salvage's rise to glory? No clue. Not my job, I P.L.E.A.S.E.

>Base (from ID)
This is what I'm hoping it's not, but honestly it's not terrible either way.
And I think the cash thing stacks, which is nice (having Surveillance Sweep is in play is just icing on the NBN Trace Cake)

I think ANCUR is wrong here, page 20 of the core rules literally says:
>The Runner’s base link strength is equal to the
>number of links (~) he has in play. The Runner increases his
>link strength by one point for each credit he spends.

Pros:
>costs nothing to use,
>less to play,
>less to put in your deck (and free for anarchs),
>less to install,
>can't fail to be used,
>synergizes with cutlery and parasite.
>2 MU

Cons
>no link
>encounter effects
>still have to break the subs

HMMMMMM.

Profesifr with Atman @ 0 and 3x Clone, 3x Parasite is a pretty interesting prospect, though he can't rebirth

Professor can only have 1x Parasite.

Doh. Yeah, that's what I meant

Nice catch. Seems that NQ's stronger than I thought. I wonder if surveillance sweep will see the light of day now.

Taking a trace routine or spending 6 to watch the corp spend 1 and make you eat the trace anyway is very much a lose-lose decision.

Is this too dark to read?