/hhg/ - Horus Heresy General

Holiday Loot Edition

>WIP Support Sub-Edition

Prev Thread: >HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8 (embed)
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp (embed)
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub (embed)
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC
>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764 (embed)
>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318 (embed)

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

As for WIP, I've made (what I feel) is a suitable Lightning Primaris using only parts from the Stormhawk/Talon box (longer tail and wider wings), and now I'm figuring out what I want to do to turn my Stormraven into a Stormeagle

EXPLAIN THIS

Can't fight the volkite

I don't like that SoS picture.

This being what I have, prior to my decision to hit the pauldrons with Warplock bronze and the Biel Tan Wash.

Forgot the image.

Nth for just bought a Leviathan Dreadnought! I haven't been this excited for a model in a while!

What am I in for lads?

Fourth thread is for the IVth legion :^)

ignored in last thread ;_;

Them pretty wings...but surely you'll paint the blade and pistol some other color?

As a Burgeoning BA Brethren, I enjoy this greatly. Where did you get those wings?

That's a nice gundam

puppetswar who are based in Poland I believe. They take a while to process orders tho

standard black and silver for bolter, I was thinking maybe blue for the blade?

Is that with the IF bolter bonus?

It's me, Word Bearer user.

Is that IW or IH? I'm really sorry, but without the unique pauldrons I genuinely can't tell. The IH have the blue eyes, though, right?

Aw, I was going to post it.

SO I'm considering running an ironfire allied detachment, with a primary detachment of ordo reductor, 12 medusas all up, how effective will this be?

You seem scattered, user. Come board my Tormentor :^)

On the cheese/WAAC side of effective.

Neither, I want to create a scheme using elements from both.

The Ironfire's (and any RoW really) benefits remain caged (;^)) in their own detachment. As such the only Medusae that would gain extra accuracy would be the IW's, not to mention you wouldn't have many IWs to make use of Fearless.
And I'm not mention it because nobody seems to use Fearless.

Hey, if you used Hammer of Olympia, would you get access to two Deredeos as allies? Because two Lascannon Deredeos as Interceptor and anti-air support would fix the ONE weakness of Reductor :^)

>mixing armour marks
>halberd still has sprue on it
>teeny tiny jump pack
>worst legion
git gud, then try again later

Why won't iron fire effect mechanicum?
it just says Barrage weapons targeted within 12" of friendly iron warriors units

Daily Reminder that Inferno will be delayed.

And they are indeed Sworn Brothers...
Oh, I'm not sure anymore, user.
You have been saying that all year long!

I don't think it is, only a BS of 4.

Any body have the mega to the advent stories?

I keep hearing people talking a bout Assault Marines being good.

Why is this user?

Why did Robert Gullible copy the Tyrant Siege Terminators?

Got cheaper.

because hes an unorignal lazy fuck

Because, at the end of the day, he saw it was a formation with lots of potential that worked.
So he copied and improved upon it the same way he did with the RG's Ashen Blind, "PROVING HIMSELF ONCE AGAIN THE MASTER OF ALL OF THE MYRIAD DISCIPLINES OF WAR

Pert's face when some of the more technologically adept Tyrants replace the cyclone missile launchers on their cataphractii-pattern armor with volkite culverins.

Cheaper fast scoring unit that can still be 10-20 man strong and have characters attached with no penalties

You mean this?

Should I cosplay Corvus?

I named that pic "user Pulls a Paramar".
Do as you want. None of the Daughters look like their Primarch dads at all.

Not Cora. Corvus.

Cora a qt tho

If he sees a something good he's not too proud to copy it unlike most of the other autists.

You cannot win Dornahld.
My legion of siege breakers will tear down your pitiful walls and take the accolades.
Accolades rightfully deserving to me. Not you, Dornahld.
Man your walls Dornahld.
Man your walls.

>>Can you stop a Spartan before it unloads its cargo? Alternatively can you slow down the Spartan or tarpit its cargo?
Yes and yes. Grav Rapiers will reliably do 3 HP a turn, Lightnings can Turb-Kraken them, etc. Deathstars are hard to do well with if your opponent is prepared(IE ready to pop a spartan by turn two). It's Assault Rams you have to watch out for.

Deathstars are usually slow, save Corax, Curze, and at times, Mortarion. So if you pop their transport in the middle of no where and play the mission you'll win.

>>Can you deal with multiple AV14 + AV13 vehicles?
Yes. Lightnings, Sicaran Venators, Grav weapons, quad mortars with shatter shells, etc. There is kit to take down anything. The trick is which fits into your army the best.

>>Can you deal with moderate to plentiful AP2/3 blasts, such as Quad Mortars, Medusas and Scorpius?
This is the current bane of of the meta. Ironfire and Ordo Reductor are the worst offenders. There is a point, looking at you Reductor with 6 medusas and 6 krios venators, where you just can't. But that level WAACing will not earn you friends.

>So what are other common problems that are typically encountered?
Rock, paper, scissors. There are a lot of Rites of Wars, armies, wargear, and units and it can easy to win hard or lose hard if you're not aware of it all. Build your army slowly, unless you just love certain models and can't live without them(thats destroyers for me) and read up on the net to see what some look like so you don't accidentally build a rock list that falls to a popular paper one.

Destroying Spartans is also one area where the Falchion gets to do something, seeing that Flare Shield has no effect on str. D.

You could say Destroyers are your poison?

I would probably be sanctioned for tech heresy if I were fighting during the Siege of Incaladion as one of the IVth. Cyclone missile launchers firing micromissiles with compact vortex warheads. Twin-linked carapace darkfire cannon. Combilas-volkite bolter. Self-repairing cataphractii-pattern with fast recharging compact field generators...

See, you say that, but an average of 2HPs is not great. It only does one actual pen at AP2 so you need at least a 5 to immobilize it. D got nerf'd haaaaaaaaaaard.

Falchions are only good at fighting other super heavies to stun them. Then its sits at 560 points. Thats pretty expensive. Would be hilarious against titans though if only they didnt have those pesky void shields.

Bottom line is that the Flachion is terrible and other things can do it's job better and/or cheaper. But it is the prettiest.

kek

Scoring a penetrating hit that does D3 HP on a Flare Shielded Spartan on 2+ is better than most anti-tank weapons. Not only will it lose hull points, you get a chance to Immobilize it or even Explode it. And on a 6+ you destroy it completely from just the HP damage.

Yes but you need to stop thinking inside a vacuum. There is a point cost attached to that weapon, and suddenly the weapon is shit.

It can do damage, but it is not at all worth the sticker price of a Falchion.

And you need to learn to read, because I never, ever said the Falchion is the absolute bestest Spartan destroyer in the galaxy, I said that it's an area where it gets to do something. As in besides trolling super-heavies and sucking shit. As in if you have one and really like to field it, you can at least take comfort in the fact that you can shoot Spartans with it.

Your entire point was singing the praises of the Falchion's main gun, you did not post a single negative, you were responding to someone saying the gun was bad. But in your heart, you know you did not like it and everyone else should be able to feel that through your beautiful expressive text.

Keep fagging on

But the Spartan would be stunned (and immobile) on a 3+. That's a gud consolation price.
>The Falchion is the absolute bestest Spartan destroyer in the galaxy
-user, 2017
:^)

The fact that you got that out of "gets to do something" is amazing, but whatever floats your boat, man, I guess you know better than me what I said.

>The Falchion gets to do something
>"Ode to the Falchion 017M3"
Not either of you anons, I simply find misunderstandings funnier than tv.

Things that also kill Spartans:
>Str10 Barrages
>Haywire guns
So, Ordo Reductor Medusae with Vultarax support, as long as they can afford it.

>is better than most anti-tank weapons

Grav rapiers do 3HP a turn. Across two turns the Spartan is dead. 225 points.

A lightning will do about 3HPs and 2 pens at AP1. 230.

Both the above can be taken in pairs at the cost of a single Falchion.

Two Sicaran Venators will flank it and do 2HP with a pen at AP1. 380.

3 Medusa. 2.5HP. AP1. 465.

Just to name a few. The Falchion is outclassed by some of the most common AT in the game. In cost and damage.

The one single thing the Falchion has going for it is Primary Weapon for two chances to fish for a 6 on the D chart. But that alone does not make it worth that price tag.

>But the Spartan would be stunned (and immobile) on a 3+. That's a gud consolation price.
More like a "You Tried" sticker.

Can seige breakers take bikes? Im at work trying to fill out a list and don't have my books on me.

If a transport isn't going anywhere, losing HPs and getting its accuracy turned to shit is an added prize.
>Grav rapiers do 3HP a turn
Last time I checked they lacked Relentless and Lascannons outranged them by 12". But I checked a long time ago and Grav Rapiers indeed can't be ignored.

Not really saying anything about the Falchion, but legions should be able to get Valdors. Don't they do something similar?

yes. They don't have wargear restrictions, although I don't know why you want that since he only confers art of destruction rule to infantry

While the grav rapiers are outranged, I would imagine that they are parked next to your front lines, where the spartan is presumably driving straight towards?

What are valdors?

Oh and you can get a Shadowsword for 470 with BS4.

>Last time I checked they lacked Relentless and Lascannons outranged them by 12"
And? The Spartan is coming to you and lascannons don't have haywire and are S8 against the Flare Shield.

>Valdors
Sicaran Venators

I was talking about the Spartan's lascannons outranging the Rapiers' grav cannons, but 's point makes more sense.

So how does one deal with Grav Rapiers parked in ruins? :^)

Are Tyrant Siege Termies worth taking anymore?

The Rapiers have 2 ablative wounds each, with proper stacking you would have to eat through 4 unsaved wounds to kill one. They should be parked in a 4+. Spartan should be moving 12" a turn to get in range so it's only firing one weapons using PotMS and that's one unsaved wound a turn. If it's only going 6" then your other AT should behaving a field day.

Why wouldn't they be?

Because they're Heavy Support now, and that slot is far too valuable to be wasted on a squad that likely won't make up their point cost. So some say.

That's assuming it's a straight Spartan vs. Rapiers fight and the enemy won't be using something else to fuck with the rapiers.

50pts. more and it can be BS5.

While it's almost 100pts. cheaper, you're also losing the Neutron generator, twin-linked and 4 TL lascannon shots.

Man, I just thought the Falchion looked cool... Should stop buying what I think is cool and just WAAC like everyone else.

>and the enemy won't be using something else to fuck with the rapiers.
That's why I'm asking. I mean using a Spartan as a gunship to deal with Rapiers is wasteful indeed.
I was thinking Assault marines: can lock them in melee and/or sweep them.
I think FW confirmed to one user that pic related is the correct designation: Elites.

And you'll also have more things to fuck with the spartan.

They also say their an Elite in the IW general rules. Wouldn't be the first time the messed up like this. Javelins have the Lord of War symbol on their sheet.

Tyrants will also never be bad in ZM.

>Man, I just thought the Falchion looked cool
Oh I'm getting one even though I know its crap. Getting a Glaive and Fellblade first though. I want it for my future 1ksons. Imagine it in gold and candy red? Delicious.

>Prospero Burns was a rip off of The 13th Warrior
>Abnett is a hack

Am I correct in assuming that only the squad leader for NL vets can take a chain glaive? For some reason, I thought anyone with a PW could, but then I realized that was a special thing with Raptors.

I figured that the change to Heavy Support from Elites for Tyrant Siege Termies was to avoid PotL Tyrant Spam.

Nobody will ever let you do that without an official FAQ or something from FW. Don't get me wrong, i would kill for your interpretation to be correct, but FW emails dont mean anything anymore.

>And you'll also have more things to fuck with the spartan.

And more thinks to fuck with those things.

You're a hack

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I think those wings look like shit.
Which is a shame, because the rest of it looks fucking awesome. It's just those look like half shredded chicken wings or some shit.

Shame FW Fellblade turret is twin-barreled and they don't sell them individually. Would love an old school Fellblade with the Baneblade hull and domed turret.

Shame B&S didn't make their old school Falchion conversion a thing they sold on their store.

Did... did you JUST realize both those points user?
It made me laugh that a little shit like him thought he could write on the level of Crichton though.
> silly boy, you write space fantasy to shill for a model company. Leave REAL SF to the pros.

And round and round we go. Everything is terrible because there exists at least one scenario where it gets destroyed.

See attached from the current book. Technically you either can't take them in either slot or you can in both. I think RAW it's both actually. Here's my reasoning:

This game doesn't have core conflict clauses or override rules. Just case-by-case "Does it say explicitly say you can? And does it explicitly say you cannot?". It doesn't even have a can't>can rule like MtG.

It's the same issue with the Knight Atrapos and Pory. They have text saying who can use them, thus excluding who can't by omission. But you can still take it as a marine LoW because we have explicit permission to take any knight. Same with Coils of the Hydra, each legion has a list of specifics it uses thus excluding all other legions from using it, but Rewards for Treason let's you take them anyway.

So here we have explicit rules to take them as Elites and explicit rules to take them as Heavy Support. Which is right? Well there's no core override rule of any kind. So both are. If one had "May ONLY be taken as x." Then we would have the standard "Does it say explicitly say you can? And does it explicitly say you cannot?" ruling of the game. But we don't So when it says both are true, then both are true. This isn't a computer that breaks down.

>Tyrants will also never be bad in ZM.
>Tfw your enemy brings dudes with missile launchers to a tunnel fight

Aww

>Everything is terrible because there exists at least one scenario where it gets destroyed.

Everything can be destroyed, question is how reliably and how much investment it'll take from the enemy to do so. There's not that many units that can reliably take out a Spartan and many that do can be countered themselves quite effectively.

No, I'm not bitter that my melta-bomb squads got nerfed the fuck out of existence by GW and now I'm forced to spend more money to make those units useful in other things.

What is the best way to deploy Perturabo in a lower than 3000 point list (no Tormentor)? I've been thinking drop pod him in the enemy's deployment zone and have Tyrant Siege Termies teleport on his location in turn 1. Thoughts?

Wait until he hears about The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser or Beowulf.
Thinking anything in GeeDubs is wholly original is a mistake.

I wanted to use him and his nucio vox to accurately deep strike termites and pin point barrages amongst enemy lines.

Doesn't he grant tank hunter and wrecker to the bikes heavy weapons?

>Everything can be destroyed, question is how reliably and how much investment it'll take from the enemy to do so. There's not that many units that can reliably take out a Spartan and many that do can be countered themselves quite effectively.
That requires more elaboration than
>And more thinks to fuck with those things.(sic)
Because there's always more things to fuck with more things. Its the Heresy. Fucking and things were prevalent.

>Doesn't he grant tank hunter and wrecker to the bikes heavy weapons?

No, it specifically says he grants them to infantry

So the army cannot roll for reserves turn one unless Perturabo is actually on the table? Boooo! He should teleport with his Iron Circle, let alone his Tyrant unit, whom can shoot at a target with BS5 while Perturabo uses the sgt's Omniscope to drop a bombardment on a different target.

> thoughts
I wish IW bitter fags would stop shitting up the place with their stale memes and shitty WIP pics they are too afraid to post on /wip/

Back to the drawing board. Haven't been able to find a unit that can help me with my mobile comand unit and scatterless army.

Autismo please go.

Those particular thoughts, while valid, are rather problematic.

>People fighting theoretical warfare on how to deal with a Spartan and how correct was the sentence "the Falchion does something"
>It's the IW's fault! They're shitting the thread all by themselves
To the pain glove with you.

IF still buttmad about the Iron Cage detected

My interpretation of why I would not allow it is that they demonstrated intent when they moved them over to heavy support. They did it in an erratta/FAQ at first, it remained that way, and then they moved it in the next book.

Without any seeming intent or even awareness, there was a typo (my opinion) in one of the books that has labelled them as both.

RAW, of course, you could make your argument but the RAI is 100% clear and it feels cheesy to knowingly go against the RAI outside of money tournaments.

Honestly I would currently vote for the: you can't take them at all (which if fucking horrifying). But as you said in your post, commission = exclusion. So the first entry basically says they are elites and cannot be taken as heavy support (ommission) and the second says that they can be taken as heavy supports but not elites (same reason). To me that is the true (and shitty) RAW.

Why would we be angry? It was effectively a draw.

So who knows, that's what you're saying.
And we cannot know until FW emits an offishul statement, aka in about 2 years.

Yes, that is what I am saying I guess. However I would still claim the RAI is clear, so go with that.

>That requires more elaboration than

Well, for example the Lightning is easy to Intercept out of the skies before it even gets to fire. Of course by "reliable" I mean something that can, on average, one shot the Spartan. For example 3 medusas will, on average, cause 1 penetrating hit.

IIRC, IF got wrecked so hard that Pert got a nice promotion to Demon Prince as recognition of his epic trolling.

go with whaaaat?

RAI is clear. They purposefully moved them (boo) to heavy support to hard block bringing them in PoTL lists. This is pretty clearly the "standard" ruling that is used and should not change when/if FW get off their fucking lazy asses.

Like, seriously. How the fuck do they get away with such glaring issues? They could just fucking pay 2 of the nerds in this thread below minimum wage and there would not be a single issue.