EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL: Art Edition

...Anonymous
EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL: Art Edition

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

>Thread Topic:
Favorite creature and land art.

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/03-01-17-feldon-of-the-third-path-edh/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/teysa-memedeck/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mono-red-goblin-artificer/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/cheap-gruul-creatures/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/budget-mono-black-kill-stuff/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for "big guy for you" commanders.

First for kor girls

Favorite land art

>Girl
That's some serious manface

Post mtg tit art?

I want to build a deck that makes everyone at the table absolutely miserable. Which commander would be best for this?

So someone could probably take him down with a few knights with swords? Hes not that big

hes crouching tho isnt he?

Mono-black stax with the pitmaster

Nice human opinion
Pit art?

Well what kind of miserable are you looking for? You can do stax miserable like Teysa, "youll never have creatures" miserable like Glissa, or "youll never do anything" like Augustin IV. Their are tons of ways to make people miserable. Also are you looking for group bullshit or for 1v1?

Can I get some comments or critiques on my Feldon deck? I got into the format with one of the four color precons and upgrading, especially the manabase, is extremely expensive, so I'm scaling it back with a monocolor deck.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/03-01-17-feldon-of-the-third-path-edh/

You could build a stupid chaos deck, makes the game last forever as you order replacement effects and randomisation effects with no real win condition.

Warp World
Knowledge Pool
Possibility Storm
Hive Mind
Mana barbs

etc

Maybe Flamekin Village or Hall of the bandit lord, more options to ensure Feldon has haste.

>that flavor
damn now I want this

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/teysa-memedeck/ Posting on this thread again before I pull the trigger and buy!

I've fallen in love with Sram, and I'm going to build a mono-white Voltron deck with that adorable advisor at the helm.

Anyone got any secret tech suggestions?

Flickering Ward is fucking awesome with him, even moreso if you add Sigarda's Aid into the mix.
Add in other auras, equipment and nice tutors, and you've got a pretty nice deck, and on the cheap too.

What's the basic strategy of a Surrak Dragonclaw deck?

This is a weird request but I'm looking for a commander that's wearing a mask. Preferably in colors that care more about artifacts but it doesn't really matter a whole bunch. Can anyone help me out?

He can get big.
Depends on the colors you're looking at.
Aura voltron so that you can get access to massive aura/enchantment graveyard recovery spells that mono white has.

>hilariously buff guy
>puny little dagger
>clearly skipped leg day
Pottery.

Wow, that's practically perfect for a meme deck.

If you're going to be reckless, cards like goblin lore would be good. I have a hunch that you'll be doing major changes in the creature area. A creature i would suggest would be pic related.

Play big creatures, hit people with them.

Tit art.

Normal Commander has fallen out of favor at my LGS, now everyone are playing 20lp Duel Commander at FNM and it actually looks fun.
I have Queen Marchesa, Teysa Orzhov Scion and Mogis God of Slaughter, which one would you take to FNM?

dear god I hope that doesn't catch on

>20 LP Duel Commander
absolutely disgusting

"You'll never have creatures" would definitely make my group the most miserable.

>20lp Duel Commander
jesus that sound horrible honestly

So, a dumb question about janky Breya techs.

Let's say i'm attacking with her with blade of selves attached. Will i be able to sac the two Breya clones that appeared to original Breya's ability before legend rule kicks in?

No. Legend rule hits when state based actions are checked, which happens before anyone gets priority.

>Sram
kek, means taking a shit in Polish

No, state-based actions are checked first and they are sent to the yard. If someone had a Mirror Gallery out, this would work

Build Edric flying men with every

I don't think so. They'll go to the graveyard as a state based action before anyone gets priority.

I think you'll still get the 4 tokens though, so it might be worth it anyways.

dangit.

You do get tokens. The second legend has to actually enter the battlefield for the legend rule to apply, so all ETB effects trigger. It's the same reason why Rite of Replication on certain commanders like Reaper King = fun times

>Rite of Replication on Reaper King

you fucking disgust me.

Just build a group hug and spend the entire game talking about how much fun everyone is having. Get mad when someone attacks you since you're "not hurting anyone" and vocally pick a winner and say you're playing for second place.

So i still can do dumb things, they're just less dumb. Got it.
Time for Panharmonicon/pic related shenanigans.

Horobi, Death's Wail.
The pub stomp deck to stomp all pub stompers.

Thraximundar or Zurgo for voltron?

How would this work?

if that card isnt banned in EDH like tomorrow i will lose all faith in the rules council and demand that wizard takes over control of EDH

It doesnt. As soon as you play Horobi, someone will target it. Commanders that are blatant with what they do are not good

Why do you want it banned? Cards like Felidar Sovereign aren't and have much less work to do to win with.

Honestly, i feel the same. It would be an amazing shenanigans card without "you win" clause.

Xenagod

>Commanders that are blatant with what they do are not good
So goodstuff is the only real way to play?

Nice kneejerk reaction, kiddo.

You have faith in them now?

The hidden tier above scrambleverse

not really

What is best way to use this card?

It works quite well with "cowardice" but is there any other cards it works with?

i want that card banned too, its one of the few cards thats actually banned in my play group

What other creatures would you suggest I change if you think that it's necessary?

But French EDH has now officially 20 life. That's why they unbanned shit like Yawgmoth's Bargain.
Yes, the card that's banned everywhere and restricted in vintage.

So it's vial smasher: the format?

which is why you recur it, give it indestructible, and/or respond with targeting their whole board

>What is best way to use this card?
As kindling for a roaring fire, that card is awful

Dude, that card isn't even that powerful. It's decent on a myr token or pentavite or triskelavite or thopter, but not that great aside from those.
It seems decent value, but it's not something you'd expect to win with, afterall, it's two choices of targets that can be removed to nullify the effect.

No, it's a dad joke: the format.
It shocks me like stomping grounds how incompetent the people in charge of it are. They're even worse than sheldor and his merry men.
They announced that they'd keep focusing on banning problem commanders, instead of banning actual problem cards which amlmost always reside in the 99 and instead they now unban probably the most broken enchantment that ever was created.
The 20 life nerf isn't helping enough to justify the unban.

What about on Vela senpai?

only correct answer

Each opponent losing 20 life isn't equal destroying 25 permanents in my opinion.

Gaddock Teeg

what cards are there that make a creature you control deal damage to someone else?

Did someone say Mass-Production?

lol what? that card fucking sucks

So, how do people feel about Yehenni? I was eagerly awaiting to see what an Aetherborn Vampire would have, and it is by no means a bad card in the 99 (just about any Golgari deck could make use) but strikes me as underwhelming as commander. I guess I am kinda reminded of Ashling the Extinguisher. A really useful creature for bringing the pain, but not really a build-around.

or just use it on gray merchant for le instant win

That works too. There's bunch of good cards that work well with it. Kokusho is good too, but it's really underwhelming compared to Gary.

honestly, not even that impressive as a role player in the 99 of any deck

Yes, hes 8 feet small.

Edric's been banned in duel commander since forever.

? Card isn't good at all, it's a just for giggles card

Aren't you the guy that talks shit on French edh constantly yet never plays it and shits on anybody who mentions that they've played it once or twice?

Why should we listen to your retarded opinions on this matter?

Im playing Derevi Stax and Im not quite sure how to finish out the game?

It was designed for limited and standard not edh

just beat down with creatures while everybody else is locked down

kill yourself

That will end the game pretty quick

Creatures with ETB effects that help you. I would choose creatures as a response to your meta.

depends, what stax pieces are you using?

Did I hit a nerve? I have played it but it doesn't matter even if I never had, since it's effectively just EDH with a different banlist and halved life.
You're delusional if you think that the banlist is good and the people deciding the bans/unbans are competent on what they do.
It's not even a good format when it comes to competitive element, since the good archetypes don't work, such as storm.
You can defend even tiny leaders all you want, but Frech will never be a good format as long as the people in charge stop and think.
At least give me an argument and reason why was I wrong instead of "durr you a retard". This isn't /v/.

In fact it is, doesn't know shit, Yawgmoth's Bargain is absolutelly meaningless.
The format's top decks are:
>Vial/Kraum
>Vial/Reyhan
>Titania
>Geist of Saint Traft
>Jenara, Asura of War
>Zurgo Bellstriker
>Jace, Vryn's Prodigy
>Saskia the Unyielding
With some success from Kytheon, Breya, Prossh, Meren, Leovold and Queen Marchesa.

It's actually nothing at all like Duel Commander used to be, it feels a lot like singleton Legacy and is actually very damn exiting.

8/10 in Meren/Mazirek if you have Damnation, 0/10 everywhere else.

Depends. Zurgo is typically faster, has access to tons of removal, and has a bunch of combat tricks, but is a bit more difficult to protect outside of your turn. Thraximundar is slower, but can play a better control game and has more card draw options.

I built both decks before, and I found Zurgo to be more fun to play.

Just winning the game isn't comparable to ruining someone else's game by wiping out their mana bases. Just imagine with Panharmonicon too, sweet jesus.

I've posted this here once before but I still need a second look

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mono-red-goblin-artificer/

It feels too much like "durdle until you can start slapping people with Blightsteel" and I don't like having only one wincon in a deck

Is there any way of making a Yidris Chaos deck enjoyable to play and play against?

I'm leaning more towards Zurgo definitely.

>Yidris
Yes

>Chaos
No

So last thread I asked about Ruric Thar and Erebos as starting commanders for my friends' first edh decks that had ~$50 budget.

Everyone has their own opinion on whether those commanders are good for new players but after they looked through the legendaries those are the ones they choose.

Grull -
>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/cheap-gruul-creatures/

MonoB -
>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/budget-mono-black-kill-stuff/

They will mostly be playing eachother so hopefully they are somewhat balanced. We have a few other cheaper decks to play with them in 3-4 player games.