How diverse is your group? Please tell me it's not a straight white dude borefest... right?

How diverse is your group? Please tell me it's not a straight white dude borefest... right?

Other urls found in this thread:

transadvocate.com/fact-check-study-shows-transition-makes-trans-people-suicidal_n_15483.htm
williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/AFSP-Williams-Suicide-Report-Final.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's mainly slavs, two tatars and a jewish DM. But we like to LARP as white people. Sometimes we get so caught up, we forget we're not actually white.

My group is composed almost entirely of evil racists. We make fun of black people and muslims on the internet, its awful.

This. We play at our Klan meetings and hate faggots like OP.

I've always assumed that the klan are roleplayers. Hence the titles like Grand Wizard.

Right now, we've got
>straight white trans woman
>bisexual Asian woman
>straight white man
>straight-leaning-bisexual Jewish man
>straight Polynesian woman
Cis unless otherwise stated.

It's all right. I've yet to play in a group that wasn't at least 40% women.

You're a dumb fucktard and should leave this board.

Oh, wait, no, I briefly ran a group on Roll20. I don't know what their races were, but I think (but I'm not sure) all the players were dudes.

Why does diversity trigger you, user? Are you worried about people encroaching on the hobby that makes you such a special snowflake?

What the fuck does CIS even mean>?

>hurr durr, i pretend i don't understand that i'm just bumping a faggoty offtopic bait thread

Get wrecked.

Not a degenerate trannie.

If you don't suffer from mental illness about your gender, you're cis.

I think it's one of the droids in Star Wars or something?

Two things on the same side.
It is the opposite of trans, which is one thing on either side.
It is a chemistry term used to describe the shape of molecules. A cis molecule would be arranged something like
_
/ \

wheras a trans would be arranged like

_/
/

My most glorious group was this one:
> Constantly depressed russian guy
> Lolrandumb oh so funny british girl
> An american stripper
> Fat chinese nerd from Malaysia
> Absolutely normal scottish guy
The russian and the chinaman bonded over mutual hatred of muslims, met and the brit briefly dated. Stripper never showed her tits. Gathering together at one time was a pain.

"Cis" essentially means "not trans". "Trans" comes from the Latin root for "across; to the other side", while "cis" means "on the same side".

In trans fats, one or more carbon chains extends out in the opposite direction from the molecule's double bond. In cis fats, all the carbon chains extend out in the same direction as its double bond.

And with gender, it essentially means that you don't undergo any kind of social or physical transition. Your gender identity is whatever you were assigned at birth.

I bet that straight white guy is like Hank Hill

What makes you say it's a mental illness, user?

politics

He does a comedy routine that involves self-deprecating humor. Some of the lines I've contribued to his act:
>hipster Sasquatch
>a human "Legalize It" T-shirt
>there are so many drugs in him at any given time you could get high just from touching him, like one of those frogs from the Amazon

So no.

The fact that its a mental illness. And not only that, its a very well substantiated one. Men and women have different brains, there are differences between a masculine brain and a feminine brain.

Most transexuals have brain chemistry/wiring that more closely resembles the opposite sex to their biology, which produces feelings of bodily dysphoria, a condition whereby the patient feels uncomfortable or unnatural in their own skin, sometimes even experiencing phantom sensations of sexual traits they do not have.

In a word, they suffer a delusion, and that delusion has a clear, easily pointed to neurological cause. However, given that being trans has turned from a illness into a social movement, the chances of these people ever getting real treatment is slim.

The current "treatment" is transitioning, which while it DOES diminish feelings of body dysphoria, also tends to lead in the long term to a corresponding rise in suicide rates among transitioned vs those who do not transition. As it turns out, curing a delusion by catering to it isn't good medicine. Who knew?

You are kind of retarded if you think the way to go is to fix the brain rather than the body, given how infinitely complex that would be.
Any sort of brain based treatment when examined is shockingly rife with poor medical treatment and vaguely understood chemistry.
I mean, standard treatment for migraines is "give them antidepressants so they don't kill themselves from the pain because we have no idea how to stop the pain." And even that doesn't work too good.
The medicine to prevent suicide doesn't work, and there's little to no ability to stop the pain. I would totally take some kind of nerve bypass that paralyzes half my face if it means I could stop being paralyzed from how much my head hurts leading to my body thinking I am dying and forcing me to shit and vomit everywhere.

In short, the brain is the least understood part of us, and while I appreciate your desire to understand it, it's going to be a fool's game for a very long while.

There are no straight white males in my group. That makes us diverse, right?

>The current "treatment" is transitioning, which while it DOES diminish feelings of body dysphoria, also tends to lead in the long term to a corresponding rise in suicide rates among transitioned vs those who do not transition.
Metastudies of transgender suicide rates disagree with you. I'm more inclined to trust them than I am to trust you. Please don't take that personally.

>The fact that its a mental illness.
You may be thinking of "gender dysphoria", which is defined as the stress or anxiety often experienced by transgender people when their physical bodies do not match their gender identity. Being transgender, in and of itself, has not been categorized as a mental illness for years now.

I live in a country where finding a non-white person is pretty much a deed by itself, not to mention them playing tabletops. I guess the exchange students might, but that's literally a handful of people.

To be precise, the klan are primarily LARPers.

I never said I had a cure. That's the work of medical professionals and doctors to figure out. I only said the objective fact [as proven by a Swedish study done in 2011] that post-transition suicide rates go UP, even though dysphoria on average went down.

In other words, our current cure kills its patients. That is not medicine. This is the only mental illness where "Lets cater to it and force society to cater to it." is part of the recommended treatment. If someone feels themselves to be Napoleon, we don't give him a tricorne and let him move into the Versailles.

In any case this kind of calm clinical debate over whether a given treatment works or not is obstructed from the start by the fact that this condition has taken on the form of a social movement. As long as supporting transitioning is viewed as a progressive ideal, no objective viewing of comparative treatments can exist.

>Finnish-Australian girl
>Malaysian girl
>Chinese girl
>Chinese guy
>Polynesian girl
>Sri Lankan girl
I'm the Finn, met everyone in an English language workshop.

We have a jew in our group. It's disappointing because he's broke and doesn't control any banks or anything like that, I feel like /pol/ lied to me.

>standard treatment for migraines is "give them antidepressants so they don't kill themselves from the pain because we have no idea how to stop the pain." And even that doesn't work too good.
Really? I've been in drug studies for migraine pills that later went to market (I think I was in the placebo group, though), then later I took prescription migraine meds that were kind of a pain because I couldn't drive after taking them, and now I use an OTC migraine pill which isn't completely effective, but quells the pain enough that I can tolerate it until it goes away.

It depends on how exactly you define "diversity" in this case, but for the layman's definition, the answer would be "not necessarily".

I remember that study. The guy who ran it said people who thought it proved transgender suicide rates went up were (often deliberately) misinterpreting his findings, and asked people to stop doing that.

>Finnish-Australian
Makes one wonder how that one came together, them being nearly on the opposite sides of the globe.

>In a word, they suffer a delusion
Then why doesn't the condition respond to anti-psychotics?

Australians travel a LOT.

Whoops, my bad. The lady who ran it.

transadvocate.com/fact-check-study-shows-transition-makes-trans-people-suicidal_n_15483.htm

Aussies are well traveled and Aussie women basically want anything but an Aussie guy.

My Group is composed of only Felicia Day. Our Paladin is Felicia Day, our Fighter is Felicia Day, also our Cleric is Felicia Day, and it just so happens our Thief is Felicia Day.

Wil Wheaton attempted to join our group once, but our DM, Felicia Day said no.

Because the delusion doesn't manifest as a false viewing of reality, transexuals don't literally believe themselves to BE the opposite sex, they have a strong feeling that they SHOULD BE the opposite sex, or that they are mentally the opposite sex.

The Napoleon analogy would be more apt if the delusional person, instead of believing himself to be Napoleon, instead only felt comfortable when dressed as, and treated as, Napoloen, and for some reason civilized society went along with it.
I've never heard that story and see no reason to believe it.

>Because the delusion doesn't manifest as a false viewing of reality
That's literally what a delusion is. You just proved it's not a delusion.

>I've never heard that story and see no reason to believe it.
That's why I posted a link to it a few minutes ago.

Also here's that metastudy I mentioned.
williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/AFSP-Williams-Suicide-Report-Final.pdf

>Wil Wheaton attempted to join our group once, but our DM, Felicia Day said no.

geg

paralel universe travel: not even once

There's an hyperactive wizard
A fighter with mother's syndrome
A selfcentered cleric
And an incredible smart and well spoken barbarian

And they are all white males and we love it

In this case it was the other way around; Mum is Finnish and she travelled to Australia where she met dad.

Confederacy of Independent Systems

If someone has a strong compulsion to act like a dog, under the view that they were mentally a dog, I would call that a delusion, even if they were coherent enough to realize they weren't actually a dog.
I didn't see them when I posted. Given I don't have the time or interest to read through all these right now, I think I'll call it on this debate.

>please return to your regularly scheduled bait thread.

Which Felicia Day are you?

I am Felicia Day the Felicia Day.

>I live in a country where finding a non-white person is pretty much a deed by itself
I didn't realise, until the internet told me, that this makes me a crazy racist homophobic KKK member!
THANK YOU INTERNET! I have now painted my face black and wear a dress so the internet can tell how not racist or homophobic I am!

And I assume you're playing the Felicia Day?

Well, I'm glad we got that sorted.
I look foreward to you pulling this exact shit next time this comes up.

Everyone knows that the Felicia Day class is par excellence compared to all other classes.

well, you are in the minority, my friend.
Migraines are a bitch and they have to use shotgun medication to even have a chance at solving them.

Does their brain more closely resemble the brain of a dog than of a human? Is there a plausible explanation for how their brain could have developed that way due to genetic and intrauterine factors? Do they show marked improvement in quality of life when allowed to behave like a dog? Does their behaving like a dog hurt anyone else?

False equivalency, bro. You're using analogies wrong.

Well I mean someone has to marry Aussie guys.

My cousin is married to an Aussie woman, for the record, whom he met while he was there working.

We have a token Mexican.

>shotgun medication to even have a chance at solving them
I think that's what my prescription-strength thing was. Like I said, it was a doozy. It made me drowsy, it caused all my muscles to relax, it burned my nasal cavity.

I think part of it is also because of how often I was forced to just suffer through them as a kid I eventually kinda got used to it.

God, migraines suck.

yes.
Yes they fucking do, holy shit.
How much of my brain, exactly, do I have to cut off to remove them?

And women. Love to oppress and objectify me some women while I'm pretending to be a half-elf bard.

That you're the gender you were born into.

Normal.

Technically, when it's capitalized, it usually means "Computer and Information Services".

I think it's something about the blood vessels around your brain? Which is why caffeine helps some people?

So, what, can I cut those off and replace them with an exterior blood pump?

>implying that slavs, tartars, and Jews aren't white

My group is a bunch of straight asian weebs

My group is only made out of white blond men witb blue eyes, and we each bring woman-objects in chains. One from each player is chosen and they together form the table while the others take turns serving our every need.

We're all indian men. So diverse!

>Technically, when it's capitalized, it usually means "Computer and Information Services".
But he's asking in the context of gender, pay attention.

What I've always heard, and what works for me, is that migraines are due to blood vessel pressure inside your brain causing swelling and similar issues.
I'm in the lucky camp that I get symptoms before I get pain, so when I notice that I'm going blind to the left side of the world due to the pressure on parts of my brain and eyes I can rush and take some caffeine/painkiller combination that causes the blood vessels to contract and my blood to thin, turning the usual ohgodpleasekillmenow migraine into a mild headache and causing the blindness to only last ~20 minutes.

Sadly my one relative that also gets them is the reverse, getting pain first and then blindness so all they can do is take the cocktail at the first sign of pain and hope it wasn't really a migraine, because then they're in for at least a few hours of pain and worse.

There is hope anons, keep your blood sugar steady, don't develop a caffeine habit, and keep some blood thinners like Tylenol on hand. And I'm serious about the caffeine habit bit, your body can get used to getting medication on a schedule and will pre-release the chemicals that cause your blood vessels to swell in anticipation of countering the caffeine, thus causing a migraine.

this is a perfect explanation. The trannies have their operations, society doesn't give a shit and still calls them trannies, their fantasy collapses, they kill themselves, and everyone who encouraged that behavior is 100% responsible and should be fined.

That's the dream.

I already can't have much caffeine, 'cause of a mild heart condition. The only time I have any significant quality is, ironically, in my OTC migraine medication.

>tfw my group is a bunch of Cossacks who rock the mustache and Chupryna

OTC medication is Excedrin or something similar? I don't take it because it's got too much caffeine for the effect, causing a see-saw effect. Try just chugging a can of coke and downing a double dose of tylenol the moment you notice something is odd.

Australian here, I've been to more then 30 countries and fucked girls in at least 25 of them

That's what this thread was about right?

That'd be waaaaay more expensive. A 12-pack is, what, $5? I can get 100 Excedrin for, like $10.

Not to mention portability. I keep my various pills in an old mint container in my purse for when I'm not at home; that's much harder to do with a can of soda.

Like I've said, it doesn't need to cure the migraine, it just needs to make it bearable until it eventually goes away on its own.

> Implying they are

man I'd love a cure for migraine.
My current medication just sort of takes the migraine and makes it into a constant, unending headache with only occasional migraine spikes.

There are five of us. All male. One Asian. Two of us are bisexual.

I'm probably going to start a game soon with some friends from my graduate program, though, and that'll be me, one other guy, and three women.

This thread is stretching the definition of "Veeky Forums-related" pretty damn far.

In that case I'd suggest getting one of those pill-cutter things and experimenting (painfully, sorry) with exactly how much of a pill is perfect for you. Took me years to get the balance down right on my own, and I still fuck it up by messing up my sleep schedule on occasion but it lets me live.
Good luck to you user! If all else fails just experiment with pain killers, blood thinners, and things that constrict or engorge your blood vessels. Please always stay within recommend tolerances for your body, ODing sucks.

>5 white dudes
>players make white human males
>campaign about saving the world from a demon invasion

I'm pretty happy with my constant headache forever medicine, considering the alternative.
Though some more shotgun medication treatment might help.

Oh right, thread op, missed it in the migraine advice.
My usual group is:
>me, white cis male working poor
>a jew white cis female
>a jew white cis male, the aforementioned girls husband and troll, also literal rocket scientist
>a white cis male somewhere on the very light end of the spectrum, programmer
>a hispanic girl who wishes with every fiber of her being that all women were 50's housewives, student
>a white cis male brony, working poor/welfare
>a blasian cis male that is the whitest man I know, like seriously Weird Al is singing about him he's so white, I do not fathom how it happened.

Given the alternatives I'd take it too, but if you never try you'll never find anything better, so good luck.

My group has been pretty diverse, there have over time been most of the spectrum of gengers, sexualities and races at the table at some point.
Over the years though as people left and joined we were left with nothing but a racist, mysoginistic, alcoholic, bitter divorcee, overweight, ass hole of a human being; myself.
Why do I drive everyone away from me Veeky Forums? Why can't I just muster the courage to jump off a bridge?

Say it with me: Race war now.

fpbp

No. In fact only two of us are human. At least in D&D. In L5R we're all not!asians. We also have a couple females.

I would apply a liberal dose of sarcasm to my post to show just how stupid you are, or at leqst how stupid the idea presented is, but it does seem like others have already done this, so instead I will assume you are being woefully honest with your question, and explain what is wrong with it.
Your race nor gender define who you are, your ideas define you. You'll find more idealogical diversity at a pub filled with white men than you will at a feminist convention attended by every race and gender you can think of under the sun.

I'm very sorry, user. I'll appreciate my mild pain much more from now on.

>a blasian cis male that is the whitest man I know, like seriously Weird Al is singing about him he's so white, I do not fathom how it happened.
I've met those sorts of people. Where and how people are raised can have a very big impact on how they grow up.

I briefly dated a Latino guy who was sort of the same way.

Is Middle Eastern diverse or do I still just count as white?

>Doing blackface
Jesus fucking christ, what sort of terrible racist are you? I bet you're in the KKK aren't you? Fucking racists get out.

Well there is "a lot" of Vietnamese, but "a lot" means 25k people. That's literally the biggest minority around. And they are pretty much all either running Vietnamese food joints or doing business in textile industry on different level.
Now when I think about it, the cook in the restaurant we were eating during a break at the uni was Chinese and he taught us all how to play mahjong. Does mahjong even count as Veeky Forums stuff?

It's not that you're individually racist. It's that you're the product of a system which subtly enforces racial boundaries through things like disparate economic mobility and social inertia in school and housing.

Though I will add that those systems propagate through individual apathy and a lack of empathy, of which you may be guilty, based on your post. But it's not like that inherently makes you a bad person.

>dat webm
What in the fuck? Where is it from? Shit makes me feel like I took all the LSD.

>Does mahjong even count as Veeky Forums stuff?
Well, it is a traditional game, so yes. Expect it to come up less than chess, though.

All straight white males, like any good group should be.