Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

So /pfg/, tell me about your last session. Anything interesting happen?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread:

My last session? I ran the game, got drunk and ruined it for everybody. That was over a month ago when I decided to take a break to destroy and reinvent myself.

MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM MY ARM

I was exhausted from a christmas party and falling asleep during it. I felt so bad.

How should I depict a Level 1 female Orc Alchemist that goes around with 26 strength during Mutagen?

Why is Alain so cool? He's the ultimate FUCKING WHITE MALE stereotype but he's just so lovable!

Are any of depressed homebrewer's classes any good? I mostly just see people shit talk his character builds.

Because even if he's an ass, he still ultimately gets to do heroic things--and that's a rare find under Paizo's dev team.

Large muscles.

No, you only see one person. The rest of us can't even be assed to look at any links in here.

From last thread, still taking suggestions:

Any suggestions for a caster (wizard/sorc/arcanist/etc) in a no-3PP module of Dragon's Demand? (4 man party, 20 point buy is all we know so far.)

I've been advised that we're probably not going to exceed Level 4 by the end of this apparently short module, and this is only my 3rd ever player build.

Essentially looking to get as much fun (and success) out of the 3, possibly 4 levels my caster's gonna get.

I purchased pizza for the group and prepared my place for everyone to gather. One guy showed up and we waited 15 minutes. DM didn't get the message I sent on Wednesday (game is on Sunday) so we didn't end up playing and almost an entire pizza went to waste (oh btw just got my wisdom teeth out and couldn't even eat the pizza). Good times.

Yeah but how are the classes?

I personally suggest witch. Hexes make playing a full caster easier, and as a debuffer you feel very useful.

I could build you a witch to feel useful/have fun with while not overshadowing folks.

Alain is my second favorite iconic. My favorite... well. Pic related.

What part of "can't be arsed" didn't you understand? The only thing I recall from DHB links that I remember is when I altered the votes so that all the iconics had an equal amount votes for who should be male/female.

Sorcerer, take illusion spells, Charm Person, and Color Spray. Low level is basically the perfect time for all of those spells, because everybody has shit saves and nobody has immunities to mind affecting effects.

Have you made a cutie Tiefling shrine maiden yet?

Same reason that Valeros is.

They're just so undeniably honest in character design. Amid all of Paizo's other things, they're just two dudes out for ADVENTURE and the spoils resulting from it.

Also, while Valeros would fit comfortably into the 'Main Hero Guy' role, Alain fits in quite nicely as the Lancer (How fitting). His mannerisms keep him away from the traditional heroic role, but leave him in perfect position for the main guy's snarkier, more jerkish, but still ultimately good friend.

And everyone always loves those guys more than the main guy.

The group's borderline That Guy almost got us all killed by blundering into a tense negotiation and then trying to make us look like we were about to betray the guy we were talking to.

GM went fully on record that it was only a natural 20 on the Bard's diplomacy check that saved us, and all the way back to base the dumb motherfucker was still protesting that I'd been unfair for trying to grab his character's cloak (not even maliciously, just as a minor detail of "My character is pissed at yours") and saying I was breaking the rules by not making an attack roll for it.

Shill me on the Avowed, and how I could explain their Pacts in unconventional ways assuming gestalt.

MY POSITION IS OVERRUN AND SANDPOINT IS DOOMED IF I DON'T GET A GOOD ANSWER TO ONE QUESTION

WHERE'S MY FIRE SUPPORT

SUMMON UP THE POWER OF THE GOD HAND

No.

I have heard it's quite fun when you take Extra Hex and play one, cackling and making people roll twice and take the lower result for saves, etc... You don't have to build me one, but I will definitely look over anything people show me.

That's true, I'm usually the only one with Will saves over 5 during the early levels...

I, as the Gm, opened up the floodgates to 3pp material after another pc decided their Paladin || Magus (EL6 Gestalt with rolled stats btw) was going to leave the party.
He is now making a Shinobi (from legendary hybrids) || Warlord.
And the party U. Monk || Fighter (Archetype that gets to reroll an attack check, forgot it's name) has traded out one of his feats for Martial Training 1 and chose Broken Blade.

The last pc, who is a sword lord fighter || swashbuckler with the slashing grace chain, is debating if his character should leave the party do to a pact with an individual that gave him sand based Kineticists powers.

All an all, pretty good meet.

A human can have Cackle, Evil Eye, and Misfortune at level 1. Those three together are highly debilitating. Then use your spells for utility, or force even more debuffs with spells like Ray of Sickening, Ill Omen, Ray of Enfeeblement, Mudball, or Frostbite.

Take clever word play for intimidate and add in Shaken to your debuff cycle.

Be the debuff master.

The Avowed is probably the best way to be a "utility-blaster", even beating out the 3rd-party-infused Kineticist simply because everything you need is all in a single book and not spread across a dozen sources. It lets you choose whether you want to focus on your damage dealing (but still have some ace tricks up your sleeve), or to be good at have a huge amount of options at your fingertips (while still dealing damage that keeps you competitive against initiators, spherecasters, vancian blasters, replace-it-all fighters and rogues, etc).

As for how to explain the pacts unconventionally!
>Variant Sorcerer, with your pacts being the remnants of a deal or contamination of the blood in your ancestor's past.
>Deific power filtered into a form that the mortal body can utilize without blowing up
>Technology or mutagens that slowly morph the user into whatever they have a "pact" with

Well.

A little while ago, I told here the story about our mission to kill a man who couldn't die. He had lived too long, and had effectively put a bounty on himself. No matter what circumstances he put himself in, probability would pretzel itself so he'd come out fine. This even extended to far-reaching plans. We were seeing what would happen if a Resist Fire ran out while he was sitting in a fireplace, and the weather picked up into a tornado and threw trees at us.

Then we thought about shoving him through a portal to the positive energy plane. He'd overheal, explode, bish bash bosh job done.

Instead, he saw the face of god and became invulnerable. Now probability didn't NEED to pretzel itself, because he just couldn't be harmed. We made an immortal man even MORE immortal.

That was the session before last.

LAST session, we travelled to an ancient Coatl temple. The Coatl inside would grant wishes to those who beat its trials. So we beat the trials Read: Asked Mr Immortal to go get them, and started wishing.

The Coatl couldn't touch it. It couldn't kill him, it couldn't remove his protections, he couldn't tell us how to remove his protections, he couldn't tell us how to find out how to remove his protections.

But then a thought occurred. Those that recall me telling the first part of this story before may recall that this setting has things in it preventing long-range teleporting and planehopping. Basically monsters from between dimensions claw and tear at you more the further you go.

People had attempted to teleport this man before, to kill him via the warpmonsters. It always failed because that was dangerous, so scrolls would be defective, people would fuck up, an anvil would crush the guy using the scroll, etc.

But now he was invulnerable.

So I wished for him to be teleported to heaven.

It occurs to me at this point that this story doesn't have the BEST conclusion. Almost an anticlimax to just say 'it worked'. But when the DM has to take 10 minutes to figure out just what the fuck should happen, for it to WORK, and for him to state he hadn't expected us to solve that job so quickly, or even at ALL... it feels good.

I got high-fives.

The Pixie also vegetablised himself down to zero mental stats by looking at the dude with Arcane Sight as he was teleporting. So that was fun.

Anyone know whether Fluffy2 GM falls on the dom or sub side of lewd things? I'm trying to figure out what profiles are most likely to be chosen

I made mine an obvious male dom because it felt like all the guys were kind of femmy, and I wanted a regal asshole who destroys assholes.

Why are people so averse to making rough doms, anyway?

So basically he was Rincewind?

I find it more exciting to be dominated.

I made what I wanted and I'm not gonna stress over whether or not fluffy DM likes mine (Sohyon)

Renzen?

Though, not going to lie, if I get in, I hope there's at least one Ara Ara~ molester who wants to dress me up before gaping my asshole.

>mfw I realize she's using a sarashi an is probably even more stacked without it

Does it matter? I imagine most lewd things will be between players anyway and making a hidden criteria like that is kinda dishonest.

Avowed is pretty good. Decent damage, plenty of utilities and good variety in the pact system; each is an ability package including a sense-type

I imagine it does matter to an extent, because I've never known a lewd DM that doesn't want to do the side shows as well.

Doraf from Granblue Fantasy are basically a fusion of all my kinks and interests.

Because is pretty common, a lot of people want to go into this either as shotas or as ara aras who are there only to take dick, and I know that, and I'm also willing to deliver exactly that with a snobbish asshole attitude.

Yep. Me personally, I just feel like doms are going to be more rare hear.

Sounds pretty devious... Debuffs sound great, but does it also lend itself well to being able to supply damage when needed? Or is it more of a, "Screw the enemy's life up, and let everyone else pound them into pulp," situation?

>I just feel like doms are going to be more rare hear.

Doms are disappointingly rare all over, people are just way too passive about those sorts of things not that I'm complaining, since I always make doms and it's a seller's market for those things.

Narumeia is a perfect wife and you're a man of great taste.

Short, busty and horned is a great combination, that's true. I am almost sure that's Haruna from KanColle, though.

Eh, still, that shouldn't really be a significant factor.

>I am almost sure that's Haruna from KanColle, though.

It's Haruna drawn with Doraf proportions!

>short, busty, and horned

What about hips instead of bust?

>how I could explain their Pacts in unconventional ways assuming gestalt.

You're a big bad soldier man with an Elemental stuck in your body, keeping you alive so it can feed off the energy of other people!

Personally, one of my favorite scenes is three-ways where I'm the switch and get to tag team the bitch as well as get my fill. Hence why I made the trap.

Skirmisher (Ex)

At 8th level, whenever a scout moves more than 10 feet in a round and makes an attack action, the attack deals sneak attack damage as if the target was flat-footed. If the scout makes more than one attack this turn, this ability only applies to the first attack. Foes with uncanny dodge are immune to this ability

This doesn't specify a melee attack. Does this allow you to deal sneak attack damage regardless of range?

Yes. Note that it only applies to a single attack, though, so it's real shitty compared to sneak attack.

Fine, I like a good pair of hips. What I don't like is shortstacks looking like someone squished them. That's one of the reasons draphs are so good, they are actually proportional.

It's weird, normally I roll my eyes a little at the proportions on huge-chested girls wearing most clothing, but that chick in the miko outfit from the last thread actually looks extremely reasonable for a girl with tits bigger than her torso.

Because it's more flavorful that way.

PAIN... is your reward for being near me!
FATE... won't be a friend when I'm around!
FLEE... before the tragedy that follows...
ME... the situations I've survived...

I'm a cursed black cat
I'm an albatross
I'm a mirror broken
Save yourself!
I'm your bad luck charm...

That's the second best thing! When your huge tits look reasonable. Hard to get, sadly.

Can't you just...NOT turn it off and say you can't or something?

It really depends on well the artist can give realistic weight and heft to the proportions at hand, as compared to... I dunno, One Piece-esque stuff where every female has balloons glued to her chest.

It's really quite tragic, huge chested witches or Barbarian girls are the best, and the few times they show up in campaigns they're either dresses in barely anything or using poorly proportioned anime art.

Like, if your bust is that big you don't even need to show off cleavage, just wear a proper robe or uniform and the huge bumps will give it away.

Ran "tears at bitter manor"
Things overall went pretty damn well, the group officially took up the mantle of "the golden watch" and dig that after their first story arc already have a group identity.

I fucked up towards the end of the arc.
>groups paladin fights the anti paladin in 1v1 combat and manages to best her with non lethal damage
>ties her up and leaves her while they continue to explore the manor
>tons of things that took 3 weeks to unravel happen
>they forget about her
> I forget about her
>final battle time. It's a fairly one sided fight due to the insane will saves going around
>realize afterward the anti paladin could have made it much more interesting of a battle

Meh at least I can have her return to fight another day.
Tfw the group passes up half a dozen side quests I'm the forest on the grounds of "fuck exploring that scary shit"

Threadly reminder that Sent x Kyler is the cutest potential RotJR couple.

You meme this a lot

The last session, the party stormed into a bandit's stronghold, killed some of his men and got into a fight with him. One guy grappled him as he stepped into a portal, pulling the grappler with him. The rest of the party charged after him, but 2 of them ended up 100 miles away, in the middle of an occupied keep.

To avoid being killed, they went and did some work for the occupants, only to get lost during a rain storm and then one of them got pulverized by an ogre's greatclub.

The others are going to continuing their half this weekend.

I do. At least one other person does as well though because I don't do it in every thread. I also meme the centaur (centauress?) being a futa. Besides, they really do make a cute couple.

So what your saying is your a fucking cancerous whelp.

Yes. Also I'm bored and don't have anything better to do besides shitpost.

>not being cancerous on Veeky Forums

You sound cancerous.

I'm going to use it with a moist nugget at extreme ranges. With the Energy Blade Sphere talent.

what did he mean by this?

Veeky Forums is shit, everything posted here is shit. There's no use complaining about shit because even the complainer complaining about shit is shit.

>Short, busty and horned is a great combination, that's true

Amiri is the only good thing about PF. Well, her and Seoni.

Wouldn't you need to actually invest points into Wisdom for Intimidate>Shaken to be of any use at low levels?

For a 20pb, not sure how that'd turn out for a Witch... 7/14/14/20/11/7 is kinda par for the course.

I don't think so, reread Intimidate. It's the "target's" hit dice and wis for demoralizing.

Where has Geliche's artist been? They should come back and post more.

And apply to some games.

Derp. Nevermind then, case closed. I need sleep.

Is Culdranth his mother? Also, which app?

That's not even Geliche. It's Elsbeth under a Form of the Dragon.

I think user was referring to the fact that the same artist made Geliche.

They could use his name. Or are names FORBODEN?

Because then I would be lying to the other PCs and the GM would have us roll Bluff and sense motive to prevent metagaming.

It was just a cute reaction image that was also a bit related!

How is getting key names and places from the AP excusable at all?

key names and places wrong*

Reminder that parties bigger than 4 are a meme.

Well, if it's some stupid, hard-to-pronounce fantasy name, people will probably come up with a different name or way to say it, and if they use it enough, other players might start doing it until no one remembers what the actual name is anymore.

Meme is just a buzzword when you can't actually think of any real reasons as to why something is bad, don't use it.

What does it even mean to be a meme in this context? Or has the word lostit's meaning to youpeople?

It's Sandpoint. Spelling Shalelu as Shelalu is understandable, but not Sandpoint as Sandport.

Oh. Well, in that case, there is no excuse, just someone not really paying attention, or they misheard.

Well in case they're reading this, Michael Myldir, the town is SandPOINT, not SandPORT, and the elf's name is a-e, not e-a.

>Meme
>noun: meme; plural noun: memes
>an element of a culture or system of behavior that may be considered to be passed from one individual to another by nongenetic means, especially imitation.
>a humorous image, video, piece of text, etc. that is copied (often with slight variations) and spread rapidly by Internet users.
Probably referring to the idea that party sizes over four are an jokey idea that has passed on through the hobby, and are shallow, forced, and cancerous like most memes are.

It's a derivation of both uses of the word, and still falls in the realm of it's original definition(s).

It's funny to think that most of human behavior is literally, by the definition, a meme.

Starting a new game, 20 players. I want all of /pfg/ in on this

Speak for yourself, you fucking automaton.

>Implying

Do you realize how much of our behavior is biologically driven?

20 players, Galt, no items, Fox only.

>20 factions
>no pvp
>only intrigue

A heck of a lot of it, but how much of it ISN'T?

Every widespread, non-instinctual behavior is memetic. Common behavior passed on nongenetically. Driving cars, using computers, using tools...

Memes, all of it.

Do 5 factions of 4 players.
Or 4 factions of 5 players for the memes.

I can see this working. Like each party is the heads of a gang working to control a bigass city.

Fuckin opps