Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

"what makes a WAACfag" edition

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>As current as the FAQs get
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Eldar insert here):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

sucking manager's dick makes a waacfag
easy, edition done.

what if the manager sucks my dick

Starting a night lords army, currently only have a chaos space marine squad and a raptor squad. What else should I buy and what models should I use for a HA choice? The jet pack model is sold out in my area and I don't want to use eBay

It is I, Gabriel Seth, the most level-headed of Marines!

Seth, the Veritas Vitae Chaplain, and the 8-man Death Company roll in the Land Raider directly towards whatever is most in need of ripping and tearing. The other Chaplain drops in with the 10-man DC to clear blobs. Assault squads clean up heavy infantry and armor, Devastators do the same to tanks from the back line (They could ride in their Razorback, but it'd most likely just end up getting sent up the line to do similar tank hunting). Tacticals are a tax that I might as well take.

Thoughts?

Black Templars will no longer be irrelevant and useless!

MARCH FORTH BROTHERS! OUR TIME IS NOW!.

What if you take turns making love to each other for the sweet rule bending powers it would provide you.

The chapter master who came before you was better.

Nice, love that Rhino pattern.

to bad there is only 1000 of you

that is really cool...I'm try to think of a reason to make and field one of those

>work with psykers
>work with aliens
>retreat from Abbadon

Why are you happy with this?

I like this one personally

black templars confirmed pussys

>crusade
>1000 dudes

they don't even number 1000

Does an ork boyz legs straddle a hormagaunts back comfortably ? Looking to do a bike conversion

So, one thing that always annoyed me about the change from 5th to 6th edition was making Psychic Powers random, and introducing random Warlord traits. After awhile, too many random tables feels like you're not making as many choices so much as you're playing a power lottery.

Supposing you were to play a game with your opponent where you could both pick your powers pre-game at army creation (Warlord Traits, Combat Drugs, Jokaero upgrades, etc), what notable things would be super-dangerous, other than auto-Invisibility (ITC ruling for it), or mass Genestealer Cult summoning (+1 WC charge or so?)?

At least with Psychic powers you have a Primarus Power that you can always select. That cuts down on the Randomness a lot. You basically select your choice based on that certain power and then hope you get something else.

I feel you on the rest.

I feel like picking your warlord trait should be a special Tzeenchian Character's ability.

Whats the average amount of marines people usually bring per squad?

not really

hormagaunts are also considerably smaller than any bikes

HA?

My plan was to chop off the knife bits on the arms and then attach the gaunt arms to wheels, as long as I use the bike base it shouldn't be a huge issue

Some of the new stuff on the marine tables might be a bit silly if it was guaranteed, like Fulmination for unit swapping. The best way to resolve that may be to simply add a point cost to choosing a power rather than rolling on the table.

>WAACfag edition
While we're on the subject can anybody rate this list

Would willingly face/10.

Put it on Battlescribe next time.

can someone link a download for the astra militarum codex?

Which looks best for the Children of the Dragon, left or Right?

user, is that yours? Did you pour your glue on it?

the webapp doesn't have the inquisition codex :(

Right seems to have a bit of a more glossy metallic look to it, which is nice.

Imperial Agents only, I'm afraid.

Does that mean it's bad?
Battlescribe is a better program similar to the one shown I assume?

So, a Black Templars + Adepta Sororitas formation sounds really fun and fluffy and I can get a kick out of that. Too bad Templars don't also get a new relic or two.

On the other hand, AdMec getting yet another combined formation with Skitarii and Knights, while alright from a gameplay standpoint for giving more options, just drives me mad since the codices are still not combined and there were no official hints of combining them yet. Hell, one of the damn things is even called "Grand Convocation". It might just be "2 War Convocations" and add some insane special rule.

For my Tzeentch Herald, I just give it Exalted Locus of Conjuration instead of giving it ML 3, so I can go "fuck it" and have Prescience, Summoning and Flickerfire at once and call it a day.

I don't bother with Tzeentch casters as a 1-in-3 chance of an awesome psychic power versus a 1-in-3 chance of a useless power isn't game balance, it's just an artificial cap again.

One thing I know is bothersome is a Daemon Prince with the Fulmination power that grants a 3+ Invulnerable, due to Blessing of Tzeentch making it a 2+ Invulnerable and Daemon of Tzeentch letting you re-roll 1s to saves.

Just because a Daemon Prince only gets 2 chances to roll that power doesn't make it balanced.

not mine but I want to build one

I assume the sisters player who built it consecrated it in holy oils or something

It got replaced by IAgents

I've been working with Battlescribe long enough that I find it much cleaner to read. Even though the web program has images, it's also missing large sections of several codexes (including the *entirety* of my own army's codex) and needs substitution frequently. But that's just my opinion.

Battlescribe is a whole bunch of other bullshit right now.

Doesn't have Saint Tylus Battleforce Space Marine formation that gives you 6 discounted stormtalons that can start the game infiltrating

it didn't get replaced

Current projects, and their inspiration?!

I want to finish my GK and work on Harlies, since they'd be total anti-Chaos bros. Also, painting checkers is a pain but looks damn decent on the table.

I'm going to make a fun Tau army. Fuck you.

I made a fun one too.

Starting a Death Company army in the near future. Only Marine unit I legitimately like.

>Also, painting checkers is a pain but looks damn decent on the table.
use an airbrush and masking tape

wtf are Children of the Dragon

> airbrush

Nah, I've seen too many shitty paint jobs due to lazy people getting their hands on airbrushes. A good airbrusher would make a phenomenal army, but I am far from that.

I hope people like you don't build cheesy mega powered lists and have fun.

>mfw i actually got battlescribe to work today

time to gear up my 3 chariots of the daemon god list tomorrow, terrible idea but fun and i wanna get in a quick game before work

i forgot about dick cannon lord of skulls

Working through a backlog of painting for my Chaos army, though I keep getting distracted with future projects. Aiming to start up a Sisters force with the coming release, and maybe some loyalist marines to go with them.

an airbrush is a tool not a one stop shop. Like any tool, it can be misused.

I lost like 5 army list when they reformatted it and everything became corrupt so i refuse to use it.

Are you memeing on us right now?

My Emperor's Children off shoot legion.

>Battlescribe

BS turned into a steamy pile of shit, especially on mobile.

>Aiming to start up a Sisters force with the coming release

AHAHAHAHAHAH HE THINKS SISTERS ARE GETTING A RELEASE

Have them ride Raveners

More referring to Celestine with actual wings instead of cloth, but I guess they aren't actually releasing that?

well yea but 3 models does not a army make

>one model
>a release

top kek

My stuff started on the airbrush, and I finished by hand for the details like trim. For painting large areas nothing has sereved me better, I'm looking to improve my skill with it by using it as much as possible.

Yeah, but it's a good point to start.

What would you rather I call it? They're releasing sisters of battle models. That's a sisters release.

Three more than the nothing that was so memed.

Yet you still wear your anonymity as a fig leaf over your embarrassment.

watch kenny boucher's (nextlevelpainting) tutorials on youtube he has a lot of sweet guides on airbrushing

also clean your mold lines

I mean maybe. Ork boyz already have that weird leg pose that makes them look like their riding something, I was just hoping that it would be easy to slot the gaunts and the boyz now together.

(It also makes fielding bikerz a lot cheaper eheh)

They are two old models I had sitting around I figured they could be sacrificed to the chaos gods to figure out a paint scheme.

i dont think ive ever memed against the SoB release.

Right now, priming a bunch of Catachans as Conscripts for count as prisoners. After I prime all of them properly, I'll be priming my tanks next. My goal is to have everything semi-ready by next Wednesday. At least, everything along the way by then. From that point on I intend to play at the store twice a week. My army won't be totally complete, but it shouldn't take much longer than a couple of weeks after my deadline to really finish it.

Then I can start painting all the other shit I have in my back log thanks to friends giving me their armies. I'm pretty excited about the backlog as I don't have any strong desire to play with those, so I can be more leisurely about it.

How many markerlights is too many markerlights for a 2k tau list? I have...10 of them, total, in addition to those on the shas'uis for my firewarriors and pathfinders. Did I go overboard? I'm just planning the list out at this point, no purchases have been made.

Someone has info about the black Templar/IG formation?
I'm really excited about it.

marker drones*

about to start working on this eldar army, gonna take back the galaxy with the swordwind

Currently waiting for some nids i bought to arrive so i can paint up a test model to see if the scheme i chose would look good

Assuming you're talking drones, 10 sounds like a decent number. It's hard to really have too many markerlights, and the marker drones tend to be the most useful of the drones.

FIRST FOR ORKS! WAAAGH!!!

Fuck. I have too much shit to do, /40kg/. My backlog is painful, and I have no idea where to put my attention.

Help me, please?

>Deldar
I have most of a SC assembled with another SC, wyches, succubus, venom, and scourges behind it.

>Night Lords
I have both HH boxes for a 30k NL army, but I can't decide if I actually want to make it a 30k army or just go for CSM because I doubt I'd ever get anyone to play 30k anyway. I also have a CSM and Raptor box for bits.

>Sylvaneth
Not 40k, I know, but I got a battalion for Christmas, and I do love the tree people.

>Warmahordes 2 player box.
Total heresy, I know, but I also got it for Christmas. At the very least I figure I can assemble it and play with someone

That's not counting the stuff in have that is assembled and not painted.

I need to focus on something.

thanks. while I'm at it, here is the list I came up with - if anyone could comment on it, I'd appreciate it. Right now I play shooty orks, which are basically drunken tau. I'd like to actually hit things once in a while.

what do you want to play with or what game do you play the most? personally i'd finish the dark eldar first

You going with the traditional black/red, or did you have something else in mind?

In terms of power, where does Sly Marbo rank?

Genestealer Cult Warlord Trait that guarantees Cult Ambush result.

Divination psykers with Ignores Cover.

Daemon Summoning becomes even more retarded.

All Tzeentch Daemon psykers having D-weapons.

All Farseers with Maelstrom.

All Flyrants with Feel No Pain and Warp Blast.

I could go on.

What would be a fair points cost to pick a spell. In your opinion?

Always a good idea to get a reasonable timeline in order, amiright? I can't imagine anyone would ever have a problem facing off against an army-in-progress.

The lamest games are always against the perpetually gray armies.

Neat. Alaitoc, is it? Isn't there some special masking tape you can use for those barbs?

What colour should my vehicles be if I have my Guardsmen like this?

I don't know. That's the problem. I feel like I have ADD when it comes to this shit.

I don't even get to play much because my area is literally all mtg.

I'll note the deldar, though. I got turned off by all the negativity around them. I doubt the wyches are even worth opening.

Got DoW1?
Use their army painter

Perhaps you could be convinced that the peanut butter and jelly scheme is the best?

Purple, with 22" rims

No no i cant. Though my nids are kinda brown but more like a sand colour to be honest. Im just having problems with what the teeth and brains would should look like

Every god damn time, guys.

I posted in the last thread about my IG list, had 9 missle launchers I got in a bargain bin and was informed they are too expensive for the weight they pull.

Would anyone recommend what I should convert them to? Im dealing with jetbikes and deepstriking eldar, only 1-2 actual vehicles im up against. Maybe autocannons?

Thanks.

Depends on the exact spell and table, but generally I'd say around 20 points. Some could get away with 10, others should probably be more, but most fall into the range of being essentially another weapon or piece of wargear.