What is the dopest color for a magic sword?

What is the dopest color for a magic sword?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/68ugkg9RePc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aztec_warfare#Equipment
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Steel colored.

octamaroon

octarine

Clear

My nigga.

So, not OP, but serious question; has anyone else here tried to run a game where non-magical equipment is sometimes/usually superior to magical equipment?

For example, like Carrot's sword in Discworld?

The only right answer.

Aubergine.

Slight blue glow

puse

Vantablack.

is that egoraptor

I think the best part is that his idea of "angel" prominently involves his collection of miniatures.

"Yeah, baby, you want me to fuckin' spoil you? See that Pinkie Pie? It's yours, baby."

Just have one of each color.

A magic sword that makes you believe you are unbeatable

I'm digging that shade of blue.

>color

If video games tell us anything.

Rainbow Jap > Rainbow Western > Red > Blue > Gold

It is, he even tweeted about it.

I personally prefer a nice purple, green if it's nature magic.

Rose Gold

Ignoring your pic, Vantablack would legit be neat.

its magic ability is to express abstract concepts via coloration

I think it looks cooler to have a normal colored sword with a magic aura, or glowing.

None.

>He decides to be yuor devil

Gold.
Fuckin' GOOOOOLD

Came here to post this.

My orangutan

Holy shit yes. Wish I'd thought of this. Also wish those fuckers would release the process.

The one on the left is Chinese

As this song says:

youtu.be/68ugkg9RePc

Ignore these faggots. Gold is always dope.

Gold is for fags. Silver is the only fucking answer.

Bronze and copper have a pretty nice color when they aren't covered in shitty turquoise rust.

Normal sword with some shiny-ass runes on it, colored appropriately depending on effect.

transparent orange

RUST!

>release the process
>implying anyone here is capable of creating carbon nanotube lattice work much less heat treating a carbon nanotube forest until it bonds to a surface without the material losing structural proporties.

It takes a very special person to pull off a golden sword. Know your limits and what works best for you.
Shining white generally looks pretty dope on everyone however.

We really were fucked with vantablack
From what I recall, two different companies managed to make it
The first one sold the rights instantly to some artistic cunt who prides himself on being "teh only one" and the second one works only ofr the NASA
SO it's at least 10 years to wait if one of them can be considered a brand title, or more

Purple
Its the color of emperors

The soft white-blue glow of Cherenkov radiation is pretty rad.

Greened bronze. Since old magic is almost always best majic a sword from before the iron age can be enchanted with some dopest spells from tmes casters and enchanter were few and had the acces to biger portions of the word's magic.

>he can't see octarine

They didn't sell the rights to produce it - he's an artist, not a lab guy - they just sold the rights to use it in his art, for millitary and commercial applications, they do it themselves.
It's also subject to a lot of export and import controls due to the production.

And they got to piss off a load of artists, which is kind of worth it

It's also, not coincidentally, the color of pimps.

Purple or Black for some nice Void Magic or some Cthulhu bs like that

>MFW the one sword page I follow had this pic uploaded and people had legit serious discussions about what sword was best for real life combat

Like seriously fuck, mate. Couldn't unfollow fast enough.

The fuck is Vantablack?

>people had legit serious discussions about what sword was best for real life combat
>real life combat
>with decorative swords
I didn't need this.

Some mixture that makes a super dark black that's way overhyped.

That only works for chainsaws

It's a material so black that any image of it I link will look shopped.

Something glowy. Sting was bitchin. Burning runes are also dope

I know nothing about what makes a good sword and shit IRL but I wanna say the one on the far left would be best?

My personal preference is to have magic swords look like regular swords, like you can't even tell that it's magic until you either use it, have it used on you or study it with some magic.

Sometimes they're good quality swords, other times they're worn and used swords, but always swords first and foremost.

Then, sometimes I like to mix it up with fancy and magical looking magic swords, but those are never meant for combat, and any magic they have is of the non-combat kind, more useful hanging over the mantelpiece or during ceremonial functions.

that must be shopped: no goblet would have such a tiny base

very wrong translation.
if you're refering to the roman imperial color "purpura", it's crimson, not purple.

The worst one was one dude going "I'll pick the two-edged one because when the one is blunted from all the fighting I can just flip it around"

They're all equally shit, mate. Only use them when you have nothing else to defend yourself with and only until you have an opening to run away.

Really magic swords should be made of materials that aren't even metal, like glass or bone.

I've personally been toying with the idea of an immortal BBEG having a legendary magic sword, with a bunch of differing opinions and stories about its appearance or what it's made of, and for it to turn out in the end that it's just a simple, beat up bronze short sword.

they got rectangular grip cross-section, wich is already an incredible improvement from most of the stupid decorative swords, which means they might actually be a slight bit useful.

still, they appear way too thick, and so logically, overweighted, looks like it's stainless steel, which means it's pure shit. Probably unbalanced as hell, and I would be more than astonished if they even considered a bit the hilt's vibrations.

As far as "the less horrible goes", I'd choose the far left one as the shape of the blade looks kinda ok, the three in the middle as they got some kind of a crossguard (even if it's more of an guard embryo than anything else, who the fuck creates a sword without hilt? O_o), and the far right and left ones as they tried to reduce the overall weight, although in a stupid manner.

TL;DR : five shiny pieces of shit.

I've once tried to find a decent answer to the question of "What are the advantages of single edged and double edged swords each and in what situations would they excell?" and let me fucking tell you, that was a rabbit hole of autism and shitposting the likes I've seldom witnessed.

bone body with glass edge. Might be worth a look, although you'll have to be very careful of the balance, be sure you got a 100% foolproof method to attach the glass to the bones.
Also you want the bone part to be as much one piece as possible and to conserve as much as you can of the original bone structure for your sword to be as solid as you can.

Metal's good.

if you wanted good and based answers to these kind of questions, I reccomand the youtuber skallagrim, especially his most recent work.

My librarian

I'm in a similar frame of mind recently. Really wanna do something where the PCs go looking for some ancient sword of immeasurable power which turns out to be the most rusted, beat-up, shitey looking thing they've ever seen.

It's still super powerful, just not as an actual sword.

>implying anyone here is capable of creating carbon nanotube lattice
I'd go for a DSA-trilayer lattice lithography on monocrystalline silicon, followed by a high aspect ratio plasma etching and only then carbon deposition, if only because I want the sword to have good mechanical properties.

I could do that in the week if I had the time.

See, you're thinking about shit like "Structural stability" and "balance" on a Magic Fucking Sword.

It's made of glass, but in never breaks. It's made of bone, but it never chips. It's made of bronze, but it never bends. It's made of something that looks like flowing water, but it cuts like a knife.

The dopest magic sword isn't a piddly steel longsword some wizard did magic to, it's a sword that's made BY magic, OF magic. Something a hammer can't shape, that a forge can't heat, that a grindstone can't sharpen.

I'm also into the Kill Six Billion Demons mentality that there is a threshold of swordsmanship where you stop needing a sword, and starting BEING a sword.

>silicon
>sword
>good mechanical properties
U wut

>monocrystalline silicon
Heh its slightly harder than the hardest steel, but it chips easily

Interestingly, recent reports have shown that our idea of the 'proper' colour of a sword might be a relic of overzealous museum curators. It's perfectly possible purely through forging techniques to make a sword any number of colours, even more with treating the blade.

My brother of Howondalandic origin.

Is that another one of those guys talking out of their ass like Lindy, or does he actually know what he's talking about? I've become a bit wary when it comes to guys on youtube talking about weapons and history.

He's a fat nerdy scandi that moved to Murrica or Canada or something new world-ish and does regular test-cutting vids where he states what type of weapon replica from which retailer he uses in what circumstances so I'm pretty sure he's Veeky Forumss best friend.

I don't remember him doing a video on single vs. double edged, though.

>For example, like Carrot's sword in Discworld
It was magic sword, in a way.
For example in "Last Hero" Cohen had +5 magic sword, but Carrot had class ability that made his sword a +6 magic swords, because story demands it.
It is like a wizard casting magic item on sword and giving it +X bonus, the spell does not work on already magical weapon. In that situation using non-magical sword is better then using lightly magical.

Also all things in Discworld is magic

Isn't chipping a representative of hardness? Like, all the rocks on the hardness scale can mark rocks below them. Is that not the same as chipping?

Is "On fire" a colour?

Weathered is the only appropriate answer. Heafty and worn with time, stained with the blood of its unquenchable lust. Only flashy faggots need something that looks fancy, real men prefer practicality and something visually intimidating.

White < Green < Blue < Purple < Orange

Rainbow.

He began in his early years as described.
Nowadays he actually began sparring at suite a good level and got its shit together.

Tes, even for a magic sword, balance is important, because, even if it's magic if you can't fight for shit with it, it's rather useless.

But actually, I was rather tginking on how to male a non magic viable sword with those materials.

This Emprah is on FIRAAAH

Look up Aztec weaponry. They didn't have metal, but they did have wooden paddles that could chop a horse's head off. You see, instead of metal, they'd edge their weapons with volcanic glass.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aztec_warfare#Equipment

It's a synthetic pigment that is super-duper light absorbing. So it's literally the darkest black you can possibly dye/paint anything.

The *weird* part though, is that a single random artist signed a contract with the people holding the patent on Vantablack's production process, saying he's the only person who's allowed to purchase the shit for the purposes of making art. A large number of professional artists are fucking pissed about this.

Let me guess, none of them even tried to offer him style lessons to "improve his artistic repertoire" for $80 per session.

So I don't know anything about the artist himself, but I somehow doubt he'd give any offer a second thought even in an area that'd really pay off

Its not actually a pigment, you can't paint with it so much as you can coat things with it.

Someone in response to his exclusive contract though, made the Pinkest Pink and requires anyone who buys it to not give it to the Vantablack guy. And then made a pigment only slightly brighter than Vantablack.

>Black & Pink
Outside latex I don't think I've ever seen those colours together

Colour Wheel dudes, hit him where it'll actually hurt

No, chipping means that your material breaks before reaching plastic deformation (within elastic deformation domain).

Its not about mixing black and pink, its about two color people making the brightest most pure colors as hard as they can at each other.

It should be determined by the kind of magic it is and the material its made from.

I understand that, but my point was that banning Vandablack guy only affects him if he wanted to use the pink.

Sure it's a dig and he deserves it, but it doesn't affect him as anything more than an insult, since unless he was doing a power rangers memorial, he'd have no use for it

I always like that black that shines purple or blue. It also nice for night missions in where steel and silvery metals are very obvious.

VantaBlackā„¢

No, banning the Vanta Black guy was about "FUCK YOU, YOU CAN'T OWN A COLOR. EVERYONE IN THE WORLD CAN BUY THIS NEW PINK EXCEPT YOU, YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE!"

Wait how'd they get pink?

Black is the absence of colour so that makes sense, but pink? Where are we on white, blue, red & yellow?

Exactly, but it doesn't really affect him beyond the insult of it. Even if it is justified.

I'm repeating myself

Okay, maybe I fucked up, since nobody is getting this.

Anish Kapoor got an exclusive contract for VantaBlack.

Stuart Semple thinks that is bullshit, and released AN ENTIRELY UNRELATED COLOR PIGMENT PRODUCT called The Pinkest Pink, and stated that by buying it, you agree to not be Anish Kapoor or give Kapoor any.

Kapoor got his hands on some anyway.

Semple then made Almost-Vantablack just to piss off Kapoor

I love that to fuck someone over they went for pink

Like nigga please, get some taste

So it's not the Pinkest Pink in the same way VantaBlack is the Blackest Black, it's just named that?