client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

ericminton.wordpress.com/2014/10/15/ink-monkey-bones-23-new-infernal-hearthstones-part-3/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is there a reason to buy the rider capstone in Inheritance that gives you mary sue elf powers? That will eventually happen just by being a rider anyway.

So, after reading the Inheritance salt pic in the last thread, I've decided to make that my first jump. Any tips for a guy who's probably just going to end up a not!orc sorceror?

If you don't want to be a rider, I guess?

>I didn't want this. I really didn't want this. But there's just so much shiny stuff. And I really like shiny stuff.
>So I don't actually know how to get out.
>Didn't think that through at all.
Good luck?

>I took the crown as it sounded pretty fancy.
Pretty fancy, yes.

>Maybe you should Marmaduke, maybe you should.
To be honest, I have been reading a bunch of Alchemicals stuff lately... Kinda reminding myself of how cool they are.

So. Maybe? Oh god, I'm never going to be done writing Exalted stuff.

>And then I got recursive.
Huh. That is an _interesting_ way of doing it. Cool.

>spoiler
Thank you!

>Is there a specific set of powers for the hearthstone mentioned in the Residence of Shadows (besides relocating the manse every decade)?
There is not, you can pick an appropriate hearthstone power. Thank you for reminding me I should put that in the notes/Manse introduction text.

>If there isn't, what's its approx. dot rating (so I can make them up or use a standard hearthstone's powers)? Sorry if you already answered this somewhere.
5-dot. So you can basically pick any Hearthstone power appropriate for the Ebon Dragon.

Here's a few more Ebby ones in addition to the BWC and Ink Monkeys stuff, sadly no 5-dot though:
ericminton.wordpress.com/2014/10/15/ink-monkey-bones-23-new-infernal-hearthstones-part-3/

>Also just want to clarify that companions get a background and the appropriate discounts on perks and items?
That should be in there... But maybe not clearly enough.

They all get backgrounds and appropriate discounts on perks and items, yes. Infernals get their Caste and Favored Yozi discounts too, while Followers have to make do with just their background discount.

It is the rider capstone.

Hey, I didn't write the thing, I've got no idea why the guy who did put it there.

I just want to present myself in heaven with all my companions and force the UCS to be the best host ever or lose his virtudes and himself killed once his charms stop working.

I totally did not get this idea from Lucifer.

What jumps have Valkyrie waifus?

Because some jumpers may not want to wait a few hundred years for it to happen?

I take it the next page is him either sitting in front of, on, or in the place of the statue?

You can make your own in Overlord.

Be careful with the Ancient Language. Anything you say in it is the truth so if you say you'll do something you have to do it. If you don't know the correct syntax or misunderstand what a word means then it can force you to follow what you said.

If it's your first jump then stay away from the Varden/Galbatorix.

If the king gets hold of you and is planning to mindbreak/kill you he was killed in canon by the protagonist casting a spell forcing him to feel guilt for all of his genocide/murders.

Magic is cast from your life so it takes more effort the harder it'd be to do something without magic and if its to much then it'll kill you. You can however drain life energy from your surroundings (people, plants and animals) to fuel your spells at the cost of feeling their deaths from it from your point of view.

Pretty much every other race hates the Urgals for their belief that prestige is equivalent to how many people you've killed and the implications of what a society like that does.

Everyone follows his example and sit on the ground. Then he forces one of his hosts to insult him so he can leave without eating anything. The food was sacred, so if he ate anything he would be killed, but if he didn't ate anything, he would be killed too because he would offend his host by refusing her hospitality.

Learn the true name of the magic language, it is impossibly OP during the jump and very useful afterwards.

Your people spend the first book being magically enslaved by a gestalt of spirits possessing a man, and the next two trying to earn their redemption by working for the mary sue Rider. You will spend most of your time being feared by the other sentient races for being a brute, except by the dorfs who may bond with you in the heat of battle. Word to the wise-Galbatorix employs at least one more, and he's stronger since Eragon killed the first one while mostly human, but the second put up a fight after he finished his special elf training.

Oh, and your profession? The gestalt of spirits up there is what happens when someone like you calls on too many spirits at once. He gets taken over, and becomse an immortal sociopath. Avoid emotional, impulsive behavior when doing magic.

In short, you will be an intellectual among a race known for prizing martial prowess and having the second worst PR after the Ra'zac, in a profession that can turn you into the thing your people hate if you fuck up.

My advice, therefore, is to be AWESOME at fighting if you want to go from double social pariah to maverick daredevil. Lead raids on thethe ra'zac's den, save dorf regiments from being cut down etc. Maybe bro it up with a guy called Roran who's Eragon's cousin, and manages leading an entire village away from Ra'zac clutches across an ocean with a hammer as his weapon WITHOUT any superpowers. He's in a similar but slightly better position in that he also has to work his way up from nothing.

Alternatively, turn your back on the whole damned conflict and just practice magic innawoods or something. I wouldn't blame you for not wanting anything to do with everyone involved. The books end with the protags deciding urgals aren't so bad after all.

Exquisite. West Wing, Exalted's Mortal Hero Gauntlet and Worm have just the perks for you.

Just remember to keep any arcane links on your person at all times, though.

I think that it's only minor increases for human riders and it takes centuries to get there.

Anybody got any good "fatebreaker" type perks? Things that let you say "fuck destiny" for you and other people? Only one I can think of off-hand is in Infernals.

It is described in the books as having all the changes that occur in a human rider all at once.

I think there's some in Kingdoms of Amalur?

So how do people generally take it when you reveal your nature as a Jumper

Wow, thanks! This might simultaneously be both better and WAY WORSE a time then I had anticipated.

Terminator and Merlin both have strong anti-fate perks.

Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker
Percy Jackson: Pull of Fate (kind of minor though)
Percy Jackson: Fate's Chosen

Sweet, thanks for those replies. Managed to find a Pearl of Shadow Form hearthstone which looks like it will do nicely.

Usually depends on the setting.
A lot of comic/superhero settings pretty much shrug it off. The folks in Worm knew from the start thanks to that drawback, anyway so almost every time I spoke to someone alone their first sentence was some variation of "...So are you going to take me out of here as a companion...?". Nobody was happy.
People in "normal" settings usually just flat out refuse to believe it, unless I back it up with "accept any true things I say" perks. You'd think transporting them into another dimension or casting magic in their face would do it, but they want to believe it's a trick.
People who can use magic in settings with "behind the curtain" magic, like HP, Dresden, Mage, Lovecraft etc. tend to react the worst, but that's because anything that's magic that mages don't understand or can't control is usually Bad News so it's not really their fault.

Jumpers have you ever taken a companion against their will?

Yes. Repeatedly. Over and over. Until they stopped protesting and started to beg for more.

I should have phrased that better...
I meant taken someone off of their world.

Are there any jumps that you can become a psychopomp in?

Honestly, given that the blue feather is a thing, that WAS a valid answer.

Does mindrape count as taking them against their will?

>So. Maybe?

Do it Malamute!

How is the blue feather related to rape?

Grim Fandango.
You even get paid for doing so.

>Love & Agony in the Infernals jump
What are some perks that could let me change them back?

who?

Too many to count.
But mostly your mom

>Pearl of Shadow Form
Not bad. Seems like a fun one.

Oh god, why? Alright. If no one else steps up? Not claiming it yet.

I'm still making other stuff first, notably Lunars and probably Fair Folk (though that second one's slow going for now, so Autobots might actually be before Fae. Maybe.)

how does that work? did you pick up perks in the hentai jump?

Addictive rape? Maybe once you rape them they need to marry you in order to keep their honor?

user, we have enough learning enhancers and charisma perks that we dont NEED to go to one of those jumps to do that.

Um-

-right. Right, that, of course.

Not a companion, no. NEVER a companion. My calling's risk enough without turning my back to someone I can't trust absolutely.

It was Kara no Kyoukai jump. I happened to find myself as part of a psychic family bloodline. I confess, it was the first time I'd had a sibling in a background.

My sibling's name was Asagami Fujino. She was a nice girl with a bright future ahead of her who didn't deserve what a bunch of little shits in an alley had been doing to her for who knows how long.

It was the first time I'd had a sibling in a long, long time.

It was the first time for a long while I'd become so attached to someone new after Ravenloft.

After I finishing wiping their pieces off the alley, that fucking bitch Shiki went after her thinking she'd finally lost it. I'll spare the ensuing grudge fight wherein I took her dense boyfriend's soul hostage and she cut off my legs, but suffice to say I realised someone else was to blame.

That someone? Our own stepfather. The dumb bastard who, sensing the redundancy of our demon hunting bloodline, neutered her gift with medication.

...I'd need several medical diagrams to explain what I did to him. If you really want ideas, look up Unit 731. I'll only say that when I was done, he couldn't stop screaming because he had been tortured into thinking he was Fujino.

Needless to say, for the actual Fujino's sake I had to do it in secret; none of my companions would have been able to stomach what I did to him.

The relevant part is: I podded him to complete his punishment.

I shanghaid him on Davy Jones' ship two jumps later. I actually retrieved Jones' heart-and gave it back in exchange for recruiting the sack of poisoned meat and broken bones into his immortal crew.

That man isn't going to die for a long, long time for what he did to his own family.

Darksiders, and you can be descended from one in Percy Jackson.

>learning enhancers
Not sure how those would help.
>charisma perks
Charisma/=sexual prowess though.

>>learning enhancers
>Not sure how those would help.
Learn how to sex.

Duh.

>...I'd need several medical diagrams to explain what I did to him. If you really want ideas, look up Unit 731.
Really? That's a rather crass thing to invoke for your self-insert power fantasy story. Way too edgy.

Right. But even if you do sex really well I'm not sure your victims would beg for more. You could make them orgasm sure but mindbreak is something else entirely.

Sweet, Sweet Candy

Hard work and effort over a long period of time. Emphasis on hard. And on long.

>Needless to say, for the actual Fujino's sake I had to do it in secret; none of my companions would have been able to stomach what I did to him.

Get better companions.

Hey, to be fair? My whole chain was supposed to start out as a cosmic horror story. With tragedy. And horror. Not that other thing.

What, did you really think I became a skinny shadow made of despair for no reason way back in the day?

Unfortunately it's...kind of hard to write one when you become a different kind of wizard or ninja every couple of decades.

I think ActRaiser has a building that can do it. The Elyos of Aion apparently have really buff ressurection spells, as do Warcraft priests/paladins of the Light.

I met all the ones morally flexible enough to help me hide the body later on, unfortunately. I did end up with quite a lot of those, though.

You couldn't have just tossed him to the good doctor Fran? Or stick him in one of the nastier inception tier genjutsus? Or turn him into a candelabra?

>What, did you really think I became a skinny shadow made of despair for no reason way back in the day?
No, but I didn't expect you'd write a story where you emulate one of the greatest crimes against humanity ever perpetrated and then tell us about it. Like I said, kind of crass to use that as a detail in your dark and edgy power fantasy.

>He doesn't have a dimension of pain and torment to throw the mailboys who are late

Nope! I wouldn't meet her for another hundred jumps-and besides, she means well. She could've never administered the personal touch needed to actually inflict the level of debasement and horror I was after at the time.

Eh, genjutsus can't be that bad surely? And besides, Naruto was one jump after Pirates.

I should probably bring up the fact that my chain started well before those jumps were made, so I had to make do with what I had at the time you know?

Oh, and I didn't have enough candlewax.

Fair enough. Times change, I suppose.

>I think ActRaiser has a building that can do it. The Elyos of Aion apparently have really buff ressurection spells, as do Warcraft priests/paladins of the Light.
Agony isn't technically dead though. You'd need something to undo their transformation into black iron instead.

And Love's soul probably needs to be seperated from the labyrinth ore of the Soulsteel, before you could resurrect her. And then given therapy to deal with the horrific trauma of soulforging.

...I have no idea what perks would help with that though. I'm sure there's some perks to reverse transformations, less sure about perks to extract solidified soul.

Well, The Cure from Supernatural might work. I think it was meant to be used on stuff like Vampires and Werewolves, but the wording is "beings that were once human," so it might work. You'd still need to throw a lot of magic at the problem, however. And one of them is technically dead, so that'll be a bit of a hitch too.

I think I may have heard something about an possible, eventual update to the Soul Eater jump that would let you import weapons, so that might eventually work as a sneaky, fiat-backed workaround.

Oh yeah. The whole alive-dead soul bound in artifact thing's always been kind of nebulous to me. Like, chalcanth-dissolved demons died to give inhuman life essence to the artifact but the 2CDs bound into warstriders are kind of alive right? Or something?

Sounds like a job for MtAw magic, then. Life+Matter for transformation out of black iron, Death+Fate+I Cheat (JLD) for liberating Love's soul while finding some other price than your own death to pay the toll. For best results, also take Resolved Casting and Unbound Casting to pierce through the mystic structure of the artifacts that binds their souls.

Then Mind+Spirit to invoke the goetic demonic manifestations of their trauma and do some proper cathartic headology by giving them some holy axes to beat the crap out of them.

>I think it was meant to be used on stuff like Vampires and Werewolves

I did think of this but figure this would be a roadblock, yeah. Initially I was sceptical, but then I remembered in season 11 a witch gathers a bunch of souls into a spirit bomb argh wait no that's retarded what the fuck witches OP so...maybe?

Well, I don't consider myself an expert on Exalted by any metric, but have you considered using Sidereal martial arts to change them back by breaking the swords with your head?

Other than the LoT or Asgerd are there any other good fuck huge ships to import as an ACU?

It's kinda nebulous, yeah. I /think/ a demon used in an artifact is technically still alive, if transfigured into a something else? But I'm not sure on that?

Sounds like it might work. But I have no knowledge of MtAw, so I couldn't say.

Might work for the malfean black iron, not entirely sure if Pattern Spider Touch or something would be able to do that?

But probably not for the Soulsteel... And that's kind of a dealbreaker for them.

Is there any reason to buy perks which make you better with your skills or powers? That will eventually happen just by being an immortal anyway.

So, I was looking at the Yoshi's Island jump and I stumbled across this:

>Geometric Blast - Even without a magic wand, you can toss magical blasts at your foes. These mysterious blats take the form of a square. circle, and triangle. Regardless of the target, it inflicts exactly an eight of their maximum health in damage to them. A slow-moving ranged attack.

Is this really as good as it sounds? An infallible killing-curse cluster whose primary weakness can be averted by timestop/holding someone in place/teleporting behind them? Did the jumpmaker ever rule on its upper limits?

Has Zombies from Call of Duty as a gauntlet been discussed before, and if not would anyone be interested in such a thing?

Anyone who you'd want to be subject to those upper limits will probably have ways to no-sell your timestop, teleport, etc..

Nope.

And I know I'm supposed to say yes but-sorry, not really feeling it. Can't think of anything interesting about CoD or zombies without a really good sell.

>That spoiler

Shit. I hadn't considered that angle.

Fuck. Maybe I won't take that drawback after all.

Eh, I never buy those anyway. A Jumper has all the time in the universe.

No and I bought the game for Zombies only, I'm a bit of a shameless Easter Egg hunter on it as it's what my friends and I have been between Sadistic DM/ST weekends. So, yeah I'd jump that gauntlet!

Let's see here. The Pack-a-Punch would be a neat thing, as would the Staffs/Fists/etc. I haven't managed to figure out the whole thing about the Nazi (?) giant robots yet. A little girl's hope chest full of guns for cheap with a upgrade that makes it a Mystery Box maybe. The dimesnion tech that is used by Rick and Co. would also be neat as fuck, also a perk that prevents paradoxes from erasing your ass and another one so we can take Sam's place and 'Get used to the Evil' for our Bad Jumpers.

Aside from forging weapons with your own loyal demons (be it from Infernals or somewhere else), what other ways are to make a weapon unsaleable?

>unsaleable
uh?

Removing training time?

Even if you're immortal, the time that you can spent in each jump is limited.

Unstealable*

Anti theft from Monster Hunter
Unlootable from FFTA

Almost never. Unless it also includes magical knowledge and techniques, as it's not guaranteed that you'll learn those. Also, if it's a high-powered setting and doing so will significantly enhance your actual power or survivability (or if training will take a long-ass time) as in Overlord or Bayonetta.

That one perk from medaka box nullifies any coincidence - for you and your enemy.

Nah, that drawback is hilarous, especially if you also are Taylor's passenger. Gotta make her life as terrible as possible, to keep the spirit of the series.

Are there any jumps with good nanotech for making self upgrading stuff?

Well, the thing, I fluffed the drawback for my chain slightly. For every jump I did, at a countdown pace to my arrival, a piece of media detailing that jump was released per day.

Webcomics. Visual novel. Manga. Game mod. Live action webcast. Ect, ect.

I'm also 99% certain I didn't come up with the idea and probably grabbed it from the thread.

I think it's fair to say that we've all had our dark days made better by fictional characters. And Worm has had a fair share of dark days.

So, uh, yeah. I just had the mental image of Taylor or Amy giving my jumper that line, never mind a few others.

There's gonna be a lot of disappointed people in that jump.

the shard from Green Lantern animated.

I was thinking of having two origins, one being 'zombie slayer' and the other being 'demonic announcer'. I was also toying with the idea of being able to choose which dimension you start in, such as Original zombies timeline and Origins zombies timeline, but I just remembered that they dimension hop quite a bit in Blops 3.

I like the idea of Demonic Announcer being a choice, with perks along the lines of having a source of 115 and being able to change the way the world worked in a specific area, with doors costing points and chalk on walls spawning weapons, along with the perkacolas.

That might work out. Some folks might cry OTB if you don't balance them too well though.

Kinda sorta? I fanwank that anyone i marry becomes a companion, as do my children.

Well, actually I fluctuate that depending on my mood, but not the point.

Anyways, I got into a fight over a macguffin, and both me and the villain ended up with reality warping powers for a short time.

Long story short, I ended up married to the heroine, and accidentally gave her some not-quite-necromantic powers.

OTB? And yeah, it might be difficult to balance the two. I'll see how it all pans out, with what perks I can think of.

Also, before I get started and make a mistake, is their a guide or basic rules for Gauntlets?

Infernals?

>OTB?
One True Build, basically don't make it so one is greater than the other for balance.

>Also, before I get started and make a mistake, is their a guide or basic rules for Gauntlets?
Not that I know of. When I asked on thread the answer was to look at the way the gauntlets already made had been built.

OTB = One True Build : a.k.a what happens when practically all builds are identical and take the same things because doing otherwise would be inefficient / penalise you / etc.

How would I go about hardening my gear against anti-magic?

Anti-anti-magic, obviously.

I think Lyrical Nanoha has a perk for it?

Not relying on magic of course.

What jumps have the best plate armor?

Magic The Awakening also had a perk for that.

You could probably get armor made of literal plates in Toriko.

probably blame! since there is an option to get Your suit Reinforced with megastructure material and that stuff is crazy strong.

Get one forged in Exalted.

Could you actually get fully functional shirtless armor in Exalted?

Can you call your Third Circle demons out of your Inner World at will or is it hard to do like summoning one from Malfeas?

Yes. Discreet Essence Armor projects a durability-reinforcing field over your body with no need for physical armor. Default appearance is a set of bracers and anklets, but you could build it into other decorations.

Yozi ones can't leave without summoning because their Yozi's are bound by the Oaths.

If you're not bound by any oaths like that, they can come and go as you let them, I guess.

So, if I wanted to make a superhero-style character who was an Audiokinetic, what would the best jumps for that be?

I would probably go to Tsukihime for the Memory Partitioning, and maybe Marvel for the Kinesis, but I was also wanting to make some sick speakers with something like the Mud out of the new Fate jump, and I can't decide how to do that. Just using mud that contains the essence of all the world's evils seems... irresponsible

I'm not really looking for Ar Tonelico style magic, just Audiokinesis(or whatever the fuck it would be called)