Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Tell me about the last time this game filled you with a sense of wonder and adventure.

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU (embed)

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
Malefex Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread:

Last week, when my DM ran his last session before going back out to see in the navy.

>Tell me about the last time this game filled you with a sense of wonder and adventure.

Literally never, I won't lie.

Same

I lurk more often than not, since as I've learned, posting with my trip on rarely leads to good things unless I'm shilling. Something new of mine got posted recently, but god, the overall quality of the layout just...god...

Have you considered hiring Forrest for layout? Her stuff is fucking GREAT.

When do apps for molthune knights close again?

>Tell me about the last time this game filled you with a sense of wonder and adventure.

Last year, when I was starting a campaign with a new group and discovered the other players were awesome and the DM knew what she was doing.

It was *magical.* There was this feeling that the world held more - more places to see, NPCs to speak with, opportunities to grow or develop or make filthy lucre. There was a world outside of the starting village, and I knew in the months to come we'll see it.

It happens now and again, though the most recent games I played were a little grittier than wondrous. There was a desert campaign we played a while back that I loved pretty much from start to finish-all kinds of strange lands and fantastical encounters.

That would indicate that I'm a publisher. If I knew the layout of this project was going to be ass, I would have suggested her, but I 'try' to have faith in my publishers...try...

Replace faith with liquor. It does wonders.

It lasted longer than 2 sessions. Still amazed.

What's the best faith-producing liquor?

>mfw people in these threads prove Paizo is correct in the shit they talk by driving off the few actual developers that try to speak directly to them

Well tears can be turned into wine.

Gin. Scotch. Vodka from a plastic jug

Hey, don't shit on plastic jug vodka. It's inexpensive and notice no difference in taste compared to the "higher end" stuff. I'm just being frugal and destroying my liver for cheap.

Tears of befriended enemies.

>mfw ForrestxJolly teamup likely won't happen for a long time
>mfw Jolly will never have a publisher he truly deserves

It's a very sad time to be alive.

>mfw I'm so forgetful that I ended up starting an entire document for all the things I want to suggest for LV2, if it ever happens

Never, really.
I'd rather play 2e D&D, or 4e, or RoS, or Shadowrun, or lot of shit.
There is nothing new or surprising about the game because it has been, almost by necessity, so thoroughly dissected, it's every multitudinous fault exposed.
I honestly hate the game, but I play it because I can still have fun with good friends.

Hunch Punch Lightnin', it's 40% ABV of surprisingly tasty liquor guaranteed to get you drunk after a few chugs.

After enough liquor it all tastes the same. Push past the first few shots and save money. Good strategy.

>tfw no fluffy2 decisions for this entire month

I wouldn't say that, I've had some shitty Buffalo Trace that almost made me throw up after the second shot, and I was already a little liquored up from Kraken.

Ok so I'm fairly inexperienced GM from Europe and still poking for interest for EU evening Paizo AP game

>shot
>of Buffalo Trace
>mixing dark liquors
You deserved everything you got.

Truly a sad time.
Plenty of time to work on my sheet tho.

Anyone else looking forward to Starfinder? I am, mostly because I want to run a sci-fi game but the FLGS has not tried not playing D&D or any of its derivatives. I did play Stars Without Number and it was great, but the DM had to cancel due to actually having a life. At the very least it would give the Pathfinder's sci-fi elements some realistic place in the world.

What decent publishers are there, anyway? Is there anyone out there with a good track record that can actually pay the few worthwhile writers that exist?

I want to play a genetically-engineered super soldier!

I'm not aspbergers enough to crunch out a sheet for a game I don't know if I'm a player in. Hell, I can't even coordinate my backstory revision with anyone. I need some loving Ara Ara~ molestation but I don't know who to link up with.

I'm sure Forrest and I fill find something to collab on sooner or later, especially with how I bounce from publisher to publisher. Right now I'm still working on my secret project, #drake99, which I hope can be publicly playtested.

I've also got SoC on my plate and I want to help make that as solid as possible.

Nope. There is basically no money in 3pp.

The fifth.

>sidecut + cornrows right on the cover
So I guess we're beginning as we mean to go on.

Well Legendary's pretty nice about it most times, although when I first started working for them it took a while for everything to get settled. Everyman Games was pretty good about it too.

So do I, but it feels out of place in normal Pathfinder. There's a huge technological jump from "post-Renaissance/early Enlightenment" in the more civilized areas to "NANOMACHINES, SON" in Numeria. The entire setting is a kitchen sink, but that stretches my suspension of disbelief. Call it autism.

Those haircuts are the future of female fashion! The future!

I'm pretty excited for it, yeah. Seems like it could potentially be a lot of fun.

I, for one, don't mind at all.

>So do I, but it feels out of place in normal Pathfinder.

That's why I said I want to play a genetically-engineered super soldier in Starfinder!

But yeah, I understand entirely what you mean. It's also why I get the autisms when someone makes a katana-wielding Asian in a Brevoy campaign.

Don't hate the sidecut on the head, but the sidecut in the heart.

If they use acg as a starting point for their classes then I'm interested.

It was fine when one or two pieces of character art looked like Christy Mack, but that 'do is really overdone at this point.

Also, It's SJW-bait, so I want to keep as far from it as possible

>It's SJW-bait

jesus fucking christ, go back to /v/ please.

Sjws only exist online and in a few universities. Don't worry.

>dat spoiler
What about if they're an ulfen who won it off a Tian expatriate, or the son of one who did?

Sidecuts are boring and overdone indicators of "this girl is young, spunky and ready to mingle."

I just want some adorable curls or long hair or even a short crop cut.

>They don't exist, stop complaining

This is terrible advice when we've been following it for years and things have only gotten worse.

That's okay!

How about the creator just use what ever style they want?

You're a fucking retard but I'm going to politely ask you to stop before this goes any further.

>Insults someone
>Then requests they do something for them

But why?

>Sidecuts are boring and overdone indicators of "this girl is young, spunky and ready to mingle."
Artist uses trope: news at eleven.

>things have only gotten worse.
Literally where?

You know what? Nevermind. We both know you won't change your mind and this is a waste of time.

We're complaining about creators wanting to use that style all the time, user. Not that the creator decided to use it this time.

I've read that asking favors from people that dont' like you makes it more likely for them to like you.

Wow, trying to force your artistic view points onto artists. Fucking SJWs trying to control everything.

Well, nothing for it but to wait and see, I guess. Still wish we could hear more about what they're doing.

All that does is make you look like a huge asshole. It's smug, dismissive attitudes like that which made Trump win.

He's Jolly, not Gareth

Would you have preferred Hillary instead?

Nah, I voted for Trump.

Who's your favorite potential pair of characters in RotJR and why is it Kyler and Seht?

Dude, what? Trying to work with people to better your bonds is smug and dismissive?

>gets told for having a persecution complex and thinking that "art i don't like" = "sjw taking over"
>anime reaction image
>this is why trump won
Fucking perfect.
Jesus christ...

>/pfg/ is starting to talk about Politics

NONE OF THAT!

SHAME ON YOU!

ITS TIME TO STOP!

I'm going to stop this before it gets shit and instead change the subject.

Anyway, ISWG Lore Dumper user here. Are there any other provinces in the Inner Sea besides Molthune and Brevoy KURWA! that people would like to hear about? If so, I can try to make a new series of lore dump posts in the same format as the last two.

Art dump? Everyone show me your favorite character image! Bad guy, good guy, monster, doesn't matter. Just your favorite image!

There is no discussion here. You can't "discuss" things with children. We are just laughing at them.

Think you can do a dump on Ustalav?

Sure, just gimme a bit

Better strap in, honeybun, because we're going to have four years of this!

The media doubling down on their bullshit is going to get obnoxious.

>Trying to work with people to better your bonds is smug and dismissive?

Insulting someone's intelligence and then immediately saying they should do what you want them to do is pretty shitlord behavior.

It's not my fault some people get immeasurably butthurt at someone holding a different opinion than them.

I want a technomage, but I've no idea how to pull it off. Shame, that.

Oh hey, there it is again.

Four years, majority in the House, Senate, White House and possibly Supreme Court.

Look, cunt, you know that Veeky Forums is not the place for politics in the slightest, so don't take that tack when you inevitably are being a hypocrite.

Fuck, man, I have too many to list a favorite.

Eight years of bush and we got a black president. Four years from now we will have a third-wave gender-politics-feminist practicing-wiccan asian trans man for a president.

I think that girl's haircut is really, really cute!

Golden eyes are really nice too.

I have strong doubts due to the extremely closed-door process they've used, especially after more or less saying that they hadn't much enjoyed people picking apart the mechanics in pathfinder with playtests when it's supposed to be ready to go to sales.

Probably we won't even see ships capable of holding their own against a level 2 spellcaster or a level 8+ any class; they'll probably take multiple rounds to fire "because theyre siege weapons lol" or some other dumb shit, and tech will still suck just as bad especially with "well since it's common there's now ten times as many spells to completely negate it"

I've got a question! A really interesting one!

Assuming you got into Molthune Knights or RotJR, who would you want to have in the party with you?

Hard Mode: It's based on the player, not just the character.

I was under the impression that magic was taking a back seat to technology for Starfinder.

I was also under the impression that PF was supposed to fix a lot of 3.5

Remember when glitterdust only allowed one save?

I honestly haven't looked much at the other applicants characters, and don't know the players very well. I only know the /pfg/ meme characters which isn't anything to base this choice off of.

Who do you think are the front runners to Fluffy2?

Seht, and at the moment, Shizuka, Onryou, Kyler, Casimir, Etan.

Me!

... after I actually apply.

>Rubio because dude quests lmao
>Amandia, because robot gunslinger girls are adorable
>Casimir, since he's a vet and needs to teach all those darn kids a lesson
>Silvia, because the character and the player deserve nice things
>Shizuka and Onryou, I can't wrap my head only having one of them, even though I kinda like Shizuka more
>I kind of like MOST of the character pitches, desu, even though I haven't bothered reading through the entirety of most of them

Best of luck to your DM, user!

That's what the information they've leaked so far has indicated. The casting classes are apparently going to be more like Warlocks or Kineticists with narrower versatility and more at-will functionality, while integrated technology like jet packs and power armor will be common tools. Assuming they are using the basic Pathfinder rules like they've indicated, it seems like they'll be squeezing everything towards a Tier 3 middle-ground.

People who still have issues with Pathfinder are simply complaining they are playing DnD
And you can't fix DnD

Thank you for the kind words of encouragement, everyone! I would be honored to be one of the lucky people chosen for RotJR, but I really hope that everyone has a fair chance of getting in!

I should hope mine Sohyon[\spoiler] is

>vast majority of issues are unique to a single version of D&D out of 6+ editions
>talks about D&D as though his preferred version is the correct one