MTG Lore Thread

Surprised no one is talking about this: an actually good story with believable characters and some only mildly agitating parts to push through. Hell, Chandra was the best character in this article. I was pleasantly surprised, I even teared up at a few parts. I clocked the word count out to around 14,400 words.

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/burn-2017-01-04

What do you guys think of Gideon's budding romance with Chandra?

People are talking about it though, but they're only talking about the trigger warning and how it makes them mad.

Chandra has wanted to ride the Gideon train to pound town since they met.

Owo what's this

>Chandra will never try to strangle you
Why live

>an actually good story

Troll thread is troll. Claiming that MTG is good, or the story is not worth dogshit? Disgusting lies.

Or the OP has become infected with SJWism

Reposting from another thread since this is more lore-related.

>>Do you believe that Aether Revolt is WOTC's open support of the 2nd Amendment. It revolves entirely around the rebellion of the people against an out of control government which has restricted access to aether (weapons). We see a thriving and peaceful community who recognizes the danger of unilateral control of the aether tale up arms against an overzealous government. Aether access is restricted due to the government understanding the necessity of it in conflict. To take away people's means of defending themselves you have complete dominance over the population.

OP here, feel free to shoot me down or whatever, but I honestly really liked this story. Here's what I liked.

We got to see Chandra get to a breaking point, we got to see her interact with the other end of the color pie. Even the prose and syntax of the story was good. Chandra still said "Gids" but it's not like the writer made her try too hard or tried to make it an established thing. Even her internal dialogue was fine; far more bearable than the one where she spaghetti'd in front of Nissa. Baral was an absolute king in this chapter, even though his taunts were basically all the same. He reminded me a little of Ob Nixilis. Gideon showed his colors really well and we got to see some history between him and Chandra that I honestly forgot about. Even the Purifying Flame thing, I didn't even remember it after the BFZ fiasco. Edgy Shadowblayde came back, but since she had enough charisma to pass off her name, I didn't really complain. I thought it was cute.

Thankfully Jace was entirely absent from this chapter. I can only stand him in small bursts. Liliana too, it feels like she's there solely to be muh dark spooky princess.

Overall, it really felt like they "fixed" something I hated about Chandra's character. I still didn't like how she interacted with Nissa but I found myself complaining less about it in the face of Gideon's emotions. I liked it when Chandra wasn't just throwing fireballs and being angry or sulking about her mom. When it was just her and Gideon talking on the roof.

Now granted it's not a masterpiece by any means, but I honestly think this is one of the better articles to have come out of this block, close to up to par with the Ajani story we just got.

End blog post.

You could at least try.

Naya Threesome for the win

Also Dovin Baan is now and forever DovinBased

Also this french asshole actually made me sympathize with Chandra, she comes off as a burn shit childish dumbass to us but thats only becasue her head is a mess of ptsd suicidal ideation and crippling trauma.

Also I love taking advantage of walkers interacting. Dovin recognizes Tezz becasue of etherium and Bolas' tats, Baral only lost to Chandra becasue he didnt compensate for Nissa's plants, Dovin takes advantage of Gideon being from a lower tech plane to out maneuver him with airships.

Also Lilli being queen bitch of the universe.

But Kaladesh was a fucking techno utopia until Tezz came around.

We have one set of fucking aetherpunk paradise and then another one of KILL SHIT BURN IT DOWN FUCK EVERYTHING.

And its funny how both the revolution of america and the aether revolt were sparked by elites who the regulation actually effected, not the common man.

I'm sure most civilians are probably just pissed at the whole thing.

I really hope Dovin Baan survives and goes on to be the New Consul

Lightning Helix all the way, fuck the one-dimensional elf.

This.

If I have to hear "For Zendikar" one more time I'm going to put an axe through the computer screen.

There's support for it, at least on one side.

Pretty nice.

Good story, liked how they acknowledge Chandra being a stupid kid and working on that base is nice, reading how Chandra minds really works was neat also, she just an impulsive child.

Also Boros couple best couple.

Futhermore, this kind of 2 to 3 characters of the Gatewatch interaction is better than the shitty power rangers style they were going.

7.8/10 solid story would read again.

What am I reading here?

>Also Lilli being queen bitch of the universe.
She doesn't get to be that. Only BW Kerrigan is that.

It's from the part where Chandra tries to strangle Baral iirc

Does she succeed?

No she fails miserably.

Dovin Baan is fast becoming my new favorite character. His bureaucratic hyper competence is hilarious. I hope they don't make him job.

Wait i thought they made her gay? She's after Gideon now? If so FUCK YES.

I for one welcome lot of Naya threesome for Life, Love and JUSTICE!!!!!

Ajani's gonna be pissed about getting cucked by Chandra.

I hope she gets with gideon and they kill him off for cheap drama so we never have to deal with his bullshit mechanic again

You just know it's going to eventually be a love triangle handicap lez-off consisting of Chandra+Yahenni+Nissa/Liliana(pick one)

Eventually Nissa will fall in love with Yahenni's delicious pure aether clungeworks and Chandra will have kinky sex with Liliana until lesbian bed death sets in and Liliana misses Jace's sweet mindgaming boycock.
Possibly a Grixis threesome of Jace/Liliana/Chandra where Chandra gets cucked because despite her enthusiasm can't actually handle all the hardcore fucked up shit Jace and Lily are into.
Then Chandra will rebound onto Gideon's beastly dick like the needy and confused little girl she is for vanilla sex.

I want to fuck the smug right off her face.

No.

Leftists will not make the connection, neither will Wizards. They literally can separate their beliefs like that. It's fucking weird.

In other news, Tezzeret and Dovin Baan are cute af together.

>"I am curious," Baan ventured. "What is the significance of the tattoos on your forehead?"

>Tezzeret's eyes flickered up and down the length of him, reading his scrupulously neutral posture. "They are to remind me of a debt." One corner of his mouth bent upward, humorlessly. "I wonder, Baan. What flaws do you see when you look at me?"

>He considered, briefly. "On that matter, I think it prudent to keep my conclusions to myself."

>The Grand Consul barked a short, sharp laugh. "You're not stupid."

>He supposed that was what passed for a compliment from Tezzeret.

so is she gay or what, if the sjws are going to ruin everything with being lbgt, i need to know that shit ahead of time if they're going to make something that fake a constant force shit just so that .0005 percent of San Francisco's population can continue to ignore card games, at LEAST give me something to jerk it to

>Baral hates mages
>The Consulate hates mages
>Is a mage himself
>That works for the Consulate
???

Doesn't seem like it, she probably was troubled over the muhmuh elf perfection and the gentleness of the retconned Nissa.

>state bans weapons
>army has weapons
>army works for state
?!?!?!?!?

The state doesn't ban weapons. They ban some people from having weapons. You don't see the miltiary kicking down someone door, jerking off their guns while shouting FUCKING GUNS, WE'LL DESTROY ALL THESE FILTHY GUNS, WE HATE GUNS SO MUCH

I think it's at least thoroughly IMPLIED that Chandra is bisexual, showing how she squirms around Nissa and how she's lusting after Gideon's fat veiney dick.

This. New Nissa is so perfect and beautiful that even asexual ethereal beings are in love with her.

I'm glad they made Chabdra have AD/HD because when I was trying to learn how to play MtH my friends would always give me shit for not knowing all the cards right off the bat, and I can read them just fine but I have to be reminded sometimes

I meant to say I like how the author showed that its real, they way its hard to know what thought you're about to have and when you want people to know what you're thinking you're not sure what's coming out of your mouth, its like it has a mind of its own and the words come out too fast for your mind to keep track until its too late.

Nah, you could just as easily say that it's about the 98% seizing a literal means of production and power from the elites. You can paint a revolutionary narrative a lot of different ways.

The story seems to imply that while she thinks Gideon is hot, she's not really into him romantically. They keep having her spill her spaghetti in front of Nissa, and even had her involved in some really cliche romantic drama nonsense (walking in on Gideon and Chandra hugging), so I'm guessing they're establishing her as bi and mostly into Nissa right now.

I love when cringy autists explain why they enjoy things. Especially when said thing is shallow as a puddle and utterly awful

>poor Gideon not ever getting to be with his 4-year crush
>doing all he can to watch out for her, not getting in the way
>savoring every moment together, trying to bottle his true feelings and keep it platonic
>constantly hiding your boner beneath armor
>be their for your crush, even as you watch her fall for someone else
>quiet suffering
To be Gids is hard.

>>be there for your crush, even as you watch them fall for someone else
Please send help

Lmao these beta males

I've pretty much skipped most of this story line, I've gone and read a few of them but.

I cannot stand Chandra. I'm so bothered by how she behaves like a 16 year old girl writing in her fucking diary.

And why is Tezz such a cartoon character villain?

It's all way too lighthearted and quirky imo. I might be wrong. I haven't read all of it. Stories I do read with the main walkers in them I tend to stop reading. They're annoying to me.

He's faking. He's raging because it scares the underlings. Baan called him out on it.

An excerpt:
>With muscles in all sorts of potentially interesting places.
What's a potentially interesting place? Chest, Arms and legs? No... that's the usual place you find muscles.

Maybe his penis is really muscular? Which is downright disturbing to think.
>And eyes with a million colors, like a landscape by...some artist who's real good at landscapes.
Amazing writing. The poetry really touches me.
>Also abs you could grate cheese on, which I totally did not think about running my hands over for like six months afterward, so far as he knows.
This reads like something out of a 12 year old girl's diary

>What's a potentially interesting place?
You're not a woman, are you? There's lot's of very interesting muscles in very non-standard places. You're just not buff enough to have them and know.

If you have muscles in non-standard places, then those muscles shouldn't be there. If that's the case, then you need to see a doctor, because its probably malignant.

This is just the closest wizards could get without her explicitly going
>"HA! COCKS!"

Whatever you say, manlet.

Hey man, at least we don't have irregular growths in interesting places.

>tfw you never cared about Kaladesh but doubly so since Amonkhet was announced because it just sounds so much more interesting
>Aether Revolt plotline leaks and surprise, the good guys win almost completely, happy ending for everyone

I miss Tarkir

I only wish Baan had a more playable card to match the absolute badass he became in the story

If we get a story that is just people describing the genitals of various characters in explicit detail complete with the words penis, vagina and breasts i will forgive them for the trigger warning.

>ywn return to Narset as the Khan of Tarkir
But as a corollary
>we will someday return to Tarkir and Narset will be there