pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
Last Thread: Haha! Time for Culling!

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12018288/r
strawpoll.me/12018292/r
strawpoll.me/12018294/r
img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1483/56/1483562071199.png
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's getting an update, user. Nobody wants to build for it when they'll have to change it later.

OH, Its this? Okay. I'll dig up my old build. Give me a minute.

Can someone explain the difference between a CYOA and a /qst/.

Just watch one thread and look at one quest, say for example.

Probably going to change with next update. Will probably choose some elemental and have a bit more attack power. Focus will still be healing and support from the air though.

Class
>Sorceress
Attributes
>Str +++
>Def +++++
>Agi ++++ (+++)
>Int ++++++++++ (+++)
>Ski ++++
Blessing
>+1 Skill Point

Skills
Magical
>Catalysts
>Finesse
>Arcane
>Combine
>Barriers
Spiritual
>One With Nature
>Poisons
>Bloodlust
>Bindings
>Soul Spirit
Ethereal
>Indomitable
>Recall
>Pocketing
>Blessed
>Unleash
>Healing
>Wings

Monsters
>Arachnid 20
>Wolf 40
>Cerberus 70

Persona
>Age 5 (22yo)
>Beauty 10
Resources
>Library 20
>Alchemy 30
>Training 35
>Scavenging 40
>Map 45
>Bounty 50
>Low 70

Adventure with group more than alone. I can use Healing, Barriers, and Bindings to help the party. For fighting I mostly spam arcane bolt type stuff from the air. I can also make potions at the alchemy to help party out or to sell and trade.

Be my support, would you kindly?

You love the attention, don't you? You're actually begging for people to keep posting about you.

So what does the Magical tree do, on it own? If I don't take the Psionic, Blink, Barriers or Warp perks, is it all metamagic?

It's the same...

Quests are communal roleplaying experiences where the majority of a thread collectively votes on the actions of a character in a game run by the OP of the thread. CYOAs are personal roleplaying experiences where specific scenarios are presented for us as leaping-off points to base our own individual stories on.

I'm proud of you user. You finally learned that posting
gets you banned

The assumption I believe Bliss worked on is that everyone has access to basic magic spells based on your INT. Magical is metamagic that enhances these spells along with some of the tree giving you access to special utility magics. If this was the intention though, it is not clearly spelled out. One poster went on an autistic posting spree about how since the CYOA doesn't say "Also, you know like magic missile and other basic spells" that magical had no offensive spells innately.

Alright folks, results are in and I think enough time has passed for the polls to reach their climax point.

>strawpoll.me/12018288/r
So first one right off the bat, Touhou came in and crushed everything, which is ironic given this is possibly the draftiest of drafts. Followed by Dues Ex Machina and Demagogue these three are now being I'm being blackmailed into this just so we are clear released in the coming weeks. Along with these three another one will join them at some point, either Hotline Miami, X-com or Ramen Noodle shop. Possibly along with Hobo mob leader because I've enjoyed doing that one.

>strawpoll.me/12018292/r
>strawpoll.me/12018294/r
Next we have the HOA [Horn of Arkriq? Golden Coast?] CYOA which has seen mixed results I'm also being blackmailed into this one so we're going to be going for a mixed route. The King of Kings position is big enough it's going to play a role, but what that role will be is yet to be determined. There is also the question of magic. For those of you who don't know the HOA has some very strange magical creatures and superstitious beliefs. This will also likely play some role though I would like to see it made rare. Religious mystics and ethnic groups are also likely going to be a thing.

Traveller update is coming, though I'm not going to make a date confirmation and I'm not allowed to die. Oh well.

See you soon, when I next namefag I will bring gifts. Yes that is a plural.

He's adding some examples in the update.

Hunter
Str: 4(+5)
Def: 3
Int: 2
Atk: 4
Spd: 16(+5)
+3 Stat (Spd)
Martial Arts, Athletics, Willpower, Flurry , Overdrive,
Pocketing, Indomitable, Blessed, Wings
Primal Power, Affinity (Fire), Propulsion, Enhance (Lightning), Rekindle
Licenses: Ancient Ruins, Twilight Desert (4 and 5 Danger, 115)
Accomodation: Upperclass Housing
Hangouts: Bountyhunters, Underground
Services: All
Convenience: All
Provision: Market
Luxury: Diner, Bar, Hotsprings
Ever been punched at 300km/hr?

Like Power Armor and Accidental Magical Girl, how long until Monster Hunter gets it's own containment thread?

Are they all going to be pdf's?

Okay, that makes sense. The Elemental tree does something similar, not actually saying you have elemental powers unless you take Affinity. So it's an unspoken assumption, rather than you buying specialization in using your magic before you actually have the magic to begin with. That's good.

Sorcerer
blessing : 3 stats

Tempered, Willpower (2)
Catalysts (+1 skill) Finesse (+1 int) Homing, Arcane (+1 int) Blink (5)
Bloodlust (+1 str) Bindings (+1 int) (2)
Adaptation (+1 skill) Affinity (fire) Enhance (lightning) Propulsion (+1 spd) Energy sense, Nova Sphere (+3 int) Cataclysm (+3 str) (11)

5 str
2 def
5 spd
11 int
5 skill

Kind of a glass canon but at worst I can CATACLYSM either in or out of a bind, and LIGHTNING YO so I have a little bit of speed

Ancient mountains (4 skulls 50 gold)
Deep desert (4 skulls 50 gold)

With lightning stemming from fire I hope I can cope with desert heat + mountains are high in the sky and that's where lightning comes from so I can hunt there no prob I swear

Library, Alchemy, Market (30)
Healing, Training (10)
Map (5)
Diner, Bar, Hot springs (15)
Lov (20)
Servant (Bound qt cerberus, will tame her don't worry) (10)

I have 10 leftover to live with

Who wants to party up with a lightning wizard yo ? I can blink, sense people so we can meet up during the culling (maybe), can blink and propulse and be a storm of pure LIGHTNING to zap it up ! Can also make lightning traps to stun monsters. Also I have a cute doggy servant but she's mine and I have booze and a small house so we can crash at my house or something. Have a nice time !

Initially I think so, then I'll see what people like and work from there.

Currently working on a rather large cyoa. Science Fantasy setting of sorts. What should I put in shop?

surprises come when I finished reading the cyoa.

I think my money is on the hunter.

Not likely. Discussions are just bursts of arguments like any other in these threads.

Moving to their own threads is stupid anyways. JC and Tower Girls were special cases because JC was functionally different and Tower Girls was a community project, kind of. Magical Girls was a de-masculating topic and is less Veeky Forums related as something like MH.

Which build is yours? I'd be up for hunting with lots of people. I chose bounty so I'm always there to help!

I like this cyoa and it's popular right now. I'm just participating in the discussion.

I think 180mph is a little on the lowball for up to 21 speed while flying and being propelled by magic, Assuming that the fastest a base human has is 4.
Maybe more like 300mph?

>Class
Hunter

>Blessing
20 Tribue Points

>Skills
Physical- Tempered, Willpower, Ehanced, Toughness, Flurry, Sixth Sense, Martial Arts, Athletics

Spiritual- One with Nature, Monster Within, Fleet Footed, Poisons, Bindings, Killer Instinct, Bloodlust

Weaponry- Bladed Arms, Ancient Weapon, Stamina, Marksmanship

Ethereal- Pocketing

>Final Attributes
Strength- ++ (++)
Defense- ++ (+++)
Speed- ++++ (++++)
Intelligence- + (+)
Skill- +++ (+++)

>Licenses
Ancient Ruins and Sunken Caverns

>Resources
Forge, Library, Alchemy, Market (80)
Middle Accomadations (50)
Scavenging, Teleport, Hot Springs, Bar, Club (25)

Strange Servant
Appearance
Personality
Knowledge (0)

I worry about my low intelligence, but other than that I'm happy with my stats and build. I'm all about traps, sneakiness, speed, and having a few tricks up my sleeve via bindings, monster soul, poisons, and pocketing. I'll have my Ancient Weapon for close range battles, but via pocketing I can have various ranged weaponry, knives, potions, and other goodies. I might be fucked if I get caught, but this is more than enough to deal with any monster.

My home life is built for comfort. I have all the resources for improving my hunts, relaxing, and making friends that I could want.

My home is comfortable and I have a knowledgeable servant, a bound Strange with Appearance and Personality alterations to suit my taste.

>immortality
Dangit I don't actually want this...
>be a teenage girl
Okay but you better make me cute!
pretty weird way to start off a cyoa but I assume this is your fetish so whatever

There's not too much I want, and knowing I'll be screwed over somehow (because obviously I will be), makes it less attractive.
Ancient armor would be nifty if it was a bikini instead and it didn't forcibly transport me. I'm pretty sure Lucky underwear has some horrible downside, so
>Shapeshifting

Robots.

Forgot to mention that PA was exiled because it literally became a quest and lots of people participated. It still is more questions related and is basically a circle jerk of the same 5 people.

Quiet, Conduit, Stardust and Battlemage became their own threads because of the fervent discussions with the authors. These threads were pretty much all development talk, including mechanics and lore. There wasn't much RP.

Which is the opposite for Magic Realm and Overlord, which were just RP fests.

I think it's just that immortality and becoming the little girl are the most cliche cyoa options, so better to get them out of the way.

Robot waifus.

for what ? I don't know if I go fast enough to team up with this guy

>tentacles everywhere

Tentacles are a copout for wimps who can't handle hundreds of dicks in their smut.

Okay. Anything else?

In the culling my money is on him kicking your ass.

Haha I should have known.

Have an option to replace your limbs with some kind of magitech cybernetics or something.

Well I can see that but still... without any other explanations, immortality is horrible.
You will end up stuck somewhere, inevitably, or in a lab being tested on. Everyone and everything you know will wither and die, and you can never end up your life.
Millions and billions of years will pass, you will be surrounded by nothing and still you cannot die.

Happy to hunt with you, sugar snap.

Pocket dimension sounds good

>magitech cybernetics
Why didn't I think of that?

Even better idea; due to the spell system I have for this cyoa, I could separate the two; having magic limbs that enable more spells and tech limbs that increase physical attributes. And have an option to combine the two.

>millions and billions
No, user. You will live to see the last star die out, and that will only mark the beginning of the age of black holes. This is far beyond millions and billions of years from now.

And you will float there for an ungodly amount of time. You will live to see the last black hole crumble in on itself.

I have been trying to stop the heat death of the universe, but no matter what I try, it is inevitable.

I want some sort of multulimb read arachne please species that fuck with you

Well if you're brawler type then you probably do need healing! Maybe a strength or quickness potion every now and then to!

So far, I only have an inkling of what I want the alien species to look like, but I'll try and fulfill your request.

I think I'm just going to never use my shapeshifting ability! Glad it was obvious that every option was bad.

He's pretty fast but I have my smarts and skillz ! It's like the comics with the flash impalling himself on deathstroke's sword but with lightning traps, it could happen. Then again I don't care to check everything he has so he could probably beat me with something.

I knew Pocket Dimension was the right choice. It even has the decency of erasing itself from my mind.

>Immortal teenage girl
No thanks, I'll pass on this one friend. Not really into either of those things.

I was thinking, "shit, a lot of this stuff is really shit to live with" but then I remembered you're supposed to be an everliving teenage girl so it's not a real issue.

yeah... yeah. you need to go back to /d/ and not come back. ever.
>option 1: rape
>option 2: rape
>option 3: rape
>option 4: murderous yandere waifu that will get away with all murders forcing you to never interact with any other person ever for eternity
>option 5: rape and forced impregnation by worms
>option 6: rape and forced impregnation by tentacles
and this is actually one of the better options...
>option 7: rape
>option 8: become a mindless sex slave if you use your power
>option 9: rape and breast expansion
>option 10: rape by a demon

orb and shapeshifting best options. you dont have to use them.

>fuck

Seconded.

Are you new? Lewd CYOAs have always been a thing on Veeky Forums.

>you dont have to use them.
Yeah, that's definitely the right selection criteria for this CYOA.

>orb and shapeshifting best options
Pocket dimension and magical outfit don't have to be used either.

Pocket dimension is the best of them all, since it just vanishes after a week.

Sorcerer
Monster soul (Strange)

Spiritual: One with Nature (19), Monster Within (18), Bindings (17), Killer Instinct (16), Hybrid (15), Incarnation (12)
Etheral: Indomitable (11), Recall (10), Blessed (9), Premonition (8), Unleash (7), Psychic (6), Cloaking (5), Demonic (2)
Magical: Catalyst (1), Psionic (0)
Phoenix and Fox for Hybrid.

Licenses: Ruins (Ancient) (50) and Desert (Ancient) (115)

Servant (105), Appearance (100), Personality (95), Knowledge (90)
Upper (50), Bounty (45), Club (40), Fortune (35), Training (30), Library (20), Festival (15)
Physiology (10), Gender (5), Beauty (0)

Plan not to engage in direct fight unless necessary and it should be more than enough for culling.
I`d say build looks pretty good.

Warrior
Str: 18
Def: 4
Spd: 7
Int: 1
Atk: 7
+3 Stats
Toughness, Willpower, Shockwaves, Enhanced Overdrive
Blunt Arms, Ancient Weaponry, Ancient Armor, Spine Weapon, Overcharge, Stamina
Indomitable, Unleash, Healing
Bloodlust
Primal Power
Monsters: Wurm, Beetle, Cerebus (110)
Accomodation: Upper
Hangout: Bounty, Underground
Convenience: All
Service: All
Provision: Market
Luxury: Bar and Diner
Always overdrive all the time.
I suppose we could engage in a spot of JOLLY COOPERATION!

>Shapeshifting
Always.

I'm okay with this, I'll just never change back to my original form :^).

you like cyoas where all options are "you get raped"?

>The Bulwark
>Traveller
>Seeker of Wisdom
>Form Changer
>One and Many

>Armor
>Disguised
>Magic Absorbent

>Learn all about politicians.
>Shapeshift into them.
>Kill them.
>Kill any Artifexs who come here using whatever I can.
>Slowly grow in power as I gain more clones and take over the world.
>Eventually morph all political systems into an autocracy with some semblance of a government that can exist without me.
>Rinse and repeat with the next world,all while learning about magic

Easy as pie.

Plenty of people do. Slut Life was damn popular for a long time.

This is bretty /d/ bruh

Magical girl outfit is manageable in that I don't have to use it but I can if I need to. The drawback at least will queue up so it won't interrupt me until I'm out of whatever jam I needed it for. Shapeshifting might also work, because my general antipathy and bad sexual chemistry should keep me out of trouble. There's no way I'd go anywhere with someone who wanted me for sex, and I'm too lazy to actually do anything, especially if it meant I was a slave.

thank you. i could still delete it, thought i couldnt.

We'll have a party of friendly fun adventurers who aren't afraid of the stupid culling soon!

Giver of Sanctuary
The Greatsmith
Seeker of Wisdom
Natural Philosopher
Saint
Magic Absorbent, Hungry Accessory.
Welcome to my humble adobe. I have healed your injures and you are safe. stay a while and listen, I have much I can teach you.

I meant more along the lines of JOLLY MONSTER HUNTING COOPERATION. I must purge during the culling, Bloodlust demands it and all.

So are a lot of Veeky Forums's CYOAs, newfag.

Reminder that the +5 strength and speed from Overdrive are temporary.

user.
Always overdrive
All the time.

I'm down I'll probably spend most of my hunting time solo, unless someone specifically needs my help. But after hours and during Events, I'll be with you.

This guy feeds on spiral energy and the power of friendship to fuel his unending overdrive madness

The Corrupt Patrolman

CLASS: noble

Skills:
T.1 Toughness
T.1 Homing
T.1 bloodlust
T.2 Blunt, enchanting
T.1 bladed
T.1 pocketing
T.3 Catalysts, arcane, blink
T.3 psychic
T.1 Poisons
T.1 “martial arts” big choppas

Licenses: Caves, sunken ruins

Events: culling

Persona: visitor

Resources: Forge, scavenging, Bar, underground, low class living (the building is just a front, the real house is underground), servant (I need something to dig the tunnels), appearance, personality.

Having both Blunt and bladed was because I’m not sure which category axes fall into.

We'll be hunting fairly close to eachother probably. Could probably team up outside the culling.

if i messed something up, just tell me

Axe is definitely bladed. I'm sitting here trying to figure out what a spear constitutes as

Uhhhhh...Bladed I assume since its a skilly-dexterity weapon. Read the desc of it

You don't get to choose Culling. Culling chooses you.

But, seriously, all Events are flavor text and occur with or without you

That was meant to be a reply for

Cooperation is always fun.

Technically axes fall into both categories, blending weight and cutting power.

this guy gets it.

Ok! I'm in the Bounty group so I'm always looking to help a hunter or hunting party!

>I'll probably spend most of my hunting time solo, unless someone specifically needs my help. But after hours and during Events, I'll be with you.

Maybe we can meet for a meal or a drink every now and then, but I have to warn you that I'll be terribly busy studying magic most of the time.

but i wanted to read it

It's forbidden

img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1483/56/1483562071199.png

I'll be hanging out at the library quite a bit myself, as lack of electronics leaves me with only reading as a hobby. Besides, it's in my nature to learn and study the world I've found myself in.

If I'm not in the bar, hot springs, or with my....uh....housemate

thats degenerate!!!

Ordinarily I'd say that shapeshofying is unnecessary if you're already a cute girl, but turning people into objects can be a lot of fun. Just wearing them around.

and after seeing the secret, it's all the better. That's a nice true form. I can even become some magic user's (lewd) pet.

Choosing without surprises, I'd keep that one definitely. I'm not sure if I want to handle the consequences of picking another. I'm not sure if nothing happens until you pick 3 or if it is a sliding slope. Assuming no consequences, I'd rank the remaining as follows:
Pocket Dimension (a fun transition + fancy powers. Who needs reality or memories of it?)
Lucky Underwear (The lucky is very exploitable & doing so even lessens the "drawback." Though I'm not opposed to going a while without using the luck either).
Ancient Armor (Mainly for the secret. Though it might make me want to adventure a teency bit less).
Phantom Servant (3 hours, eh?)
Magical Outfit (Magic is nice. Would go best with Ancient Armor, I think).
Superhuman (regeneration is nice, but shapeshifting already handles that, so I put it pretty low. Not a huge fan of the surprise. Doesn't tickle my lewdness & it misses all the parts that make the process romantic.)
Allure (a lot of these options really lessen the need for it. And I mean, shapeshifting can do a lot here.)
Dream Waifu (the only real problem is that she's only in your dreams. If it weren't for that, I'd have no problem with the surprise.)
Essence Orb (very conspicuous. And do you really need to summon sex demons when allure, shapeshifting, and some suprises are on the table? The surprise here is a bit too extreme anyhow.)

do you want to patrol dorflantis? do you want to find the lost treasures of the deep? Do you want adventure beyond belief?
Then come to John Blair's! we hire newbloods, oldbloods and anything between!

Note: 45% of all loot gained is split among the guild.
(no, my name isn't actually John Blair, I just think it sounds cool)

Actually, I want to move Essence Orb up to above Phantom Servant. I completely forgot about those imps.

Studying and making potions and then going out for coffee with friendly fellow hunter during breaks sounds super comfy!