/HHG/ The Horus Heresy General

Rolled 16 (1d20)

That's my Primarch Edition

Funny autism Sub-edition

I'm not sure why I liked previous edition. We had Calthposting, Delegate posting, Rules lawyering and fascism...but it was fun! Oh right, new funny pics :^) . NL are brutally spooky cowards and I'm not sure if Prospero can dwarf the Calthposting seen on previous edition. I really don't care who claims VIth thread, but 'ere we go.

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC
>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Oct 16 White Dwarf
mediafire.com/file/zm71nli980zr97h/WhiteDwarf_Oct16.pdf
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Other new links
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww98.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fe6VFn2St%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww116.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fd2D2z8mF%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww110.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2F1USI8Urn%2Ffile.html
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!LoBA0bqS
www98.zippyshare.com/v/e6VFn2St/file.html
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

archiveofourown.org/works/5687998
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Perturabo was the fattest, most autistic primarch.

An Imperial, lapdog of the Anathema was teaching an initiate squad on Roboute Guilliman, a known autist."Before the class begins, you must reject all forms of superstition and accept the teachings of the Emperor! Yes goyim you must accept mortals, remembrancers, and custodes as comrades in the Imperium. You must pretentiously analyse battle doctrine to the point where people avoid us". At this moment, a brave, Gal Vorbak Word Bearer Chapter Master who had earned the watch of the Gods and read 'The Book of Lorgar' 1500 times and understood the necessity of the Primordial Truth walked up to the initiate tutor and whipped out his raging BWBC.
"How hard is this cock, faggot?" The arrogant tutor smirked intellectually and replied "That is obscene, undignified, we must conduct ourselves better in the eyes of the Emperor."
"Wrong. It represents my rock solid belief in the holy Word of Lorgar Aurelian that has swooned hundreds of Human maidens, and made them cry through the night. If you really believed in the future of Man and our species' survival, you would have fucked a daemonette by now."
The tutor was visibly shaken, dropping his copy of one of Guilliman's tactical tomes. He stormed out of the fortress courtyard crying and wrote a treatise about how to purge the Imperium's heretics. 1/2

>tfw Word Bearer
>just want to be friends with everyone
Can someone post Word Bearer books as PDFs for me? I used to have them but for reasons I don't anymore. My phone can't into epub either.

That last thread was a mess though.

There is no doubt that at this point our tutor, Eikos Lahmiad, wished he had become a Word Bearer and become more than a spergy ultracuck. He wished so much that he had a bolter to shoot himself out of embarrassment, but alas, he only had his puny romaboo gladius.The initiates applauded and all joined the XVII Legion that day and accepted the Urizen as their lord and savior. An eagle named "Erebus" flew into the room and perched atop the Colchisian Space Marine chapter standard and shed a tear on the chalk. Texts from the Primarch's works and the twines of fate were read several times, and Sorot Tchure himself showed up to enact the cleansing of all Ultramar scum across the sector. The barracks' lodge collectively chalked the pavement with prayers of hard core Chaos-worship rather than autistic 'Practical/Theoretical'. Seeing these events, the '''''loyalist''''' Tetrarch Macraggian umpah, with pure, undulated Sore Loserman butthurt streaming uncontrollably down his cheeks, backed toward the blast door, saying "No...this is heresy!" Without missing a beat, a Chaplain Dark Apostle, whose name was Eliphas, whipped out his athame and beheaded the evil philo-tyrant.
Praise Lorgar

2/2

That's perfect thank you.

I agree. I thought that Lorgar model always looked he was thinking " I've made a huge fucking mistake"

Those are a good idea but I don't really have the technical skills to do that right now. I'm doing something more like pic related.

Pls no

We didn't start this war, brother. The progeny of Guilliman caused the first shitpost war. We will finish it.

>That's perfect thank you.

Sorry that was meant for

Working on a praetor for my BAs, not sure about the left arm yet though

>Word Bearers didn't start the shit flinging and bullshit spewing.

Sure m8.

You can say what you want, but at the end of the day, you're just a sect of edgy whiney cunts that decided to turn on daddy after he punished you for slacking on the job.

There is no need to be upset.

Right pic looks nice.

Left one is a bit too much of admiring his own biceps

>I'm making a kitbash Rogal Dorn. I was wondering what type of pose he should have.
What bits do you plan on using?

Left looks like he's desperate for the loo, but someone has got there before him so he's shaking his fist at them.

6th THREAD FOR THE VIth.

AWOO.

>We didn't start this war, brother.
>he says, while word bearers begin the thread with shitpost copypastas

Ok, here's the most recent iteration with 310 points left, what would you add?

Death Guard, Creeping Death, 2190/2500

HQ (245)

Delegatus - Artificer, Combi and Scythe - 105

Siege Breaker - Artificer, Combi and Thunder Hammer - 140

Elites (530)

Apothecary x2, Artificer x2, Augury Scanner x2- 120

Kheres Mortis - 180

Quad Launcher x3, Phosphex - 240

Troops (690)

20 man Tac Squad, Vexilla, Artificer and Melta on Sarge - 250

20 man Tac Squad, Vexilla, Artificer and Melta on Sarge – 250

10 man Flamer Support Squad, Artificer and Melta on Sarge - 190

Heavy Support (715)

2x Predator Executioner + Dozer - 270

2x Vindicator + Dozer (250)

Sicaran Venator + Dozer (195)

Mass infantry, with HQ's and Apothecaries attached, moving up supported by the flamer squad taking advantage of Creeping Death and squatting on objectives. Flanked by Vindicators and Executioners for killing dudes and TEQs, and hopefully the Venator in the mix will be able to discourage Spartans. Phosphex for killing dudes and also for area denial.

let the general burn, cousin

:^)

Get that delegatus a refractor field already.

have faith word bearer
we're all shitposting today

> let the general burn, cousin
as fun as UM vs WB threads are, the shitposting is intensifying to the point that we may not be able to contain it.

Upgrade that Delegatus to a Praetor.
Maybe slap some sponsons and pintle mounts on your vehicles so a weapon destroyed result doesn't cripple them.
There's no reason to upgrade your support sarge.

>Delegatus

Would a gun in hand lessen that?

I know it is a minor suggestion but I would throw the support squad in a rhino. Keeps those (more) expensive bodies safe and gives them added mobility.

Maybe something besides the kheres that can go anti air? Normally having 1 anti air (which a kheres mortis does.... ehh okay) and heavy supports is enough, however most of your heavy supports cant even try to hit a flyer.

>That's my Primarch Edition
Wow I got quoted, I feel so honored. Great thread picture too.

So, to avail shitposting, it's time for another one of my shitty homebrews.
The Age of Darkness Battalion Force Organisation Array
It basically works like a Decurion, but with FOCs instead of formations.
Apocalypse Only
Command (0-1)
Battalion Command Force Organisation.
0-1 Lord of War
0-1 HQ
Restrictions: The HQ must be a Praetor, a Delegatus or a unique character with the Master of the Legion special rule. The Lord of War must be a Primarch. The Warlord must be a part of this detachment.
Benefits: A Primarch must take a Primarch Command Squad or normal one. The HQ must take a Command Squad, which lose the Chosen Warriors special rule and become full Characters. A single Space Marine Chosen gains the Consul special rule. The Consul must be from one of the following: Herald, Chaplain, Primus Medicae, Champion, Master of Signal, Siegebreaker.

Core Companies (1+)
Each Core Company is a Battles in the Age of Darkness Organization Chart. Other than your Captain, only Centurions and Consuls may be taken as HQs. All Core Companies must take the same Rite of War (out of a limited selection shown below), or all must take no Rite of War. The Rite of War chosen for your Core Companies gives it's restrictions to the entire Battalion other than restrictions reating to choices for compulsory slots (I.E. taking Armoured Breakthrough doesn't force all your auxiliary companies to have Predators for there compulsory choices, but it does force all infantry to buy a dedicated transport, if possible).

Useable Rites of War in a Core Company:
Angel's Wrath.
Armoured Spearhead.
Orbital Assault.
Armoured Breakthrough.
Sky Hunter Phalanx.
Drop Assault Vanguard.

(cont...)

This bits less worked out, which is what I need help with.

Auxiliary Companies (0-1 fewer than the number of Core Companies in the Battalion)
Auxiliary companies allow you to take more unusual forces of marines and make use of the other FOCs with Rites of War.

Onslaught Force Organization Chart

Castellan Force Organization Chart
Not useable if your Core Rite of War prohibits Fortifications.

Leviathan Force Organization Chart
0-1

Basically the whole thing attempts to portray a battalion/great company/chapter/crusade/brotherhood/whatever, where the regular Force Org is for a company.

Give the flamer dudes combat weapons and a rhino.
Give the tac squads combat weapons.
Add a plasma support squad, phosphex on quads is only AP3 IIRC. Give em a rhino too.

Why contain it?

You name a kid Mortarion and you're setting yourself up for trouble. You're implying death and killing with his name, don't keep an eye on him and he goes and starts killing people you wish he didn't. What did you expect?

On the topic of names, GW proving it's British naming someone Lionel Johnson. We're lucky it's not Reginal d'Goodwin of the Ultramarines.

A Deredeo with an Atomantic Pavaise walking behind your dudes to boost your Feel no Pain.

I have a feeling that The Emperor didn't name any of them, and that's why he still thinks of them as the Ninth, Sixteenth, etc. (in some books, not all). The names we know are their adoptive names, more likely to have been influenced by the forces of Chaos that chose their destinations than by ol' Emps.

Sadly, it only boosts the invulnerable save of models in range, not units. So you can still do that, but it has to walk at the front so the dudes taking the shots are in range of the pavisse.

>in some books, not all
Are there any other than MoM?
Kaldor Draigo nearly killed Morty by whispering "Fourteen" to him.
You would have thought this happened more often, with daemons being obsessed with counting.

I see the mag-boots are working well.

Spider dread, spider dread
Does whatever a spider dread does
Can he swing? From a web?
No he can't, he's a 'naught
Look oooooout, it's spider dread

Stupid phone. Baby Contemptors, attempt 2.

I'm glad to know you're still here with us.
FOCs and RoWs are on themselves a sort of formation where all your army is the formation, so they have smaller boosts and their limitations work assuming you're taking them as an army on their own.
So FOCs that limit the amount of scoring troops you get to bring aren't a real limit, considering you can still bring more than enough troops in your main Core Company (AoD FOC)

You'd need to use real formations.
Hear me out, as long as they are balanced and hand out relatively weak or passive bonuses they'll be fine.
On a historical note, how were formations from the days of Damocles recieved? Were they balanced for their time?

So does this mean that the Primarch's "True Names" are canonically just numbers in either High Gothic or Ancient Sumerian/Whatever Emp's first language is?

No, because BL isn't canon.

Imagine Mortarion getting a heartattack every time somebody said fourteen.

>When is the latest plague fleet going to arrive at the designation I send them to ?
>In fourteen days my lord
>AAAAAAAAAAAARGH ... CURSES, WHY DID HE GIVE US NAMES THAT ARE NUMBERS ?!?!!! WHAT KIND OF AUTISTIC FUCK DOES THAT !?!!!!!

So, what if I took it upon myself to edit the RoWs?

A little janking with the restrictions should help.
>So FOCs that limit the amount of scoring troops you get to bring aren't a real limit
If a RoW represents a company being more than it's squads, surely the array could be said to represent the battalion being more than it's companies?

Tell that to Morty's foster necrodad.
See? Necromancer dad. He's totally fine with death.
What was Lionel's previous name? Lywynn or something?
Mortarion's name is indeed "Fourteen". But here's the thing: his name is in modern english and nobody speaks modern english anymore, and nobody has spoken it for like 30,000 years.
Only the Emperor even remembers the language.
Example, the Emperor's true name is some pre-hitite pre-protoIndoeuropean COMMON-AS-FUCK name...but nobody even remembers what His language was, good luck guessing it.

Which may or may not be Urist.

It's like being japanese and trying to guess some dude's name is "Catorce", but way more difficult because you write in chinky letters and his name is referring to a translated version of an arabic number.

Here, have naming actual stuff in 30k

Well I mean that would only happen if they were speaking high gothic, though someone would probably take notice if the primarchs started having seizures every time they counted to twenty

The Combat Phase podcast had a really long episode celebrating 10 years since Horus Rising, and at least one author said that a big difference between writing for BL and writing, say, Star Wars or Star Trek novels was that BL was indeed canon. Not necessarily reliable canon, but canon nonetheless. It's no less factual than anything found in a codex or FW black book.

I know we're not fans of Laurie Goulding here but he at least tried to make the HH BL novels self-consistent.

Okay thats why Fulgrim is hiding on the pleasure planet. The EC keeped counting to three, made him explode and raped the bodyparts. Also explains why Perty prefers robots as companions. They only speak binary...

>It is I my lord, Captain of the Fourth Company
This kills the Perturabo

A sword that is lowered across his legs might look better.

Where did the beep boop joke come from again?

Idea:
The Main Legion-specific RoW would work with the Core Company, but the secondary legion-specific would work as an Auxiliary company.

Example:
>Command
Perturabo + Primarch Command Squad with Forgelord (You should let him include Iron Circle models)
>Core 1
Hammer of Olympia line company
>Core 2
Armoured Spearhead
>Auxilary 1
Ironfire Assault Artillery company
>Auxiliary 2
Onslaught company:
Scout Titans + dedicated supporting elements

>I'm glad nobody knows our Full True Name includes the word "Numbuh" at the beginning.

Actually this would neatly explain why the daemon Primarchs have accomplished so little in ten thousand years.

>Kharn you fucktard, put that damn flamethrower away and stop killing my legion, we are here to kick the EC in their powdered butts.
>Kill! Maim! Burn! Twelve! Kill! Maim! Burn!
>Splosh

>"Be at peace, Konrad Curze, for I have arrived and intend to take you home"
>"That is not my name, father. I am Night Haunter, and I know full well what you intend for me".

But Curze is the only one the Emperor named, I think. Perturabo and Alpharius picked their names, Lion had no name until Luther found him, I think the others were named by their foster parents.

I'm suddenly down with the Primarch being called numbers, because this is too funny and too explanatory.
>You should let him include Iron Circle models
Yes, yes I should, I don't know how I forgot about the beep boops.
Someone posted a pic of the Iron Circle at the open day with the caption
>Go left you stupid fuck
>>Beep-Boop
Damn, those were the threads.

Heeeey, wait a second.
Indeed, Curze was an orphan and people called him Night Haunter, who the hell named him Conny?

About true names, it's not a name you pick, it's how your progenitor named you.

Man, I really can't take Lion El'Johnson seriously because of his name. It just sounds like some silly fan fiction Mary Sue holdover from the RT days, like Inquisitor Obiwan Sherlock Clousseau.

Hm so everybody knew Curzes true name? Now it makes sense that he refused to join chaos and become a deamonprince. He would just be a bad joke on the battlefield

Maybe Konrad Curze is how you pronounce eight in whatever language Emps was using that day He created the Primarchs and everyone thought it was a name on Nostramo.

I don't think the Emperor named him that. That's the Emperor taking a really good psychic guess as to what Kurze called himself (or what Nostramans called him), and Kurze braying his own cute little secret.

But the entire grimdark setting should not be taken seriously, didn't you know ? It has silly names and references everywhere.

>Inquisitor Obiwan Sherlock Clousseau.
I keked.
I will assume everyone calls him Lion because they think it's short of Lionel and because he wears a fuckton of lion shit on his armour.
>Captcha: trees
:^)

>who the hell named him Conny?
I think I read that fanfic.

>and at least one author said that a big difference between writing for BL and writing, say, Star Wars or Star Trek novels was that BL was indeed canon. Not necessarily reliable canon, but canon nonetheless. It's no less factual than anything found in a codex or FW black book.
>BL author says BL is canon
yes, and? is that supposed to mean something? of course they're going to say its canon, because nobody would buy their drivel if they went out and said it was basically fanfiction

Another issue with the "he didn't give them names just numbers" is that Magnus was psychically conversing with the Emperor for most of his early life, even when he still was in his incubation tank on terra. Yet never does he talk about himself as No. 5

He's named after a poet. Lionel Johnson. He wrote a poem called Dark Angel. That is the sole reason for the naming scheme for the Primarch and Legion.

>Not fanfiction
>Anything Nick Kyme writes
>'Not fan fiction'

I too thought the Emperor used psychic powers to know that name...but thing is mind reading people from Nostromo would yield the name Night Haunter, and why would Numbuh Eight pick specifically the name "Konrad with K of Kool" as his name?
I mean, as Primarchs naming themselves go we do know why Numbuh Four named himself Perturabo: he read that name, translated it and he liked it.

But what about Konrad?

Also great hair.

Karlos, as it happens.
archiveofourown.org/works/5687998

I know. That's why it's bad, because I can't stop reading his full name as Lionel Johnson.

Probably read Heart of Darkness :^)

never said it wasn't user.

What the fuuuuuuuck
I can't make this up. That fanfic will haunt my dreams

Fixed

>All these faggots calling primarchs by their original name from Index Astartes.

Get on with the times, Laurie declared that's no longer canon, nowadays the correct way is their designated number.

Jeez golly, I really like the new Horus Heresy™ fluff!

Breddy gudd.

Though it would be a lot better if it didn't rely on "muh dik" and hewed closer to the religious/ideological content of the original pasta.

>Perturabo doesn't know how to delegate
>meanwhile Dorn still manages to /getshitdone/ and WIN the Horus Heresy by staying on Terra and spending his time on interior designing

No.

The Emperor had the names he was going to raise them with, or else he would let the primarch babby choose its own name.

As it panned out, the primarchs got named by randomers on other planets, so who knows.
This "true name" thing is kind of weird in my eyes. I didn't think it applied to mortals, or at least non-psykers.

He was a perfect precognitive, he knew that that was what he would be named in the future.

>it would be a lot better if it didn't rely on "muh dik"
you're expecting a bit much from this guy, I think

Probably still applies to mortals, just doesn't matter since you can permakill them with relative ease.

Well in 40k there is this supposedly ancient language that gives those that know the words power over the material realm to such an extend that they might as well be powerfull psykers. Except even non-psykers can use it. I think it was first mentioned in the Eisenhorn series.

Maybe everybody has a true name in that language ? Though with even those that know about it only knowing a handfull of words at most, I doubt it's used much.

True names affects warp-flesh (but not the named one's psychic powers themselves).
If I spoke your true name, your warp-flesh would explode. All 0.00 kg of it.

Pychic powers for non-psykers is sorcery, right?
Pic unrelated, I want to know about that language you say.

>because BL isn't canon

Literally in the codex idiot

>Kaldor "Memes" Draigo

>having some random ass archmagos able to kill most Primarchs in a duel

Perfectly okay

>having the champion of the emperors last gift to humanity be able to just barely defeat the enemy he was built to fight

This is fucking gay fuck you ward

Do you think the Custodes are in good terms with the Grey Knights, with both being made with the Emperor's genes and wielding halberds/glaives?

Rules /= Fluff

Come on man, shouldn't be this hard.

It's called Enuncia. Lexicanum has a small article about it.

>Enuncia is an ancient language, but instead of communication, the language was used as a tool or a weapon: when spoken aloud or written, Enuncia was capable of manipulating the very fabric of reality, a power beyond even the most potent psykers. It was incredibly dangerous, especially since it required no natural psyker ability, and could potentially be used by anyone

>This is what the Ultramarines consider a "victory"

lmao

So, in a battle that engulfed several systems comprising many worlds filled with people where weapons of mass destruction and space battles happened, they only lost about as many mortals as the Battle of Somme (1'000,000 casualties in 5 months), one of many bloody battles fought on one of Earth's wars.

Is the rest of the fucking galaxy even trying or what?!

I'm not entirely sure where those numbers are drawn from (the forgeworld book, maybe? I don't think Know no Fear went into numbers), but it's actually one instance of the older fluff being a better representation of a multi-planet war than the new.

Old fluff had the smurfs gunning down millions of disposable cultists and daemons on calth, and that's before the retcons to 200,000-strong legions happened.

>gunning down millions of disposable cultists
Now that's more like it

Battle is fought primarily with Astartes who are far rarer. Losing ~150,000 Astartes in 1 battle is the single biggest lose outside of the Drop Site Massacre

Also Calth was a fight on 1 planet.

M8 the emu wars are no laughing matter

Indeed. People can get very emu-tional about it.

>Battle is fought primarily with Astartes
except it wasn't, the bulk of the forces planetside were auxiliaries from either side

Kek
Yeah but those don't count :^)