Kingdom Death Monster General /kdmg/

>71 HOURS UNTIL MIDNIGHT EDITION

OLD: Kingdom Death is the game of games.

Information is on the Kickstarter Page.

>why is this Percival best girl?
Cutest pupper for cutest girl.
>what level should I pledge at for the Mage sleeves kickstarter
Overpriced.

>Kickstarter Page:
kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/description
>Adams comments:
kickstarter.com/profile/poots/comments
>Pledge and addon overview: vibrantlantern.com/KDM15/#pledgelevels
>Pledge Comparator & Shipping Calculator:
stdobby.github.io/kingdomdeath/
>Miniature Count with bonus statistics:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11ujOUYfjTFp3jOx7T4f3wl-KmxBh0hST0Spa2Q3fy2k/edit#gid=0

first for update when

>removing previous OP's eternal FAQ
what the fuck are you doing

The OPs have been bad lately.

I'm not gonna spam up the thread, but if anyone out there is planning on dropping their Satan or BF GL 2ndFace then I would be much obliged to hear before you do so.

Danke

good update!

The eternal cucks of Europe are probably the last people I'd give that information to

somehow i don't believe you

The lonely tree was not enough...the designs are too cool...

i left it to chance

"one roll, if you get a 20 you buy the other one as well" i told myself, unsure if i wanted the 20 or not, then i rolled...

20. Shit, i mean hells yeah, i think. My nat 20 rolling skills will be my undoing.

Now i am getting the nightmare ram as well.

I really wish theyd do a nice big coffee table art book or something, filled with bits or lore and worldbuilding, little bits of backstory, lots of concept art.

>I really wish theyd do a nice big coffee table art book or something, filled with bits or lore and worldbuilding, little bits of backstory, lots of concept art.
There's an official digital art book from the first KS. It's on the official site for free downloads.

Well I'm not a bong, so...

But I do have a black friday lantern already. If Anyone wants to hop down a peg so I can advance up.

Besides, we all know that Satan level will be shipped behind all others (besides basic Lantern)...

the Ram is a really good set, user. Nice choice.

Don't forget your Ramettes, to hang out under the fruit tree.

>But I do have a black friday lantern already. If Anyone wants to hop down a peg so I can advance up.
Beg elsewhere

it's not beggin, it's a courtesy call

>Besides, we all know that Satan level will be shipped behind all others (besides basic Lantern)...
this is a myth bruh

Legit? Holy shit thats cool, i cant find it worth a damn because apparently im fucking retarded but now i know its out there i'll keep looking till i find it. Thanks a bunch user.

yeah i thought so, the design is pretty great, plus i absolutely love the story behind it as well, this random fucking nightmare ram that tends a garden and kills people for their salts to fertilise it.

It's not even a myth, just one user trolling two threads ago.

yeah, I love the flavor too

really want to see the boiling water bugs and the terrain it comes with.

it's a rumor not a myth

and Poo really did make an offhand comment about Satan pledges not being real KD M fans. I seen't it.

Itd be neat if they did companion guides like the d&d monster manual.

I wonder if the boiling water bugs are going to be roided up bombadier beetles, those things are cool irl so theyll be at least double cool with an awesome sculpt and a ballsack or some tits thrown in.

Sure thing buddy. Totally believe your completely sourceless claims.

I mean, it's not like Poots' comments and tweets are a matter of public record or anything.

Poo said he wouldn't ship until all the pledges of whatever level were ready, seeing as how satan is te largest pledge it makes sense that it may take longer.

uhhuh

Alright everyone place your bets on the final two expansions. I'm hoping theirs a gambler nemesis hidden in that chest there.

well share with the rest of the class, then

Fuckin mobile making me look more dumber.

If I could gain $334 to go up to Gold Frogdog. I would personally try to connect with you and let you know when I was doing it. (I would just ask you for a T-shirt swap for my efforts) Sadly I just got fired for a bullshit reason. So I cannot ascend.

What was your occupation, user

a wave of black friday tiers opened up

first a few silvers, then a couple golds

With 70 hours on the clock, what do you expect to happen with the pledges?

Frogdog has been steadily going down as people realize it's D-Day coming up... Estimate that selling out as we get closer to the end. No idea if GodFrog will all fill up. Likely so..

Well I greatly appreciate it, if you think you would have had a chance. As it stands right now I'm not sure if it's worth buying all the new expansions in one go, they will be more readily available as the years go by, if even at an idiot tax. Now the original sets? Those might be increasingly harder to pin down (new) but I wager the aftermarket will be reignited.

Right, so, question, i need input. basically im buying two things for the minis, just the minis, i dont have the core game and will probbably never get it.

Would it be bad form to sell the extra cards and shit that comes with the expansions without the minis? Do you think there is actually anyone out there who would buy them? It just seems silly for me to keep them when i dont need or want them.

Probably will be. Not really bad form unless you're trying to sell for profit deliberately.

I will buy em off of you, most definitely

[email protected]

Were you the guy talking about the Ram and the Tree? Send me a message with the details, I'll be happy to work with you.

I also have an extra Core I might have secured (second hand from a friend) -- so if you can get your hands on an upgrade pack, you could very well have yourself a core.

I sold expansions for 60 percent of the retail value like that.

Bought them from a miniature collector for 10 euro

I'd buy them. I have a couple of the first edition models that came without cards because they were produced before the cards were printed. Keep in mind though that Poots did state that he was going to release card packs from the promos and stuff.

That's not what he said at all. He said that he won't be shipping stuff until everything of that WAVE is ready to go.

Meaning everyone is getting screwed by the twinplebs.

and if it puts your mind at ease, I actually just bagged a silver pledge.

I aint no scalper, i just want them to go to someone who will use them and enjoy them.

Yeh thats me. Ok cool, i'll tell you now i dont know how this will go down so im apprehensive about making deals right now, i have made a note of your email and if/ when i decide to sell i will send you a quick email.

good to know.

what are you, a communist?

No, actually!

A lot of Kingdom Death content started as resin minis that came out before the actual content. So there are a bunch of people already out there that have the minis already, but no game content for them at all.

If any of them actually want to play the game with their mini, your problems solve each other.

Just be up front about what you are selling, and make sure your ebay post or whatever makes it so clear even a literal retard couldn't be confused about what you are offering. Let the great continuum move those materials goods from where they are to where they need to be.

Sure, email me. I was the guy that offered to throw on a pinup for you or so.
Is there something you are having a hard time gettin the money together right now? I don't have any qualms squatting on a pledge for ya, you seem OK enough to me and even if you aint I won't have trouble gettin rid of it.

fucking AND spidercules? Why? Why why why... I hate that dumb set. Fuck Gorm too, while I'm at it.

The Campaign of Death can't come soon enough; maybe I can finagle something out of a custom settlement.

Just sub in resources from an appropriate alternative source you do have.

I'm getting Death Armor and a bunch of the new expansions, but not Frogdog or Gryphon.

If Death armor calls for specific bones from either of those, I'm swapping in Lion resources and Dragon resources respectively and not looking back.

This isn't a video game where the developer's rules bind you. The only rules that exist are the ones that you choose to enforce.

To be fair, the Spidicules requirement is an innovation and nothing more. It's stupid as shit and people ignore it all the time.

Oh cool. So you were grooming me all along, i should have known...there are no nice people on the internet.

Tis all good, thanks for the offer though, genuinely heartwarming. Im just trying to cut back on the kickstarter spending, i got a little crazy with it last year, and when that bank statement rolled around at the end of december it kind of drove home how ridiculous id been.

that's not a bad idea

so then that brings the bare minimum requirements to the three knights and manhunter? Or am I missing something

Funny enough, I feel the opposite about Frogdog. He's everything I wanted outta that tier. Really not sure I want the gryphon though....

Is that all? I think I heard someone mention it on a Geek thread about GreenKnight, but they didn't specify.

Grooming you? What are you talkin about? You're forgetting that you mention this expansion splitting after the fact, no before.

Either way, do whatever you want -- it's not like either of us will have a hard time finding someone to exchange with. Take the other user's advice and just run an ebay listing.

What is ring tail fox? I found some random post about the underground settlement that is tied to that monster.

Why did it not see the light of day exactly?

Are any of you guys going to scan the updated stuff when it's out?

Yes

For TTS

So far I'm only concerned about the Silver City stuff and maybe a few other xpacks this go-around.

>Funny enough, I feel the opposite about Frogdog. He's everything I wanted outta that tier. Really not sure I want the gryphon though....

As an expansion? He founds fine. Multiple armor sets for one monster is a good move.

But the model design really throws me off. I don't like it, and I would be honestly kind of embarrassed to have it on my shelf. I want my monsters to be cool and scary, not stupid looking and gross.

The fact that its special move is to fart at people... doesn't do it any favors either. The fluff doesn't save it.

1 free'd BF silver lantern for anyone that just wants the upgrade, chest and 1st hero

It's kinda the lowest savings available, but with the add a chest going up to 150 that will change it's demand.

I'll agree only on one of your points: the Frogdog's model is fucking dildos compared to the concept art.

>Jawline was straightened, and teeth are simpler ((Forggy Braces))
>Where the body begins and the mouth ends is totally bork'd
>shitty bland pose for the hands, instead of clutching puppies in a subtly creepy way
>fucked up the textures
>fucked up the dog pile

the list goes on. Another user and I discussed a possible remolding, and I have to admit the idea has grown on me. If I could bring it closer to the concept art while giving it a proper base and pose, I know the facsimiles would gain popular.

>Fart attack

Flatulence based attacks are not new, user; the concept is time-honored (albeit childish humor)

At least its not Gorm level terribad

I think it can be saved.
I still have to post my very slightly modified Gorm with new mittens.

I think it looks a lot better.

I hate the model, but there are alternatives out there as long as paying for the rules and cards justifies the price for you.
This thing is far more conventional, but I'd rather use it than the official plastic abortion.

Would you do anything about the bad tiddies or the birthing clusters?

That's half bad

Half bad ain't the worst.

Would rather proxy my old Spittor

Please do

The hands and legs are totally slavageable, but I can't do a goddamn thing about that babydoll head.

MAYBE I'll just make an ELDER variation of it; you know the ones that eventually migrate to the Gorm-yards. I'm thinking maybe a bulked up body, longer legs and a head that looks more akin to an adult's head. I can even add beefcurtains to the face for extra aged effect. Blue waffle is surprisingly easy to paint.

Not my style really, but it WOULD make for a very convenient base frame... Noted.

I was going to make the tits more like a dog's utters OR go full blown Boobies intergalactic Restaurant tier.

Hey I use to have that; what a swell idea!

Was a 3 party Deliver driver for Amzon.org

im sorry you got replaced by a drone and/or a small phillipino child

I was literally just about to say the same thing

Get a job at Uber or Lyft; they'll eat that experience up.

Almost 9.25 mil lads

Gambler nemesis ever?

Comes with it's own fuckoff pitfalls, I imagine. Still, probably can't completely automate driving people around for a good while yet even when the tech catches up with the idea.

Good luck whatever happens, truck driver user

So can someone explain to me the Rest, PC and hard plastic nonsense?

The limited runs of resin are considered collector's items, but they're the sets that don't include cards. The PVC looks like trash and the hard plastic is bigger but holds less detail........ also Resin is fragile, I understand (never owned any models in it).

Seems like most of 1.5 is hard plastic, with the exception of the promos and shit... Is that typical for the KS or do they sell the better definition minis after the backers are satiated?

So with KD passing the most funded game kickstarter, are there new normie news popping up?

Im in the mood for some laughs

I'm backing at Satan tier, and will be rescanning the entire game, to ensure that everything is the same quality, and also because my cards are too worn from use to scan again and look good, in my opinion.

Plus by rescanning everything with my new scanner, we don't have to worry about the crack that showed up on a few cards, such as Red Fist.

As before, I'll scan everything, put it in the mod and publish it for everyone else to use and update with whatever scripts they want to do. People are on their own for the rulebooks.

Plastic is better for mass production, resin is not.

I'm guessing you're talking about the materials that minis are made of?

Everything in this KS (unlike the first one) is hard plastic. Hard plastic is one of the best materials to make minis out of. It holds almost as much detail as resin does, but without the horrible economies of scale that resin has. Resin is, generally, the highest quality material to use for minis, but mass production of resin minis is garbage because every cast damages the resin mold and they only last a dozen or two casts. Hard plastic requires very expensive metal molds to begin production, but once you've got those they'll last for millions of casts.

PVC (soft plastic) is garbage in terms of quality, but is cheap to produce. Nothing in this kickstarter is made of PVC. The original KS was initially planned to be made with PVC, but Poots switched to hard plastic after production, which caused most of his huge funding issues in that campaign.

Nothing in this KS is resin. Everything is high quality hard plastic.

Literally every single item in this kickstarter is HIPS. Same with all game content of last kickstarter.

Which Pledge is the best value for gameplay?

Currently looking at this

Ancient Gold Latern + all new expansions =
$1,355 Total + shipping = $1,504

Gamber 2nd face + 7 old expansions =
$1,257 Total +Shipping = $1,435

Black Friday Gold Lantern pledge + 6 old expansions + all new =
$1,235 Total + shipping = $1,369

I got a Black Friday Gold Lantern Pledge to give away.

>Same with all game content of last kickstarter.
There were optional purchases of resin figures available in the first KS. But these were a sideshow to the 98% HIPS hard plastic production.

I could've sworn I saw some pinup/promos toted as RESIN, and yeah in this campaign. Real chance I'm not remembering right, but I recall seeing it...

I didn't know there were size constraints for the resin process, that's interesting. Thanks for the info.

I can dig that, and especially now that he HAS established relations with a manufacturer, I imagine that it was his endgame all along.

But does anyone know if resin is hard to work with? Modelers I've talked to bitched about foreworld for years, but it's been eons.

Thank guys. All good tho. I got my KD:M Money in and ready. Looks for me in TTS KD:M Scripted If yall wanna play or learn. Or Vice Versa

Depends on what you mean by gameplay. If you count stuff like Pinups of Death 2 with its one whole promo card, then Satan best. If you mean expansions + promos, BF Gold is best.

>I could've sworn I saw some pinup/promos toted as RESIN, and yeah in this campaign
You saw wrong, then. There are resin models on the Kingdom Death web store, but everything in the KS is HIPS hard plastic.

>being illiterate
All game content was HIPS. Pinups were offered in resin, and there was a resin Phoenix, but all GAME content was indeed plastic.

I would have thought Option 1 but my spreadsheet-fu is weak as shit

>If you mean expansions + promos, BF Gold is best.
Nah that's horseshit. There's two more new expansions confirmed coming, which will put Ancient Gold + New Expansions cost more than BF Gambler's Lantern 2nd Face + Old Expansions.

Go for ancient gold latern, because the current expansions will eventually start drying up.

Do you REALLY want all of the new stuff? Or do you just have a BF Gambler 2nd and BF Gold L because it was the closest you could get to what you wanted?

Generally resin has more manufacturing errors. For example, GWs infamous finecast miniatures are all resin. Bubbles, gaps, and flash will all need to be cleaned.

That said, if a company is willing to put in effort then Resin can produce some of the most high quality miniatures. Kingdom Death is one of the companies, and the high quality of it miniatures are a major selling point.

>Phoenix
>not game content
Also the Watcher and, oddly enough, the Lion Knight.

Dude do you really have all those in your manager?

I am pissing my pants because I can't climb out of BF Silver Lantern or regular BF L. I have to choose between slumlording it looking for a used core to enhance OR pay 50 dollar idiot tax.

>buying a duplicate of an item you get for free, with the duplicating coming with no cards or rules
>calling the duplicate game content
There is game content of the Phoenix. That does not mean that the Resin Phoenix is game content.

There was also a resin Frogdog, Pariah, Nightmare Ram, and Black Knight, but no one would call those resin releases game content.

>a game piece isn't game content

There's at least one AGL available right now my dude

I read on past archives that Gambler 2nd Face is the best value. It seems with +2 more expansions and talk about one of them being a large $100+ expansion, Gambler 2nd Face will be the best.

I'm going to sell all except 1 or 2 of the pinups and make about $450 back from those.

>a display piece is game content

>these two things are mutually exclusive

>There's at least one AGL available right now my dude
AGL is not a limited tier.

Did not realise that.

Disregard i suck cocks

>blk kght
>predominately all prime colors

Huh. Really makes you think.

>>Metallic gray is a primary colour

Good eyes, faggot.

"""predominately"""
You only further my case for how retarded the colorway is

8:00PM Black Friday Lantern Going up

I think you may just have shit taste

Complete newbie here, just finished the prologue hunt with a buddy this afternoon. Holy SHIT there's a lot to this game, and it's incredibly intimidating. Anyone got any tips for a couple of first-timers?

here's your (You)

>no timezone

kekkamundo

You will lose your first settlement.