Warhammer 40,000 General

Shit general finally deleted, whiteknights btfo edition

Last shining castle >Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>As current as the FAQs get
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (the libraries of Commorragh are far more "interesting"):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eYaxAosBuro
strawpoll.me/12031543
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Any good color combos for bandages, fresh and bloodied? I'm thinking of using all my spare wounded guardsmen pieces to create a squad of walking wounded, but since bandages are a major theme among this group I feel its prudent I get their color right.

Rate my list

Anyone play any fun games today? Played against a pretty bro Nurgle player in a 1250pt game. Ended up having to get my Enginseer into combat to kill the final Plague Marine on the board after about 4 rounds of combat. Hopefully this pic is a little better as well.

Also I have to ask: what is the most hilarious thing to ever happen in any of your games Veeky Forums?

Okay... asking again. Who can match Belakor in the fluff/lore? From the Imperium.

I generally use Ushabti Bone(or any eggshell color) washed with Agrax Earthshade for the worn-out bandage look Maybe use some red blotches for blood? I've never done bloody bandages.

Inquisitive minds need to know what the fuck is the Imperial Crusade detachment? If it mixes SoB/Black Templars/Some guardsmen then what in the living fuck are the bonuses that somehow affect 3 armies at once? This shit is gonna be either full of gigantic formations like Cadian detachment and thus be absolute shit or be incredibly modular so as to be 3 detachments in one which would be awesome.

Leaks cant come soon enough.

R O C K S
O
C
K
S

Continuing the discussion from the end of the last thread, is it just me or are Genestealer Familiars ridiculously good?

Only five points to get two extra attacks at S4 with rending, and you can have two per Patriarch or Magus, giving your Magus four more WS4 strikes, and your Patriarch four more WS7 strikes.

Celestine can match him for a few pages of fight scene, before he bests her, and an anonymous space Marine steps in, inspired by her example of noble sacrifice to actually beat belakor

Does anyone know the best place to get discontinued forgeworld stuff, for example the chimera track guards and rear hatch?

Raw, only the first has any effect.

Eldar Exodites :-)

The guy has his own metal band, he is unbeatable

youtube.com/watch?v=eYaxAosBuro

Perhaps the Sanguinor, Kaldor Draigo, Mephiston or Darnath Lysander perhaps?

The Emperor and Sister's of Silence?

How are GSCs not instantly purged?

I mean sure they aren't actively fighting the imperium at first, and they are being productive citizens, but wouldn't having weird religious practices raise a few eyebrows?

And it's pretty much said that the Magus is supposed to be the ambassador between his Cult and the community, posing as whatever face they're disguising themselves as. Kind of a weird looking fella.

I mean the Imperium tolerates the Machine Cult and their worshiping a space dragon, but they also had to fight a war to become accepted, and provide vital services for the Imperium, GS cultists are just really hard workers who live in the sewers.

This is a crystal clear case of RAI over RAW and will never ever come up in a real game and you know it.

2 Familiars = 4 attacks, otherwise they wouldn't give you the option to take more than one.

The idea is kinda that planetary Governors just brush over them as long as quotas are met. A world where the ecclesiarchy is around heavily wouldnt tolerate them, but they tend to fester in backwater mining planets and hive cities.

Surely they could disguise it as an imperial cult thing, right? Not to mention knowing the Imperium knowledge of GSCs is probably actively suppressed, so maybe just Ordo Xenos would be aware of it

Why are you insulting Marvin's looks? I see an impeccably dressed scholar, his brow furrowed in deep thoughts of his devotion to the emperor.

He always pays his tithe on time, and adds in some extras.

The option to take two is presented purely so there won't be confusion over taking a genestealer familiar and the crouchling together.

0/10

Filename relevant.

Do I have enough boys for da red an' spiky Waaagh?

Dude, didn't you fix your fuckin bases last thread. These are so ugly.

Why would they let you take two if only one works?

What do you think about a Magus with the Crouchling plus two familiars getting 6 extra attacks? Since the crouchling takes a weapon slot rather than a Familiar slot, so you can still buy two normal ones.

I hope they like Errata the Crouchling to be an alternate upgrade to the Familiar, and let the Magus take an additional artifact in addition to it, since there's currently no reason to give your Magus anything other than the Crouchling.

Holy shit those guard bases are ass
Kys

>but wouldn't having weird religious practices raise a few eyebrows?
Do you have any comprehension of how fuckhuge the Imperium is?

Think of how many denominations of just Christianity there are on Earth alone, then multiply that by billions of worlds.

You can have a bajillion different cults that all ostensibly worship the Emperor in their own way with their own cultural norms and idiosyncrasies.

Also every Genestealer Cult is different as well, they aren't instantly recognizable as being similar to the others on the surface.

But the Crouchling replaces the autopistol, not takes a familiar slot, RAW you can have the Crouchling and two familiars.

And the Patriarch can take two familiars also, even though he has no option to take the Crouchling.

A lot of their number are going to be in the underhive and the sumps, where no sane Arbites is going to go. Unless some amazingly bad shit is going on down there (full-scale GSC insurrection being the obvious one here), ain't no proper Imperial subjects going down there for a look-see.

Except the Patriarch can take two and can't take the Crouchling, and the Crouchling doesn't even replace a Familiar when you take it with the Magus, it replaces one of his weapons.

Yes, a Magus with 2 Familiars + Crouchling has 6 extra attacks.

O-ok

Might just be the lighting anons making it look brighter than it actually is. Because here's the after photo I posted yesterday.

Not him but they're better now than they were. Could still use some touching up and layering but they're not garishly eye-raping like before. Grey Guard user is making efforts to improve, so don't be dicks.

Who is the speediest git in all of 40k?

Can anyone beat 66" in one turn? (Autarch with Hawk Wings + Faolchu's Wing)

Solataire Blitz?

That's a lot of psychic dice, which is good. I see you have two infantry squads with no upgrades - why is that? You may want to specialize your squads a bit more - for instance, the veterans don't need both meltaguns and a flamer. Use your noodle, keep the meltas away from hordes with your chimera, and have another squad with two flamers to hose down orks/gaunts/heretic guardsmen.

Anyone else impatiently awaiting Fall of Cadia leaks?

Yes but it's that Autarch, except he rolls Falcon's Swiftness

Even taking maximum rolls on turn 7 the Solitaire only gets a 42" move, plus running.

Detachment-wide Fearless and Zealot.

Says so in the White Dwarf

>why would GW let you take two of something that doesn't work due to a poorly written rule later in the book?

Are you assuming the GW codex writers are competent?

That technical paint only looks good on Skitarii, it looks like shit on every other model (including your guardsmen).

Try Agrellan Earth instead, it's a lighter color so the contrast won't be so retardedly strong, and the cracked earth effect will look better. Finish some of the models with a few scrub brush looking plants and you'd actually have a decent looking army instead of that abomination.

To basically stand with the psykana division to prevent charges. The wrydvane are there to summon daemons, while the primaris' + astropath use blessings/witchfire
I figured that since a chimera only has 2 firing points that taking 2 melta for drive-by tank popping and the flamer for jumping out and clearing an objective would be helpful. I havent run this full list before, but I have used Vets with that loadout and it worked fairly well.

Guys I'm playing a friendly 1500 point game tomorrow as Blood Angels. Do you think this list is fine?

Goku wakes up on Holy Terra. After a tense standoff with the Imperium, a radical Inquisitor sees the potential this superhuman has in aiding them, and promises him a good fight and good food in exchange for helping the Imperium with fighting Chaos.

How does he do? Does Chaos manage to corrupt Goku?

more than you at least

Get that fanfiction shit outta here.

I might try the plants user. Thanks for the advice. I really just was going for the look of the main planet in Starship Troopers with the bases.

>Fearless and Zealot.
Fearless is literally redundant with Zealot around.
Post pics of the WD or gtfo.

gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8
dont h8 just appreci8

>the shitty Eldar detatchment and absolutely terribly-equipped Triptide meme continues

Me bro, your bases need to work their way to this.

Do a dry brush of elf flesh, and knock off all the caked stuff on your boys' boots.

I suck at phone posting. At least I can post oversized, low-quality pictures alright.

Planet P was a normal desert environment user. they filmed it in the Badlands in South Dakota.

Better. Now drybrush.

That sounds absolutely fucking retarded as both SoB and BT already use plenty of chaplains/priests to get zealot and zealot already gives fearless. Can you post the source please? Im curious.

If that is indeed their bonus then I personally hope BT chaplains get their Unmatched Zeal special rule back to interact with Righteous Zeal. It'd be awesome if you could choose to give Counter-Attack or Rage to a squad with a chaplain rather than just lose guys to get it.

Hey its that annoying Emperor children guy with not 2 but three samples of his experimental purple color scheme. Dude on the right is the newest, left is the oldest.

Which should become my new pattern? Left, Center, or Right?

Basically, my thought process is this:. At some point there were two ideas for familiars: you could take one, and it would give you two rending attacks, or you could take up to two, and each would give you a rending attack.

GW being GW, we got the codex that straddles the line between both, so it's impossible to tell if four rending attacks for ten points was intended. With no clear showing of intent, you have to go with raw.

Oh god, yeah well I wouldn't put it past GW.

Where in the fuck are their competent writers?

GGA here thanks I'll try to. Here also have an oversized decent quality picture in thanks.

Crusading.

And it's not really in the WD.

No, it's very clear what it is.

A Familiar gives you 2 Rending attacks. 2 Familiars gives you 4. This is clearly intended.

Also the RAW doesn't even support your argument. It doesn't say "a model with one or more Familiars makes 2 extra Rending attacks etc." it says "a model with a Familiar". So there's no reason it wouldn't stack, since the rules almost always explicitly state when something does not stack.

I remember it being pretty red at some parts of the movie. I might have to watch it again.
I fucking love that movie. It's pretty much the only reason my Guard is Grey.

>Nurgle marine brought down in an orgy of guardsmen

Cults are usually clandestine. Haven't you played Dark Heresy, nigga?

Why is the plasma tank alone and the eradicator with the tank commander? If the executioner joins pask he can reroll the 1s on Gets Hot. Keep the eradicator on its own so you can spread the firepower around even without orders.

any body with access to rocks.
whether their willing or able to pay for the massive cost a rock is to the imperium is a different question.

>And it's not really in the WD.
Then why post about something so plainly stupid?

It didn't dawn on my that the executioner gets preferred enemy from Pask desu.

>If the executioner joins pask he can reroll the 1s on Gets Ho
Why do people still think this? I honestly don't understand why it even required an FAQ, but even after it's spelled out crystal clear people are still spouting this meme.

It's just like ICs and Infiltrate, only it actually comes up all the time.

I didn't. That user trolled you. First mega link has the Jan WD in it and I already scoured that fucker for stuff.

I just wasn't the Fall of Cadia leaks already.

Maybe you actually watched John Carpenter's Ghost of Mars and got the two confused?

SIDE NOTE

What's the best website for buying vehicle bits in the US? I need the rear door and one of the lascannons for a Chimera I got secondhand.

"A model with a familiar" means one or more. The rule is satisfied with one, two, or any number of familiars beyond.

The English language uses words like "per", or "for each" to indicate an effect like what you're describing. Could you check the codex in your native language? I'd be interested to see if the same pattern holds in it.

Chimeras can't get lasscannons user.

>Grey
Weren't the fatigues more of a faded purple than grey?

is adding a tech priest enginseer to an ordinary skitarii maniple a good idea? excuse my noobishness

>wrong OP image
Another retard making shit threads.

Is someone going to make a better thread or are we just going to have to put up with this?

Lasguns

No, the rules use the phrase "one or more" when the intent is that the effect does not stack for multiple instances.

When it says "a" it applies for each.

Depends how many vehicles you take.

No more multiple fucking generals, if you don't like the one that is made than make sure you're there when it hits bumplimit and make the new one yourself.

Every other general can figure this shit out, why can't you idiots figure this shit out?

>""""""""""wrong""""""""""
I was making a point to the shitlords that bitched endlessly about how we kept ignoring the spoilered general, since they claimed we were avoiding it because it didn't use the meme image.
We weren't, and to prove that we aren't so retarded as to require every thread to use it I made one with a different image instead, only this one has correct formatting and the variant image at least has the logo on it.

Citation needed

praise be someone who isn't me made a real thread

It looks Grey to me. It's pretty close to both. I just like the lighter Grey better on my models.

The burden of proof is on you to prove otherwise, because every reasonable person agrees that the intent is that multiple familiars stack.

>this assblasted autist is shitposting again
we don't get mad at op's images we get mad at op's text

if the text for the general is formatted like a turd or spoilered nobody can read it

as is it's a struggle to make people read them so why make it harder?

strawpoll.me/12031543

Anyone else picking up one of those armored assault boxes next week? I'm getting pic related. I get free gaunts with a Tervigon I was already gonna buy.

There is literally nothing wrong with the image. The same image shouldn't be used every time.

Fuck off and go take your autism pills or something.

I didn't make the claim that GW has a rigorous policy on templating 40k rules like WotC does for magic cards.

Claiming "burden of proof" in this scenario is misunderstanding how the burden of proof works. Almost as if you're just using buzzwords.

Considering I don't own any Tervigons yet and was planning on getting two or three of them eventually, I'll probably grab one of these when I have the extra cash.

The really lucky fuckers are the DEldar players and Space Marines who need more Pods.

ive been thinking about getting the space wolves one. a lot of people have been recommending them as an ally for my skitarii maniple.
i do not know why excactly they recommend space wolves and not any other chapter

I might be getting one depending on what payday looks like. I'm not sure if I want to get the Dark Angels one or the Space Marines one.

Basically I can't decide if I want a Rhino or a Drop Pod.

>I didn't make the claim that GW has a rigorous policy on templating 40k rules like WotC does for magic cards.
But you implied it by appealing to the exact strictures of English language. Keep moving goalposts though.

>Deldar

It's a worse box than the Start Collecting, unless you really don't care about Reavers at all.

And the Necrons make the fuck out more than anyone.

I'm trying really hard to talk myself out of getting the Eldar one, since I got a Wave Serpent for Christmas and haven't finished painting it, but I've heard the boxes are limited stock and could disappear like the battleforces seem to have done.

>The really lucky fuckers are the DEldar players
It's pretty much redundant given the SC box.

How good is the stormlord for the guard?

pretty good

London anons, who wants to split the triumvirate box with me? I just want Grefax.

No, I implied that the rules of the English language are the only way to read raw. Absent some rigorous templating guide for rules like mtg has, this is self evident.

Don't be discouraged by the dicks. Your models look way better than most of the shit I've seen including my own ones

No recent games but my funniest moment was a Tau (me) vs Marines game. Tactical squad charged Firewarriors near the start of the game. Firewarriors locked the Marines in combat until the end of the game. We decided to keep going to see who would win. Marines did... Another three phases later.