40k general

Faggots gonna fag edition

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>As current as the FAQs get
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (the libraries of Commorragh are far more "interesting"):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

forgeworld.co.uk/en-DE/Legion-MKIV-Destroyer-Squad-with-Jump-Packs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I want free shit. Does anyone have any batch codes off their Finecast packaging (boxes or clam package)? Preferably SM or SW? Here's one for a Thunderfire Cannon. Call GW, say your model is fucked (pock marks, miscast, etc). They'll ask for a batch code then send you a new one.

if assholes like you abuse that, it might no longer work like that.

Over 5 years, I've done it about 6 times. Works all the time. Can't overdo it.

Are Space Yiffs any competitive? Everyone raves about their Long Fangs, but I don't see what makes them so great. Help me out.

retoasting since I posted after bump limit

Competitive-ish fluffy-ish Black Templars/GK list. It's okay, the GK's will be painted as Exorcists.

NDK and Termies are deep striking/DISTRACTION CARNIFEX.

Assault marines combat squad and bumrush as many units as possible, tying up as much of the enemy army as they can (will try to multicharge).

Devs and Crusaders bust tanks/Big Guys™.

EC, BC, and Crowe all pile into a drop pod with the Command Squad (my shop has ruled it legal since I'm taking it as Fast Attack and not a DT). They strike in turn 1, positioning away from any not-assaulted shooty units. Then they charge, a nice blender of AP 2 at high initiative and weapon skill, using the Command Squad to catch some bullets while they enter GLORIOUS MELEE COMBAT.

They're actually more competitive as melee army these days.

Thunderwolf Cavalry and Wulfen are fast and killy as hell. They'll get a turn 2 charge almost for sure.

Not that guy, but starting a Space Wolf army myself. I know they're CC oriented and I'd love to get my hand on some TWC and Wulfen, but for regular troops like Grey Hunters, should I bother getting them chain swords/ccw, or just stick with bolters and 2 special weapons?

Are SW terminators any good? I'd love to throw em in their flying brick with Arjac.

I know one guy has a drop pod wolf army that just smashes the enemy deployment zone with everybody CCWs + meltaguns. It seems effective for him.

Unless you build the force around it, though, I don't think it'd work.

>termies

No better than any other generic Terminators.

Any idea which direction I should take my list? Pic related is what I have so far. Almost done with 20 plague zombies and a rhino as well. I was originally gonna have a squad of each legion for paintings sake but I'm picking up the traitor legion supplement this week and wanted to start to narrow it down. I like fluff far more than cheese. I almost never play. Still haven't used these guys actually.

Could do with at least one vehicle for the Iron warriors, maybe some CC chosen for the EC. Got any close up pics of that Power Armour Lord next to Lucius?

Here ya go. He's a sorcerer I did with some extra bits. I made his staff purposefully excessive.

Sorry for the shitty lighting I just snapped a quick shot.

You really can't go wrong with Autocannon Havocs. Get two sets of pic related from Forge World (or kitbash your own), pick up an extra CSM box, and bam - ten Autocannon Havocs.

While AutoHavocs may not always be the BEST choice, they will very, very rarely be the WRONG choice.

Reposting from end of last thread. Playing against Death Gaurd or Iron Warriors.

How much would that run you?

Can anyone please enlighten me on what mark of pack this priest is using? Id really like some without the wings - mark 1? I cant find anything on this but the single huge engine makes my dick diamonds. I need them for my assaultmarinez

Making a list for an upcoming tourney.. 1850 pts expecting to see some cheese.

Running a Death Guard Legion with some demon allies!

C&C welcome!

I was thinking about this, but I have trouble ordering from FW. I think it's a currency issue, haven't figured it out. I may snipe some from ebay or something though.

Mark IV

forgeworld.co.uk/en-DE/Legion-MKIV-Destroyer-Squad-with-Jump-Packs

Mark 4
That's a Chaplain
Bits order them from the Sanguinary Guard kit
Wings are separate

Show me your army and game pics Veeky Forums!!!

Also what are some things I could use to help improve my bases? And I've started trying to scrape off some of the Ironcrust where it's too clumpy on the model if that helps.

Pls r8 me m8s.

>want to run NL LasCanon snipers who blow up tanks while a double flamer fist Hellbrute REEEEEEs it's way into the exposed meaty bits
>AC Havoks are better in every single way 95% of the time
>double fist hellbrutes are shit because they have no delivery
>can take Dreadclaws but they're also shit

Those bases look heaps better user well done.

Jesus, how often do you play, user? I'm fucking jealous. I get MAYBE half a game a month. It kills me.

>double fist hellbrutes are shit because they have no delivery

Take 3 and deep strike them with that formation that gives them IWND.

Long Fangs can take five heavy weapons, gain splitfire for lol's, or can a two man throw away squad with a combi melta/metla.

I can't use that in a Murder Talon, and frankly, I think "Take 20 of this one model!" formations are stupid cash grabs by GW. Also, I don't have 3 HB because that's retarded.

>Also, I don't have 3 HB because that's retarded
Being able to take three separate dreadnoughts without taking up any elite slots, and gaining the ability to deep-strike them with a single reserve roll is solid. For comparion's sake, the loyalists have to pay an extra 105 points and three separate elite slots to do the same thing.

It's basically termicide/obiterators on steroids. Not a broken formation, but gives chaos some teeth with a unit that would otherwise never see play.

How based can one chapter be?

>best fleet of all the Astartes
>several other chapters answer to them because of their sheer badassery
>massive planetoid-sized fuckhuge ship called the Rock
>their Primarch will likely be the first loyalist to return
>several absolute combat beasts in their ranks like Azrael, Asmodai and Belial
>10/10 aesthetic

Their books are really shitty though

>traitors

dropped

It also requires 3 mediocre units that cost $50 (unless you want 3 static models with zero options) and don't fit into any available Decurions. Loyalist a can also get Iron clad and Venerable Dreadnoughts with Drop Pods.

Ok, there are no solutions only problems. Got it.

not sure about the wulfen and thunderwolf calvary as i refuse to use that shit but from my experience they play like regular marines with extra gimmicks

their tempastas powers are pretty nifty for an offensive psyker

army wide counterattack makes them real good at countering melee armies

pretty cool special hq's as well, despite his high cost Bjorn the fellhanded is incredibly durable and very powerful in cc

they also got a buff to all their dreadnoughts including bjorn that adds 2 close combat attacks to their base profile, coupled with their upgrades like the dreadnought axe/shield, helfrost cannons and great wolf claws and I have to make the argument that they have the best dreadnoughts out of any marine army

I may be ditching their color scheme for my own army but i'll be damned if i stop using their rules

Chaos is shit until the models are free in both $$$ and points and this will only make them barely mediocre.

Thinking of bringing this to a casual game against a fellow SM player.

How much will any sort of AOE fuck my day up and what are my chances of actually getting shit done?

>what are my chances of actually getting shit done?

Zero unless your opponent runs towards you or you get a lucky charge on turn 3. Run it and tell us how you do.

Needless to say, those Neophyte squads are all using CCW. Couldn't be arsed to change all that.

Are Hunter Killer missiles worth taking?

I know the autocannon is the best choice for the Leman Russ, but what kind of Sponsons should I take?

>tfw list builder doesn't have your codex

Three mandatory Hellbrutes isn't a solution, though, especially when I want to assault with them. Best case scenario, they come down T2, don't mishap, and miraculously get within charge range on T3.

It's just going to be a simple "bring 1000 points and bash heads to try my new army" elimination game, so him not constantly fleeing is not that unlikely.

If your main gun is ordnance, you don't take any extra weapons. If it's not then you can take what ever supports the tank best. Paskinisher with heavy bolters is pretty strong with 10000 shots. Only time I've seen HK's used is either to fill missing points or in 3 tank strong paskstar for maximum first strike damage.

That's a very safe old standby image, user. It's boring to see all the time, but I never get mad at an occasional classic.

are the "start collecting" packs massive rip offs? do they even have weapon customization in them?

If only we could take them as hull/sponson wepaons, an Exterminator with 3 more Autocannons would be great.

I'd keep Lemans sponson free for less points but Heavy Bolters are fine, I've had some luck in heavy terrain games using Multi-meltas on BS4 tanks though.

They're actually fantastic deals. They come fully loaded as if you bought everything separate.

double respawning cultists though

maybe play a real army then faggot

user, the best choice for a Leman Russ is what best fills in whatever gaps you have in your list (unless you count Paskisher). Best sponson is always something that complements that (Executioner loves extra plasma, Vanquisher would only take Multi-Meltas if you had the points to spare, Exterminator and Punisher usually take extra Heavy Bolters, etc.). Be aware that Battle Cannon and Demolisher Cannon make all other guns fire snap shots - in view of that, the common wisdom is to save the points and not take sponsons or pintle-mounts on Battle Tanks and Demolishers at all.

As for Hunter-Killers, I personally would spend the points elsewhere. A 1-shot krak missile that has to be fired at the target of your other weapons is likely to be either overkill or ineffectual, with the points being better spent on getting, say, a Sentinel of some flavor with a Lascannon if you feel the need to add more AT.

Email the guy then, you sniveling cunt.
I emailed him and he added some things for me; Leviathan Dreadnought, fire raptor, Spartan, lucius drop pod, Asterion Moloc and Ivanus Enkomi.
Stop being a typical whiney SoB bitch player, and take action.

that doesn't sound half bad at all
what's the consensus on metal and plastic models, is metal impractical or unnecessary? maybe metal exclusively for special characters?

Let's say I love Onager Dunecrawlers and Castelans but don't want to invest into a Knight. What kind of formation combination would provide me the most of both at the best efficiency for under 2000 points?

I should mention, GSC, not IG. They don't have too many ranged anti-armor options, they're mostly melee ranged stuff (though basically the whole army packs Rending and I can get some good special weapons) I figured like plasma cannon or multi-melta sponsons could be good for filling that niche.

The only thing that's metal are Sisters of Battle. Everything else is plastic or failcast.

Give neophytes shotguns. The goal with the meatshields is to do as much ranged damage as possible before your initiates mop up in melee.

Let's say you have an LRC squad. So 8 initiates 8 neophytes.

If equipped with shotguns, that's 16 + I shots.

Metal is great for learning how to paint since you can practically throw your mini in acid to clean paint mishaps and still be good. They also have a bit of a collectors value compared to plastic and have a good weight to them, in limited numbers at least. I use the metal versions of characters whenevr I find them, tho I would never voluntarily work on a full metal army.

Too much. Jusy get csm heavy bolters and extend th barrel

>tfw no more xv15 models
Welp, metal was nice, kind of miss it.

Pretty sure some IG models are still all metal.

*16+8 shots

I strip with Simple Green when stripping metal models. Does wonders.

I don't play SoB
>maybe play a common/generic army then faggot
FTFY

A Succubus with Incubi negates their assault grenade weakness, right?

Azrael gets cucked back to his deep dark gay dungeons by Logan Grimnar. Belial isnt anything special, only good at derp striking.

ignore my finger in the picture please

>muh specul snoflek
What is it if not SoB then?

How well would a Skyblight Swarm pair with GSC? I figured that would be a fluffy and mechanically relevant way to ally them in.

I'd ask ditto for Guard (what would be both fluffy and help fill a gap in GSC tactically) as I know less about their formations.

DKoK

beautiful guard army. love the ragtag look.

Flyrants are good addition to almost any army but the top3.

>forgeworld speshul snowflake edgelord shit

you know guard by any other name is still guard right you fucking contrarian faggot

you say that all the other armies are boring and you're literally playing humans

>Old store had that Realm of Battle table
>nothing but fun times on it
>loved stupid shit like putting the fuck off hill in the middle
>sometimes put another hill on top
>fast forward 5 years
>new store gets the flat cityscape
>shit in comparison because it's covered in shit
>can only use it for 40k

I miss that board.

Email the guy then, provide the references for the units required.
You make me sick, just sitting there like a SoB player whining because you don't get what you want.
Take action, douchebag

thank you kindly. have a better angle of the gunline for your trouble

please teach GGA how to take pictures this nice

also I really like your tanks

Would a veteran using a special weapon in a command squad have a special name or something? e.g gunner?

I've called all the others a special name, Captain, Vox Operator, Medic, Standard Bearer, but I'm not sure what to call the special weapon guy.

From what I've seen recently, Finecast seems to look okay, what's the issue with it? Is it more brittle or something? I've looked at them in the clear packs they have at my LGS thoroughly.

Hydra tanks for anti air.
Emperor's wrath artillery company for rape.

I agree user. the realm of battle board is a solid gaming implement. never had a game I didn't enjoy on one.

ironically my guard look best on urban tables but since I play tanks and infantry they play p badly in built up urban tables

Dude what are you on about? I love IG, I just think the DKoK look cooler and I like their units.
I don't really have any problems with other armies, they just don't strike a chord with me like the IG do.
Can you email him for me?

are you implying there is an issue with being literally humans? you sound like a heretic to me user

>I don't really have any problems with other armies, they just don't strike a chord with me like the IG do.

>calling every other army generic

go read some lore you fuckwad

>fantasy game
>could be anything
>could do anything
>rather be piss poor humans

Fuck it got mad up in here.

lol I was kidding, bud. Chill out. What army do you main?

It often breaks from the smallest things (if you ever drop a finecast model chances are high that it won't survive even on soft floor), are noticeably more expdnsive than normal plastic and GW often has finecast models covered in mold lines and other scrap pieces that are a pain to get off without leaving any marks on the model. The overall level of detail doesn't make up for all this shit at all.

Seth, the Veritas Vitae Chaplain, and the 8-man Death Company roll up in the LR Crusader toward whatever needs the most power fist-assisted fucking. The other Death Company, with their Chaplain, drop in on infantry. Two assault squads to pop tanks, Devastators pop tanks from the back (and have a Razorback if they need to move closer, though it'd likely go up the field along with the Land Raider). Tax tactical squad drops their pod to help guide in deep striking Death Company, and might even set something on fire in the process.

Rate?

My most points are my chaos, my most painted are my Emperor's Spears (space marines)

but I've got a fuckload of tyranids and orks (100 boyz or so and some fun toys) and I'm starting dark eldar (used to play them in tournaments)

Ah, you're outside my area of expertise, then. I'd go with MM over PC, just because of Gets Hot. You may want to consider buying a BT or Demolisher and skipping sponsons entirely, though - the Vanquisher is good about getting guaranteed pens, buuuuuut you can only pen if you hit first, and the Vanq is Heavy *1*. The Exterminator would do all right at AT with Lascannon + Multi-meltas, but it's not ideal.

Frank.

aw shucks fellas. you guys are awful kind to me and my guard. I'm glad you guys like 'em so much.

I'll post another one for you guys (one of my personal favorites, a vanquisher of mine lining up a shot on a distant exorcist), but I'll stop there I think since I don't wanna spam the thread.

He's already got a name, Olujimi Ademola, and decided to just call him Plasma Gunner. But thanks anyway.

Nice bud. I just find the humans resonate with me in most games I play because they're more relatable, and they remind me of paladins, which is my favorite class in most RPGs

>noticeably more expensive than normal plastic
Yeah, I noticed that actually - they wanted something like $30-40 for a single model.

i like the bog standard imperial guard where every member is basically standard infantry, everyone is mediocre, and they rely on their superior numbers, their vehicles, and their tactical genius to take on impossible odds
they're all humans in a composed unit hanging on by the handle of their lasguns with nothing else saving them from the perils abound, all following the chain of command to its best effect to hopefully survive another battle before going onto the next
i find it very interesting

look, you can feel free to post non-blurry photos of well painted models as much as you want

If I were you though I wouldn't post the same image in every general for a whole day though