Are there any good settings or games where humans have gone extinct and robots have inherited the Earth...

Are there any good settings or games where humans have gone extinct and robots have inherited the Earth? Preferably post apocalyptic.

Well there's Lost Source

Now you got me curious, what would a setting with completely human extinction and an Earth inherited by robots look like to be considered not post-apocalyptic?

Is that the homebrewed one? Do you happen to have a pdf?

Well, one where robots seemlessly replaced humans or humans and robots become indistinguishable I guess?

Engine Heart?

>humans extinct
>"post-apocalyptic"

You mean a utopia setting, OP.

fucking misanthropes

そりゃトランスフォーマーだ

thanks

>That's the Transformers
Why did you write in moon runes?

Some of them are hot, so yeah I wouldn't mind fucking misanthropes.

Technically utopian and post-apocalyptic aren't mutually exclusive. All you need to be post-apoc isto be after the apoclypse, after which you can build a uptoia.

In a sense we're already living in a post-apocalyptic world as Earth has endured multiple mass extinction events. It depends on your definition of apocalypse.

That, and besides it's a common trope that the BBEG is trying to destroy the world in order to build his utopia on its ruins.

>Well, one where robots seemlessly replaced humans or humans and robots become indistinguishable I guess?

So... Megaman Legends/Zero?

Well, if you don't mind it being military zombies kitted out in cybernetics rather than robots, then Nechronica is pretty great.

>Well, one where robots seemlessly replaced humans or humans and robots become indistinguishable I guess?

I like idea of a post singularity world where humans in fully prosthetic bodies and true machines end up warring over something to the point of destroying their civilization. The survivors want to rebuild their former glory, but no one can tell at this point who is just an AI and who has a human mind. Some join one camp or another and continue their conflict in the shadow of the world's old glory, while others try to pick up the pieces and put some kind of life back together and hang the old feud.

>Are there any good* settings or games where humans have gone extinct and robots have inherited the Earth? Preferably post apocalyptic.

HAVE I GOT A GAME FOR YOU

Eclipse Phase

THIS user HAS A GAME FOR YOU!

ACT NOW AND GET A FREE COUPON FOR 10% OFF ON A USED CAMEL

Time of Eve is good if you want a comfy version of this idea.

"Indistinguishable-from-human androids" isn't a particularly rare element in Sci-Fi, but it's hard to find stories where it's not just

>humans abuse the robots, robots decide to murder the humans
or
>lifelike androids exist, but it doesn't really matter because everybody is too busy flying spaceships and colonizing planets.

Engine heart is pretty solid. Played a really short game in it once and it's still one of the more fun systems I've played.

Lost Source is neat, I was around for the threads, but last I checked it went the way of a lot of Veeky Forums projects. Interest died down and threads stopped popping up before it was really finished. It's functional but could use some refinement. The setting is fucking cool though.

Memes as currency is probably one of the best joke to good idea turnarounds I've ever seen.

So you want Who Can Replace a Man? by Brian W. Aldiss but in tabletop RPG form.

Came here to say this

So long as as others are recommending anime/vg for setting

Check out Primordia if you can. I don't hear about it a lot, but I think it's the biggest can of beans from Billings to Bismarck.