Aether revolt spoilers

Legend destruction does not go on the stack edition.

more like desolator made another aether revolt rant video edition

Hot off the presses, no translation yet.

Scry 1 on upkeep when you cast creature spell, can pay {G} to draw a card

Does nothing when it hits the board, dies to everything, and the effect is an inconvenience at the worst. It's an okay card I guess?

I hope to god this is another cycle. R/W artifact based draw would make me cream my pants

>Does nothing when it hits the board, dies to everything
Yes
>the effect is an inconvenience at the worst
What
Are we talking about the same game here.

He is just fucking stupid. He doesn't understand how fucking powerful it is to be able to deny your opponent an entire main phase where you can do anything and then deny them the chance of blowing up the board with sorceries.

It also stops them casting instants at your end step as an added bonus.

i think ithis will be good if expertises become standard staples

>tfw he really made another video rant
>comment section disabled

It's 1-mana, cards with that low of an investment don't need to both have a power impact AND have that impact immediately.

This card is nice chip damage in any colour, plus has a solid impactful ability for a board heavy deck. The fact its legendary also isnt a big deal because you can just sac it and play the next.

Worse Xantid Swarm that isn't restricted to green.

Could see play in eternal formats, obviously.

NOW WHERE IS MY FUCKING COUNTERSPELL WIZARDS I WANT TO PLAY CONTROL AGAIN NOT THIS FUCKING RETARD MAGIC

THE BLACK REMOVAL WAS A GOOD START NOW FOLLOW UP ALREADY

Except it doesn't deny an entire main phase. There's been a clear trend of shifting effects on creatures in the form of ETB and activated abilities, so playing them isn't a bad idea. The only real effect is that it prevents you from playing instants on enemy player's turn which is inconvenient but not a game breaker either.

And, for even for that to happen it has to connect first - again, an ok card but hardly a game changer.

see

This nothing like xanthid swarm you mong, swarm stops combat tricks and counters, this stops wraths and your opponents ability to go off on a combo deck at sorcery speed. The overlap on what they do is basically nothing.

Pokedex/10 would complete

What are you talking about? It denies your opponent your own second main phase and end step, plus it prevents instant/sorc on their entire next turn.

He meant your own main phase. You know, the one after combat?

Did you read the card, user? It says "can't cast noncreature spells".

>This is nothing like xanthid swarm you mong
Are you legit braindamaged?

Xantid Swarm's sole purpose is to come down turn 1 in a combo deck, attack your opponent then let you go off on your second main-phase without fear of any counters.

>combat tricks
What the fuck, who plays combat tricks in eternal formats, or in any constructed format.
>counters
This stops counters as well if you choose to go off on your second main.
>Wraths
What wraths are played?

As I said, this is a worse Xantid Swarm that isn't restricted to a color, not sure wether that gives it a good enough niche to be played in eternal formats, but that's the first and most obvious place for this to go.

oh even better

Sure, we'll all play around Mystic Snake, because that's super relevant.

>Hardly a game changer
>Hit opponent
>Sac
>Go off on your combo uncontested and drop creatures without any fear of them getting killed or leaving up mana to protect them
>Opponent basically relies on having activated or etb based removal to deal with your things for their turn.
>Your turn comes again and you have your entire mana pool online to protect your army.

If that isnt game changing then you are fucking stupid.

You literally got cancel with stifle glued to it for no extra mana.

Everyone shut the fuck up. Hope of Ghirapur will surely see Legacy play and everyone saying it is bad will look like a fucking retard.

Now back to new cardboard.

Heres your decently powered Rares.

"Heroic Intervention"
1G
Instant
Permanents you control gain Hexproof and Indestructible until end of turn.
"Anywhere the strong oppress the weak, I will be there."
- Ajani Goldmane

Aethersphere Harvester
Artifact - Vehicle
Flying

When Aethersphere Harvester enters the battlefield, you get EE (two energy counters.)

Pay E: Aethersphere Harester gains lifelink until end of turn.

Crew 1 (Tap any number of creatures you control with total power 1 or more: This Vehicle becomes an artifact creature until end of turn.)

Not sure what you people are talking about that card is not going to see play in a creature deck, it's way to slow and clunky for that.
Plus against what decks exactly are you going to hit them with this successfully to prevent a wrath?

Maybe this is good enough in affinity, but only because affinity doesn't actually care about the 1/1 and because it is super soft to artifact destruction out of the board.

Otherwise this is strictly a card for combo mirrors in shit like vintage or whatever.

>Hope of Ghirapur will surely see Legacy play and everyone saying it is bad will look like a fucking retard.
Why? Give me a reason why

It's a Xatrid Swarm and Silence in one, but only once. What deck wants that without just preferring Silence or Xatrid Swarm? What does this card offer that swarm doesn't do every turn, or that Silence does without having to attack?

Right they must have looked at smugcopter and said "needs more toughness and lifelink."

Should've articulated myself better, sorry.

This trades uncounterability on every turn other than the one you're going off on for chip damage on those turns. Depending on the deck, and considering this can go in a deck of any colour, that can be relevant. Apart from this it also has real applications outside of eternal formats, that's why it's not just worse even in green. This card can actually see play in standard in a green deck, something that would never happen to xanthid swarm.

So while it may not be better in the eternal combo decks that run xanthid swarm currently, it's certainly better outside of that tiny niche.

Costs 3, is therefore still garbage.

Fine. Okay. Your opponent drops this on turn 1, and swings on his turn 2. You don't block it and he sacs it, resulting in you being unable to cast non-creature spells on your turn 2.
1. Will this break your deck completely?
2. Will this put you back so much that you cannot even hope to come back?

As I said, an okay card but hardly anything to write home about.

>mfw mono green gets all these gifts

>It has to be dropped on turn 1 and sacced after the first hit

You are really fucking dumb. It pings your opponent every turn and your opponent must make the choice of letting it hit and hope you dont go off on some combo or waste a card on it to avoid the fear of getting comboed out.

You are so close minded you dont even try to play out the card in your brain and see its applications.

Its fucking 1 mana that if your opponent doesnt deal with it in some way its going to bite their ass.

This is why Veeky Forums is bad at magic, jesus fuck. Braindead.

And it gets completely shut down by an ornithopter. Wow such game changer!

Fantastic, finally an answer to Smuggler's Copter!

real talk, at least the 'Vehicles' deck in Standard will actually have some vehicles in it now

hmm, blocks Smuggles dead before they can get in with it, if you're on the play

What the fuck is this ranting about having to attack? Have you read the goddamn fucking card?

>Who was dealt damage by Hope of Ghirapur this turn.

glass houses, stones, etc

It depends on what format you're talking about

Standard? Maybe idk, lol standard

Modern? There are already so many more onedrop must-kill creatures. Thopter is one you might have to kill because it might bite you later whilst there are so many onedrops you HAVE to kill as they are already biting you right now

Legacy? Xantrid Swarm does it better for the decks that want the effect.

Damn son that is really embarassing lmao

>Dies to everything.

It's ONE MANA.

There is very little for 1 mana that doesn't meet that qualification.

I thought the Veeky Forums is bad at magic was just a meme.
Clearly it wasn't the case.

Don't worry, people grossly overestimated Silence as well, calling it a 1 mana Time Walk. It'll pass

I think their problem is that they evaluate the card based on the absolute best scenario where it lets your combo go off uninterrupted, and ignore every other scenario where it's just a dead draw on turn 4. Sounds powerful but is kinda meh in reality.

Dies to everything is relevant in this case because it needs to survive a turn, swing, and hit for its ability to activate. A vanilla 1/1 wouldn't care about surviving, true.

Eh, 1/1 flying for 1 is hardly bad even if you are just looking at the body. Nothing spectacular but not bad.

"Dies to removal" only works if you trade down in mana (your 3 drop dies to a 1 drop), trading equal or up is not a downside

The card is still bad tho

Which is why I said it's an okay card, to begin with.

So by that logic Cryptic Command is like...super garbage then?

Is that confirmed yet or might it still have been a fake.
Given the power level of this set so far i am thinking it may well be real.

Against aggro decks, yeah, kinda.

Against midrange Cryptic is Godlike because it does everything at the same time. The new counterspell might counter and stifle but most things you want to counter in modern costs less so you're trading down, and stifle is card disadvantage most of the time. Voidslime never saw play either

>Anywhere the strong oppress the weak, I will be there.
Muh Marx

It was previewed in the most recent Story article.

In modern, anything not a planeswalker that costs 4 or more is considered crap. Collected Company has been considered meh by many, and siege rhino is "eh, okay". The only 4 mana cards I can think of that people don't shit on are walkers like Jace the Banned or Nahiri the Meme.

This+orbs of warding
And with this set its shaping up to have cards that may make that possible eariler then it seems

You are playing it in green black it barely fucking matters that you have to sac it.

This
Its something that your oponent has to deal with its like a planeswalkers ult

You can just give it haste

Has been since 2014.

>and the effect is an inconvenience at the worst.
it's a Xantid Swarm that protects from a turn of sorceries too.
like Xantid Swarm, it's a huge threat, unless you're so fucking dominant in the matchup that the opponent is conces after you play the first land.

The flavour text literally says that it's absolutely unlegendary. I get that it is legendary do balance reasons, but fuck me, wizards are getting worse at fluffing out cards each set

This one is legendary because of its circumstance. Its very special by itself, but at the same time its fated to play a crucial role, to fulfill a mission on which depends the fate of Kaladesh.

Its the typical unlikely robot hero.

>Press F to salute.

Tezzeret did nothing wrong

That aspect of the fluff is fine
What concerns me is that it stops noncreature spells the fuck was tez sending through the portal if not creatures.

>nobody's talking about my favorite spoiler so far

this is going to replace 1 thing in the ice and 1 anticipate from my standard deck, and then i'm going to make a commander deck around him, because draw-go control in EDH is totally possible.

he's come a long way from being Consul's lieutenant

I like it very much with pic related. I may as well try to build U/R Prowess/Control with Bedlam Reveler (even if that sounds contradictory).

Yea, but it's not what the flavour text says at all, it says it's just 'an aether disruptor mounted on a lightweight thopter', like if they could have just make 10 of these. It could go along the lines of 'the last aether disruptor, mounted on a lightweight thopter, was the only thing capable of stopping tezzeret', but instead they went with the blandest possible description of the situation. It's like they don't even try

Forgot the pic.

A better goblin electromancer sign me up

>'the last aether disruptor, mounted on a lightweight thopter, was the only thing capable of stopping tezzeret'
that would have been pretty silly. Why on earth would it be the last aether disruptor?

Maybe they actually made more, but THIS is the important one because its the one that achieves its mission. Or maybe stealth was such a factor than a single thopter stood a better chance than a wave of 20.

>the blue thalia

my body is ready

>that would have been pretty silly. Why on earth would it be the last aether disruptor?
Cause it legendary. Things are legendary because they are one of a kind.
>Maybe they actually made more, but THIS is the important one because its the one that achieves its mission.
I don't think that the bullet that killed JFK was more legendary that all the other identical bullets in the clip just because it happened to be the one shot at his head, and it seems to me that the case was similar with what things were usually legendary in mtg. If I'm sperging out too hard it's because I'm still salty from battle at the bridge

If people have to run a bad card to stop a card which one is the good card?

Its prehapes not special but legends will be told of it in future.

>blue anti-thalia
>literally everything thalia isn't
>1/3 so it doesn't care about a 2/1 first strike
>discounts instant and sorcery spells and draws cards

I see what you mean but i dont think it matters its not like this sort of thing will be the norm and variety is nice

Some would say said bullet wasn't legendary (though the shot itself totally was), but the shooter was without a doubt. And who shot JFK?, some bald ape human, almost identical to the other bald apes populating the world and the bald ape he shot.

In the same manner the Thopter is legendary because it is a being to a certain degree (Nissa remarks this point in flavor text) while representing something way greater than itself.

Why would you be salty at Battle at the Bridge tho?

Blue will be whenever you draw a card pay U and draw a card.

>against aggro decks command sucks
>not chain-locking them with command-snap-command while you chip away at their health

You'll get Disallow and Baral and like it.

>This and Salvaging Station

Honestly, those two together the second best thing that could have happened to control magic after Counterspell, good enough in my opinion.

>"Return target NONCREATURE artifact-"

Sorry to break your christmasland dreams, but that just doesn't work.

yeah, I realized that moments after posting.

I'm retarded.

>when you realized that the first ability on the original tezzeret untapped artifacts

10/10 flavor

Fuck them planeswalkers ruining my Magic.

Terese Nielsen is my favorite magic artist, but I gotta say, Ajani looks... Aged here.

these are just the planeswalker cards of the new introductive set.

>combo decks literally splash green just to play its equivalent in T1,5
>this has no color requirement
>it's pretty bad/just okay
Jesus christ, this board is so bad at magic it hurts.

Get on the bench you little shit,we've been looking for you.