What kind of defiling rituals are cool to perform for an evil cult?

What kind of defiling rituals are cool to perform for an evil cult?

Rape?

Defile their altar by setting their overflowing coffee cups on it, no coasters in sight.

YOUR PALADIN FALLS. THEN ROCKS FALL. FUCK YOU GARY

Rape is a classic. If you feel like your players can't handle that for some reason consider things like branding, tattoing, flensing, or just casting spells which corrupt their surroundings or something.

NO FUCK YOU STEPHEN

Circumcision.

Destruction and deification are a large part of desecration.

YOU KNOW WHAT, GARY, I'M FUCKING GLAD YOUR GIRLFRIEND CHEATED ON YOU WITH JOSH, YOU FUCKING DESERVE IT AT THIS POINT.

How about ritual orgy between consenting cultists? With weird fetishes thrown in. Like weeeeeiiiiirrrrrdddddd fetishes.

Like feet.

Not quite weird enough. Gotta go really weird. Like pregnancy .

HOLY SHIT SO FUCKING MATURE, I'M SICK OF ALL YOUR BULLSHIT STEPHEN, YOU DON'T GET TO BE A PRICK TO ME ABOUT EVERYTHING JUST BECAUSE I ALWAYS WIN AT ASCENSION YOU JEALOUS FUCK

>sex stuff
Yes ok we get it, your mind is in the gutter.

How about destroying sacred groves and drawing evil symbols around holy shrines?

Evil symbols like dicks?

Sex stuff has historically been pretty important. Rape especially as an indicator of evil or ill will, because it's pretty much universally a serious no-no.

WOO HOO, YOU CAN WIN AT A GAME THAT NO ONE IN THE AREA BUT YOU OWNS. TRY PAYING MONEY FOR A REAL GAME YOU CHEAP PIECE OF SHIT!!!

Honestly, I felt that sex stuff was obvious and barely worth mentioning -- although I would prefer to include flaying in my games in place of rape if a torture dungeon is involved.

And I meant more things like pentagrams rather than dicks. "Who's been drawing dicks?" versus "why are there five pentagrams arranged symmetrically in this room?"

I'm taking back my dice tower Stephen. You are an asshole, and I want you to know it was me who peed in your sink on not one, but four, separate occasions.

Like what?

Traditional Gaming Feet.

What are their beliefs?

I mean, they're an evil cult. But what makes them evil?

>But what makes them evil?
They're white men.

A demonic sigil drawn in blood while chanting a curse and burning certain herbs. Maybe have them put it somewhere not immediately visible, so when the good guys are at a shrine and need something healed, blessed, or expect to use it as a safespace against some unholy enemies it mysteriously doesn't work until they investigate so that they can find and remove the sigil. They may possibly have the area sanctified again if it isn't holy enough to fix itself once the offending mark is gone.

Fuck you, the Tower is mine. You still owe me for the table, I mean, what kind of idiot uses METAL DICE on a fucking GLASS TABLE COVER?! The whole reason we got the Tower was because of you.

THE TABLE WAS ALREADY FUCKING CHIPPED ANYWAY SO WHO GIVES A SHIT, IT'S NOT MY FAULT THE DICE KEEP ROLLING OFF THE MAT and you know I got the metal ones because your DOG KEEPS CHEWING MY PLASTIC ONES

I know fucktard. I trained him to chew Red Dice after you repeatedly "forgot" to bring snacks on your night, yet ate about a third of what everyone else brought.

God DAMN IT you two get a room. We go through this EVERY FUCKING WEEK. You're like a pair of broken records.

Buring someone alive?

SHUT UP JEREMY, WE ALL KNOW YOU'RE ONLY SALTY ABOUT THIS BECAUSE NEITHER OF US WOULD GO GAY FOR YOU.

I really hope this is just one guy talking to himself. Hilarious.

How many FUCKING times to i have to tell you, I'M NOT GAY. You though he was a girl too asshole!

I TOLD you I have hypoglycemia you fucking DICK, and I only stopped bringing snacks because YOU INVITED JOSH TO THE GAME AFTER HE FUCKED SARAH GODDAMN CUNT I AIN'T FEEDING NONE OF YOU

I hate to agree with Stephen here but fuck off Jeremy. Your cheeto fingers are no longer welcome to my dice bags and nobody wants to see your dick.

Sure, and neither was that burly guy I saw you hanging on to walking out of Applebees with. Yeah, I know about that. Also, Applebees? What, did you have a gift card or something? Shit taste.

Yeah? Now why do you think I did that? Surely it couldn't have something to do with you borrowing over $150 for everything from pizza to stuff from the LGS, to that one time you needed a cab. And Never. Paying it. Back.

Fine. Fuck you Gary, and Fuck you Stephen. If you really don't want me here, I'm gone.

>150 dollars
>to someone who works at a law firm
OH GEE I'M SOOOO SORRY I DIDN'T PAY YOU BACK, IT'S NOT LIKE I WORK TWO FAST FOOD JOBS TO PAY MY GODDAMN RENT. I literally only needed the cab because you REFUSED TO DRIVE ME HOME FROM THE FUCKING GAME AND TOLD ME I COULDN'T SLEEP ON YOUR COUCH BECAUSE OF "THE LEATHER". 30 MILES, STEPHEN. BELOW FREEZING, STEPHEN.
Fucking drama queen. See you at game night, Jer.

Nice bait.

I hate all of you.

Alright fuckwad. See you next Wednesday then? You and I both know we've been your only friends since College. You've really got nowhere else.

Right, right, paying your rent and getting every new 40k model as it releases AND purchasing new games for both PS4 and the X-BOne. You make more than enough, you're just so shirt at handling your money that you live in that shithole you call an apartment.

I don't know about evil (def. chaotic) but our DM (with our prior consent) introduced a fertility cult that worshiped the goddess of fertility by paying/forcing travelers to impregnate them or impregnating the travelers after forcing them to ingest a potion that instantly made them hyper fertile.
>we didn't manage to shut them down, but rather helped them form an actual church after three of our party members got pregnant.
>Including the male orc fighter after they gave him the wrong type of potion.

Raping travelers is evil, user. This shouldn't be something you're unsure about.

Putting pineapples on a pizza

Last time I loan you any of my games, ungrateful prick. Gotta go NOT PAY RENT now I guess, but just a friendly FYI I wouldn't hold your fucking breath about the 150. And yes I'm taking the fucking tower back.

And I'll set my mug wherever I fucking feel like.

I'll see you at the game and then in hell, fuckhead. You and your little dog too, Stephen.

Well I hate to slander the Old Germanic Pagans, but TBF they threw gay men in bogs so fuck 'em.

Apparently there was an old Germanic legend that any castle which had a live child sealed up and left to starve in it's walls would be impervious in combat. Seems like a nice theme for 'defiling' an ancient fortress-monastery or something.

You could also have something profoundly unnatural occur there. Like the creation of a Lich, or the Destruction of an Innocent Soul in a setting where souls are usually immortal.

I'd also check and see if your setting's supreme god (or gods) give you any ideas. For instance, I'm working on a setting right now where the 'supreme god' was primarily identified with Law, and has a weird 'created/uncreated' connection with the god of Time and Water. If I was going for an unnatural theme, I'd probably have them make a working Tessaract out of Water and magic. Which is actively fucking with the fabric of time and space.

You could also do something more abstract like isolating pure sorrow from the tears of orphans or some shit. Or creating a sigil out of a flayed angel that isn't allowed to die.

tl;dr, go Unnatural, Edgy, or sacrifice something that'll horrify folks in a way that is subtle enough it doesn't overwhelm the subtle horror.

Aight. See you then.

If someone screencaps this, I wouldn't mind perpetuating this. We could derail threads with The Worst Gaming Group RP.

We have:

Gary: Everyone is some sort of That Guy, but Gary is THAT GUY. Always has an excuse for everything.

Stephen: Law Firm, well to do, knows his way around money, GM, but a stingy prick who will hold $150 over someone's head.

Jeremy. Whiny, sycophant, may or may not be gay, but has definitely taken some Dick.

Also this guy:

Ron, who's done nothing wrong. Seriously, he's the well-adjusted average guy nobody hates, and the only reason he's still around is because it's the only group he can stand, also has it bad for Jackie.

Jackie: Token Girl, Doesn't put up with our Shit. Not so much SJW as she /k/an and will hurt you. Only with us because we actually have her a chance to play, and aren't Liberal pansies.

Jackie sounds like a bitch... which actually works rather well in this group. Mild interest.

How about going against the laws of nature and try to create half breeds of different animals, monsters, humans and half creatures?

I'm 80% sure Jackie is a lesbian.

Corporate board room meetings for the purposes of creating cartoon mascot bodies for their demonic overlords.

Nah, Jackie has definitely tried it... but hated the drama and emotional hang ups. She doesn't want to deal with anyone's whiny bullshit, least of all someone she's dating.

But yeah, this is pretty much how I pictured her, so...

>demons of greed, corruption and free market

....Hasbro?

Tainting holy objects with unwholesome rituals. Perhaps they have an evil relic that gives them this particular power and by pooling their magic with rituals they can turn a normally pure and wholesome object evil. The more holy the object, the more obscene and large the ritual. Could be a means by which to hook your players into a confrontation with the cult as a rash of increasing cult activity and vanishing holy relics/desecrated holy sites grows.

One campaign, the main religion was notPuritans; the whole plain white walls and hard benches routine.

Cultists would break in, paint religious murals themed to the faith, and add cushions to the benches.
Hell's Interior Designer's..

This isn't /b/ but THE DEVIL'S TRIPS HAVE SPOKEN

>Nah, Jackie has definitely tried it... but hated the drama and emotional hang ups. She doesn't want to deal with anyone's whiny bullshit, least of all someone she's dating.

So... She really is just a bitch. Why does Ron even like her then?

Rape or consensual sex with monstrous beings like undead or demons.
On that note the creation of undead and summoning of demons can work especially with unwilling subjects/sacrifices.

John is a complete beta who probably only got laid because his first Girlfriend was about 4 years older and had a domination/power fetish. Probably pussywhipped him, kept the relationship going for a year, then left him.

In other words, he's probably got a fetish for strong independent women.