Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Commorrites did nothing wrong edition

Old stale bread: >Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Not always current PDFs:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>As current as the FAQs get
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (the libraries of Commorragh are far more "interesting"):
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!3kwlBSjB!Rv0o2mLn8eCGWf6lgkCOJUa-mSjGAf9CymMnjkzIYLs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Black Legion

Let Cadia burn.

What are you up to today anons?
I'm just painting some more Guard and messing around with my bases trying to fix them a bit more.

We ded yet?

Nth for HAWKAMANIA

The last package of my Christmas shit came in so that I can finally start my first army. Now I just need to pick a legion to paint these fuckers as...

Who likes Termies, Raptors, and Bikes?

painting some 1ksons and the loyalest (as in most loyal) dark angel cypher

Trying to finish up a 5 man tactical squad.

I like termies, raptors and bikes

Night Lords maybe?

Very slowly basing and priming 30 noise marines and some havocs while waiting for my second order of warhammer to arrive.
God plz let me die making marble bases is killing my fingers

Sorry for shit picture, but i just recently moved and havent set up my lightbox yet.

Aw, they like you too.

Don't they suck? Or is everyone kinda on the same level and the ones who are slightly worse get massively shit on by WAACfag autists?

>shit picture

it's whatever, it's a wip bench shot, doesn't need to be great

Black Legion

Red Corsairs

thats a lot of sonic weapons! nice!

night lords are ok, their biggest flaw is they're not fearless

they're not really into terminators though

maybe deathguard? they're not huge on raptors though

you could always go black legion because why not, they could be anything

min max your guys to fuck, MoN termies, MoN bikes, MoK raptors

word bearers would fit too, because they love all the gods

That's two for Black Legion. I've always bought into the "Abbadon is a Horus clone" theory anyway.

I think Night lords would be okay with Terminators, in the sense that they can appear suddenly and murder people.

but terminators are really bad at murdering people in close combat, which is what night lords live to do

in 30k one of their special legion abilities is that all terminators squads can buy into deep strike so they certainly did have tactics for them in the heresy

True, but as my legion may suggest, i strive for perfection.

Thanks !
If only noise weapon preds were still a thing.

okay okay its fantasy but.....

is anyone familiar with the Maggoth Lord? I am planning on using that as a Great Unclean One, becuase the current GUO is hideous (not in the way a greater daemon of Nugle is supposed to be either), just a very poor model. The Maggoth Lord is slightly bigger but still fits on a 60mm base. I know I am at a bit of a disadvantage becuase it stands just a tad bit taller which means I will get shot at easier but i dont care. not a big tourney guy, just casual.

I run Death Guard and will be building allied Daemons of Nurgle. Seeing as how I havent bought the nurgle starter yet (kinda broke) I was curious if I ran this thing as a daemon prince, (again same base size and I am again at a slight disadvantage because it will be harder to hide) what wings should I use for now?

I was thinking possibly the manticore, but I am unsure just how big they are.

is anyone familiar with both the Maggoth Lord and the Manticore? Would the Manticores wings work for this guy?

that would fantastic

I've gotten the urge to give Necrons a shot. Is decurion still the way to go or has something else popped up while I wasn't paying attention?

I got like 30 of those NM arms in resin and metal and I'm dreading working on them. Looks like it might be tough painting them already attached to the bodies.

Why not use the Glottkin model instead?

Nothing else. Trazyn will be getting some shit in Fall of Cadia that is going to released in few weeks.

So I've seen a post in an earlier thread, that went something like this: "my friend has a Black Legion army, but wants to use Death Guard rules on them. Am I being a dick for not letting him do that?". To my surprise most of the replies went something like this: "if he's your friend you should let him, but overall I get ya". If I wanna use DG rules using my BL army should I be telling pick up opponents, that it's actually a homebrew warband "Dark Reapers", or some shit like that - DG successors, that joined BL? Or is it actually cool to detach color scheme and rules?

So anons is there any way to utilise the snow outside in my modeling?

you could heat it up and use it as water to thin your paints

I thought so too until i test painted one of them, and it wasnt nearly as bad as i thought. But that's just one case and i might regret it once i get to basecoating the entire lot.
Time will show i guess.

Anyone know if MoS raptors/WarpTalons are worth it with the new formation for them ? It sounds like alot of fun

Technically the black legion have entire cults in their fold. The one dedicated to Nurgle are the Bringers of Decay.
He can just add some gunk to the black and run them with Deathguard rules.

Yes.
>Take a cup
>Go outside
>Fill cup with fresh snow
>Go inside
>Wait few hours

Tadaa! Now you have free cup of water which you can use with paints to paint up models!

Heres a gift!

Book 2 of Primarchs!

Comes out on the 14th, but heres an advance copy!

Leman Russ: The Great Wolf

mega.nz/#!3kwlBSjB!Rv0o2mLn8eCGWf6lgkCOJUa-mSjGAf9CymMnjkzIYLs

So... Astra Militarum Bros

I.. I don't want to magnetize and more tanks.

I don't want to.

I'm one Leman Russ and 2 Chimeras in and I don't want to anymore....

Please

it's okay if you want to try out new rules
if you start using it permanently it's generally more frowned upon same as any "proxy" (though in this case it really isn't a proxy but it feels that way)

I never thought of that thanks guys

>your opponent unloads his casket of 200+ guardsmen
do you play him user?

What's so hard about magnetizing things?

>I'm one Leman Russ and 2 Chimeras in and I don't want to anymore
Thats enough to play Neophyte Cavalcade thou. Just say they are Catachans, those are sneaky gits.

Because that's even BIGGER than a Maggot Lord

>not that user btw

Yes, The movement phase will take a bit but itll be awesome when your army clashes his in melee combat

i drop 120 daemonettes on the table in response, you might have enough shots to stop me but if i'm alive by turn 3 you're fucked. literally and figuratively

>bothering to magnetize
I've never seen anyone give a shit. Just stick your bits on in your favorite configuration then explain clearly to your opponent what each machine does if it strays from the usual.

I have two edgelords at my disposal, and can't decide which I want to work on more.

Tell me TG, Night Lords or Dark Eldar?

>Night Lords not into Terminators

People always forget the Atramentar.

It's a ballache

Well don't tell anyone but that was the original plan (pic related) but I'm enjoying painting the tanks so much, I'm going Guard on the side

This may be the way forward

because I already own a Maggoth Lord and cant afford a Glotkin right now.

i want to use the Maggoth Lord I have for something cool

yeah but night lords would be WAY BETTER with tartar sauce terminators (prospero box) because they can sweeping advance

Furry pls go

wysiwyg fags get totally pissed off

>I don't want to magnetize

so don't, just buy more and more tanks, plastic glue all of them so they're indestructible bricks

So glad I brought Havoc launchers and am playing KdK.

But they didn't post Space Wolves...

>sweeping advance
>wipe out 50+ guardsmen with a single d6 roll

>Not putting Priests into your blobs for zealot.

It's a shame there are no rules for Tarts in 40k.

Also, I wish the NL gangbang rule was carried through the TL book. Imagine if NL got +1 Hit/Wound in melee for out numbering. THINK OF THE CULTISTS. Hell, even then, Termies and Raptors are bulky, so they count as 2 models.

I assault with my NL Raptor Talon and force a -5 fear test.

So all the Fall of Cadia rumors I've heard have pointed to SoB and BT getting new stuff. Has anyone heard anything about IG getting new models or formations? I feel like the Cadia splat should have something Cadian in it...

Just magnetize dozer in chimera. Multi laser is all around good.

Lemanruss weapons don't need magnets, they works without glue.

What's the problem ?

Is it fun fighting chimera vets with leman Russ support? Or is it more fun fighting blobs with artillery?

Or is fighting guard not very fun?

>It's a shame there are no rules for Tarts in 40k.

There is, it's in imperial armour and will be coming in an angels of death-like-book soon

i thought gw handwaved it and said they're literally 40k termies that can sweeping advance for the same point cost ?

yup

Only the Wrathful Crusade formation which is Black Templars and Cadians.

We know that AdMech is getting relics plus "Grand Convocation" which is either their decurion or a rework of the WarConvo and SoB are getting relics and an "Imperial Crusade" detachment which is shared by the Black Templars who apparently get no relics but we'll see.

This isnt a book for Cadians, your spotlight may come after.

ive never understood how winning combat works with large groups vs tiny groups. Does the space marines that lost 3 soldiers take a leadership test vs the nids squad that lost 8 units?

>I feel like the Cadia splat should have something Cadian in it...

You lost it or something, son? Fall of Cadia means BT, SoB, and Admech all day every day. Not sure what gave you any other idea..

>My Slaaneshi Heralds can force opponent's models to accept my challenges

What Priest?

Let my Russes inspire you fellow Guard user. We could always need a few more good lads like you holding the line.

more kills = you win

if a squad of two units fights against a squad of twenty units and the squad of two loses one unit while the squad of twenty loses two units then the squad of twenty lsot the combat

>he didn't put the front of the Demolisher barrels on
Is this some kind of meme? Why do I keep seeing people who don't do this?

Slaanesh gets such cool toys, but I wish it had some less taxing formations, and a daemonkin type army.

that makes no sense

In addition to me enjoying the weathering your army looked such a blast that it made me decide to go Guard on the side

Welcome to 40k.

at least cavalcade gives you all the seekers and chariots you could ever want. that extra d6 hammer of wrath is delicious

You literally just count the number of unsaved Wounds inflicted on each side.

The side that suffered more loses. They get a -1 to their Morale test for each Wound they lost by.

If the losing side is Fearless, usually in the case of Tyranids, then nothing happens.

but they lost more guys

Just started DE was wondering if I should go blaster or shredder on my first unit of kabalites. All discussions I see are dated as fuck.

Not that guy, but that just made me consider something. If I recall, Feel No Pain doesn't count as a save, which is why stuff like Helfrost can get around it.

Does that mean that if you say, took 5 wounds but FnP blocked them all, while only inflicting 2 or 3, that you could still lose combat?

No, if Feel No Pain discounts a Wound it is not suffered for purposes of things like Helfrost or calculating combat. It's in the FAQ.

GGA here thanks user. And post some of your army too here the 40k gen needs more game pics and more bloody tanks.

>If I recall, Feel No Pain doesn't count as a save, which is why stuff like Helfrost can get around it.
They FAQ'd that. It counts as saved wound now in all cases.

I want to get into WH40k - Where do I find rules? Just, in general. The Start Collecting pack that I want to get apparently has a rulebook, but I want to start learning before i get it so I can ask questions when I buy it - but I don't want to buy any books yet in case they turn out to be the wrong thing.

No. If you pass the FNP the wound never happened.

Blaster. Dark Eldar get all the anti-infantry shooting they need from massed splinter weapons, but they really need every anti-tank shot they can find.

Should be a download for it up top

Awesome thanks man!

Start Collecting kits do not come with a rulebook.

There are a number of boxed sets that feature two armies which come with a miniature paperback version of the rulebook, however - Shield of Baal: Deathstorm, Dark Vengeance, Kill Team, and so forth. Some of them are harder to find than others.

But percentage wise one lost half its squad while the other lost a tenth of its squad so why the hell should the squad losing half its fighting power not be the one that routes

Because elites are better than hordes.

Because that's an incredibly extreme example and in most cases if one side has only two models it's probably Fearless elite soldiers who aren't going to ever rout period.

blaster, also clean the mold line on that helmet front and center

The "Fall of Cadia" event is going to take more than one book. This is just the first.

Because if those 20 guys only managed to kill one of the two guys in front of them and some of them got killed in the process, they're clearly outmatched, even if they'll eventually grind through it with sheer numbers.

I need to fix the stands for a few of my Harlequin vehicles. After that, I'm going to have to start finishing up my GK.

"The Black Crusade"-event is going to take multiple books. Fall of Cadia is just one of them.

I almost thought that was supposed to be there. Super new to this how to I clean it without scuffing it all to shit?

Are there any assault vehicles for the Guard that isn't the stormlord?

Still no leaks?