Malifaux General

Let Me In Edition

Malifaux (Including Ripples of Fate): mega.nz/#F!cg00BCoD!mDHocpgWP_hkkM3CpCBwrQ

Through the Breach (Complete): mega.nz/#F!Z9sVSYTS!U2J243KhVsUuOqAnsqTj4A

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models
Book 4 - Entirely new models

Discord voice chat for malifaux chat and memery: discord.gg/xWkuFRz

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 32mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives

New Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules: themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/114900-gaining-grounds-2016/

Link to Kickstarter:
kickstarter.com/projects/1334239018/the-other-side-9

When do you take yasonori over the emissary with shenlong, and vice versa?

Has Leviticus been up to anything lately? I really need to get around to reading all these books and magazines because I have no idea what the burning man is or why the emissaries are important.

See pic related. The Burning Man is going to get a lot of expose in The Other Side, and the new TTB adventure they are putting out next month.

He's busy melting.

how the hell does that curse work? is his soul rotting away? i'm getting a dark souls vibe

So what is the Burning Man? Haven't kept up closely since 2nd edition dropped, just bits and pieces I have read.

Is the burning man the guy that got tossed through the Breach with "ours" branded on him?

I'm still working through 1e lore

He is supposed to be The Governor General after his attempts to become a tyrant were sabotaged, and is probably fused with Cherufe as well. Zoraida tried to use him to patch up the aether but that backfired and he became Jack Daw 2.0, and was thrown out of Malifaux. He is now just burning down various cities on Earth.

One of the main factions for The Other Side is a cult dedicated to him.

That's what I thought. The Cult looks awesome.

>We're hoping to push things even further than the initial goal, with a big launch and a lot of available units. To this end, we have managed to lock down some additional funding. By canceling a few other (so far unannounced) projects, we are able to put more funding into The Other Side. We believe very strongly in this game, and we want backers to be able to play it the way we envision it. Some trimming here and there, and we are able to do even more for this Kickstarter.
>Additional trimming

I feel kind of bad for them. They have redone the stretch goals twice at this point. I guess they just didn't realize that the demand wasn't where they wanted it to be. Many, myself included, just don't see the Kickstarter offering very much at the price they are asking.

I think KS has spoiled too many. I'm glad they didn't fall into the trap of other projects and offer too much for too little. I think they hit a comfortable spot right and shouldn't push it. Obviously they were betting on the KS to cover the whole cost for TOS launch, but still, they got a nice chunk and it let's them make a more complete launch.

Honestly, it's not the KS fault. The pricepoint of the models MSRP based on the KS discount will be just uncomfortably high, and the game looks very simplistic. So you're playing malifaux, but without the tactical nuance, but with more models that are also far more expensive. I doubt the game will ever gain real traction if they dont lower the entry point.

>the game looks very simplistic
That is really it for me. I am fine paying oodles for models. I am signed up for Kingdom Death of all things. But the videos so far make it just look like Malifaux lite.

And as you pointed out the entry cost is high, higher than any other big game on the market. There is not much guarantee that people will actually be playing the game a year on from release.

Is this a valid set of actions?

> Bushwhacker1 shoots, misses
> Bushwhacker2 uses Boost of Confidence
> Bushwhacker2 misses as well
> Bushwhacker1 activates his Boost of Confidence

Other thread 404'd
Just picked up a Misake crew box and I'm totally new to TTs. What are some must buys for making her work?

Nothing seems to prohibit that.

Yas for a suicide run to trade for something more important, Emissary more for flexibility.

Sensei Yu, Emissary, Yamaziko, 10T Bros, Effigy, Snipers, Jorogumo

And I almost forgot Lust.

Don't discredit the appeal of simplicity. It looks like the aim for TOS is for a different crowd than Malifaux. If the models were pre-painted, I'd say they were going for the X-wing crowd.

>But the videos so far make it just look like Malifaux lite.
I has to be Malifaux lite.
Malifaux is too complicated to teach meaningfully in a pick-up/demo game.

>the entry cost is high, higher than any other big game on the market.

I think this is what's killing it for the most part.
Malifaux players aren't paying more money for less versatile models for a simplistic game.
Non-Malifaux players aren't paying GW prices for non-GW games.

The way it's written makes it sound like three Bushwhackers could daisy-chain around ad infinitum.
Or for 9 consecutive (missed) shots until they're all dead, anyway.
Am I forgetting about some clause in the main rules that prevents this?

I got a foil kaeris card in my Black Friday order awhile back. What's the deal with these? Do you just get them in random orders? I thought you got them form certain tournaments or something? And do they have them for all current masters (excluding wave four masters most likely)?

They're random, they give them out in tourney kits or black friday, all but wave 4 masters but they do have emissaries.

The foils go for like $45+ on ebay and facebook trade groups. For the life of me I don't know why though...

People like shiny things. Same reason MtG foils cost more than the regular card.

Thats interesting. I received an alt template Lilith with my order. Not even interested in Neverborn though.
Alternate art is the way to go, limiting material that directly impacts gameplay is detrimental.

How does it impact gameplay?

Same question but for Outcasts.

I wondered why I got an alt Kirai card. Suits me since she was what brought me into the game.

Oh I didn't know they had emissary cards. That's cool. Now I just need to find a shenlong card.

I think he's saying that because these don't effect gameplay then they're fine. If it was something that did impact gameplay and they made it hard to get then it would be bad.

What's a good malifaux trade group?

Outcast is usually better running Disguised Misaki and focusing on harassing and being annoying. Librarians, Trappers, Sue, Johan, Emissary, Ronin.

>The way it's written makes it sound like three Bushwhackers could daisy-chain around ad infinitum.
>Or for 9 consecutive (missed) shots until they're all dead, anyway.
>Am I forgetting about some clause in the main rules that prevents this?

Only one model may benefit from this ability per failed attack.

Also it only works off of missed shots.

Any recommendations for a general TT McCabe list? Have 21 points unallocated.

Luna, 2 Hounds, Austringer/Warden, Wastrel, Terracotta, Izamu/Yasunori, Emissary, Glowing Saber/Badge/Promises on McCabe

I meant that the second Bushwhacker to shoot (using Bolster) could miss, a failed attack, allowing a third Bushwhacker to take a shot.