theonyxpath.com/the-long-solo-vampire-the-requiem/
sendspace.com/file/8hwdwf
www18.zippyshare.com/v/aml96KdG/file.html
sendspace.com/file/ix0730
(Thanks anons)
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/peering-forward-along-the-onyx-path-2017-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question
Are there any historical people that are featured in your games? or act as inspiration?

IGNORE ASPEL

Other urls found in this thread:

uploadmb.com/dw.php?id=1483656686
youtu.be/SlKao_Pox5A
youtube.com/watch?v=Q5UG7ISJfP0
youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg
youtube.com/watch?v=ZTidn2dBYbY
freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~poindexterfamily/OldNames.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I once made Spinoza into a Golgonda guru

How can I play WtA without being a massive furfaggot?

Any way to play a similarly-powered human without having to make a Hunter or Mage?

Does having NPCs with historical names as Shadow Names count?

>WtA
Is that oWoD or nWoD?

Play a changeling and ask someone else to play a Fianna. If you just want to be a human, not even kin, then pray for your ST to give you more freebie points.

Forsaken is the nWoD version of werewolf.

Apocalypse is oWoD no? I'm new to this whole thing

>fairy
I don't really want to be tinkerbell either, maybe I'll ask to build a hunter after all

>oWoD
Then you really don't.

Alright I'll just play bob mcguy, human with a gun

but then you're playing with vampires' courage conscience and self-control.

omg I just realized how edgylord having self-control as a stat was/is.

No stay back! I just might lose me lose my lose my
SELFCONTROL

[Insert techno breakdown here]

I think having historical characters in your historical settings is gauche.

>not being a furry
>not playing Mummy for the animal heads

uploadmb.com/dw.php?id=1483656686

>playing Mummy for the animal heads and not the ability to trap a man in your Tomb of Unknowing Terror and Unremitting Horror

Why would you even

Why would you want a mortal in your Tomb? That's for you and you alone. They're gonna get mortal cooties on your sweet frescoes.

Because sometimes you must punish a cultist of yours for comitting vile treachery.

So you're going to drag them off into your magic realm?

I don't see how else I can crush them with a rock and feed their body to birds.

>Is that oWoD or nWoD?

WtA stands for "Werewolf: The Apocalypse", which is part of the "old" World of Darkness.

That said, nowadays we usually don't use the terms "old World of Darkness" or "new World of Darkness" anymore, due to the fact that the newer setting got renamed into "Chronicles of Darkness", to help differentiate the two settings better.

So, now it's just "World of Darkness", and "Chronicles of Darkness".

>How can I play WtA without being a massive furfaggot?

Play as a regular human, or as a member of the Kinfolk. There's even a new book that just came out for Werewolf the Apocalypse 20th Anniversary edition on how to play a kinfolk character.

You'll get access to some of the Werewolves' gifts (if you're a good boy who suck their dick whenever they ask you to), or you can play as a Skin Dancer; a Kinfolk who got fed up being the bitch of the pack and decided to literally skin fuive werewolves and gain their shapeshifting powers in the process through a foul ritual (or the skins were given freely for REASONS if you want to play a real goody-two-shoes).

Just play a werewolf without being a massive furfaggot. Simple. Or is the problem that you are actually a furfag, so you can't not be a massive furfag?

>How can I play WtA without being a massive furfaggot?

Just stick to the Litany. It literally says that Garou are not to fuck other Garou and that the by-blows of such things are a shame on your fucking tribe.

For those that missed last thread:

Aspel was a massive faggot
>but but muh high Humanity cruac casting vampire wiccan

reminder that if anyone else complains about something they dislike, he calls them "whiny".

This is why, if you find yourself arguing with a collosal fucking faggot who pulls out semantics and nitpicking, you've found Aspel.

>Bringing old drama into a new thread
kys desu senpai

>abloobloobloo nobody likes me
Cry more, Aspel. People have a right to know how big a loser you really are ya fat tranny bastard

People need to know why
>IGNORE FAGGOT
should be and more often that not is at the top of the thread

In Mage 2e, if a mage proficient in Prime casts Platonic Exemplar to create a platonic wooden stake, would it be capable of staking a vampire as a normal wooden stake (or possibly better or worse) ?

With prime you can 'only' pull the ideal example of a tool into reality not create a mundane form. So your stake could be an amazing +5 stake with 8 again. But it wouldn't be a wooden one you'd need Matter for that.

However this is where it get's tricky. Matter mages can perfect objects and materials. Perfected items when used as a bane don't behave better than their mundane equivalent except for the fact that they ignore conditionals. So perfected iron acts like cold iron, perfected light is like sunlight, etc.

So the question is can platonic constructs be perfected or are they already considered as being perfected. I'd say no otherwise there'd be no point to awakened alchemy.

What part of
>IGNORE ASPEL
don't you understand?

If a mage congealed ambient mana into a wooden stake with Prime, I would think it would be considered real wood just like "normal' wood infused with mana to create tass would still be considered a wooden spike that just happens to full of mana.

Also, I don't see why Prime should be able to perfect things, particularly platonic objects. I would imagine it would require little more than a +1 Reach effect to Platonic Exemplar.

I realized there isn't anything stopping a Werewolf from creating a prefect material because you could technically create them by constantly carrying the object into the Shadow and back. Same with Sin-Eaters and Changelings with that Contract that lets them enter Twilight. Demons could probably do it to somehow.

Doesn't Tears of Aspel sound like a good name for a Cruac or Theban Sorcery Ritual?

I could also see it as a BSD ritual as well.
Okay, so I read Mummy, I've ran Wraith, I've ran both Mages, I've run Unknown Armies, I don't know how the hell i'm supposed to run Mummy, it just seems like a game made out of still life photos, trying to tell a tale through momentary gasps of breath.

You realize a Descent is over a year long at minimum, right?

My understanding of
>IGNORE STUPID FAT TRANNY BASTARD
....is to discard out of hand any argument he may have, not attempt to reason or negotiate and not give his arguments the time of the day. This does not mean I can't abuse the ugly fat bastard.

Or a Mage artifact: a philter that transforms the user into pic related.

>making such a big deal about a user you dislike that you shitpost about how much you hate them instead of just contributing to the thread or no posting at all

You're doing just as much damage to the thread or more as the person you take issue with.

This. IGNORE ASPEL doesn't just mean not responding to his posts and dismissing his arguments out of hand, it also means not bringing any attention to things he has done previously or even acknowledging his existence beyond saying IGNORE ASPEL. To do otherwise shits up the thread and brings unnecessary attention to Aspel.

So there's the WoD book, the updated rules, then there is also the vampire book, do I need to read all three? Are the quick start rules a good place to start?

>I could also see it as a BSD ritual as well.

"BSD" ?

I don't terribly mind Aspel; either engage with them or don't. But when a decent chunk of the posts are people saying REMINDER TO IGNORE ASPEL or bizarre shitposts about wanting to sexually assault them... you're distracting from the thread so much more than a contentious user does.

Exactly. Leave it in the OP and be done with it.

Black Spiral Dancer. From old Werewolf.

A valid point.

Personally I prefer matter over prime for creating items. Much more mana efficient.

Or stop bringing up grudges with other posters period?

Indeed. I imagine more alchemy focused cabals spend time foraging twilight for valuable material that may have been accidentally perfected.

Maybe you faggots shouldn't ask questions if you can't handle answers? Or is answering questions "shitposting" in your Twilight Zone?

What answers? Someone just started bitching about Aspel because they needed to jerk off.

>What answers?
>People need to know why
>>IGNORE FAGGOT
>should be and more often that not is at the top of the thread

Explain to me your pseudo-mystical process for simultaneously identifying Aspel and instructing newbies on who he is, why he should be ignored and how you do that with two words in OP.

I'm waiting.

It wouldn't surprise me if there were Werewolf Lodges and Changeling Entitlements based around creating perfect materials.

I don't think they need to be ignored. I think they might consider wearing a trip like I do, speaking as a former thread bogeyman myself.

The problem, atamajakki, is that Aspel is proud of being a namefag and NOT using a tripcode. Aspel has stated on multiple occasions that if he were to use a tripcode, we could ignore him, and this idea displeases him. Aspel wants to revel in psuedo-anonymity, hiding behind Anonymous to prevent censure, yet openly yelling that he is Aspel given the flimsiest pretext. He wants it both ways. Expecting him to be responsible isn't working.

The only answer is open abuse. If we make the fat bastard hate this thread enough, he'll turn off the computer and climb out of his parent's basement, and we won't get him in this thread 18 hours a day.

No one asked a question. jfc quit shitting up the thread.
We should ignore you.

Or, y'know, ignore someone like an adult.

It's bad enough that I have to read their posting, the last thing I need is people derailing the thread to talk about their posting when they're not even here so I have to think about their posting.

Newsflash: they don't put a trip on because they fear being ignored more than being abused. If you're going to ignore someone, actually ignore them. Don't bring them up in a thread where they haven't even fucking posted yet.

When will you people learn the secret to dealing with people on Veeky Forums: youtu.be/SlKao_Pox5A

I used a tripcode for damned near six years, and any and every thread had people coming out of the woodwork--people who hadn't even read the thread--to tell me that user-e-mouse is lejun and I must be new here for being a tripfag. Why would I want to get that headache just so that you can ignore me? I don't even know who has me on ignore, so I'd be correcting something stupid you said and I wouldn't know you couldn't see it. Why would I make life easier for you if you won't make life easier for me?
Maybe if I make you hate the thread enough, you'll give up and go somewhere else. Maybe you should take a trip, so that we can filter you? It's only fair. Maybe we should all have trips.

Nevermind that I hadn't even posted in the thread, but you're still so fucking butthurt over me that you needed to shit up the thread. That's not me. That's you. You did that. You are the problem. You're not ignoring me, you're doing the exact opposite. You're kicking the hornet's nest and taking a dump on the thread because you have a grudge. You're being the thing you bitch about me. Maybe we should give you a name. Then we'll call you out using that name.

>IGNORE WORLD'S BIGGEST LOSER

>abloobloobloo why don't they like me mummy

Moving right along....

What the fuck is up with Onyx Path's schedule? How many people are actually working in editing? It seems like stuff gets delayed for years before it actually gets released.

There's two modes to Mummy's play, from my experience:

1. Planescape: Torment: The RPG - Using unlikely allies and your immense power, you uncover the secrets behind your stolen past and origins, with the potential of overcoming it entirely, interspersed with quests to retrieve Vessels. This mode is best with one-on-one play, or troupe play (one or two dedicated Arisen characters that the whole group can play, with more dedicated beefed up Mortals and Sadikhs characters)

2. Full Horror Pulp - Get those Vessels back and flaunt your power and prestige through two-fisted tales of terror! Punch an Ahmkat so hard that it explodes! Raid a Last Dynasty outpost! Confront the screaming Decieved before he summons horrible Angels from some kind of horrible hell dimension! Form a chorus and destroy a city with a shower of meteors! This mode is best done with a group of dedicated Arisen characters, especially if they've all got friendly rivalries with each other.

If you really know what you're doing, fuse the two modes together and you're going to get an experience unlike anything else in CofD.

A is illogical. do not talk to him you will not get a fruitful conversation. Self identifying in the face of increasing amount of hostility is retarded. As he feels he is on a one man crusade by posting on this thread instead of ACTUALLY doing anything that prompts his supposed causes.

user is user. Until user decides not to be. then he is left to his own history and not under the Anonymity of user. And therefore must live with his own cred. And whoa be the man who has such bad cred

A brought it upon himself

You're forgetting Shittons of Flashbacks And How Linear Is Time Anyway mode.

I think there's three or so editors, one for each major current product line. There's also the part of the schedule where the developer has to do post-editing development, and maybe it's just me but that always feels like the longest part.

Shit, you're totally right, my bad.

Can we have him stick it in a blender? then do the truffle shuffle?

youtube.com/watch?v=Q5UG7ISJfP0

So, I'm actually pretty excited for The Prince's Gambit. I wonder when they'll do the Kickstarter for it.

Any good death based legacies for a mastigos? Playing a mastigos with a focus on souls and how they interact with the mind. He's a therapist who wants to learn how to better help those suffering from mental illness.

I know Aspel's type. They're the kind of person who will take as much abuse as you can dish out and still never, ever leave. If you don't like them you should ignore them, otherwise you're just contributing to the shitposting problem.

I dunno, his posts are getting increasingly butthurt. Lazlo placed "belonging" directly in the center of his heirachy of needs. If Aspel is denied the ability to belong, he will never achieve self-actualization here, and will instinctively go to a nice padded echo-chamber.

Besides, the boys need a punching bag.

Okay, so Mages see Caerns as Nodes, and try to drain Quintessence from them (which may get their asses kicked).

So how do the Fera see Nodes? Are they an artificial Caern? How do they explain a nexus of Gnosis inside a building?

Where do you think an awakened former detective would end up hanging his hat, the Mysterium or the AA? I know the AA are all about that fighting but you'd think they'd have some kind of investigation unit or something.

What happens if during embrace two vampires from different clans drop equal amount of blood to the mouth of the one being embraced?

>not proposing the Guardians as an option

shameful

Wow..I didnt actually think of them. They're an option as well.

There's ample niches and interests for a former police detective in any of the Orders.

In fact, "police detective" is barely descriptive. Flesh out the PC's history and background more, and then think about Orders. For instance, if he was stymied by politics or the wealthy in his pursuit of justice, he might gravitate toward the Silver Ladder as a means of balancing the scales. If he felt like the system was rigged and he sympathized with the crime-ridden communities, the Free Council or AA might be more appropriate.

Alcoholics Anonymous will take anyone as long as they are willing to admit they are powerless in the face of their own addiction.

Probably a new bloodline.

In the fluff there are plenty of examples where experimentation with multiple types of Vitae produced new and exotic bloodlines. In the Dark Ages, Gargoyles were created from Nosferatu and Gangrel exposed to Tzimisce vitae and Thaumaturgy. The Daughters of Cacophony are somewhere between Toreador and Malkavian, with neither clan seeming to have a clue where they came from. The original write-up for Kiasyd in 2nd Ed V:tM involved Lasombra being infused with some kind of fae blood.

What I want to know is, what happens if you embrace someone using the Vaulderie? That would be multiple types of Vitae, not just two. Would you end up with a crazy Caitiff, or something entirely new?

He should be Free Council if he was a loose cannon cop who didn't play by the rules.

But who would play the role of the angry chief with the mayor perpetually up his ass over how much collateral damage the loose cannon cop causes?

Just let the Hierarch be the chief and the mayor. They're usually up their own asses anyway.

>Damn it McGarnagle that Electrogmatic Pulse spell knocked out an entire city block! You're off the case!
>You're off your case Hierarch!

I'd say roll Blood Potency to see who wins the Childe. If the prospective vamp is a PC, have the player choose

Electromagnetic*

>Who the fuck is this?
>This is your new partner.
>I told you, Chief.... I work alone.

>You gotta tell 'em what you saw Billy. Do it for me..McGarnagle
>Okay, for you..McGarnagle
>Well McGarnagle, Billy is dead! The Seers slit his throat from ear to ear

(A massive Paradox backlash turns Central Park into Jurassic Park)
>GODDAMNIT MCGARNAGLE, I WANT YOUR FOCI AND YOUR GRIMOIRE ON MY DESK BY NINE AM TOMORROW MORNING
>Bring your desk down here, Chief, you can have them right now.

youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

youtube.com/watch?v=ZTidn2dBYbY

Did anyone update any bloodline disciplines to second edition?

>Prince Mendoza is one of the most respected vampires in this state, and you staked three of his bodyguards and drove his limo off a cliff?!
>But Hierarch, I have proof that he's been kidnapping people for his blood farm!
>I don't wanna hear it, McBain, you're outta here!
>thunderbolts the hierarch out the window
>That makes two of us.

>I can't avenge my cabalmate's death with this subtle magic
>I dont wanna hear it McBain, that vulgar bullshit of yours is against regulations! In this caucus we go by the book
>firebolts the book through a wall
>bye book

(McGarnagle kicks an Exarch out of a low flying plane, sending him hurtling down to smash into a car in Manhattan)

>Last Exarch... to Brooklyn

>McGarnagle and McBain
>Two Free Council mages who are sick of the rule and are going to see justice served,
>No
>Matter
>What

I'd watch it.

freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~poindexterfamily/OldNames.html

List of English names, 1840's - 1890's.

>ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
>I'VE HAD IT WITH THESE MOTHERFUCKING IMPS ON THIS MOTHERFUCKING PLANE
>NOW EVERYBODY STRAP IN
>I'm about to blast open some windows

There's also:
3. Dungeon Keeper Mode: You lead and expand your cults, through politics, money, brute force and Power Cosmic. You use ghost and zombie minions, cursed Relics and whatever oddities you gain control over. It might involve guiding an international conglomerate or being a creepy spiritual adviser to a single family. Shape the world to your ends and deal with the fallout.

Most of these are Left-handed:
Nagaraja are ascetic Reapers later absorbed by the Tremere.
(Legion) suffer from identity meltdown and steal souls and identities of others.
Alienists don't have a write-up. They were just mentioned. They do exactly what you want, but are Reapers.

Tamers of the Cave are Right-handed. They are martyrs in training. Compassionate, but the overlap with what you want is small.

At this point you should pick a different Legacy, or cook up your own.

So I had this fun little trick to creating a Vampire character that's served me well in my last two games.

> Create a Human with 0 XP
> Figure out their backstory and stat them based on that
> Hand it to the ST
> They look at your character and figure out who would be most likely to have embraced them and why.

I think it's a really great way to start off with a stronger connection to the city, as well as add a small element of surprise to the experience. Would you guys ever try it? Would it work with any other supernatural types?

>Would you guys ever try it?
Yeah, sounds more immersive.

If I really trusted my ST, which I do, I'd give it a shot. Honestly it sounds perfect for Changeling, at least in terms of Kith.

It could be nice, provided the storyteller isn't a dick and forces a social character to be a Nosferatu or the weak-ass bookworm to be a Gangrel.

It's a really good idea. Character concept should be figured out before Clan or Bloodline gets layered on top. That way you don't get "a typical XXX"