EDH/Commander general

Slower Than A Top Deck Warp World Into Scrambleverse In Melek Chaos Edition

Previous: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

Thread Topic:
What are some archtypes you wish you could see more of in your meta?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/breyas-etherium-combo-emporium/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/05-01-17-sliver-lining/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i don't even want to imagine the situation in the edition name trying to resolve.

First for phyrexian waifus.

Third for I want to fuck a robot zombie wife

She is a big girl

>Top Deck Warp World Into Scrambleverse In Melek Chaos Edition
Shit like this is why I'm working on a blue deck.

Still doesn't change the fact that I'd hit it with the unmatched ferocity of the Omnisiah.

Where is that comic from?

>What are some archetypes you wish you could see more of in your meta?

I don't think we're actually missing any archetypes in my meta. One of our players always has a new deck to play so we always get something a little different each time we play. It is usually always a combo deck, but the combos are at least new and unique when playing. As a group, most of us focus on one player who is usually never a threat (this might be because he's ganged up on all the time). I would actually like to see him win a game at some point.

I usually only play aggro, but I am working on a Breya combo deck since 1) I've never played combo 2) I'm being unoriginal about what combos to use and 3) she's new! However, I am looking for recommendations for the deck since I don't think I have the kinks worked out yet. Any advice would be appreciated.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/breyas-etherium-combo-emporium/

Is there something like perfect fits with a little design on them? I wanna do a little something for the cards in my deck that I can't foil out

>What are some archtypes you wish you could see more of in your meta?
There my meta is literally only control. Everyone runs counterspells.dek, everyone has brutal black hand control tech, it's just vicious trying to play anything that isn't specifically geared to fuck those kind of decks.

>What are some archtypes you wish you could see more of in your meta?
Not an archetype per se, but more counterspells. I think there's a grand total of two decks at my shop that run more than a handful, which means chaos, grouphug, and stax players have pretty much free reign to fuck up a table.

she is pretty hot though

WHY WAS THE RED LEGEND NOT REVEALED WIZARDS
WHAT THE FUG
ARE YOU REALLY GOING TO SAVE THAT ONE FOR THE LIST DUMP

theres some thing more simple about building a commander deck.

i almost find it harder to contemplate how to build a 60 deck

its because there's no concern about ratios primarily i believe.

I want to build Derevi a non faggot deck it is taking all month

when red and black are what I'm not playing

EDH has more margin for error because of the singleton nature and the larger deck size (one land too many/few won't lose you nearly as many games and a a wrong card is 1% of the deck while a wrong playset is 6.667%). You also have a relatively stable card pool and meta, which is not the case with the sanctioned 60 card formats.

my friend runs derevi as bird tribal. The powerlevels balance out p. well.

Is feel like i need a new deck, what should i play if wanna play suicide?

How is Aerie Worshippers? Besides being completely fucking misspelled

inb4 its Chandras papa's solo card.

>they know it's bad
>so they don't want to actually spoil it
>they're hoping to just quietly release it to avoid backlash

Huh wasn't aware there's a comic outside of Dack Fayden one
You got Pia Nalaar last set friend :^)

he doesn't run it but it looks p. garbo

for you

I have never really dabbled into the artifact side of EDH.
What would go in a deck that lets this card work well?
>Lifeline
>Scarecrone

Really want to try running Isamaru Voltron with a handful of pillowfort cards like Ghostly Prison, Norn's Annex and Sphere of Safety to keep people off me. Any ideas of other good shit to throw in? Not necessarily looking to make this competitive (not that I probably COULD with Isamaru), just something kinda stupid and fun to play.

tons of low drop equipment and ways to cheat the equip costs.

replace dog with dwarf.

on the real though you're gonna need swiftfoot boots and as many things as you can get like it

Should I show this off in my commander deck and THEN sell it or just sell it?

I certainly plan on having a good mix of nice equipment, I'm just trying to think of other good control-type shit and protective enchantments to also throw in.

These will only get more expensive as the years go by. They are a very limited run.

t wotc shill

Aura of Silence? Humility? Lightmine Fields? Boardwipes if you can make your commander indestructible?

(Humility + Crovax, Ascendant Hero can be fun)

Control them with some soft stax or full on Orb Kit + Stasis.

Soft Stax (idk what the actual term for this stuff is) like Authority of the Consuls, Blind Obedience and Kismet.

Thalia, Heretic Cathar, Windborn Muse, Silent Arbiter, and Magus of the Tabernacle.

Sun Titan is usually good.

>accidentally a sphinx of the steel wind
>most of it sort of

thanks m8

>breed lethality is $60 online
>atraxa is $20

will they reprint the 2016 precons?

As long as your deck is sleeved then go for it.

It's 40 at Walmart, probably your best bet.

>you own that
God bless you, my son.

First for chosen people super secret tech

balanced because it has no first strike imo

Colorless Voltron... Thopter deck?

Can he/she/whatfuckingever make a good mono black voltron commander?

wow it's fucking boring great thanks wizards epic legendaries this set

Tbh could be pretty sweet if built right.

Yes of course it's good in the 99, but if built right can be sold. Think equipment based aristocrats.

Once again red gets the worst card of the cycle. Where's the surprise?

Alright fellas, all the legends are out of the box now, let's rate them.

1. Baral, Chief of Compliance
2. Sram, Senior Edificer
3. Yahenni, Undying Partisan
4. Kari Zev, Skyship Raider
5. Hope of Ghirapur
6. Rishkar, Peema Renegade

I was strongly considering making a Faries and Thrulls token deck with it at the helm.
I think it would be pretty decent, though I wish it had lifelike rather than haste.

That's shitty. Do love the money though

its a cute card i guess but so uninspiring and boring unless you wanna waifupick

*monkey

Switch green and red and its a home run

Well to be fair it's probably going to be good enough for an Aggro deck in standard if there's something coming up. 3 power over 2 creatures which requires 3 blocker, and partially have first strike is pretty good.

this isnt standard general though so i dont care about how good it is in standard, it's clearly good there or atleast has potential

To be fair, I just grew so tired of green that it's nearly impossible for me to get excited about it.

Plus, I think his ability is pretty damn boring. ''I can turn things in Elvish Mystics!'' doesn't do anything for me, while an aggro commander who spawns a Monkey have more charm to it, at the very least.

My 12 year old nephew wants to get into Commander, what deck should I get him?

2 mana
>3/3
>first strike
>menace
>creature creation trigger.
>2 drop

How is that a good or inspiring commander?

There's no ''Go-too-deck''. You gotta know what he likes about magic, what he likes to play. Then, we can come up with something.

He likes playing aggressively. Most of his decks are red.

5 color chaos counterspell.

Saskia would be the obious choice.

Purphoros would probably be a good choice. It's cheap to build, easy to pilot, and really effective.

Oh boy,

Let the autism of deck building begin.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/05-01-17-sliver-lining/

Anyone get some good plays in recently?

>Went to a nearby shop for the first time last night, the LGS owner told me ahead of time it would be small. No buy-in at least.
>Got there and for the first game it was just a three-player pod.
>The two guys I met were playing a half decent Omnath Deck and Kaseto, Orochi Archmage Tribal Snakes. I decided to try out my Lazav since I recently overhauled it.
>Omnath is ramping pretty well and gets a turn 6 Vorinclex while Lazav is still on the field and before the start of turn 7 I Stunt Double(d) it then hit it with a Hero's Downfall and had Lazav become a copy as well.
>Manage to keep both till my next turn using my Pact of Negation.
>Mind Grind for 8 with Duskmantle Guildmage's first ability active.

I only stayed for two games but I think next time I will try and bring a weaker deck because even Hanna Superfriends crushed them. (Although that was a 4 player game with a U/W Sygg tribal Murloc joined in)

Cut the Coat of Arms, put Door of Destinies instead.

Or keep it and put Doors too. but Door have less chance to backfire when you realize your opponent plays a Grave Titan and fuck you up.

Seconded. Throw in a Krenko and a Kazuul and he'd have a few different legendaries to play around with that still work together.

Not only that, but he can play a powered-down version of the deck depending on which commander is at the helm if his meta isn't strong enough to deal with Purphoros.

wew

hyped for more pirates for my ramirez deck

girl and monkey is nice

>alesha

He could be a decent commander. He's one of the few creatures in black that has easy access to indestructible.
I was hoping for something flashy. Seems to me that she was made with standard in mind. I find it interesting that she has menace with first strike.

I think Yaheeni is going to be a pretty good commander. You can play her as a finisher in a black control deck that will allow you to easily finish the game. I might try her instead of Erebos in mine, though I doubt I run enough creature in it to make her worthwile.

I don't even want to post about how much I like Alesha

Mono-red voltron? Or is Godo still better

Post Em?

Pure Voltron? Godo is better

maybe an hybrid of going wide and tall, with ETBs like Impact Tremors, Phurphoros, this kind of things, and Extra-combat steps.

Sounds really bad

That Atraxa one sounds like mine, but if he's trying to do infect with your idiotic 20 infect houserule, he should really stop and focus on a straight counters Atraxa deck instead, he's gimping himself horribly by holding to infect when playing with you guys.

and her little friend

Not gonna lie, she is pretty bad. But I come from the point of view that commanders decks aren't meant to be built to be the most efficient possible, but to showcase a commander you love or find interesting and build around that card in the most efficient way.

He is the one that made the rule but it hurt Aurelia and Newzuri as well, even Memnarchs Blightsteel is gimped.

Oh well.

She could find a space in grenzo havoc raiser.
That monkey's face gives me a chuckle

: My thoughts are similar to .

Baral and Sram seem solid. Baral works in any deck using blue, but can pilot the deck as well. Sram makes sense in any voltron deck that can use white. Yahenni is interesting. I like the hate, built-in protection and sac-outlet, but it only seems worthwhile as the general. Rishkar is average, Hope is bizarre, and Kari Zev's doesn't seem worth using in any deck (even outside of EDH), but the monkey token seems humorous.

>Ramirez
>red

2 power and she would be busted. Mini Geist if saint traft.

Still shit

Godo is the fucking king. Accept no substitutes.

>gut my Melek deck for RG Wort
>all these blue cards

fuck what do I do with these

I kind of want to build Azami LabMan

Add kusari-gama and Kaldra's sword

These are always so fucking cringe, just stop.

It starts conversation sometimes at least, but by all means cry about it some more.

Have you tried not being autistic?