>Judith Lafleche
>Tyrant Mount
After Fort Defense
>Phisney Carnhel
>Serf Bardol
>Drake Mount
After Defiant
>Dragon Mount

Alalda, who's family had perished, was rescued by a Beautarian fighter as the city fell. She was just a small orphan girl and nobody knew who her family was, so she was named Firemourn after the loss of the city and so many in it. She was taught to ride, shoot and fight by Princess Kayla's bodyguards. Once it was discovered that Alalda had strong magical potential, she was set on the path of becoming a battlemage. Her supreme beauty has led many suitors her way, but her devotion to the purging of all detritus has caused her to reject all approaches.

Alalda specializes in healing magic and protection magic, but her hatred for detritus has given her the power to unleash powerful holy flames upon the twisted, perverse creatures. From atop her flying mount she scans for where her healing and wards are needed and swoops down to provide aid. In the meantime, she casts light spells and snipes at detritus with her musket from the air. When the fighting gets tough, she's also able to smite enemies up close and cut through the monsters with her blades.

And the first stroc goes to Angel. A musket dragon cavalry, no less. Actually pretty cool.

You're also making me consider making Kayla's brigade strictly all female but I will not fall for your womanly charms, Angel.

I wanna make a construct but the lack of strength is killer.

>not being fire skelie master of music

>a skeleton master of music
>would have worked perfectly with my Axe-Axe build

FUCK

Does anyone know when Necromancer update is coming out?

I am considering reworking construct a little so you can choose an attribute to naturally excel at, at the sacrifice of the others.

That would be too good, though.

Write about your rock-off against the Det-Ves.

Khow Goshawke "Glasstalon"
Stroc
Prophet

Intellect
Clarity
Mind
Agility
Strength

Wizard Robes

Shortsword 3
Ice Staff 6
Wand Rapier 7
Shield Catalyst 4

Flame Unlock
Flame Skates

Frost Unlock
Cryo Shot
Shatter
Comet
Seeker Shards
Wall of Ice

Faint Runner

Kazue (Physical B) Her portents often help Khow be in the right place at the right time.

Despite his lack of a Forerunner mark, Glasstalon makes good on his membership based one one factor alone-speed. Making creative use of unremarkable schools, Glasstalon soars around the on flame skates and ice ramps, often concluding with a meteoric finish, piercing high-priority targets with his signature rapier at breakneck speeds with a shattering crescendo.

I wanted to make use of the spell schools less used, but as for the future, how well do flame and frost schools mix? Will Dragoon Armor melt away/be incompatible with spells like Comet? And is Flame Skates+Wall of Ice too much?

I'm not even a writefag. But fine, I'll name him Grohl.

pastebin.com/AKMnzwaG

Can I give Construct tentacles?

>I'm not even a writefag
It's not like you have to pass an entry exam.

Whew, nothing like finding the perfect character image.

>he doesn't know about the writefag exam

user please

Glad you like it!

>but I will not fall for your womanly charms

But you know you want to;)

Shut up, you. You're too old to be seducing people.

No.

>But you know you want to;)

Angel, quit seducing SDA. He has a penis.

This is why I tell you to fuck off each thread.

>you will never be able to suck on SDA's feminine penis
>tfw

Life is an eternity of pain. Only death brings bliss.

How about I keep absolutely loving your cyoas, and you keep absolutely loving my characters:)

Wow, SDA is falling for Angel?
Who knew the rapist would fall for the raped.

pottery

Bliss is a mediocre CYOA maker anyway.

Sorry for hiding it in the textblock of
but do flame and frost schools mix alright? Will Dragoon Armor melt away/be incompatible with spells like Comet? And is Flame Skates+Wall of Ice too much?

Daggeroth Tyrn

>Human
>Vanguard

- 1.Strength 2. Intellect 3. (tet attributes) Endurance, Precision, Agility

>Battle Mage Armour
>Knight Sword
>Shield Catalyst
>Square Shield
>Wand
>Mace

>Lightning Unlock, Shadow Unlock
-(armour etch) Energy Harvest
-(armour etch) Blink
-(weapon etch) Shadow Weapon
-(weapon etch) Vorpal
-Bolt lvl 1
-Warp lvl 2

Companions-

Theo Laine (Tough shot)- Physical B, Magical C, Frost & Nature

Emeline Oiseaux (Nine Knives)- Physical B, Magical D, Lightning & Shadow.

Ever since his brother was killed by a corrupted Battle mage 3 years ago, Daggeroth has decided that he will do everything in his power to end those who are corrupted before they do kill the innocent. He still has much to learn, and knowing this Daggeroth has decided to train in the Elysium Colosseum by fighting those he may one day have to track down while also honing his combat capabilities towards those who are like him.

With that in mind, Daggeroth uses his speed, strength, and accuracy to pinpoint enemy weak spots and cut through magical & physical defences at close range, ensuring the opponent has little time to react in order to end the fight as quickly as possible.

I love this artist.

Anyway how does corruption work? Sanguine Essence lets me gain strenght through blood but is drinking the blood of Detritus a bad idea?

Get the fuck out of my thread.

Should every option have an image to go with it? Do you think its okay for a single image to represent an entire section of text?

Depends on the style.

>Should every option have an image to go with it?
>Do you think its okay for a single image to represent an entire section of text?
You don't necessarily have to have pictures at all, so using relatively few pictures can work just fine.

I'd say they can be compatible. Your tactics definitely are sound; Frost magic ice is hardier than normal.

That said, I'm certain that doing something like flattening yourself against the ice and superheating your armour will melt the ice.

It's more of a spore-spreading corruption as opposed to blood. You're not likely to get corrupted unless you get caught and taken prisoner, or are among lots of Detritus for a prolonged amount of time.

Drinking the fresh blood of a Detritus creature is relatively fine, but the spores are generally created by the rotting corpses of their flesh masses.

>You're a good artist.

only when possessed by eldritch horrors.

Yup, I am. Time to let my superiors take over.

>tfw too busy working on my own CYOA to make a Battlemage build

I will say it's interesting that something about it always makes me want to build a heavy armor bruiser. Normally I'm all about the mega nerd mage life but in Battlemage I just want to hit things really hard.

Also, do Knights of Dust require only Aegis armor or can I squeeze in with Knight? Or even hopefully Battlemage but I doubt those count.

SDA said last thread I could pass for Knights of Dust with Soldier armor, so Knight should be fine.

>It's more of a spore-spreading corruption as opposed to blood. You're not likely to get corrupted unless you get caught and taken prisoner, or are among lots of Detritus for a prolonged amount of time.
>Drinking the fresh blood of a Detritus creature is relatively fine, but the spores are generally created by the rotting corpses of their flesh masses.

So burn them all with holy flame?

For Monster Hunter, does a combination of Rekindle, Primal Power, Iron Body, and Overdrive work?

I'm thinking of making basically a flame focuses battlemage who is essentially constantly burning himself up for more power. Primal Power means that you cast from stamina, and Iron Body drains stamina, but Rekindle is elemental magic that replenishes your stamina. So basically by drawing on his own inner fire, he's constantly buffing himself to replenish his own mana and reinforce his body. Which is good, because he's also constantly tearing his body apart using Overdrive, and then using Rekindle to heal the damage.

>SDA never replies

T-that's okay.

For reference, here's the build:

Class: Warrior
Blessing: +3 stat points (+3 STR)

Skills (20)

Physical
(-1) Tempered
(-1) Willpower
(-1) Enhanced (+1 STR)
(-1) Sixth Sense
(-3) Overdrive
(-3) Iron Mass
Total: -10

Spiritual
(-1) Poisons (+1 DEF)
Total: -1

Weaponry
(-1) Marksmanship (+1 AGI)
Total: -1

Elemental
(-1) Primal Power (+1 STR)
(-1) Affinity
(-1) Propulsion (+1 AGI)
(-3) Rekindle (+3 AGI)
Total: -6

Ethereal
(-1) Indomitable (+1 STR)
(-1) Premonition
Total: -2

End Stats
STR 10 (+5)
DEF 4 (+5)
AGI 7 (+5)
INT 1
SKL 2

Licenses
- Ancient Glacial (5 Threat, +65 Tribute)
- Desert (3 threat, +45 Tribute)
Total Tribute: 110

Tribute
- Beauty (-5)
- Exempt (-25)
- Library (-10)
- Market (-10)
- Training (-5)
- Scavenging (-5)
- Club (-5)
- Low Accommodation (-20)
- Servant (-10)
- Appearance (-5)
- Personality (-5)
Remaining: 5

This post screams "It's not D&D!"
That's the opposite of my problem with it. It tries to be too much like D&D for no good reason, and as a result it makes no sense. D&D already makes no sense, so making your own D&D with even less clarity of design isn't really commendable.

>Physical and mental aspects of vigour; what about that insinuates that it deepens your mana well like Mind does?
The part where it includes the mental aspect of vigor, and mana store is explicitly denoted as "the endurance of one's mind".

>Also, I'm sorry, but I didn't know you knew the real word of the trait that increases your mana reserves.
If there isn't an existing word to use, using a word with a meaning that's unrelated isn't the way to go. That said, the simplest solution would be to just call the stat "mana". In addition to being clearer, you could then spend the first sentence of the description on actual description rather than saying "this is a euphemism for mana" in more words.

>This is not a "be anything you want to be" CYOA, it's a "You're a battlemage now, go kill detritus" CYOA. Marks were created for that purpose.
If that's true, then it should apply to the whole CYOA. Or at least the whole marks/attributes section. Applying that philosophy to marks but not attributes just makes the design feel schizophrenic.

Alternately, git gud.

Vyse Montrose
Human, Slayer
Strength, Endurance, Agility, Clarity, Intellect
Knight Armour
>Weapons
Custom Weapon (Knight Sword+Staff)
Custom Weapon (Kite Shield+Shield Catalyst)
>Spells
Flame Unlock, Cloud of Smoke, Conflagration
Force Unlock, Momentum, Unstoppable Force
Lightning Unlock, Empower (Armor Etch)
>Guild
None.
>Companions
Alarik Venäläinen, with the remaining 4 Blood Glass coins used to boost both his skills by 2 each (Phys A, Mag B)
>Quests
Novice: Hindrance
Learn Explosive Blows and Launch
Save those 3 Blood Glass Coins.
Intermediate: Skirmish
Learn Magma Torrent, Dragoon Armor, Nova
Gain companion Haude Gourcuff, spend 2 Blood Coins to make her skills rank A.
Expert: Reclaimation
Learn Flame Skates, Cauterize, Dragon Fire, Dragoon
Gain companion Phisney Carnhel, spend 1 Blood Coin to make her Physical Skill A.
Gain companion Kazue Aagasa, spend 3 Blood Coins to make her Physical Skill A.
Gain Drake Mounts.
Heroic: Annihilate
Learn Bolt, Energy Siphon, Warp, Energy Focus, Energy Barrier, Mjolnir, and Static.

I bet I miscounted something somewhere.
Also where's the Kazoo tree?

Ew.

Almost everyone who gives themselves a name are faggots in desperate need of attention whose shitty, cringey roleplays take up too much of a thread even with how little of it there usually is.

I'll take that as a compliment then.

>forgetting to take off your name before samefagging

fucking shitposters.

Still not very helpful feedback with no examples, references and is nothing but insults. I'm waiting for your solution.

The endurance of ones mind before it can no longer spend any more mana, the eluding to the way one's mind can no longer keep conscious when one's vigour runs out, or one's mind gives up after expendable physical energy is spent. I will clarify this more, but realize that I wrote most of the descriptions in this CYOA in just a few minutes, if not seconds. Give me a break.

You mean the same way every other game system does the exact same thing with different wording?

Last point is the same as the first; it's empty and is meaningless to me.

Please be more solid with your arguments, it appears you're just insulting me for the sake of pissing me off. I see no one else being this anal about such nitpicky things.

Gonna nap, now. Tonight was supposed to be my "get all the little shit out of the way" night but I'm spent. Been working almost 20 hours a day non-stop for the last two-ish weeks on this.

I took tomorrow off, though.

Are you using that image to be sarcastic?

I want you to know that I live for posts like these. I take pride in the fact that while people like you revile the thought of my presence, and despite the fact that I am an insufferable cunt who likes to piss people off, I am still more wanted than you.

I suggest you leave these threads for some time. I'm going to be pretty present for the next while.

I tried. Guess I'm just mediocre for life.

I won't shame the thread with my mediocre content anymore.

you are a sad, sad little man if this makes you feel any better about your life
stop implying your 'wanted' here you pathetic weeb

But I posted a build for new cyoa!

Now that we've opened this can of worms lets get into something really juicy. Which CYOA creator would you be happy to see completely disappear and all their content abandoned? Personally I can't stand Ordion user because he's a whiny faggot with subpar content. Also Beri but not really because of his content but because of his fan base.

>His fan base
How dare people like a CYOA maker and their work I'm guessing? But nah you're a skidmark and should shove your can up your ass.

Source? This is the one about a yandere maid right? I've been looking for it because her hair is olev but I can't find it anywhere.

All of them.
Only acceptable answer.

" You don't like what I like ? Fucking faggot die die die "

Oh, you're the baiter from the other day.

I don't know the source, sorry user.

Probably me.

Face it, some creators are faggots who despite being nice in and of themselves serve as a lighthouse for the worst kind of shitty faggotry. You don't need to like this truth, you just need to accept it.

Is the only word you can use 'faggot'?

" Because you have disagreeing opinions, you are obviously just baiting "

Guess I'm first on the chopping block. Finally, sweet oblivion here I come.

>Still not very helpful feedback with no examples, references
Do you mean regarding the D&D part? I have examples for the other things later. The D&D thing is pretty general by its very nature so getting specific is hard, but starting out with race/class/attributes from the get-go seems like a bad idea, not because there's something wrong with the ones you've got (though I could pick at each of them individually) but because there's nothing there to be worth it. Rather than a lack of problems, there should be something that justifies their inclusion in the first place. And right now I'm not seeing it.

>I'm waiting for your solution.
It's not my CYOA. If you actually want help on specific elements, I'll give it, but I'm not redesigning the whole thing myself. If I had time to do that right now, I'd work on my own.

>The endurance of ones mind before it can no longer spend any more mana, the eluding to the way one's mind can no longer keep conscious when one's vigour runs out, or one's mind gives up after expendable physical energy is spent. I will clarify this more, but realize that I wrote most of the descriptions in this CYOA in just a few minutes, if not seconds.
Cheers, I figured it was that kind of situation. I wouldn't have said anything if I didn't think you could use the feedback, you know? Though I will say that I think it's a bit of a shame to put so little time into the CYOA itself when you do so much to make it look good.

(cont)
>You mean the same way every other game system does the exact same thing with different wording?
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, so I'm going cautiously say that I don't think that's what I meant, but I could be wrong because I don't actually know what you meant by this. My initial point was that the name should describe the function of the attribute. You retorted that the attribute in this case is fictional, which is true, and I pointed out that "mana" is a fictional word to describe this fictional thing, and that you're already using it in the description anyway, which makes it a good candidate for the name. And I pointed out that "mind" has a meaning unrelated to its usage here, which confuses its usage in your CYOA since when people see "mind" they tend to think "mind" rather than "mana".

>Last point is the same as the first; it's empty and is meaningless to me.
Look at the attributes that are present in your attribute list. Now look at the attributes that marks grant. Compare those lists. If only the stuff that's in the marks is relevant, then a lot of the attributes are irrelevant. I'm advocating consistency here.

>Please be more solid with your arguments, it appears you're just insulting me for the sake of pissing me off.
I'm neither insulting you, nor am I posting with intent to piss you off. I think the nap is probably advisable, because your perception is a bit off, but I hope my clarifications are helpful.

Just keeping making CYOAs you weirdo.

I was just making a pun, no need to be salty.

Those new name fags that keep talking about feminine penises and trannys.

>Probably me.
Yep.

>I am still more wanted than you.
You're not. You have to constantly put out huge amounts of content just to get people to tolerate you, and yet your personality is so toxic that tons of people still hate you. A guy making an ordinary opinion post can't compete with that.

The silly thing is that it wouldn't even be that hard to change this. You don't even have to stop being a touchy asshole (although you'd probably be happier in the long run if you did), just to take a break from posting when you get into that kind of mood.

Italics because we don't need to encourage cuckoldry.

Let SDA meme a little. Not everyone has to be dead inside like me.

Posting a few of my favs, the shorter ones atleast.

Neat.
I'd be game for playing with and teaching a godling, as well as being a Guinea Pig for mostly harmless Phenomenal Cosmic Powers and such. Teaching shouldn't be too hard, as long as the godling is patient and not too unreasonable with the questions. Same with playing, as long as it doesn't get bored of games too quickly and isn't fussy about my story selections. As for the random magical hijinks, so as long as I avoid making strict time commitments and pay my bills ahead of time, I should be able to manage.

That should net me 3 boons and 2 favor a year, plus another boon every three months, plus the initial free one.
My first boon would be for Income, with all the tri-month boons wishing for the same. If I'm going to spend time playing with a god and being its guinea pig, I need to insure my livelihood..
My first year's three boons would be for Lucky, and Divine Gift (fifty-two presents a year, should be fun openning them up).
2nd year: all three tiers of Health
I guess I'll play it by ear after that; hard to know what'll be good to have in a divinely influenced future.

If things really go well enough, maybe we could even set out to look for its toy (Lost and Found). I'd want to buff up a bit with boons before heading out to do dangerous stuff, though. Until then, mostly comfy times ahead!

>have mercy

We Z Nation now.

Look man, I didn't mean it. Can I give you a hug?

Yes pls.

Here you go, one e-hug. I hope I didn't ruin your night. I know I'm not very good at being nice so I'll leave it at that.

"New content should stop being created and all content creators should leave" is a pure bait opinion though, it doesn't make any sense for any /cyoa/ regular to have. The only people who could genuinely hold that opinion are baiters or people who simply want /cyoa/ to disappear. In other words, butthurt baiters.

I'm a regular, and I actually think it might be good to have a "reset" where nobody makes anything for a year or two.

Sweet. Have a CYOA.

" You disagree with something therefore you are baiting. "
Or, I just think most of the current namefags need to leave. Maybe not all of them, just most of them.

From a very top-level point of view, races here were meant to be just an aesthetic choice. What are you expecting, that each race completely changes the way you play the CYOA? Wouldn't that technically be the reason why you would want to pick races first anyways? And isn't almost every RPG designed for you to select your race/class/attributes from the get-go? What's the alternative, and why is what I'm doing so wrong?

Null.

Making it look good is arguably an important aspect nonetheless. Visuals help a ton and contribute to immersion. That said, you're insinuating that I didn't plan things out and work out mechanics quickly. I specifically said description writing--that's only the fleshing out part of a CYOA and is about as important and integral as the visual aspect from my perspective.

In this CYOA, I have nine attributes which is more than average among typical game systems. I even believed nine was too little and originally planned for sixteen; naming was a tiny concern to me, especially when the other eight are fine how they are. If I can name a spell "Umbra" or "Blink" or "Cosmos", then what's the harm here?

Some attributes are more relevant than others, as some of them are rather situational. This isn't a section that was meant to be consistent, or at least whatever you're insinuating.

"The races are shit" piques my interest and eggs me on to wanting to understand why someone would think that. I, as the creator, know there are flaws and would naturally like to know what flaws are most apparent.

I am wanting to nap now.

I'm getting tired of being SDA.

Not because I don't enjoy pissing off autists like you; I enjoy that very much. But because, as SDA, it's become my job to do it. It's become my job to fight back the autism.

>enjoying your job is a bad thing

>Not because I don't enjoy pissing off autists like you; I enjoy that very much. But because, as SDA, it's become my job to do it. It's become my job to fight back the autism.

But in doing so you have become the autism.

You don't think I acknowledge that?

Someone has to do it, and I actually believe that to be true..